Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

There's hardly anything good in the cash shop though. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
lol @ anyone spending $45k on a video game.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

randombattle posted:

There's hardly anything good in the cash shop though. :psyduck:
In our shop. Their shop has a bit more game-impacting stuff - various experience/karma boosters and black stones, for instance. The big thing however, is what I mentioned before - kickbacks to loyalty points. Buying 2000 pearls will give you 1000 loyalty points, which you can then use to buy a boss scroll which you farm for top gear. Therefore, you can basically buy in-game money, and gear, directly via cash shop, if you consider both this and ability to sell cash shop stuff on auction. Therefore, want that +19 Kzarka Longbow for 1.8kkk on marketplace - throw in a couple grand, sell poo poo out on marketplace, and just buy the weapon, or the whole supply of black spellstones on the market if you want to try the luck yourself.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

randombattle posted:

It's the two seater skill. I don't think it's limited to t6 horses though.

It's not. I think t6 and above (so t7 and t8) can learn it as well. That horse is impressive because it has a ton of other nice skills though, too.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Clocks posted:

It's not. I think t6 and above (so t7 and t8) can learn it as well. That horse is impressive because it has a ton of other nice skills though, too.

Sidestep and charge. Hnnnnnnnggggg

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Wilekat posted:

So I've been doing the 4 cooking dailies in Velia for a couple of days now that ends in Serendia Specials, which are considered a good end-game food I think. Here's a breakdown of the materials and steps for all four dailies.

Bear in mind that the end product of dailies #2 and #3 are required for daily #4, which means you'd need to do these steps whenever you want to make Serendia Specials anyway

Daily #1: Fish Filet Salad

Ingredients
10 cheese (dry 10 milk)
10 eggs
10 olive oil (vendor)
20 salt (vendor)
10 mineral water (vendor)
20 dried fish (10 fresh)
15 onions

Recipe

1x egg
1x olive oil
2x salt
1x mineral water
-------------
x10 Dressing

4 dried fish (2 fresh)
3 onions
2 Dressing
2 cheese
--------------
x5 Fish Filet Salad to complete

Daily #2: Fruit Wine

Ingredients

45 Fruit
30 Leavening Agent (vendor)
20 flour (grind 20 grain)
15 dough (grind 15 grain, then shake flour with mineral water)
35 mineral water

Recipe

1x fruit
1x leavening agent
1x flour
-----------------
x20 essence of liquor

3 dough
1 essence of liquor
2 leavening agent
5 mineral water
------------------
x5 Exotic Herbal wine

3 essence of liquor
1 exotic herbal wine
5 fruit
2 mineral water
-------------------
x5 Fruit wine to complete

Daily #3: Ham Sandwich (Skilled 1)

Ingredients

60 dough (grind 60 grain, then shake flour with mineral water)
30 milk
40 eggs
20 leavening agent (vendor)
60 red meat
10 onions
20 peppers
20 salt (vendor)
25 vegetables

Recipe

3 milk
2 eggs
2 leavening agent
6 dough
---------------
x10 soft bread

6 red meat
1 onion
2 pepper
2 salt
---------------
x10 grilled sausage

2 soft bread
2 grilled sausage
4 eggs
5 vegetables
--------------
x5 ham sandwich to complete

Daily #4: Serendia Special (Skilled 6)

Ingredients

6 Fruit wine
3 Ham Sandwich
30 dough
18 honey
24 eggs
12 milk
36 mineral water (vendor)
6 salt (vendor)
6 cooking wine (vendor)
12 red meat
9 sugar (vendor)
6 olive oil (vendor)

Recipe

4 dough
6 honey
2 eggs
4 milk
-------------
x3 Beehive cookie

3 eggs
6 mineral water
1 salt
1 cooking wine
------------
6x Boiled Bird Eggs

6 dough
4 red meat
3 sugar
2 olive oil
--------------
x3 meat pie

1 Meat Pie
1 Ham Sandwich
1 Beehive cookie
2 Boiled Bird Eggs
2 Fruit Wine
----------------
x3 Serendia Special to complete

Cooking is a bit of a timesink :v:

I did not know this was a daily. I assume just the end results are the quest? I have previously made a giant pile of Herbal Wine and Dressing, for example, and I assume you can make a ton of the subs and get some free cooking xp while making your stacks of specials like this?

Sounds great!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I made an advanced cooking station for my house specifically to craft Slave Worker[tm] brand artisanal craft beer.

Currently I have 54 lukewarm beers rattling around in my backpack, somehow.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

glug posted:

I did not know this was a daily. I assume just the end results are the quest? I have previously made a giant pile of Herbal Wine and Dressing, for example, and I assume you can make a ton of the subs and get some free cooking xp while making your stacks of specials like this?

Sounds great!

This list is handy but I never need to do more than 2 crafts o. Each except the special to get the set of 5. My cooking lunacy will end this weekend though as I was gone sat/sun/Mon and won't be in the top 10 anymore. Calpheon daily is fun too vtw. First two are just hand ins so I have stockpiles of hundreds of them.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

glug posted:

Sounds great!

Yeah, you just need to make the end products. I've been doing all off the components just to squeeze more cooking skill out and have about 100+ spare of most of the intermediary mats now. A serendia special combined with a milky tea is a great pair of grinding foods!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Strategy posted:

Found this on the BDO forums :lol:

But why...what is there to even spend this much on?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

Pretty Princess on multiple characters.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Kimsemus posted:

probably buying all their alts costumes, and then started rerolling horse skills

the "hope" system on horses are just a failstack that costs $2.50. sprint / sidestep / drift / whatever are considered "rare" horse abilities, and thus have a lower chance of being learnt or rerolled, so "hoping" with your wallet improves the chances of rerolling it when using the item

lewtt fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Mar 28, 2016

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
its so.... real

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Strategy posted:

Found this on the BDO forums :lol:

In the short time this game has been out that man has just about beat what I've spent on Marvel Heroes in three years

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drythe posted:

In the short time this game has been out that man has just about beat what I've spent on Marvel Heroes in three years
It's not clear cut case if you are better, now that you say that.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't notice that I had gotten a witch's earring last night. Was a nice surprise this morning. Sold that fucker right away.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Actually that only took into account what Steam says I bought. I still didn't go all out in the first month at least!

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

lewtt posted:

its so.... real

guild leader catlady confirmed

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I mean there's that one dude who spent $300 to get some specific dye for his character.

It's super easy to rack up spending $$ in this game. Someone spent like $400 trying to get 9% combat exp on three pets which I'm not even sure worked out for them since the 3% combat modifier is pretty rare. Just outfitting and buying weight etc for your characters (or maybe he wanted alllll the inventory space) can be like another $100(+) per character. Maybe he spent a bunch getting cash shop furniture to be the #1 residence.

At least aside from dye boxes, we haven't seen loot boxes that have like a .5% chance to drop a special costume or whatever. The brief period of time I played in BnS they came out with one of those and some whale spent like $3k opening boxes (and still didn't get the costume). Frankly the money in that screenshot is too low to even be an impressive whale imo.

edit: this also reminds me, I know Ayli in chat was talking about Elision's Tears and how if you use one while dying during boss scrolls (where you lose no exp) using one apparently just flat out gives you 1%. Pay $40 to gain a level?

Clocks fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Mar 28, 2016

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

Clocks posted:

I mean there's that one dude who spent $300 to get some specific dye for his character.

It's super easy to rack up spending $$ in this game. Someone spent like $400 trying to get 9% combat exp on three pets which I'm not even sure worked out for them since the 3% combat modifier is pretty rare. Just outfitting and buying weight etc for your characters (or maybe he wanted alllll the inventory space) can be like another $100(+) per character. Maybe he spent a bunch getting cash shop furniture to be the #1 residence.

At least aside from dye boxes, we haven't seen loot boxes that have like a .5% chance to drop a special costume or whatever. The brief period of time I played in BnS they came out with one of those and some whale spent like $3k opening boxes (and still didn't get the costume). Frankly the money in that screenshot is too low to even be an impressive whale imo.

Yeah what a loving casual.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

2DCAT posted:

lol @ anyone spending $45k on a video game.

a star citizen bengal carrier crashes into the thread, from whence did it come? No one knows because star citizen is not a game.

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em

Third World Reggin posted:

So the golden hot spot in fresh water is stupid tiny, like the size of a dog or two.
Some leather carp and piranahs are there for gold fish.

Can I make good use of my fishing time at a hot spot even if I still am a beginning fisher? Or will I just be in the way since this is a tiny spot

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Gegil posted:

Can I make good use of my fishing time at a hot spot even if I still am a beginning fisher? Or will I just be in the way since this is a tiny spot

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gegil posted:

I made 300k while completely afk watching 2 episodes of daredevil at beginner levels. If I had been active fishing, double to triple that number.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
During the break between guild missions, SFD took a field trip to a whale-house in Heidel.

The guy has three floors done up like this, and there's even more cash-shop furniture out of frame behind me in that screenshot.

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

Rhymenoserous posted:

I made 300k while completely afk watching 2 episodes of daredevil at beginner levels. If I had been active fishing, double to triple that number.

I will confirm this, 2 hours or so of AFK fishing this morning while at the hotspot Lewtt mentioned earlier got me about 300k.

If you're not at a hotspot, more of your pulls will be trash loot and you won't get as much cash (and I think fishing XP is also connected to the quality of the fish as well?)

This was going from Beginner 10 to Apprentice 1 for me.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Probad posted:

During the break between guild missions, SFD took a field trip to a whale-house in Heidel.

The guy has three floors done up like this, and there's even more cash-shop furniture out of frame behind me in that screenshot.

Apparently the top end "house points for investment bank shenanigans" players in Korea fill their houses with nothing more than cash shop chandeliers and wall to wall bookcases.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Taran posted:

I will confirm this, 2 hours or so of AFK fishing this morning while at the hotspot Lewtt mentioned earlier got me about 300k.

If you're not at a hotspot, more of your pulls will be trash loot and you won't get as much cash (and I think fishing XP is also connected to the quality of the fish as well?)

This was going from Beginner 10 to Apprentice 1 for me.

I didn't seem to get much but greens with skilled fishing, stop taking my fish you jerk :argh:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Probad posted:

There's a three story house??

I must know where so I can make the prettiest home

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em

Rhymenoserous posted:

Awesome! Time to fish. To verify that I"m in the right spot, I should just manually fish for a few casts to make sure that I don't pick up fish bones / seaweed ?

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Drythe posted:

There's a three story house??

I must know where so I can make the prettiest home

This one was No. 9-4 in Heidel. It's on a side street near the fountain.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Stanley Pain posted:

Didn't notice that I had gotten a witch's earring last night. Was a nice surprise this morning. Sold that fucker right away.

Don't tell Clocks that.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Zarcnest posted:

Don't tell Clocks that.

I'll get one eventually. :colbert:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Over here in parks and rec, we don't take fishing seriously.

I expect that of goon tang

But then we got this guy

Goon tang please go kill him when ever you can

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

You belong in a reddit guild if you care about your unlimited amount of fish in your precious fishing spot that much

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

Over here in parks and rec, we don't take fishing seriously.

I expect that of goon tang

But then we got this guy

Goon tang please go kill him when ever you can

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
BURN THE WITCH :supaburn:

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere
Oh poo poo, I didn't know we weren't all on the same side; quick get some sec ops group together and ensure the operational secrecy of all fishing action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

From today's guild chat discussion.
Grunil chest - 7 brass ingots, 3 fine tough hides, 10 black powders, 9 black crystals.
Grunil helmet - 3 brass ingots, 1 fine tough hide, 10 black powders, 9 black crystals.
Grunil boots - 4 brass ingots, 2 fine tough hides, 10 black powders, 9 black crystals.
Grunil gloves - 2 brass ingots, 1 fine tough hide, 10 black powders, 9 black crystals.
Grunil total - 16 brass ingots, 6 fine tough hide, 40 black powders, 36 black crystals.