Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

Kilson posted:

Why is Isis in that team? Nothing in C10 binds, and you probably would've won with some green prongy thing instead.

Honestly, I was just looking to waste some stamina so I hadn't scoped out the floors before I tried it and happened be a lot more successful than I expected. (i've never beaten a c10 before) But the 3 turn damage shield did actually help me out a few times, and I also put all the color damage resist tamas on her. Other than that, I do agree that she's probably going to end up more of a situational sub, especially after I get ASusano up to speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

:woop: First attempt and victory at a C10! Kind of wishing I'd tried them before, but they always seemed so daunting I didn't want to feel like I blew 100 stamina on an inevitable GAME OVER.

EDIT: VVVVVV A. Yomi/A. Sakuya/D/G Persephone/Beach Pandora/A. Haku/A. Yomi. The Yomis, Sakuya and Pandora were hypermaxed, and Sakuya's occasional jammer blocker helped with Hera and Parvati. VVVVVV

Themata fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 28, 2016

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Themata posted:

:woop: First attempt and victory at a C10! Kind of wishing I'd tried them before, but they always seemed so daunting I didn't want to feel like I blew 100 stamina on an inevitable GAME OVER.

What team?

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
Watch this guy pay 80+ stones trying to help people clear mech zeus.

https://www.kamcord.com/v/dZnv3jAM5R1
(MZeus Starts like 36 mins in)

After paying almost 60 stones, they just give up trying to kill MZeus with yomidra, lol

Zaras
Mar 11, 2013

Okay.
Well, after burning more gems than I care to mention, I got my Lvalk. Probably sub it over King Shynee or Viz Asgard eventually. Sucks having cost be the limiting factor.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit

Zaras posted:

Well, after burning more gems than I care to mention, I got my Lvalk. Probably sub it over King Shynee or Viz Asgard eventually. Sucks having cost be the limiting factor.

Don't waste gems at your level on stuff like that. Totally not worth it.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Zo posted:

Rip in peace maxmurai. Didn't get invited to the last stream, and today the banner to his site (app bank) was removed from the official pad site.

People online calling for a "finally fired maxmurai event" savage af lol

Whoa, any word why he's being iced out? or did he leave the PAD Life on his own accord

Zaras
Mar 11, 2013

Okay.

Ned posted:

Don't waste gems at your level on stuff like that. Totally not worth it.

Oh yeah looking back it's a huge waste, but I'm never sure how long it takes for these decends to come around again so I figured whatever. I haven't started on the challenge dungeons yet so I can make 'em back in time for the next Godfest I care about.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

Zaras posted:

Oh yeah looking back it's a huge waste, but I'm never sure how long it takes for these decends to come around again so I figured whatever. I haven't started on the challenge dungeons yet so I can make 'em back in time for the next Godfest I care about.

Light valk is permanently available through one of the multiplayer dungeons. Same goes with any other heartbreaker and healer girl (and probably some others too).

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Okay I think someone just needs to tell me who to hyper next instead of my indecision continuing to make this Black Knight the swolest 3-star monster in the land.

Either I finish the blue team by plussing Valkyrie Reine or Andromeda, or I start on Awoken Pandora or perhaps one of her good subs like Summer Claire or z8.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Random thought - whatever happened to Awoken Ares and Persephone? It's been almost a month since the other Awoken Greeks were announced...

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
FF collab got in the way.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Plorkyeran posted:

FF collab got in the way.

This is the answer. All worthwhile evos and poo poo got delayed not to intervene with the cash cow.

Which is fine with me since the longer it takes for the evolutions to happen the more powerful they'll have to be to keep up with the power creep. Maybe not so much for those two, since the greeks are so similar, but I do hope Ares gets a nice boost. Red is not doing that well lately.

Also, I just did the challenge 10 with the shivedog and the fight against parvs was hilarious. Took me 30 turns until a) She didn't use trishula and b) I didn't get random cascades. Fun, but silly as hell.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Holy christ I finally beat snowy valley after what must've been at least ten tries.

Ra/Viper Orochi/Indra/LKali/DKali

First four floors are trivial. Fifth floor, carefully get starling down to as low as I feel comfortable, then viper orochi and carefully kill. Illsix, indra and then two ra activations gets me down below resolve. He does some damage, turns the board poo poo, locks jammers. Clear everything, heal to full, and indra keeps me alive since I had about 27900 hp with Ras and both kalis at 297 and he does 27760 or so with the 75% dr. Use whichever kali I have left, and kill.

I loving hate 30% resolve and I hate really low damage caps on pretty high hp monsters.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

silvergoose posted:

Holy christ I finally beat snowy valley after what must've been at least ten tries.

Ra/Viper Orochi/Indra/LKali/DKali

First four floors are trivial. Fifth floor, carefully get starling down to as low as I feel comfortable, then viper orochi and carefully kill. Illsix, indra and then two ra activations gets me down below resolve. He does some damage, turns the board poo poo, locks jammers. Clear everything, heal to full, and indra keeps me alive since I had about 27900 hp with Ras and both kalis at 297 and he does 27760 or so with the 75% dr. Use whichever kali I have left, and kill.

I loving hate 30% resolve and I hate really low damage caps on pretty high hp monsters.

I still can't do it. Any team I have that can clear 5 can't clear 6. I'm thinking of going with AVenus+DQ/Valk/Raphael/Z&H+AVenus and grinding out 5, then Raph/Valk/Venus #1, then Z&H->DQ/Venus #2 and hoping that does it, but I don't have those cards as developed as I'd need to pull that off.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

This is the answer. All worthwhile evos and poo poo got delayed not to intervene with the cash cow.

Which is fine with me since the longer it takes for the evolutions to happen the more powerful they'll have to be to keep up with the power creep. Maybe not so much for those two, since the greeks are so similar, but I do hope Ares gets a nice boost. Red is not doing that well lately.

I'm guessing they'll probably be similar to the other Awoken Greeks - an R/G Awoken Ares that gives 2x ATK/HP to Red and an extra 2X ATK for matching Red & Green, and a D/B Awoken Persephone that gives 1.5x ATK/HP/RCV to Dark and an extra 2.5X ATK for matching Dark & Blue.

Which would actually make them slightly better as leaders compared to the other Awoken Greeks, since they'll be able to use their respective Chinese Girls as subs.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheQuietWilds posted:

I still can't do it. Any team I have that can clear 5 can't clear 6. I'm thinking of going with AVenus+DQ/Valk/Raphael/Z&H+AVenus and grinding out 5, then Raph/Valk/Venus #1, then Z&H->DQ/Venus #2 and hoping that does it, but I don't have those cards as developed as I'd need to pull that off.

What, can't you just Yomidra the rear end in a top hat? It should be trivial as gently caress.

DaveWoo posted:

I'm guessing they'll probably be similar to the other Awoken Greeks - an R/G Awoken Ares that gives 2x ATK/HP to Red and an extra 2X ATK for matching Red & Green, and a D/B Awoken Persephone that gives 1.5x ATK/HP/RCV to Dark and an extra 2.5X ATK for matching Dark & Blue.

Which would actually make them slightly better as leaders compared to the other Awoken Greeks, since they'll be able to use their respective Chinese Girls as subs.

Yeah, their skills will be the same as their cousins. But I'm mainly interested in their awakenings, since they are mons that are usually used as subs.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 28, 2016

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

Yeah, their skills will be the same as their cousins. But I'm mainly interested in their awakenings, since they are mons that are usually used as subs.

Yeah, the awakenings will be interesting to see. Subtypes, too.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

What, can't you just Yomidra the rear end in a top hat? It should be trivial as gently caress.

You have to bring a gravity to work around the resilience but yeah YomiDra can clear it.

Shadowmage
Apr 28, 2006
I've finally beaten all the regular normal dungeons (thanks for the A.Ammy friends!) and I think I might be almost ready to tackle descended dungeons, starting with probably Hera. I think I need to focus on leveling and awakening a single team, but I'm not sure which team I should be building and focusing on. Any suggestions? What has the most potential?

Box: https://www.padherder.com/user/dzhang50/monsters/

Urd: https://www.padherder.com/user/dzhang50/teams/#223924
Red Sonia: https://www.padherder.com/user/dzhang50/teams/#220407
Bastet Healer: https://www.padherder.com/user/dzhang50/teams/#223725

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Quick question since its actually relevant to me now: are any of the endgame dragons (sky, mech, whisky, etc) worth keeping? or are they basically just food or evo fodder forever?

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Ashsaber posted:

Quick question since its actually relevant to me now: are any of the endgame dragons (sky, mech, whisky, etc) worth keeping? or are they basically just food or evo fodder forever?

Some of them can fuse and make UEVO Dragons, but for the most part no.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

bengy81 posted:

I should finally unfavorite a bunch of lovely farmable dragons that I don't use and aren't used as evo mats for a good evo.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

WalrusWhiskers posted:

Watch this guy pay 80+ stones trying to help people clear mech zeus.

https://www.kamcord.com/v/dZnv3jAM5R1
(MZeus Starts like 36 mins in)

After paying almost 60 stones, they just give up trying to kill MZeus with yomidra, lol

Lol bringing yomidra to an end game dungeon smdh

Xenochrist posted:

Whoa, any word why he's being iced out? or did he leave the PAD Life on his own accord

No idea, and it's all just circumstantial right now anyway. Still it seems like gungho is trying to get actual TV personalities to do the streams now so someone like murai, who's only popular because of pad (and not the other way around, even a little bit) would be the first to go.

Theres absolutely no way murai would leave on his own though.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Zo posted:

Theres absolutely no way murai would leave on his own though.

The other guy with the nice hair always seems like he's trying not to give up on life every time Murai gets really into things.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Replace him with some tarento with big tits. One that doesn't take 10 minutes to do a match. Thank you gungho.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

He got carpal tunnel and they had to Old Yeller him behind the puzzle shed.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

trucutru posted:

Replace him with some tarento with big tits. One that doesn't take 10 minutes to do a match. Thank you gungho.

I thought the one handed guy was alright for his first time hosting. Everyone is gonna take 10 minutes because literally millions of stones and piis are on the line so that's never gonna go away.

Also picked up my first rainbow orb today. Aka 20 +eggs. The radar app is down to like 2.5 rating on Google play store so they're really gonna have to do something about this.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Kuros posted:

I should finally unfavorite a bunch of lovely farmable dragons that I don't use and aren't used as evo mats for a good evo.

YOU WILL NEVER TAKE MY STARLING OR CANOPUS FROM ME!!!!

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

trucutru posted:

I loved watching Murai gently caress around on boards until he actually had to do something or die and then busting out a massive combo. I have no idea why they'd want to get rid of a showman like that, it just amps up the suspense and pay off in the end.

The last stream was pretty boring without Murai in my (probably worthless) opinion.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Clearing MP dungeons and coin rotations for stones owns. On March 1 (after the big GFE godfest) i had 3 stones. I'm up to 71 and I know I burnt a few on the last ranking dungeon. I did get 10 from another 100 days played.

I imagine in the same time period on JP they've probably handed out a ton more but these stones (plus whatever else I hoard) should keep me from actually buying stone on the next GFE-fest or whatever GF I decided to go hunting for poo poo.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Clearing MP dungeons and coin rotations for stones owns. On March 1 (after the big GFE godfest) i had 3 stones. I'm up to 71 and I know I burnt a few on the last ranking dungeon. I did get 10 from another 100 days played.

I imagine in the same time period on JP they've probably handed out a ton more but these stones (plus whatever else I hoard) should keep me from actually buying stone on the next GFE-fest or whatever GF I decided to go hunting for poo poo.

There trick I use is to keep around 200-250 free stones. If you actually managed to blow through all that in one gf you either got what you wanted (lol yeah right) or you feel so disgusted that you don't wanna roll anymore.

I went down to 165 during the last godfest two weeks ago and was already disgusted with just that. Anyway back up to 212 now.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Zo posted:

I thought the one handed guy was alright for his first time hosting. Everyone is gonna take 10 minutes because literally millions of stones and piis are on the line so that's never gonna go away.

Also picked up my first rainbow orb today. Aka 20 +eggs. The radar app is down to like 2.5 rating on Google play store so they're really gonna have to do something about this.

What are people's problems with it? Just the amount of rainbow orbs?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zo posted:

There trick I use is to keep around 200-250 free stones. If you actually managed to blow through all that in one gf you either got what you wanted (lol yeah right) or you feel so disgusted that you don't wanna roll anymore.

I went down to 165 during the last godfest two weeks ago and was already disgusted with just that. Anyway back up to 212 now.

Stupid FF collab has already cost me 30 stones for pure poo poo (Vivi, you poo poo!) but I have set my min limit to >100 stones so the self-loathing has been fairly minor.

Which reminds me I have to go spend a couple of stones in tamas. Getting all these skill-lenders up to gold star level takes quite a bit of resources.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

cryptoclastic posted:

What are people's problems with it? Just the amount of rainbow orbs?

More so than the lack of rainbow orbs, though that is a problem, I think people are mostly super pissed that the really good stuff (Noel rush, radar dragons) is time exclusive to the festas. Like people were selling Zeus dragon invitations for $30-50 USD.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

trucutru posted:

Stupid FF collab has already cost me 30 stones for pure poo poo (Vivi, you poo poo!) but I have set my min limit to >100 stones so the self-loathing has been fairly minor.

Which reminds me I have to go spend a couple of stones in tamas. Getting all these skill-lenders up to gold star level takes quite a bit of resources.

My other trick to never IAP is to roll collabs on my alt. My alt who only really wants radra so the silvers are insta sold. Hah your lovely ff silvers don't even cost me free stones, eat poo poo gungho.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

bengy81 posted:

YOU WILL NEVER TAKE MY STARLING OR CANOPUS FROM ME!!!!

bengy81 posted:

Okay, keep an eye out for Starling, it looks like it has a good skill, got it. I'm currently making a God Canopus since I was just clearing Mechdragon anyways. Not sure if I'm going to make a Hadar evo, but I've gotten rid of all the chaff dragons I had already collected, so my box is already much more roomy.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, 50 baby tamas barely made a dent on my backlog of stuff. And now I also have to skill them Akechis (best dark skill for my teams). Still got plenty of ~piis but the dark stash is down to 40.

Seems like I will have to setup a decent Kaliseum team in the US in order to farm those little shits for when we get skill transfers there. So I guess that means lots and lots of +egg farming, since I'll probably go with a scrub pando team.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Ashsaber posted:

Okay, keep an eye out for Starling, it looks like it has a good skill, got it. I'm currently making a God Canopus since I was just clearing Mechdragon anyways. Not sure if I'm going to make a Hadar evo, but I've gotten rid of all the chaff dragons I had already collected, so my box is already much more roomy.

The UEVO trophy dragons aren't bad IF you can actually use them, like starling is an ok U&Y sub, and if you have a blue healer team it's pretty decent there as well.

Canopus used to be a clutch farmable Athena sub, and Hadar could be used as a devil sub or a machine sub if you have the makings of a team.

And if I remember correctly, there is a fully farmable Tuesday mythical team you can make that revolves around using Folklore, but I can't be assed to look it up at the moment.

Mostly they are fun trophies to make while you are farming the dungeons for stones or skill ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Gladu
Nov 26, 2008

I've read that on 5x pluses technicals and 1.5x drops on monday, you should run Door of Light and Shadow. Did I misunderstand something, been misled, or am I extremely unlucky? Cause I've been running it a bunch, and only got one +. Had a lot more luck with OOH on this weekend.

• Locked thread