Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Coffeehitler posted:

Added you both, mine is 947,945,061

Added you three, I'm 848016754

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

vmdvr posted:

Both of these games are awesome, and are no IAP, no stamina/powergems, no F2P bullshit. You buy good game, you get good game. More people should buy both of these games. Especially King of Dragon Pass.
Everyone should own KODP on their tablet. I hated the interface on the phone but maybe it's been improved..?

Ota_Himuro posted:

Well it seems KoDP is not compatible with the SHIELD Tablet. Probably because of all the sick graphics :/
That's wild because it is almost the only thing that still runs reliably on my TF101 tablet, which is like 6 years old now and can barely open email or a web browser.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I read an article about how Punch Club has 5x the number of copies pirated (1.5m) than sold (300k).

That made me think "I should support them! I have survey bucks, why not?". However, I've been reading reviews, and they're truly mixed. Some people love the game for what it is, others absolutely hate the grinding race with your stat decay.

I trust goon reviews. Thoughts?

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I read an article about how Punch Club has 5x the number of copies pirated (1.5m) than sold (300k).

That made me think "I should support them! I have survey bucks, why not?". However, I've been reading reviews, and they're truly mixed. Some people love the game for what it is, others absolutely hate the grinding race with your stat decay.

I trust goon reviews. Thoughts?

It got a good solid 10 hrs play from me, haven't quite finished it but as far as i know there are two alternative endings, and i may revisit it one day to finish and then try a different play style (i went for brute force, but apparently speed is the way forward, you can't be hit at all and never run out of stamina).

It's good, but i agree the stat decay needs to be nerfed a bit as it gets to be a bit of a slog in the higher levels.

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.

dpack_1 posted:

It got a good solid 10 hrs play from me, haven't quite finished it but as far as i know there are two alternative endings, and i may revisit it one day to finish and then try a different play style (i went for brute force, but apparently speed is the way forward, you can't be hit at all and never run out of stamina).

It's good, but i agree the stat decay needs to be nerfed a bit as it gets to be a bit of a slog in the higher levels.

Agreed with this. The end of the game just becomes a complete grind which spoils an otherwise fairly enjoyable make the numbers go higher game.

Antilles
Feb 22, 2008

Byolante posted:

Added you three, I'm 848016754

Added all four, my ID is 947,881,022.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Re: Skyforce Unite!

I'm really trying to enjoy this game but I've hit a wall. Between the Stamina bar and the lack of "cubes" I'm stuck.

My main guy is around Level 24 and I have Tier 4 Fighters and Gunships and a handful of Lvl 1 and 2 parts researched. I've unlocked No.6 Malibu sea however I can't advance due to the fact I can't repair my planes as I lack the cubes to pay for it.

Seriously, I wish Kairo would offer a paid version that dumped adds and the stamina bar.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I have a problem in Skyforce and that is steel enemies. How can I get AP or laser weapons?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I haven't gotten a Google Survey in 10 days now. Anyone else? I was at a Target and Home Depot last week, too..

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

I had a pretty big gap in the last month, but then I got 3 this weekend.

All depends on what marketers are looking for when you are where you happen to be.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

New Leaf posted:

I haven't gotten a Google Survey in 10 days now. Anyone else? I was at a Target and Home Depot last week, too..

Come up to Canada sometime!

...and realize that that's the norm here. Ah well, still free money.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

Make sure your location services are enabled. Mine get mysteriously disabled sometimes, I probably just hit the quick toggle by accident but I don't notice doing it until I realise that I didn't get a survey for a week.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Tunga posted:

Make sure your location services are enabled. Mine get mysteriously disabled sometimes, I probably just hit the quick toggle by accident but I don't notice doing it until I realise that I didn't get a survey for a week.

Oh, I didn't even think of this. Wish I had it on the last year I was driving 3 States a day.

1-Up
Aug 8, 2007

JayKay posted:

Re: Skyforce Unite!

I'm really trying to enjoy this game but I've hit a wall. Between the Stamina bar and the lack of "cubes" I'm stuck.

My main guy is around Level 24 and I have Tier 4 Fighters and Gunships and a handful of Lvl 1 and 2 parts researched. I've unlocked No.6 Malibu sea however I can't advance due to the fact I can't repair my planes as I lack the cubes to pay for it.

Seriously, I wish Kairo would offer a paid version that dumped adds and the stamina bar.
Yah I wondered wtf happens if you run our of "mile points" aka the cubes. That is a definit hole in their gameplay. Buy new planes with gold maybe?
I'm using tier 1 and two "rare" planes that I have synthesized to level 20-30 so they have around 400-500Ap, so they can take a few hits. You get som cubes for log-in and from random npc:s very rarely that lounge around in the cafe/shop-area, havent found a way to farm for cubes yet. Edit: the monkey can break down items for cubes but very loving slowly, as in multiple hours slowly.

Michaellaneous posted:

I have a problem in Skyforce and that is steel enemies. How can I get AP or laser weapons?
I got two of those, both from the medal gatcha store. I think I saw a tip that lightning element is effective versus steel enemies, use monkey-professor to add lightning stones to weapons. Also cannons and other heavy hitting things do more damage (bombs, rockets).

1-Up fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 28, 2016

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Until today, the last one I got was on 3/16. Today, I got a dime because I said yes, I am employed either full time or part time, by a business or myself. :homebrew:

AlexDeGruven posted:

All depends on what marketers are looking for when you are where you happen to be.

Also, this.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Speaking of surveys, I just got one asking all my demographic information. Weird, since I'm pretty sure I did that a year ago... I suppose some of that could change, though.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I think they closed the multiple device loophole too. I used to get identical surveys on my tablet and phone, even though my tablet never left my apartment. That was a lot of extra Googlebucks I earned that way.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
This coming event in Granblue is gonna be great, just from the banner and this promo image.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
The boss summon items are diner meals :allears:, can't wait to see what dumb boss will show up and if there'll be a unique theme. The SSR summon seems to be a silhouette of Catarina.

And tried some Clash Royale, its alright but time gated hard. Would like it more if there was some PvE to grind for better stuff rather than PvPing till my rating gets too high for any fun.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 29, 2016

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Schubalts posted:

This coming event in Granblue is gonna be great, just from the banner and this promo image.

Yeah but where the gently caress is my english version!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Hey March hasn't ended yet. They've still got three days to get the English version out and hit their originally announced launch window. And I mean it's not like video games ever get delayed, so you're good.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
If you can brave through the foreign text, then tomorrow would be a fantastic time to start up an account. It'll be a legendfest but the zodiac character won't be in the pool.

Soo they hit 10m registered users(hurray for rerollers), and over the next 7 days you should beable to do a 10 roll each day.
Read something along the lines up that you needed to get one week of the daily login rewards before you can take advantage of the free rolls? No idea on accuracy of it.

http://xiei.moe/games/granblue-fantasy/granblue-fantasy-10000000-campaign/

http://puu.sh/nXO4M/0a1c0bbffe.webm

Drakes fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 29, 2016

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I apologize if it's been posted already but is there an easy way to get on to Granblue right now for people outside of Japan? The Play store page in my browser is whining at me about compatibility but I'm not sure if that's just a regional restriction or what. I'd prefer if I was able to do this without creating a fake kawaii Google account or whatever.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I believe QooApp is the go-to app downloading thing for Asian stuff. You can get Miitomo on there too.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Have you guys built a knowledge tree in Skyforce? It'll let you harvest mile points multiple times a day but the fruit has to be ripe to get a decent amount [>3 points]

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I apologize if it's been posted already but is there an easy way to get on to Granblue right now for people outside of Japan? The Play store page in my browser is whining at me about compatibility but I'm not sure if that's just a regional restriction or what. I'd prefer if I was able to do this without creating a fake kawaii Google account or whatever.

Its a webapp game that sorta streams over a mobile browser, you can play it over Chrome with mobile emulation by ctrl+shift+i http://www.mbga.jp/_game_intro?game_id=12016007 .

While the google apk does exist, it doesn't seem to run well at all and maybe a glorified browser package.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Dodoman posted:

Have you guys built a knowledge tree in Skyforce? It'll let you harvest mile points multiple times a day but the fruit has to be ripe to get a decent amount [>3 points]

I've only gotten gold from mine :iiam:

Also, are the copper ingots used for anything? Just sell them?

JayKay fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Mar 29, 2016

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
The free pulls in Granblue are real and I managed to get one of the big 3 summons:magical:.

Possibly a complicated marketing scheme to get whales to throw enough money for 300 rolls so they can cherry pick the exclusive characters:v:.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

JayKay posted:

I've only gotten gold from mine :iiam:

Also, are the copper ingots used for anything? Just sell them?

There are two types of trees - knowledge trees and money trees.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Drakes posted:

The free pulls in Granblue are real and I managed to get one of the big 3 summons:magical:.

Possibly a complicated marketing scheme to get whales to throw enough money for 300 rolls so they can cherry pick the exclusive characters:v:.

Nice. No SSRs for me so far, but with as many free pulls as we're getting I'm not worried yet.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
As far as 'how to get Granblue' -- the answer is not Oooapp -- th answer is simply bookmark the webpage, because the app /is/ a wrapper for the webpage.

So just go to http://gbf.game.mbga.jp/

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Dodoman posted:

There are two types of trees - knowledge trees and money trees.

:suicide:

I'm an idiot. Thanks.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Why is everyone going crazy over Granblue?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
It's basically Not-Final Fantasy with team collecting/building. Perfect recipe for people to go crazy. Also they announced back in September that it was getting an English release this month, so shiny "new" game hype is in effect, even though we haven't seen anything about it since officially (that I've seen, and I don't keep up with it really).

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Tagichatn posted:

Why is everyone going crazy over Granblue?

The combat actually seems like it has a lot of strategy involved with team/ability composition, plus weapons and summons that all interact in various ways.

Apparently the tip top endgame is all about a large time investment grinding materials for special weapons and spending real money on the top gacha characters, but so far without spending a dime there's a ton of content and free stuff all the time.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
Hey, Im here looking for Simcity, Final Fantasy Tactics or a Civ Clone...

SO SUCK MY DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
There's actual Final Fantasy Tactics on Android now! Progress~

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'd like to try granblue but I just dropped money on medal Masters and I'm not sold on playing jp games.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

foutre posted:

There's actual Final Fantasy Tactics on Android now! Progress~

Isn't it impossible to run smoothly on most phones though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How do you reroll in this amazing game?