Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Faffel posted:

my fav part of this is the goonpug stutter

or was that shadowplay? cuz that's what goonpugs look like for me after 10 minutes.

I can't play goonpugs because of the stutter either :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Wow pyth is going to miss the major due to visa problems

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
lol and pyth stickers explode instantly

e: xist and friberg sticker values collapsing in tandem

nftyw fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 27, 2016

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Holy gently caress that sucks :(

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I learned some fun new flashes from this

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
My 99c pyth foil is now worth $30. jfc.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I'd say sell it personally because there's plenty of room for that to go down, then again if they create a new sticker to replace pyth's (unlikely b/c Valve laziness) and discontinue it then it'll be the new Howling Dawn.

e: Unless you dont have the ability to sell it immediately, in which case hope for the discontinue

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Mukaikubo posted:

also i have no mousepad

Get a mousepad!

Also for only having played the game for a little over a hundred hours you're plenty good, just remember that a lot of the people you play against in a goonmans has thousands of hours and sometimes (spread over) a decade+ of cs experience, so don't feel bad if you don't top the scoreboard!

Also you won an eco 1v2 clutch against people who are much better than you and had rifles, that is pretty baller

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Bohemian Nights posted:

Get a mousepad!

Also for only having played the game for a little over a hundred hours you're plenty good, just remember that a lot of the people you play against in a goonmans has thousands of hours and sometimes (spread over) a decade+ of cs experience, so don't feel bad if you don't top the scoreboard!

Also you won an eco 1v2 clutch against people who are much better than you and had rifles, that is pretty baller

There are moments when things are clicking, a few rounds at a time, but more often it's just like I'm playing underwater; moving slower and reacting slower. It is a bit frustrating, but I know mostly it's because I don't really understand the maps well enough to *know* when and where people are likely to be coming from so I can be pointing at them instead of a quarter screen off to the side. That and all the "Yeah, I KNOW I should hold my crosshair at head level but then I forget halfway through the round when I sprint around a corner" stuff. :v: The goonman 5v5s are actually not that frustrating even when I'm getting a mudhole stomped in me save for the times where, after I die, I ask myself "What did I gently caress up and how could I have made a kill there" and I don't understand what happened well enough to have an answer. If I can see how I'm loving up, I'm a lot happier, because that means I can work on it.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Mukaikubo posted:

The goonman 5v5s are actually not that frustrating even when I'm getting a mudhole stomped in me save for the times where, after I die, I ask myself "What did I gently caress up and how could I have made a kill there" and I don't understand what happened well enough to have an answer. If I can see how I'm loving up, I'm a lot happier, because that means I can work on it.
Sometimes the answer is bad luck. Not always but sometimes. Or it's, you need to hit a hs. But like I said, sometimes it's bad luck.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
IM DYING

PYTH ANSWERED QUESTIONS WRONG ON HIS IMMIGRATION FORM SO HE'D HAVE AN EXCUSE TO QUIT WFOX AND NOW HE CANT PLAY AT THE MAJOR

WFOX TOP 1 NA

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Demostrs posted:

IM DYING

PYTH ANSWERED QUESTIONS WRONG ON HIS IMMIGRATION FORM SO HE'D HAVE AN EXCUSE TO QUIT WFOX AND NOW HE CANT PLAY AT THE MAJOR

WFOX TOP 1 NA

That guy is really dumb

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I mean, way to go loving yourself out of a really sweet gig I guess?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

NA CS is too hardcore for some

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
This one is for you, Taytay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIJrkB0tU5s

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Played in a cup with a couple old mates and two DMG level players yesterday and beat a team who I just found out came 7/8th (and came very close to going to semis) of the biggest UK national LAN on that very day. And that's all you need to know about UK CS.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Why is UK CS so bad? Are there just hardly any good LANs? I'm in the UK but never really cared about any of that stuff.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

chavs can't aim

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

90% of british people I meet on MM are literal morons who think they know everything about the game and get all salty when you don't follow their lead. Basically NA CS but with oim8 fackin nob'ed nicked my AK

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Who y'all got for the Major?

Fnatic all the way for me, baby.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

fnatic have a 75% chance of leaving the group with a clean 2-0.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

qhat posted:

Why is UK CS so bad? Are there just hardly any good LANs? I'm in the UK but never really cared about any of that stuff.

From what I've heard there's a combination of a less than great internet infrastructure, high costs of living that lends itself poorly to making a life out of something that just doesn't pay and gets very little local attention, no UK orgs willing to provide a salary you can survive on and a nerd culture at the high level that very much disparages 'tryharding' or actually making an effort at succeeding

For these and probably other reasons UK teams can't seem to stay together, and I think it actually has quite a few things in common with the Norwegian CS scene in that there's a decent amount of individual talent but no rosters stable enough to actually succeed in the long term.

e: at least the UK doesn't have a neighboring Sweden that has since 1.6 stolen any rising talent from what could have otherwise been promising teams :argh:

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 28, 2016

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Atleast you still have dephh

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Demostrs posted:

IM DYING

WFOX TOP 1 NA

oh look yet another reminder that "esports" is literally just children playing at being "professionals" in something

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
yes and therefore....

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

Who y'all got for the Major?

Fnatic all the way for me, baby.
I expect LG, Fnatic, Astralis, and NaVi in the semis. It'll be Fnatic vs. LG/NaVi. Could go either way then, depending on the map choices and who shows up.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

qhat posted:

UK actually has/had a pretty healthy domestic LAN situation, and lots of orgs are situated in the UK or are from the UK in the first place. The UK is just a lot like a more toxic USA, with worse grassroots and less people from which a good team might spring out.

There's a big cultural stigma here, like in the US, that trying hard at videogames is nerdy af. It's not like there aren't talented UK players, but you'll almost never get 5 non-retarded Brits in one team that stays and practices together. The difference between a really good bunch of players and a really good team is just all the lame poo poo like practice, learning hundreds of smokes and flashes, and general restraint/teamwork.

There are good players here though. Almost every month, UK players are at the top of the EU ESEA pugging stats: https://play.esea.net/index.php?s=stats

The difference is that five Swedish people will come together and play two hours of DM per night, then do five hours of dry run strats and games. And that's not seen as abnormal. I once did the maths on what proportion of men between 15-24 play CS:GO in Sweden and the number is around 20-30%. The culture around games is just different. I've played with people from a lot of different EU countries, and maybe the only one that is like the UK is the Netherlands, in terms of really not giving a poo poo.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Demostrs posted:

IM DYING

WFOX TOP 1 NA

pyth x 2+ dw stickers (there is no dw sticker), wf sticker, and teamwork sticker

"dealbreaker"

Rite Of Massage fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 28, 2016

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Hahaha this Dazed stream yesterday with Hiko and Semphis joining in is hilarious

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Had the weirdest run of games today, even got a derank out of it. One game 4 russians burning themselves in spawn every round, one with 2 leavers at round 3, not even the gun round and they're over this, then 2 close losses that I did well in and 2 rough losses to five stacks of sub 100 hour accounts. Monday during a bank holiday is not my time.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Officially removing dust2 from my map rotation for good, haven't had a good game on it in weeks.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Goofballs posted:

Had the weirdest run of games today, even got a derank out of it. One game 4 russians burning themselves in spawn every round, one with 2 leavers at round 3, not even the gun round and they're over this, then 2 close losses that I did well in and 2 rough losses to five stacks of sub 100 hour accounts. Monday during a bank holiday is not my time.

Yo you were on my team earlier. The inferno game that we went 16-3.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

That was the good one, yeah that went well. I just wanted to vent about the ones beforehand. Which one were you? i assume not the hyperactive child

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

No, although I was queued with him, I was 'hello my friends'. The game was a joke so I'm fairly sure everyone was just pissing around.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I'll add you, now that I've eaten and vented I'm untilted.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

qhat posted:

Officially removing dust2 from my map rotation for good, haven't had a good game on it in weeks.

noob spotted

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

this owns

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
CEVO has a pug ranking system now too I guess I needed another measure of knowing I'm a shitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

qhat posted:

Dust 2 just takes skill. You might just be bad.