Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Crazy Pigeon posted:

Dealer did have 3 gt350s on his show floor so I looked at my bank account and became sad. Blame my sadness.

Wow, where was that? Most places I've seen were showing them as having a single one on order, or one waaay marked up one on their show floors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Gwaihir posted:

Wow, where was that? Most places I've seen were showing them as having a single one on order, or one waaay marked up one on their show floors.

Ricart in central Ohio. They had a red blue and yellow one. Dealer also had a cobra jet mustang if you ever wanted to make your mustang's front end lift off.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Gwaihir posted:

Dealer markups should be out right illegal, I cant wait until car manufactures get wise and kill off the franchises and go with tesla's model. no other chain does that.
If I go to an Apple store on this side of the country or the other, the price is always the same and that should go with cars too. /end rant.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Crazy Pigeon posted:

Ricart in central Ohio. They had a red blue and yellow one. Dealer also had a cobra jet mustang if you ever wanted to make your mustang's front end lift off.

I keep looking at these things endlessly even though with the news about the new for '17 options that model year is going to be a way way better choices than the '16s :(

kalvick posted:

Dealer markups should be out right illegal, I cant wait until car manufactures get wise and kill off the franchises and go with tesla's model. no other chain does that.
If I go to an Apple store on this side of the country or the other, the price is always the same and that should go with cars too. /end rant.

I saw one priced at $80k by a dealer in Louisiana I think, which is, well, fuckin lol.

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 23, 2016

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

frozenphil posted:

Yeah. As far as manifold replacements go it's about as easy as it can be. There are plenty of decent guides and videos for the job out there.

Welp they put pressure on the system with the mani back on and it's a sieve.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

clutchpuck posted:

poo poo sucks, but at least you know what the fix is.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

clutchpuck posted:

The solution, obviously, is a new intake with a roots blower sitting on top. I mean, what else could it be?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Only reason the dealers get away with the ridiculous $20k markups is because ford doesn't allow them to trade GT350 stock. So if a dealer manages to get one on order and they wind up being the only guy in the area with one, they know they have the local market cornered.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Kalvick, you got some caster plates on your car? I'm doing mine this saturday, seems pretty easy though.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Digital_Jesus posted:

Only reason the dealers get away with the ridiculous $20k markups is because ford doesn't allow them to trade GT350 stock. So if a dealer manages to get one on order and they wind up being the only guy in the area with one, they know they have the local market cornered.

I think you can get a car shipped for less then $20k. The dealers just want one on the lot to sell more V6 ones at 20k a pop.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

Kalvick, you got some caster plates on your car? I'm doing mine this saturday, seems pretty easy though.

Are you seriously asking me if I have one of the most basic suspension components installed on my car?! haha. j/k :)
yea, they seem to be stupid easy to install but I had mine installed professionally because I wanted the alignment to be perfect.
I know if I did it myself, and then went for an alignment, the techs would only mess around with the bare minimums to get my wheels "strait" and not do anything to my
CC plates. I just dont have many good choices for that kind of work in my area unless I pay an arm and a leg for simple mechanical work. to me that was not worth it.

if you do it yourself and take it to a person who will do an alignment right. I would have no worries.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Haha my butter chassis is so worn they said they can't align it again w/o camber plates. So that's kind of next on my list if I ever have to realign it.

FREE CAP. MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kalvick posted:

Are you seriously asking me if I have one of the most basic suspension components installed on my car?! haha. j/k :)
yea, they seem to be stupid easy to install but I had mine installed professionally because I wanted the alignment to be perfect.
I know if I did it myself, and then went for an alignment, the techs would only mess around with the bare minimums to get my wheels "strait" and not do anything to my
CC plates. I just dont have many good choices for that kind of work in my area unless I pay an arm and a leg for simple mechanical work. to me that was not worth it.

if you do it yourself and take it to a person who will do an alignment right. I would have no worries.
My brother works at a dunn tire, and when I bought it in for a tire swap one of the mechanics suggested getting one (because of my messed up camber). He owns a new edge too with the same SR Performance kit so I know he'll do it right.

Cage fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 24, 2016

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

My brother works at a dunn tire, and when I bought it in for a tire swap one of the mechanics suggested getting one (because of my messed up camber). He owns a new edge too with the same SR Performance kit so I know he'll do it right.

you lucky guy!

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
http://jalopnik.com/shelby-returns-to-the-rental-counter-with-the-2016-shel-1766341233

Auto only though, of course :/

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Should have seen that coming. I hope they get one at Logan since I'll be traveling up that way this summer.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
Ugh dealer says he couldn't get it today so I have to wait until Monday now. There's goes my weekend driving...

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Finally saw a GT350 in person.

Looks so good.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

ilkhan posted:

Finally saw a GT350 in person.

Looks so good.

Looks?????

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
It was probably sitting in a parking lot or something.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

oRenj9 posted:

It was probably sitting in a parking lot or something.

Buhbuhj posted:

Looks?????
Cars and coffee meet. But he makes a good point, that sound when he rolled in was loving mean.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
This was probably mentioned in here before but A Faster Horse is on Netflix now. A pretty good time waster and look into Fords design process.

edit: Hurray got word my wheels are shipping Monday, finally.

GabbiLB fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 27, 2016

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Any of the s550 guys have a MBRP catback exhaust? Thoughts? Thinking about picking one up.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I have MBRP street for my EB but Ive heard the street on the GT as well. It sounds great and isn't too loud but Ive been told that both the street and race drone on the GT.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Think how much better the auto would be if they would stop wasting resources making the stick.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

Think how much better the auto would be if they would stop wasting resources making the stick.

Outdated technology = soul and passion

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Elephanthead posted:

Programming an auto properly is much harder than designing a manual transmission. It's not like a manual is complicated.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Elephanthead posted:

Food seems like the only company that can't figure out the sporty automatic thing. The Z, Camaro, Vette, Genesis Coupe, and the 2/3/4 Series all have really good automatics and have for a number of years. Ford's just now where GM was in 2010.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Stang is back in my possession. It warms up now, how nice. Anyone want to buy this thing? I have literally fixed everything.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

oRenj9 posted:

Food seems like the only company that can't figure out the sporty automatic thing. The Z, Camaro, Vette, Genesis Coupe, and the 2/3/4 Series all have really good automatics and have for a number of years. Ford's just now where GM was in 2010.

So does Dodge in the Challenger, and they're pretty much bulletproof because they were Mercedes-originated and not typical Chrysler garbage transmissions. Torque capacity of almost 800 ft-lbs? Yes, please.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kalvick posted:

you lucky guy!
Got the plates installed, took a few hours but got it done. Brother took my car to work and had it aligned. Drive so much better now, except theres this:

Thats me going straight. :argh:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Yep. Slightly annoying?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Cage posted:

Thats me going straight. :argh:

I think they put your tires on upside down. That will cause that.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
It is surprisingly annoying because it ruins 10/2 for me. I'll get it fixed on saturday.

Elephanthead posted:

I think they put your tires on upside down. That will cause that.
I asked them to put them on inside out. I'm not an idiot.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
when you car is parked, does the wheel have a lot of play? if so the rubber rag joint is bad in the steering shaft. there really isnt a way to fix it other than replacing it.
your car most likely had this problem before the plates where installed. the plates and the alignment just amplified how much bad shape it was in.

your car is what 12 to 14 years old, the rag joint let go a long time ago. get this. it will be like driving a new car.
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Steering-Shaft-Assembly-Power-Steering-Rack-1994-04-Mustang-P460.aspx

also, I should mention, I had the exact same issue with the crooked wheel.

kalvick fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Mar 29, 2016

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I'll take it back to the shop before I buy a $300 part. There's no play in the steering, its always been tight.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

I'll take it back to the shop before I buy a $300 part. There's no play in the steering, its always been tight.

I gotcha and I agree its an expensive part but your gonna have to have them disconnect the steering shaft, redo the alignment, then put the steering shaft back in which is why i suggested you replace the part.
once you start messing around and aggravating that rag joint its never going to be 100% when you put it back together. its a part that wears out over time and a terrible construction job by Ford.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Well its their fault for not remembering to lock the wheel when doing an alignment or whatever caused it, I don't care what they have to do. Ill report back saturday if they fix it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

Well its their fault for not remembering to lock the wheel when doing an alignment or whatever caused it, I don't care what they have to do. Ill report back saturday if they fix it or not.

I will hope that, this is the case for you and its an easy fix and they can correct it. there are so many other variables though. Welcome to the world of suspension.
alignment shops dont like messing around with aftermarket suspension parts because there are so many more variables play with. now with CC plates there are 4 directions that struts can be installed in.
and each one of those struts can be in a slightly different location.

if you are absolutely positive the steering shaft is ok these are other things to think about.
- The caster camber plates can throw your toe all out.
- depending on how your struts are setup in relation to the CC plates, you may need a bumpsteer kit.
- the rear end of your car is out of alignment that is the wheels are strait in relation to the front wheels but but the drive shaft is crooked
see this image http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...hrust-angle.jpg

i dont know how to explain this but sometimes alignment shops make sure the wheels are strait on the car, but the wheels are not strait in relation to each other. like the front 2 wheels may not be centered, one may be more forward or backward than the other one, or one is sticking out more to the right or left than the other one. same thing with the rears. and if all 4 tires are aligned to be strait but the car is not strait then you will have all kinds of problems.

GOOD LUCK DUDE! Ill pray its a stupid easy fix!