Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

HMS Boromir posted:

videogames are good, but the hardware they are played on is bad

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Cowman posted:

nintendo needs to make a new F-Zero already

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The NX codename is referring to a team up with Microsoft to developed the new system.

The console's final name will be WiiBonedU.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Tenzarin posted:

PS4 is good but you know they should really make some games worth playing on it.

all the GOTY candidates for the year are on ps4. enjoy.

SilverSupernova posted:

To this day it saddens me just how badly Sony hosed that up. At least with the PSP they actually bothered to make a variety of games based on their IPs. It bombed, but I still got some mileage out of it. What little they even do with the Vita anymore just seems to be targeting one specific demographic with incredibly Japanese style games. That's not such a bad thing, but the problem is that they do very little to appeal to other things.

Want to play WipEout? gently caress you we care about that less than Nintendo cares about F-Zero.
Maybe Ratchet & Clank, or Twisted Metal? Haha no!

Granted, this problem also extends to the PS4, but at least that gets 3rd party support.

the psp didnt bomb at all, it did really well especially considering they were agiansnt the DS

the ps4 has plenty of first party games out alrady and up for release, alongside 3rd party titles. it has more games out and upcoming than the xbox or wii u will have over thier entire lifespan.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

This thread would be a lot better without all of the console war nonsense.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The PSP only sold a WiiU's lifetime sales less than the second best-selling console of all time.

Xavier434 posted:

This thread would be a lot better without all of the console war nonsense.
literally what else is there to talk about

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Lady Naga posted:

literally what else is there to talk about

This thread is a paved parking lot outside a Whole Foods that's still 2 months away from opening and people are complaining about kids using it to play dodge ball.

Be glad they stopped using your driveway, ya Grampas and Grandmas!!!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Bass Bottles posted:

This thread is a paved parking lot outside a Whole Foods that's still 2 months away from opening and people are complaining about kids using it to play dodge ball.

Be glad they stopped using your driveway, ya Grampas and Grandmas!!!

Also some other kids came by to talk about how lovely dodge ball is and that street hockey is objectively more fun due to sales of street hockey equipment.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Mercury Crusader posted:

Also some other kids came by to talk about how lovely dodge ball is and that street hockey is objectively more fun due to sales of street hockey equipment.

*Throws a ball at ur face*

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
Controllers always look weird af before they come out, who knows it looks like these new ones might be able to fit up your butt

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Mercury Crusader posted:

And no matter how much the dodge balls kids ask, the street hockey kids just won't shut up about it.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Also the hockey kids are massive and swole and beat up the dodgeball nerds for torturing a metaphor to breaking point.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

THIS is MY metaphor and you will not commandeer it

console wars = dodge ball (and playful rough-housing)

shopping at whole foods = discussing actual NX news

Wondering if the unopened whole foods will have good prices on kale = speculation on if THE CONTROLLER MIGHT BE UNIQUE IN SOME BIZARRE, UNEXPECTED FASHION THAT ULTIMATELY IS UNDERUTILIZED

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I hope it's big & hefty enough to throw at someone and have it hurt without causing lasting damage.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

It's a good metaphor because it's not a car metaphor

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

I hope it's big & hefty enough to throw at someone and have it hurt without causing lasting damage.

please keep the wrist strap on at all times while the game is active thank you

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I only buy consoles I can bully people with.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Bass Bottles Nintendo User Experience Update: I just touched my Link Amiibo to my gamepad's NFC chip and unlocked a fluffy green scarf for my Pokken Tournament trainer

can i get a hell :yeah:

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Tenzarin posted:

Doesn't help the last good Zelda was on SNES.

The Oracle games, Minish Cap, and Link Between Worlds were all really good, though?

DumbInACan
Jun 14, 2015

Lady Naga posted:

Come on now. What is the point if you can't even send someone to the hospital with it? If it doesn't cause brain damage on impact, I don't want it!

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Patter Song posted:

The Oracle games, Minish Cap, and Link Between Worlds were all really good, though?

LBW is the best Zelda

very sad about that new co-op one :(

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

DumbInACan posted:

Come on now. What is the point if you can't even send someone to the hospital with it? If it doesn't cause brain damage on impact, I don't want it!

That's not bullying that's attempted murder :(

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Bass Bottles posted:

LBW is the best Zelda

very sad about that new co-op one :(

please imagine the links from four swords or triforce heroes standing on top of each other and wearing a really long trenchcoat to try and sneak into an r-rated movie

DumbInACan
Jun 14, 2015

Lady Naga posted:

That's not bullying that's attempted murder :(

I didn't attempt to kill him only to get extremely close to death. Is that really so bad??

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Instant Sunrise posted:

please imagine the links from four swords or triforce heroes standing on top of each other and wearing a really long trenchcoat to try and sneak into an r-rated movie

I am imagining it and now I am smiling and my mood has improved

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Stux posted:

all the GOTY candidates for the year are on ps4. enjoy.

Its cool, they also came out on the PC.

Also Link to the Past is the best zelda game.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
LttP is the only zelda game I played and also enjoyed

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Tenzarin posted:

Its cool, they also came out on the PC.

Also Link to the Past is the best zelda game.

i didnt know that nier 2, persona 5 and the last guardian are coming to pc. wow amazing!!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Stux posted:

i didnt know that nier 2, persona 5 and the last guardian are coming to pc. wow amazing!!

Nice straw man, now were doing future game of the year comparisons now?

How can you even be sure that the arrival of American Civil War 2:Trump saga, will even allow for the importation of any foriegn games?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Tenzarin posted:

Nice straw man, now were doing future game of the year comparisons now?

thats literally what i said in the post u quoted. candidates for the year. this year.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
if we're talking last year then the winner for GOTY is ps4 only so thats no really anybetter.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

lol if you think last guardian is being released

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Mercury Crusader posted:

quoting for posterity

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mercury Crusader posted:

It's

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Stux posted:

thats literally what i said in the post u quoted. candidates for the year. this year.

Its been like 3 months this year, theres no goty yet.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Tenzarin posted:

Do you know what a "candidate" is

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Tenzarin posted:

please read posts before u respond to them, u are getting in a bit of mess here

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lady Naga posted:

Do you know what a "candidate" is

Its way to early to even bother naming candidates.

Name me the ps4 exclusives already chosen as goty candidates?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

In retrospect TLG's delays aren't a big deal, the bulk of it was probably just the PS3 to PS4 shift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Tenzarin posted:

Its way to early to even bother naming candidates.

Name me the ps4 exclusives already chosen as goty candidates?

i already did jesus christ.

Motto posted:

In retrospect TLG's delays aren't a big deal, the bulk of it was probably just the PS3 to PS4 shift.

please lets not be apologisits for the terrible handling o f the last guardian

• Locked thread