Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

Over here in parks and rec, we don't take fishing seriously.

I expect that of goon tang

But then we got this guy

Goon tang please go kill him when ever you can

fwiw there isn't much "MY FISH SPOTS ASSBURGERS" in goontang. Most of our upper level dudes are engaged in what could be best described as "Shenanigans".

Like they will go out intending to do boss scrolls, but instead they end up pulling the world boss over on other groups doing boss scrolls. Or boat musket firing lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

fwiw there isn't much "MY FISH SPOTS ASSBURGERS" in goontang. Most of our upper level dudes are engaged in what could be best described as "Shenanigans".

Like they will go out intending to do boss scrolls, but instead they end up pulling the world boss over on other groups doing boss scrolls. Or boat musket firing lines.

That's because all the spergs left to play division or something.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
those goontangs. what a pile of dicks.

lewtt fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 28, 2016

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
All this is way above my level 30 head. I'll stick with tree punching every weekend.

(What actually is going in there?)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lurksion posted:

All this is way above my level 30 head. I'll stick with tree punching every weekend.

(What actually is going in there?)
Some guild is upset for being repeatedly owned by goons. Very upset.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

kalstrams posted:

Some guild is upset for being repeatedly owned by goons. Very upset.

goons are loving terrible i'd be very upset

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Gerblederp posted:

goons are loving terrible i'd be very upset

english not your first language?

I'm just guessing here

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

But then we got this guy

Alright. :)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

But then we got this guy

*picks up nokia 3310, starts incoherently yelling in russian whilst reaching for pack of ww2-era smokes*

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Amergin posted:

english not your first language?

I'm just guessing here

my punctuation keys are broken

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Yo dawg you're a bunch of scrub lord baby PKs even though you're doubling us on K/D.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

lewtt posted:

gently caress, now I regret the fact that I stopped playing until Blader release. I seem to be missing out on some fun.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alexander DeLarge posted:

gently caress, now I regret the fact that I stopped playing until Blader release. I seem to be missing out on some fun.
Don't worry, you'll miss out on fun after it's out too.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Yes, you're dumb. :thumbsup:

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

Yes, you're dumb. :thumbsup:

He bought a Vive instead lmao.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I love first gen VR from the 1970s

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Happy?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Probad posted:

This one was No. 9-4 in Heidel. It's on a side street near the fountain.

Fuuuck 9-4 is so good. It's 2 floors and an attic. I hope bookshelves will become craftable soon so I can move in there.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
Some massive sperg posted this on the BDO reddit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eutf7mHriZqE5mbVQfCdZ1uBHMD4KsUaBPHi3dJTs5k/preview?pref=2&pli=1#bookmark=id.og7gtsee95vb

Highlights:

quote:

Q: If level does not affect (much) Hit Rate, then what’s the point of leveling up?
A: (PvP-wise) If we assume that Level does not affect, alongside the Accuracy value, your AP value as well, then the “sole” purpose of levelling up would be to be able to unlock new, powerful skills (on top of a very small increase in your HP/MP). So, level is still important - just not as important as people used to think. (PvE-wise): it has been proven that your hit chance is drastically reduced against Purple Mobs, so it looks like that after a certain threshold, Level gap does indeed make a difference. Keep in mind that it has been “proven” that Level does not affect your hit-damage, at least in PvE.

Q: Does Level gap affect your damage?
A: It most likely doesn’t in PvE (see here). As for PvP, I have yet to fully try it out (although some of the data I gathered suggest that it doesn’t).

Q: are you telling me that a Lv50 guy who only spent his time crafting and bought his gear off the marketplace can be as strong as me, a lv55 guy who farmed 24/7?
A: if the gear pieces you have are the same, and assuming the skills you unlock between lv50 and lv55 are not that important, then it is a very likely chance. Maybe not exactly as strong, but not as weak as people thought to be.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

That's total horseshit, that kind of level difference is paramount in PVP.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Is this game any good if you are bored with most modern MMOs?

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Is there a good guide on fishing hotspots, how do you find them? how do you know when you have found one?
Thanks.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Hy_C posted:

He bought a Vive instead lmao.

I got a Vive for work. Kinda changes the dynamic of being an early adopter.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I wish there was more mounted combat. Seems like there's very little reason to do it, and it feels fuckin' awesome.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

lewtt posted:

ahahahah

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I don't know if it's true but it makes me glad because I have 90 ap and 161 dp and everyone is like 100+ ap and I'm like gently caress your ap offhands.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vier posted:

Is there a good guide on fishing hotspots, how do you find them? how do you know when you have found one?
Thanks.

Go out and explore, be the guide.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

tldr: stack accuracy, regardless of level. your DP reduces enemy accuracy. evasion is worth jack poo poo.

azwell/krea gear might not be a bad idea after this, as well as liverto being even better than before

someone does need to check this with bigger test sizes however

Aurra
Feb 3, 2006

If any :spergin: goons want to test the DP/Accuracy stuff further I'm really curious to see the validity in it. I have a really high accuracy setup with +15 Liverto and Accuracy offhand so ideally I'd have someone with a fuckton of DP.

Burrito_Tamer in-game.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Thank you for your service.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

RedTonic posted:

Thank you for your service.

drill sergeant birginia

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

BULLETS DONT FLY WITHOUT SUPPLY

J
Jun 10, 2001

My berserker dude is level 35 at the moment - should I pay more attention to upgrading my gear or will I get some from quest rewards? I haven't really been thinking about it but then I noticed nothing has level requirements. I have a few blackstones of each type and a couple million silver to work with, should I just go ahead and grab a yuria weapon and taritas armor and use these stones on them?

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

More gamebreaking bug news:

"Elion's tear restores 1% xp when you die even when to a field boss which you don't lose exp to. Bug report isn't gaining any momentum so maybe if people start abusing it they will remove this stupid item from the game."

So you can buy a level for 40 dollars. Some guy said it was fixed already though.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

J posted:

My berserker dude is level 35 at the moment - should I pay more attention to upgrading my gear or will I get some from quest rewards? I haven't really been thinking about it but then I noticed nothing has level requirements. I have a few blackstones of each type and a couple million silver to work with, should I just go ahead and grab a yuria weapon and taritas armor and use these stones on them?

If you're 35 you probably have a black spirit quest that rewards a basteer weapon. Do that quest, and then the followup where you mash a crystal into it and then remove it. Once you do that, upgrade the 'ultimate' basteer weapon he gives you to +7, because there is a quest at 48 or 49 that requires you to be using that weapon and it rewards you a bunch of blackstones.

Same story when the black spirit gives you an armor called like... dobram? or something. You can +5 that armor, at which point the spirit will let you trade it for any other armor from a different set at +5.

To make it more clear, Ultimate Basteer weapon to +7, dobram or whatever to +5 (preferably chestpiece), every other piece you can begin upgrading at will if you know what your endgame set is.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Can some gentle goon please breed some T3+ horses and put them on market, thanks.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kimsemus posted:

Can some gentle goon please breed some T3+ horses and put them on market, thanks.

NEVER! All the horse semen is mineeee!!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Wow that guy is super proud of his vaguely important sounding title that means jack poo poo to anybody.

Any guild in any game that uses "elite", "ranger", "javelin" or "battalion" is inevitably filled with super serious self important armchair soldiers who don't know what any of the words they use actually mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Aurra posted:

If any :spergin: goons want to test the DP/Accuracy stuff further I'm really curious to see the validity in it. I have a really high accuracy setup with +15 Liverto and Accuracy offhand so ideally I'd have someone with a fuckton of DP.

Burrito_Tamer in-game.
Liverto is thought (by some) to have ample hidden accuracy modifier, so you may be vastly overkilling it, since accuracy is thought (by some) to be an asymptotic function.