Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ross Angeles posted:

He actually kind of is and is easily top 3.

Montana, Young, Marino.

There's your top 3, and my jaw is clenched from giving Marino that much credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dan Marino is a top 3 human being on planet earth right now

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

MrLogan posted:

He's not even in the conversation for GOAT.

lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Montana, Young, Marino.

There's your top 3, and my jaw is clenched from giving Marino that much credit.

Montana, Brady, Marino

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Bart, Bradshaw, Eli

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That's "Top 3 tv outbursts of all time" Dan Marino to you scrubs

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRmsNvjLxBg

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm just glad Peyton is the new standard bearer for worst Superbowl winning qb ever

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Intruder posted:

I'm just glad Peyton is the new standard bearer for worst Superbowl winning qb ever

I think it's still Dilfer.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Linedance posted:

I'm pretty sure even he admits it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Linedance posted:

Their stats from their respective Super Bowls were pretty drat similar IIRC. In fact, I think Peyton was worse.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Linedance posted:

Amazingly, I think Peyton had a worse season though.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

It's still insane that Marino cranked out a 5k yard season before the league made all of the Peyton-rules.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I'm still not sure why it matters at all how bad Peyton played at the nadir of his career. Dilfer's sb was the zenith of his

Nov 6, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'm still not sure why it matters at all how bad Peyton played at the nadir of his career.

I don't think it really does, and in 10 years no one will give a crap or remember, just like Elway's final year has been whitewashed.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It doesn't matter in assessing Peyton's legacy, but it's just something of an ironic twist that an all-world QB like Manning, whose career was dogged by allegations that he just couldn't succeed in the post-season, ends up having the worst season of his life and finally gets a second ring.

Quarterbacks Aren't Always the Best: The Peyton Manning Story

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Sour Diesel posted:

It's still insane that Marino cranked out a 5k yard season before the league made all of the Peyton-rules.

I think Drew Brees said that Marino throwing for 5000+ in 1984 would be the equivalent of him throwing for 6500 in today's league.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I will make it my sacred duty to remind everyone that Peyton about as hard as any QB has ever sucked in 2015

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

What's surprising is it's still Dilfer won the Superbowl, not Lewis+Co, and Peyton won the Superbowl, not Von Miller+Co, and the next time a high flying offence meets a lame duck QB with a dominant defence people are still going to think the team with the good offence is somehow going win.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I don't really know that really describes Peyton's situation. He was physically done, but I say it was no small feat for him to accept that about himself after being benched. A guy who had carried the expectations of 2 franchises on his back for nearly 2 decades, who is also the current holder of just about every league passing record including 4th quarter comeback wins had to check his massive ego in order to win by accepting a diminished role. Which he did. That's baller af imo

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

That's ballet af imo

I think Peyton's pirouetting days are over :v:

Linedance posted:

What's surprising is it's still Dilfer won the Superbowl, not Lewis+Co, and Peyton won the Superbowl, not Von Miller+Co, and the next time a high flying offence meets a lame duck QB with a dominant defence people are still going to think the team with the good offence is somehow going win.

poo poo, the Broncos were on the other side of that coin two years ago to boot.

edit: Unrelated, but I know there are Packers fans who are still pissed at Ted Thompson for not trading for Lynch when he was available in '10. Well here's some salt for that wound :unsmigghh:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 28, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Intruder posted:

I will make it my sacred duty to remind everyone that Peyton about as hard as any QB has ever sucked in 2015

Anyone have dilfer and Peyton comparison on hand statistically

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

whypick1 posted:

I think Peyton's pirouetting days are over :v:

poo poo, the Broncos were on the other side of that coin two years ago to boot.

edit: Unrelated, but I know there are Packers fans who are still pissed at Ted Thompson for not trading for Lynch when he was available in '10. Well here's some salt for that wound :unsmigghh:

Wouldn't have helped the defense which was the biggest problem post 2010. Would have been neat but really don't think that it would change much.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

lmao if Adriana Lima isn't your minimum standard of beauty

Intruder posted:

I was going to ogle this supermodel but then I thought "is she as hot as Adriana Lima?" then smirked and moved on to greener pastures

I don't think she's even close to "supermodel" in looks, and especially not "jaw dropping"? I think there's plenty of "normal" women much prettier than Gisele Bundchen, too.

Did you used to get mad when you really thought a woman was good looking but your friends said "eh" or what? I'm not sure why you're so mad at this rather innocuous statement.

e: football chat Jim Caldwell smiled

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/713802750207860736

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

ZenVulgarity posted:

Anyone have dilfer and Peyton comparison on hand statistically

Manning: 13/23 141 yds, Long 25, 0 TDs, 1 Int, 5/37 Sacks, Rating 56.6
Dilfer: 12/25 153 yards, Long 44, 1 TD, 0 Int, 3/20 Sacks, Rating 80.9

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
People saying "oh man who cares I see hotter every day" is pretty goony as a whole, though.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Tom married Gisele for her inner beauty, perhaps we could all learn a lesson from him

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
inner beauty is code for vagina

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

AAA DOLFAN posted:

People saying "oh man who cares I see hotter every day" is pretty goony as a whole, though.

Not if you're married and say that to your wife ;)

I'm like not even trying to hate. I just don't see why so many seem infatuated with her. Beauty is subjective and all that jazz. Plus she lost a couple pretty points in my book when I found out she may have gotten mad at TB12 for giving their kids a chocolate bar.

Nov 6, 2002

Shath Hole posted:

inner beauty is code for vagina

I thought it was code for money?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Manning: 13/23 141 yds, Long 25, 0 TDs, 1 Int, 5/37 Sacks, Rating 56.6
Dilfer: 12/25 153 yards, Long 44, 1 TD, 0 Int, 3/20 Sacks, Rating 80.9

and the actual worst superbowl winning QB stat line: 9/21 123 yards, Long 10, 0 TDs, 2 INT, Rating 22.6

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

NC-17 posted:

I thought it was code for money?

Tom Terrific gets his own paper!

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Menamino posted:

and the actual worst superbowl winning QB stat line: 9/21 123 yards, Long 10, 0 TDs, 2 INT, Rating 22.6

B. Roeth?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Knyteguy posted:

Not if you're married and say that to your wife ;)

I'm like not even trying to hate. I just don't see why so many seem infatuated with her. Beauty is subjective and all that jazz. Plus she lost a couple pretty points in my book when I found out she may have gotten mad at TB12 for giving their kids a chocolate bar.

Fair, and I agree about it being subjective.

Anyone being condescending or "confused" by things that are by and large an opinion are total assholes. That's my hot take.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Blarfk posted:

B. Roeth?

It's 2011 Andy Dalton

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Knyteguy posted:

I don't think she's even close to "supermodel" in looks, and especially not "jaw dropping"? I think there's plenty of "normal" women much prettier than Gisele Bundchen, too.

Did you used to get mad when you really thought a woman was good looking but your friends said "eh" or what? I'm not sure why you're so mad at this rather innocuous statement.

e: football chat Jim Caldwell smiled

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/713802750207860736

Your post was literally "Gisele isn't that hot here compare her to Adriana Lima" lol

It was about as goony as can be, sorry

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The worst superbowl losing statline is even better.

0/6, 3 sacks, one lost fumble in a quarter and a half before he was pulled because he was literally going to die out there otherwise

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Blarfk posted:

B. Roeth?

yeah that was Ben in the Seahawks superbowl, the one where Antwaan Randel-El was the best quarterback on the field

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If you ask a Seahawks fan, the Steelers didn't win that Superbowl :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Intruder posted:

If you ask a Seahawks fan, the Steelers didn't win that Superbowl :v:

There were Seahawks fans in 2006?

• Locked thread