Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Beet Wagon posted:

Somebody make Eonwe a new elephant avatar please and thanks

They all got snapped up in a limited one-time offer sale last week so are all gone forever so he will have to wait until the semiannual sale to get another unless someone makes reproduction ones the the buymonthly sale or he picks one up on the greywhale market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

D1E posted:

Frontier Developments

EDIT: damnit trucutru

Frontier would certainly make CRobber go nuclear, but I'm not sure it would really piss off the community as much as some of the other options.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

sorla78 posted:

Activision, Electronic Arts, Microsoft, Disney... don't know which one would make backers more salty.

none of these guys would touch this piece of poo poo IP imo.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
if I had to bet, it's someone picking up a minority stake in CIG, something akin 3x-4x.x% of the company. Majority rests with Roberts & co, maybe some franchise rights are exchanged. I wouldn't be surprised if a completely new player, maybe a film studio or tech company enters the whalehunting business.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I hope when the dust settles Chris drinks heavily while livestreaming Wing Commander on Twitch with Ben as the only mod.

And Sandi ends up in a Troma movie.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

sorla78 posted:

Activision, Electronic Arts, Microsoft, Disney... don't know which one would make backers more salty.

Nintendo :allears:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

sorla78 posted:

Bank of America.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
What if they're spinning off squadron42 and selling it to a publisher while the company that ends up holding the pu goes tits up and files for bankruptcy?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Remember when threads had to be closed after 25 pages before making a new one? Me neither.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Activision should buy it. They can then scrap the entire engine and build it again from the ground up as World of Starcraft.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ill buy a new av once this one stops making me laugh

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

Tippis posted:

Frontier would certainly make CRobber go nuclear, but I'm not sure it would really piss off the community as much as some of the other options.

Shitizens would automatically start praising ED as revolutionary and groundbreaking and it's a good direction for the project

Whatever this poo poo bomb of an announcement is the backers will spin the narrative to make it a positive.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If anyone would pick this up it would be some nameless chinese or russian company interested in money laundering.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

sorla78 posted:

Sold to Microsoft, turned into an xbox and/or windows 10 exclusive

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

sorla78 posted:

if I had to bet, it's someone picking up a minority stake in CIG, something akin 3x-4x.x% of the company. Majority rests with Roberts & co, maybe some franchise rights are exchanged. I wouldn't be surprised if a completely new player, maybe a film studio or tech company enters the whalehunting business.

this sounds about right.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

ShredsYouSay posted:

CIG has been nationalised by the UK Government, as it is too big to fail.

Then it truly is beyond hope.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TTerrible posted:

Oh god have they accepted an offer from a publisher?

:f5: :f5: :f5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvGrRbSHAxg

It begins.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If anyone would pick this up it would be some nameless chinese or russian company interested in money laundering.

The new Aegis Potato, brought to you by gPotato! Give us credit card info now, friend. We play now.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Make it a F2P phone game.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

none of these guys would touch this piece of poo poo IP imo.

Zynga proudly presents: Star Citizen*

*Available for iOS and Android

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Well I mean, Oculus by any account did right by their backers.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

sorla78 posted:

…a previously largely unknown production company that, out of nowhere, is revealed to be owned and operated by Kevin Costner! Surprise-outflank Ascendant shitbirds!! :unsmigghh:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Selling the company to the chinese would sit really well with the creepy white nationalist fanbase portion of the fanbase. Because that's the funniest outcome, I think that's the one that will happen

Also, it makes Star Citizen parallel the ouya even more closely which I approve of

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.
Bought out by Wargaming.net, that'd make my day.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Whatever happened with Lowtax and his daughter playing the Baby PU on live stream?

Lowtax: once CIG goes bankrupt, please close the forums forever. It's better to end on a comedy high note.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
So Easter = 140 pages, anything actually interesting happen apart from re-incarnation?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

///CLOSED DEVELOPMENT//////CLOSED DEVELOPMENT///STAND BY FOR///CLOSED DEVELOPMENT//////CLOSED DEVELOPMENT///

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

VealCutlet posted:

So Easter = 140 pages, anything actually interesting happen apart from re-incarnation?

Nah

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Scruffpuff posted:

Activision should buy it. They can then scrap the entire engine and build it again from the ground up as World of Starcraft.

See, Kotick actually knows what sells and he buys the things that he knows are good investments. And it's not Parp Shitizen.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

True. I know it wasn't a White Star Line ship, but the Vasa sank like 4500 feet into her maiden voyage. I think she was considered "complete" too though.

I saw the Vasa like 6 weeks ago. loving amazing museum. A++++ would recommend.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Scruffpuff posted:

Universe of Starcraft would be a fun game.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

D1E posted:

Whatever happened with Lowtax and his daughter playing the Baby PU on live stream?

Lowtax: once CIG goes bankrupt, please close the forums forever. It's better to end on a comedy high note.

Someone ratted it out to child protective services. Now he cant even post in this thread.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lonkface posted:

Bought out by Wargaming.net, that'd make my day.

lol

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

sorla78 posted:

Amazon

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Make it a F2P phone game.

I thought they did that already. Are you telling me this isn't Arena Commander? :psyduck:

http://www.silvergames.com/space-flash-arena

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I'm still hopeful Star Citizen will be picked up by GamersFirst, it would go so well with APB

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
So, is there any point to keep up F5-ing Derek's feed, and reddit?
Bladestone farming was the norm for tonight.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daztek posted:

I'm still hopeful Star Citizen will be picked up by GamersFirst, it would go so well with APB

:yeah:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

EDIT: Nevermind - read your post history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

VealCutlet posted:

A boardgame tangentally related to Star Citizen was discovered to have plagiarized art assets. It barely got funded after an awkward livestream.

Now D-smart is saying something big is coming (no really this time for sure).

• Locked thread