Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I'm not sure if I get the gist of the Farron watchdogs covenant. Is the whole idea just to invade the people trying to join the watchdog covenant while cosplaying as Artorias? Seems... underdeveloped. Is the area just supposed to serve as a place with expected pvp activity?

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I lust for the dark weapon miracle and gnaw, a miracle that shoots out swarms of bugs that eat up on your foes.

Anyone find caitha's chime yet?

Gnaw is that spell the fat ladies in the undead settlement cast right?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

Gnaw is that spell the fat ladies in the undead settlement cast right?

Correct

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
gently caress--you don't wave with your gently caress-off huge weapon anymore, your character puts away the weapon to wave--a travesty

Orv
May 4, 2011

Lotish posted:

So I just watched a stream that had a particular boss. It was Lothric(?) after the two dragons, and the boss in question has a lightning axe and shield and some kind of veiny creature in the background bombards the stage as the fight goes on. My question is: Do you get that sweet outfit and weapon when you kill it, because that looked awesome and I will build for that weapon in a heartbeat.

That's Ornstein's possessed armor and you get most of the set from killing him and the rest of it from killing an optional boss Nameless King.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

MrLonghair posted:

Find him in the kitchen area leaving the sewers of Irithyll. He'll give you more Siegbrau and talk about a promise he made.
Fight Yhorm, and Siegward will charge in with a Storm Ruler of his own. Defeat the boss and he'll thank you for helping him keep his promise and give you another Siegbrau.
Warp out then back and find his armor, shield, and storm ruler at the entrance to the boss room. Read the Storm Ruler for extra feels.

Better storylines and character development in DS3 than most $60 western developed games but that isn't saying much :v:

Well drat, in that case, let me upload the English description of that one for those who are curious, along with part of the story.
http://imgur.com/a/dHE2O

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
I seem to be at an impasse. I proceeded up to the snow level, but don't have the key for crossing the bridge. It appears I've accidentally skipped an entire large section of bosses. Can someone point the way or tell me where to explore? I'm trying for a more or less "blind" playthrough.

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!

GodspeedSphere posted:

I seem to be at an impasse. I proceeded up to the snow level, but don't have the key for crossing the bridge. It appears I've accidentally skipped an entire large section of bosses. Can someone point the way or tell me where to explore? I'm trying for a more or less "blind" playthrough.

The key for the snow level is actually a doll item that you will be given after defeating the deacons of the deep in the Cathedral of the Deep. Did you defeat the Crystal Sage boss? This area can be accessed after defeating him.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
I have not. Point the way? I'm clearing the entire swamp at this moment.

Edit: That was glaringly obvious. Completely missed that NPC too.

GodspeedSphere fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 29, 2016

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!

GodspeedSphere posted:

I have not. Point the way? I'm clearing the entire swamp at this moment.

Starting from the road of sacrifices, hang left instead of heading into the poison swamp. (Remember the area with the giant crabs?) You will eventually see a structure with several mages; clear the structure and you will eventually find a path leading to the Crystal Sage. Also be on the lookout for an NPC on the second level of this area that becomes a shopkeeper.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The "HEY!" emote is so adorable for females, I love it. Waifu material right there.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/yourdeadgayson/status/714634973056118787

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Oh my god lol I can't wait

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just spent 20k souls on some sick looking armor; the hat is wide brimmed like a witches but it has a bird doctor mask under it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Orv posted:

That's Ornstein's possessed armor and you get most of the set from killing him and the rest of it from killing an optional boss Nameless King.

Oh boy oh boy!

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Oh, I have one of these -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTtjf8ArvTc

It's an enemy spoiler so don't look if you haven't been to the nice part of the swamp yet.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I hate those guys

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

turtlecrunch posted:

Oh, I have one of these -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTtjf8ArvTc

It's an enemy spoiler so don't look if you haven't been to the nice part of the swamp yet.

I don't know if I can ever stop wearing that armor and the hat that goes with it - it's amazing to look at how fat I am.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Purple phantoms have another interesting niche in that you can summon them in after you've defeated a boss in the area if you want to continue to co-op with a friend or whatever.

Edit: Nvm I just had some people try it out on a stream and it didn't work. The purple phantom would only show up by red soapstone and when summoned could not hurt or be hurt by enemies. Dreams dashed

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 29, 2016

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Space Harrier posted:

Have people figured out how the hollowing mechanic works in this game yet? It seems to just be cosmetic, but is there more to it than this? I was afflicted with the dark sigil and began to hollow, but cured it with the fire keeper's soul. This didn't reverse my hollowing, but I no longer become more hollow each time I die. Is there an item I can use to reverse hollowing?

Purging Stone

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

funnest thing to do as a purple is run through the level aggroing enemies and leading them to the host. it's a shame enemies don't react to you when you purple invade w/ the red eye stone

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

lets hang out posted:

funnest thing to do as a purple is run through the level aggroing enemies and leading them to the host. it's a shame enemies don't react to you when you purple invade w/ the red eye stone

Hopefully they fix this poo poo it's inexcusable

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
make izalith great again

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

So I just fought the boss of the catacombs and after baaaaaarely avoiding what I think was supposed to be an instant wipe (fog breath after being pushed all the way to the wall, avoided by chugging estus mid-death), I struck the final blow. The cutscene starts to play and as the screen fades black as part of the scene my Xbox hard crashes.

Everything was fine but I missed the end of the scene. I assume it was just going to fade back I with me back at the altar and I didn't miss anything important?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Yeah the dark fog just kinda sucks back up into the goblet and that's it.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Patch 1.02 just went out for PS4 JP.

quote:

We received your patronage the From Software than daily Thank you very much.

Regarding DARK SOULS Ⅲ (PlayStation4 / Xbox One ),
we have planned the delivery of a new update file to update the program.

[Date]

PlayStation4: News
Xbox One: 2016 March 30, (water) distribution schedule

[Platforms]

PlayStation4, Xbox One

[Item to be modified and adjusted by the latest update file]

- In the case of the off-line mode that does not connect to the online, modification of the phenomenon that significantly degrade performance

- Before you can download and install all of the data is complete, and do battle with the "large Cry of crystal lizard," you are in the tomb of the ash, some of the trouble occurs, such as a bonfire of ritual field of fire joint can not be used modification of the phenomenon

- After the pledge spirit and Aorei was game in the world of other players, modification of the phenomenon, which also go back to their own world will continue to be spiritual body state

After applying the latest update file, each version representation of the title upper left corner of the screen will be as follows.

Ver 1.02 App
Regulation Ver 1.01
There is no update of the regulation.

To everyone we apologize for the inconvenience, thank you kindly about your note.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There doesn't seem to be anything about magic/faith in there huh?

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

I love when japanese patch notes are translated and you see "phenomenon" everywhere

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Okay, I saw an explanation somewhere about the whole magic thing that is so loving dumb it must be true, because no one could make it up. Apparently the whole problem is that they mixed up the stats. Somehow. Meaning that upgrading FAI raises sorcery damage and raising INT upgrades miracle damage. Now this is just something I heard somewhere and I don't have the game to actually test it personally, but it's so stupid it must be true.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

quote:

Translated 1.02 fixes:
- Fixed performance issues which occurred when playing offline.
- Killing the big crystal lizard at the beginning before the game finished installing/downloading could lead to not being able to use the main bonfire.
- After being summoned as a spirit you sometimes stayed as a spirit after returning to your game.
Aw, that's it? Maybe the major balance patch is coming with the international release.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Has anyone found any instances of tails that can be cut to get an item?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

HGH posted:

Aw, that's it? Maybe the major balance patch is coming with the international release.

I think "version" is mechanical/system updates, while "regulation" is weapon stuff. I think they can hotfix regulations so it could be any time between now and then.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

Has anyone found any instances of tails that can be cut to get an item?

Zilch.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
Remember how in the Bloodborne launch there was a completely hidden equipment weight system, and how the pocket lantern was the heaviest item in the game and slowed stamina regen by 33%?

Expect more patches, and more ridiculous patch notes.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Anyone got videos of people loving around with Japanese description weapons/items they can't understand? Or just generally fumbling around like idiots? In a pleasant way, not like DSP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkhGpOrbqjc
CAN YOU USE ESTUS

Seems like after a couple hits this brand weapon inflicts a debuff that decreases healing from Estus.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Turns out Hollow weapons don't only scale with luck, but actually give you a nice bonus to it as well. Carrying around a Hollow weapon + crushing gold coins + wearing the Gold Serpent Ring(?) + wearing the mimic hat should make farming a breeze, assuming luck effects stack.

e: I beat Aldritch. What an amazing fight. I guess we can figure out which god he devoured, huh?. I also found Yeorm but I can't figure out how to damage him. Anyone got a hint?

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Mar 29, 2016

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Alabaster White posted:

I also found Yeorm but I can't figure out how to damage him. Anyone got a hint?
Look to see if there are any items in the boss arena you can pick up.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Filthy Monkey posted:

Look to see if there are any items in the boss arena you can pick up.

I picked up Not-Stormruler but it also does gently caress-all. Do I have to go power it up somewhere?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Try Weapon Arts
Try Charging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Alabaster White posted:

I picked up Not-Stormruler but it also does gently caress-all. Do I have to go power it up somewhere?

Yup (boss that's at least 6/18 bosses into the game spoiler) it's in the item description, Google Translate app's good enough: give it the L2 charge until it really roars then use an attack while holding L2

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 29, 2016

• Locked thread