Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I did it. I did the Cammy challenges. Really none of them were hard at all except for the 10th, and that mostly because I had a bad habit about instant divekicking (pushing the button before I'd finished the motion - at least it made me figure that out) and I didn't actually look at the combo and thought you had to cancel the spiral arrow rather than linking the super after it.

Could have been done half an hour earlier if I'd paid attention to the demonstration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Do they give fight money?

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Has anyone been able to find a ranked match since the servers came back?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Guy's story mode will be him and Necalli bonding over their mutual love of Hot Topic and Simple Plan.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

teh_Broseph posted:

Do they give fight money?

Yes. Also XP, and levels apparently also earn you money.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

EAB posted:

has anyone ever made their own controller?

I feel like making a ghetto hitbox wouldnt be too hard

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
It really isn't hard to make your own fightstick. I've seen people mod TE2s into hitboxes :o

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

For that guy who posted about fgc people playing multiple games, lordknight is streaming SFV now too

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I don't like Karin's costume but maybe that is because her default is already so good

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.
That runback option in ranked is amazing. Also can't wait for the Ken "just gently caress my poo poo up" Masters outfit.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Yeah those Nash challenges were super easy and the only one I got hung up on was the very last one, because I'd never linked c.hp to b.mk before :shrug:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

slev posted:

I don't like Karin's costume but maybe that is because her default is already so good

Karin's costumes are all basically the same thing; which is fine, but there's not much variety.

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!
https://twitter.com/mtlWOLF/status/714605611430846465

hahahaha

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Macho Mangief makes me almost want to main gief now.

...Almost.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

inthesto posted:

Yeah those Nash challenges were super easy and the only one I got hung up on was the very last one, because I'd never linked c.hp to b.mk before :shrug:

That's in his 7th trial too. And then you have to cancel bMK to LP SRK. Even if I hit the link I miss the cancel and get LP Boom instead. It's the only challenge I haven't immediately passed.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Alex footage

EDIT: Looks like I was right about his moveset not being listed in it's entirety in the reveal article, just like with Fang. :smuggo:

bhsman fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 29, 2016

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

fozzy fosbourne posted:

he kind of looks like Glenn Danzig here

I just wanna see what the other colors look like, now

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

bhsman posted:

Karin's costumes are all basically the same thing; which is fine, but there's not much variety.

Yeah the lack of variety is rear end.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

All of his animations look half-assed, and I bet we can expect that from every DLC character, at least those that dont have sf4 assets.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
If the Demonstrations are supposed to be a resource for people who aren't already intimately familiar with fighting games then they are a loving travesty.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

itskage posted:

Yeah the lack of variety is rear end.

I'd love to see her wear costumes that basically riff on Rose's dress/masquerade-based ones from SF4.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bhsman posted:

I'd love to see Rose

when's best girl

I wonder if Dantarion already ripped Alex's info.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
At least one of the vega challenges teaches you a very bad combo. Like really, why would I add more links to do less damage?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

bhsman posted:

Alex footage

EDIT: Looks like I was right about his moveset not being listed in it's entirety in the reveal article, just like with Fang. :smuggo:

That's just the ex version of the headbutt, isn't it?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I appreciate they got his voice right though

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Baal posted:

That's just the ex version of the headbutt, isn't it?

No idea; I suspect we'll see a lot more of Alex before Wednesday.

Baal posted:

I appreciate they got his voice right though

Same, and I think we can safely add "THA FINALEH!" to quotable Alex phrases.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Alex sounds like a huge nerd, which makes sense since he's a huge Ken.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
do we have footage of super saiyan alt necali yet

training stage is real?????

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Sweet jesus it's Aris, if he got ripped as hell

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder if they will ever make different visual effects for the install vtriggers. The glowing hands look kind of low rent, especially karin's. They should make her all sparkly or something

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

darealkooky posted:

training stage is real?????

If you look up the other Alex story scenes, the training stage/Grid seems to be a copy of the Xmen Danger Room but for Shadaloo and FANG to use.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Ahahaha, watching the demonstrations gives you fight money, and both fight money and xp for the character specific ones (which are rear end).

Also trials seem super easy compared to every other fighting game ever, but I don't know why I expected differently. I thought maybe there'd be something tricky at least for each character, but nah.

Salty runback option is awesome though, it's even in casual mode.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Suspicious Cook posted:

Hey, someone turn off that fan!

EDIT: Be sure to see Necalli in combat. :laffo:

Oh my god

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
The patch notes said they fixed some stuff with vega, bison, bride, and Chun v triggers but they don't go into detail as to what exactly.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
In Vega's case it's probably the infinite flyaway on anti-air trade in the corner.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Sure takes loving forever to load a single casual / ranked match.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

The worst part of Ken's alt is that, when I saw the thumbnail, I thought he was rocking a mullet. The reality is disappointing.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Zangief's costume is the Cream of the Crop

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
http://www.hitbox.tv/dantarion/chat

Dantarion streaming the Alex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal