Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Ken's head is a meringue pie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Booyah- posted:

You can basically just spin the joystick in the down forward area and eventually get super, I get it by accident all the time when trying to do a DP from down-back.

Zand posted:

just mash dp motion and hp

Haha thanks, I actually got it second try just wigglin'. From the other side tho, so yea, I need to work on inputs.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This trial mode is like really mediocre. There's some combos worth remembering here and there, but a lot of them are worthless filler even if they are easier to do.

Also why did loading screens loving shoot up for me

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

How do they have 10 Ryu trials and literally none of them feature the mp mp link.

Bring back Dimps.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Bisons trials usually came to a "wow this would do more damage if... I guess they're saving that one, oh that was 10.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Klades posted:

How do they have 10 Ryu trials and literally none of them feature the mp mp link.

Bring back Dimps.

This is dimps

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Corbeau posted:

The trials are legitimately useful for new players, at least the ones I've gone through. SF4 ones were just ridiculous, but these are doable and each seems designed to show a mechanic or cancel or link that's possible.
SF5's challenge mode gives you combos that are less useful than the stuff that's been out there since like the second beta. What an enormous waste of time and energy

I'll still do them if they give me free poo poo I guess

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
you can do them literally in an hour

quick fight monies

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

General Morden posted:

you can do them literally in an hour

quick fight monies

I had to do it in three because my loading times are taking forever

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ken looks like the kid from Fast & Furious 3

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Ken looks like he's from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alex v. trigger actually looks p good

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Am I the only one in the world that got booted off and can't back in? Thanks Capcom.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Baal posted:

This is dimps

This is less dimps than before.
Remember when that sounded like a good thing?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
NO direct input yet for PC. FML

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can't escape

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Microwaves Mom posted:

NO direct input yet for PC. FML

its lame but just use x360ce until they patch it in ten thousand years

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Did 9 trials for Chun Li, can't seem to crack the tenth one. What's sad is that it seems more straight forward than the other ones :(

cams
Mar 28, 2003

in casual matches you can rematch to play up to a ft2. loving it.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Dio Brando Ken

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

hiddenriverninja posted:

Did 9 trials for Chun Li, can't seem to crack the tenth one. What's sad is that it seems more straight forward than the other ones :(

That one is the easier one imho, it just takes longer if you don't play ChunLi and have to learn the timing I guess. Karin 5 is the one I actually had to stop at and put away for another time (don't play Karin either, so.)

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Im blistering tired and still blasted through all the challenges like nothing. SF4 challenges they are not, but still a good thing to have in.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

Did Birdie ever get a white guy color?

IMO he looks white in most of them

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

Sorry this is from a few pages back...

EAB posted:

has anyone ever made their own controller?

I feel like making a ghetto hitbox wouldnt be too hard

I made my own, and it's ridiculously easy if you buy a solder-less board and use pre crimped cables. This is my part list
  • Brook - Universal Fighting Board
  • 1 x Sanwa OBSF-30 Snap In Arcade Button
  • 1 x Insulated Daisy Chain Harness With 32 Crimp Connections
  • 14 x Sanwa OBSF-24 Snap In Arcade Button
  • 2 x 10 x 1 Metre Long Insulated 2.8mm Crimped Wires

The hardest part was making the case, but this is what I did for peanuts.

Before

After

Album

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Sure takes loving forever to load a single casual / ranked match.

Blame the PS4 and its 5000rpm HDD.

What other unreal 4 games are there? Unreal 3 was notorious for slow loading when it first came out.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Mar 29, 2016

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Mega Comrade posted:

Blame the PS4 and its 5000rpm HDD.

It's for sure on capcoms side, they can't handle even the most optimistic server load

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Booyah- posted:

It's for sure on capcoms side, they can't handle even the most optimistic server load

Okay yeah I stand corrected, now I've bothered to look up recordings of offline loading on PS4 I agree. Ps4 is slower but not to the extent that playing online is. It's got to be the server.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Mar 29, 2016

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Finally had some time to play post-update. Just finished Chun's and Cammy's challenges. I'm an execution scrub and those were pretty easy haha. I did learn some new combos though :shobon: By comparison, it took me like 8 months to finish Cammy's trials/challenges in SF4, a majority of that time spent on the very last one. That's how bad I am.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

the current "challenge" mode is fine for beginners so they should just rename it "kind of bread and butter combos" or something, and then create a new "hard challenge mode" with one-frame microwalks. im currently available for dev on skullgirls 2, PAY ME

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
They should have a menu option that says challenge mode but then it low key just queues you up for online

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i don't know how any of you can play in 8 minimum frames of lag namaste

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Something's off.

[edit] I also just saw all the new alternate costumes. Gief's amalgamation of Macho Man and Hulk Hogan, with the face paint, into one outfit is loving amazing.

teagone fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Mar 29, 2016

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Like, I always used to play fight games on my PC, so using a keyboard seems totally acceptable to me and I guess a fightbox is basically just that but taken to the neatest extreme. But something that I never did was play Gief on a keyboard. How do you do SPDs on this thing? Seems like it would be kinda unintuiative? Or is it the case that because you only have to hit 7 it ends up just being like, a piano motion plus thumb?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
you hit all the directional buttons and then you hit a punch button. learning how to do motions in games where you actually have to hit some diagonals is probably the real poo poo.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

!Klams posted:

Or is it the case that because you only have to hit 7 it ends up just being like, a piano motion plus thumb?

Yes.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Oh hey, I play vega, here's a combo that starts with jumping HK. What's the best way to end this combo? With some linked lights and a move that doesn't knock down or corner carry????

gg capcom.

gg.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

While this patch is a little lackluster in polish the rematch system is wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Mega Comrade posted:

While this patch is a little lackluster in polish the rematch system is wonderful.
I will never rematch anyone ever unless I know I'll body their poo poo free and steal more of their points hope that helps

Goodpart fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 29, 2016