Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Deadline articles about box office and audience reception can be scarily detailed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Heavy Metal posted:

Well I guess war crimes are cool now, because that game was cool.

My condolences for your terrible tastes in media.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Mordiceius posted:

My condolences for your terrible tastes in media.

Oooh spicy, very spicy.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So you enjoyed the what, 4 or 5 reused dungeon layouts? The watered down combat? The poo poo story?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
So is Batman v Superman like a mid-season episode of a good Saturday Morning cartoon or like a mid-season episode of a great Saturday Morning cartoon

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

So you enjoyed the what, 4 or 5 reused dungeon layouts? The watered down combat? The poo poo story?

"poo poo story" is basically one of the fundamental elements of 99.9% of video games though.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Vintersorg posted:

Who gives a rat's rear end (which is probably a consumable item in your favorite RPG)

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I think we can all agree that videogames are bad, and you are all bad.

SHOT-OFF (what was it called? gently caress)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Now look, I can never not make Sam Raimi the shot winner of everything....but that is a terrible screenshot for Winter Soldier. At least find an HD version.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Now look, I can never not make Sam Raimi the shot winner of everything....but that is a terrible screenshot for Winter Soldier. At least find an HD version.
I thought that was the HD version.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Boo hiss

*sticks DC logo in jar of grannies peach tea*

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Yes, the return of movie fight.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Cap is downright amazed by Bucky's sweet knife tricks.

And yeah, definition isn't going make that a good shot.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's not like Sam Raimi wouldn't win any movie fight here anyway. I'm just sayin be fair.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Boo hiss

*sticks DC logo in jar of grannies peach tea*

I'm sorry, but everytime someone mentions grannies peach tea now I start giggling. So absurd, in the best way.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I got no problem with that part of the scene. Is good.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The MSJ posted:

Deadline articles about box office and audience reception can be scarily detailed.

He also made an identical post in TWO other threads.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

Based on this and your many other posts in the thread, you should probably just be very careful about the media you consume, because you seem to take it to heart in very strange ways. Getting genuinely upset (I'm kind of inferring there) because the villain of a film threatened to do something terrible is showing an astonishing capacity for empathy. If movies where Superman saves everyone (albeit at cost) leave you feeling hopeless, you may want to think very hard about going to see movies.

"Hm, someone threatening to burn Superman's mom alive made you feel bad? You should probably stop watching movies, I'm worried about you." - the voice of genuine concern

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
people on this web site are crazy

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I saw BvS with someone who argued that there's no Christ imagery in the film and that I'm making it up and it's just left me really confused. I loved Jesse Eisenberg.

I loved this too.

I don't know about BvS, but MoS had this as a part of its marketing campaign:

Man of Steel Ministry Resource Site posted:

Welcome to the Pastor Resource Site for the upcoming film, "Man of Steel". Here you'll find everything you need to educate and uplift your congregation: Including Free Videos, Sermon Outlines and Images. There are two ways to get started – Make a Selection on the Nav Bar or just Scroll below.

When I find the time I will try to find whether BvS got something similar going on.

Man of Steel, a movie that helps you to educate and uplift your congregation.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Well this is out of nowhere.

https://twitter.com/CiaraMcAvoy1/status/711200774127284224

Who even has the rights to Captain Britain?

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Does Captain Britain support #Brexit?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The MSJ posted:

Well this is out of nowhere.

https://twitter.com/CiaraMcAvoy1/status/711200774127284224

Who even has the rights to Captain Britain?

Pretty sure that was already debunked.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

It was, it's just some delusional idiot who thinks Marvel would consider an unsolicited pitch for a Captain Britain TV show like they don't have every single project for the next 20 years meticulously explored and scheduled.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Vintersorg posted:

I loving love that even when the movie does well people will take ANY pot shots at it to deem it a bad movie. Eat poo poo.

Critics are probably still mad because they have less authority and power they used to have after the rise of Internet and social media. Take a look on Twitter and search for the hashtag #FucktheCritics and its people denouncing critics opinions regarding this movie. The success of this movie proves that no matter how much critics pan the movie it can still be financially successful if it has a big enough brand and hype following it.

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy

Oh, Zack Snyder, you tried to rid the world of jokes... but you ended up giving it its best one!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Boob Marley posted:

Oh, Zack Snyder, you tried to rid the world of jokes... but you ended up giving it its best one!

So what did you think of the movie? Like you've seen the movie now right?

That's part of why you were probated

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Spawn is a good movie.

You have to live the rest of your life knowing that I believe this and that I post on these forums.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Freakazoid_ posted:

Spawn is a good movie.

You have to live the rest of your life knowing that I believe this and that I post on these forums.

It's a decent movie that got torn apart because they didn't want to make it R rated.

It had a great set up for a good 90s movie at the end too, if that chick got revived either as a Hellspawn herself or as a cyborg and fought Spawn.

We're also never going to get a better Violator. Ever.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Boob Marley posted:

Hat Thoughts posted:

people on this web site are crazy

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Also we'll never get a better album. It had a collaboration between Slayer and Atari Teenage Riot for crying out loud.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 29, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/ercboxoffice/status/714819275123351552

This has to be good news.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Mierenneuker posted:

Also we'll never get a better album. It had a collaboration between Slayer and Atari Teenage Riot for crying out loud.

You're not wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuzQLpJWt4A
:rock:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Depends on your definition.

I, too, had the Spawn soundtrack.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

For WB? Yes.

For humanity? Newp.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The people on this website are insane.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Burkion posted:

It's a decent movie that got torn apart because they didn't want to make it R rated.

That made me appreciate Blade a little bit more.

side_burned fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 29, 2016

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

side_burned posted:

That made me appreciate Blade a little bit more.

Blade benefited SO MUCH from not trying to be mainstream and marketable. It was and is, but you know what I mean.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I loved the movie even though I recognize a lot of the flaws. But I don't want WB to change any of their plans because I think the movie lever the franchise in a good place going forward and I wanna see where it's headed under its current direction. So I'm really glad it's doing well. Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman are looking awesome, and a movie about Batman and Winner Woman gathering other heroes to prepare for a threat sound awesome, especially one starting Ben Affleck as he was at the end of this film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm hoping the Nick Fury after-credits recruitment scenes are just Batman in full costume asking heroes to join his club.

• Locked thread