Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I find it annoying to play but if you never played the original you probably won't notice. The crappier loading times are more significant but it's a PSP game what do you expect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Romhack all of the FF3 jobs into FF1 and Fiesta that.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Davincie posted:

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness producer Shuichi Kobayashi has a proposal for Valkyrie Profile 3 saved on his personal computer, he said during a Dengeki Online live stream this morning.

During the program, the topic of Valkyrie Profile 3 came up while discussing Star Ocean 5‘s Valykrie Profile 2 background music content. However, Kobayashi shared the harsh reality that “if it doesn’t sell, we won’t make a sequel.” On the other hand, he expressed his personal feelings that “it is unfortunate to say that it would be severe commercially.” He continued, “If world becomes an place where everyone plays all sorts of games, I may be able to find the next game’s means of escape.”

Dengeki staff then asked for the “third V” and “sixth S,” referring to a third Valkyrie Profile and sixth Star Ocean, to which Kobayashi responded, “To be frank, there is a proposal on my computer. Let me show it already!” Dengeki staff was obviously surprised by this response, remarking, “Is it really alright to say that here?!”

so buy the so5 music dlc if you want a new valkyrie profile i guess

Meanwhile, apparently Japanese Star Ocean fans are in the middle of a revolt now, apparently?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
There are no versions of FF3 worth playing that aren't named FF5. Seriously there's nothing 3 did that 5 didn't just improve on. The story, the characters, the combat, the jobs, it's all just straight up better.

There's no reason to play any version of FF3 because even if you wanted an 70 hour DS RPG with frustrating bosses and awful dungeon gimmicks Strange Journey exists and at least has that nice SMT shine to it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Meanwhile, apparently Japanese Star Ocean fans are in the middle of a revolt now, apparently?

Over what, underwear?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

why. i havent heard a thing

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

They certainly are revolting.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

:laffo:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

They're right

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

They're right

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
im glad theyre prostrating themselves before us white mastesrs

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The gently caress did I just read?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
huh

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
It's from a neogaf post. Star Ocean 5 is changing a female character's design to hide their panties. Said change is going in to both the Japanese and English versions. I guess that image is from some Japanese forum posts or something, or just a joke I presume.

http://nichegamer.com/2016/03/28/square-enix-gave-star-ocean-5s-miki-bigger-panties-in-fear-of-western-criticism/ (warning anime panties)

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Cherrypicking dumb internet comments is an artform that works in every language, uniting us all.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oh, it's "censorship" poo poo again. You could've just said that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rascyc posted:

It's from a neogaf post. Star Ocean 5 is changing a female character's design to hide their panties. Said change is going in to both the Japanese and English versions. I guess that image is from some Japanese forum posts or something, or just a joke I presume.

http://nichegamer.com/2016/03/28/square-enix-gave-star-ocean-5s-miki-bigger-panties-in-fear-of-western-criticism/ (warning anime panties)

quote:

Seriously gently caress whoever said "We are not gonna take your games away."

5 pixels of fabric = taking game away

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I, for one, want to be on the side of the xenophobic people screaming about children's underwear not being sexy enough so I can understand why this is a thing.

Also honestly that's like the tamest change in the history of changes.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

There are no versions of FF3 worth playing that aren't named FF5. Seriously there's nothing 3 did that 5 didn't just improve on. The story, the characters, the combat, the jobs, it's all just straight up better.

There's no reason to play any version of FF3 because even if you wanted an 70 hour DS RPG with frustrating bosses and awful dungeon gimmicks Strange Journey exists and at least has that nice SMT shine to it.

Well I definitely did not play FF3 or 5 for the great story and characters. I dunno, I liked what I saw of my favorite Jobs - Red Mage and Monk - more in FF3 than I did in FF5.

Also I really liked some of FF3's music. Like, maybe it's just the fact it's fresh in my memory, but I prefer FF3's boss music to FF5's.
And yes, I heard Clash on the Big Bridge and X-Death's Theme. They were great. I'm just speaking generally. Also it was weird to learn "Big Bridge" is just a general theme for the area and not Gilgamesh's exclusive boss theme.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 29, 2016

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
In today's insane posts about censorship though

quote:

As one of the comments states- We play tons of games where you outright chop living people to pieces and burn their flesh and smash their teeth with wrenches, but oh my god a visible butt??? Unacceptable! Nobody cares about whether or not "the creative director has that choice". The argument is about how it's a stupid distinction to make. The creative director shouldn't be making choices that he changes like this to begin with if that's the case.

With every instance of censorship like this- AND YES, IT IS CENSORSHIP- it reinforces the idea that we need changes like this. Did you see the poo poo with that Blizzard game? ONE PERSON on their forums called a pose sexualized and gratuitous and Blizzard said "Oh, okay, we'll change it" even though a male in the same game has the exact same pose and nobody even thinks the pose is sexual at all.

With every accommodation made for foolish people like that, developers lean further and further towards "Well, poo poo, maybe we should be careful. We wouldn't want one pissy fat housewife to get upset that one of our characters could turn on their ex-husband who left them when they stopped being attractive."

Disclaimer: I'm gay. I don't give a gently caress what kid of panties the girls wear. It's still stupid.

Ahhaha, I had no idea SA was doing a change on phrases, that's great

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Tae posted:

Oh, it's "censorship" poo poo again. You could've just said that.

First #buttgate and now this! Been a real banner week for people bitching about "censorship".

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pleased to see that nerds on either side of the ocean can unite, despite speaking different languages, under a single banner.

A banner of a cartoon girl's underwear.

This, my friends, this is what the future looks like. World peace. God Bless Anime, and God Bless Barack Obama.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rascyc posted:

In today's insane posts about censorship though
word filter is amazing

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the artistic integrity of star ocean 5 has been compromised. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKLQNSpnvkE&t=61s

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

integrity and faithlessness, with regards to girl's underwear

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have to say that censoring .5 inches of panties when the witch girl is standing right there is like plugging a leak on the Titanic.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

as long as they stay off the witch idc

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I have to say that censoring .5 inches of panties when the witch girl is standing right there is like plugging a leak on the Titanic.
to be fair, witch girl is like 20 and the childhood friend girl is like 15, right? so i can understand why they'd get a call about one but not the other.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

to be fair, witch girl is like 20 and the childhood friend girl is like 15, right? so i can understand why they'd get a call about one but not the other.

That is actually a fair point.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What is the word filter for anyway?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Tae posted:

ich bin ein homosexual, but in english obviously

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

It is declaring your homosexuality in that very specific catchphrasy way that was so popular on GBS. The same reason Social Justice Warrior is now Robocop and cuckoldry is now something I can't remember.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

'I am gay,' only with i'm instead of i am

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Endorph posted:

According to what I read, the girl with the censored undies is Miki and she's 18.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

According to what I read, the girl with the censored undies is Miki and she's 18.
oh, hm, that is kind of dumb then.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

My problem with the change of underwear is that it looks like she's wearing a diaper now. Why not just lock the camera so you can't look up in the first place or just have a black void or something?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
We should all be cheering on Star Ocean 5 though because apparently the producer has Valkyrie Profile 3 ready to go

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/star-ocean-5-producer-valkyrie-profile-3-proposal-pc

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

H e l l thread im...gay c u c k | c u c k s| c u c k e d Tom.Brady s.jw Donald put in front of Drump f. Donald Drumpf <---Quote and take a look!

I think that's all of the ones I know of.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

H e l l thread im...gay c u c k | c u c k s| c u c k e d Tom.Brady s.jw Donald put in front of Drump f. Donald Drumpf <---Quote and take a look!

I think that's all of the ones I know of.

hellthread im gay cuck cucks cucked tom brady sjw donald drump f. donald drumpf donald trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

cuckservative