Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
and The King of Fighters 2002: Ultimate Match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Saint Freak posted:

It's time to get back into Ehrgeiz : God Bless The Ring

If someone actually got Fightcade running Ehrgeiz I would never leave fightcade

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOVzln7x7Dw&t=5643s

Play Melty Blood.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

This is wrong, he's Koichi.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Baal posted:

If someone actually got Fightcade running Ehrgeiz I would never leave fightcade

Also bushido blade

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
So here's a fan-made Alex trailer someone created, which is notable if only because Alex's EX headbutt is in the game, and one of his elbows has armor on the EX version (at a minimum, anyways).

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!
For that Karin player in here earlier asking about mix-ups, someone found some nice set-ups off the guren version of her flip move.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbdbWtQSHws

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

I actually did get into melty blood this week

I dunno why everyone made fun of this game all these years, it's pretty cool. Did it used to suck really bad? Was it just because blazblue didn't exist yet to show people what actually bad anime games are like?

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Extremely newbish question regarding executions.

I'm trying to do the cr. mk, fireball combination for the trial, and what came out was a crouching m.kick, a crouching punch and then a fireball. The input log only shows one press of m.kick and one press of m.punch.

So my question is, how or why does it do punch then fireball when according to the input log I only pressed punch once? :confused:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Randler posted:

Extremely newbish question regarding executions.

I'm trying to do the cr. mk, fireball combination for the trial, and what came out was a crouching m.kick, a crouching punch and then a fireball. The input log only shows one press of m.kick and one press of m.punch.

So my question is, how or why does it do punch then fireball when according to the input log I only pressed punch once? :confused:

It's a system called negative edge where button releases also count as button presses for the purposes of special/super moves.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

darealkooky posted:

I actually did get into melty blood this week

I dunno why everyone made fun of this game all these years, it's pretty cool. Did it used to suck really bad? Was it just because blazblue didn't exist yet to show people what actually bad anime games are like?

When I tried to learn Melty Blood in 2007, combos went on for a loving eternity

After watching the linked video for about 30 seconds, yeah this is a completely different game from what I knew

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

darealkooky posted:

I dunno why everyone made fun of this game all these years, it's pretty cool.

2a

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

inthesto posted:

When I tried to learn Melty Blood in 2007, combos went on for a loving eternity

After watching the linked video for about 30 seconds, yeah this is a completely different game from what I knew

i really hope you were playing react

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obr90dosOPY

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

don't listen to zand he doesn't know what he's talking about

the real reason is 2aaaaaaaa

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Koko dess

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i don't even know like, what console, melty blood is one i know nothing about it does it have good netcode?

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

AnonSpore posted:

It's a system called negative edge where button releases also count as button presses for the purposes of special/super moves.

For a really dumbed down version you can try out, do a fireball motion and HOLD punch, after the fireball disappears do another fireball motion and let go of punch, and you'll throw another fireball.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

bhsman posted:

So here's a fan-made Alex trailer someone created, which is notable if only because Alex's EX headbutt is in the game, and one of his elbows has armor on the EX version (at a minimum, anyways).

This dude did a video on all his moves if you want to see everything he has.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

God drat this owns

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

i don't even know like, what console, melty blood is one i know nothing about it does it have good netcode?

It has a caster which is pretty good, but you need to connect directly to the other guy's IP. Original netcode is kinda bad. It's a PC game, previous version was PS2, available thru god knows where if you wanna import it - let's just say it's usually acquired via alternative means. Arcsys is apparently doing a Steam version of it this Spring tho.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Yep, this is exactly the version of Melty Blood that I attempted to play and this is exactly the kind of poo poo I'm thinking of when I take a dump on the game any time it pops up in FG discussion

Nice to see the game isn't an impenetrable turd anymore

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

ChibiSoma posted:

Someone accessed his trials now too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWLPkGugFV8

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ChibiSoma posted:

These look like some poke-rear end pokes. Also haha they gave Alex a Focus Attack.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vv4X3fp8G0
Also this owns pretty hard. I love this guy's laugh.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I can't wait to play as Guile on April 30th

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Firstborn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vv4X3fp8G0
Also this owns pretty hard. I love this guy's laugh.

Anyone know what the original of this clip is about? I'm curious.

Edit: Nm, googling laughing spanish guy got me the original.

croutonZA fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 29, 2016

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Alex seems pretty cool, I never played him in 3s but he seems like a combination of Gief and ST Bison and those are both things that I like so I hope he ends up being fun. Also he might not be terrible like gief, whom I love but you just have to work so drat hard to beat patient people.

Dracula Factory fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 29, 2016

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Dracula Factory posted:

Alex seems pretty cool, I never played him in 3s

He's kind of like Makoto except he has really bad normals and bad combos and gets owned by almost everyone

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
hes a sexy rear end slab o beef and he fixes cars and plays full contact football and is not afraid of showering after gym class

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Just beat Cammy's trial #10 but I'm having some real trouble with the timing off the super. Am I supposed to enter the command really quickly just before she lands after the spiral arrow?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Renoistic posted:

Just beat Cammy's trial #10 but I'm having some real trouble with the timing off the super. Am I supposed to enter the command really quickly just before she lands after the spiral arrow?

I didn't feel any particular time pressure. Felt like the easiest part, tbh. I think that I started buffering the motion as soon as I saw that I'd crossed under.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Do the command the other way, you end up on the other side of the opponent

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Corbeau posted:

I didn't feel any particular time pressure. Felt like the easiest part, tbh. I think that I started buffering the motion as soon as I saw that I'd crossed under.

Slowly or quickly? I do the commands the other way, after passing under, but I had the best luck with it the longer I waited (except the super would whiff if I waited too long). But if I perform the motion and press the button before she lands nothing happens. I really wish the game would show the input during the presentation, like Tekken does it.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Renoistic posted:

Slowly or quickly? I do the commands the other way, after passing under, but I had the best luck with it the longer I waited (except the super would whiff if I waited too long). But if I perform the motion and press the button before she lands nothing happens. I really wish the game would show the input during the presentation, like Tekken does it.

Agreed.

I didn't do the input particularly fast, but it's hard to tell what someone else would consider a "fast" or "slow" input.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Apparently the latest update killed the super super amazing Rashid reset that Lamerboi dropped at NCR this past weekend...

https://twitter.com/zDamascus/status/714917779460251650

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

bhsman posted:

Alex complete trials

Oh hey his Japanese voice is OK :3: All of his moves are still in, too (or 99% of them)

"YUU CANTU ESSUKEIPU!!"