Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Selfless posted a strategy breakdown for their Zeus eco round: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jmi_BG0QZY

It's pretty interesting, especially if you're a scrub like me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

get in the clown car

#sewagetreatment #nacs

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Smithereens posted:

get in the clown car

#sewagetreatment #nacs

*nods sagely*

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Think I might have netted 200pts on fantasy pickem today

Trax416
Dec 1, 2006
might be a dumb queastion but, is it better to have a higher DPI on my mouse and lower ingame sensitivity, or a higher in-game sensitivity and lower dpi

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Technically high DPI but the difference is so small that you won't notice

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Trax416 posted:

might be a dumb queastion but, is it better to have a higher DPI on my mouse and lower ingame sensitivity, or a higher in-game sensitivity and lower dpi

Low/Low

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

My aim improved when I went to 1.5/800 and it got even better when I dropped my resolution from 1680x1050 to 1280x800. So Low/low/low imo

I'm still bad but now I'm less bad

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Trax416 posted:

It has a less restrictive answer than people say but for non special snowflakes 400 dpi/ less than 2ish in game works because you in general have your crosshair in the general area you expect someone to be and you usually aren't aggressively wrong about that. So you move your wrist a little bit to fine tune your crosshair placement when your enemy appears. If you whip your arm around a bunch you are already hosed. If you value higher dpi more you might be a very flick between targets player or more likely just be reading the game very poorly. Its not necessarily true, you might be flicking well between targets but if you aren't lower is better because your thinking might be better than your reaction speed.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 30, 2016

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Oh wow. Train. Again. How interesting.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Not in my fantasy pickem, don't care

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The plow has awoken.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
France go home

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
This is an absolute mauling.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Geez this is shaping to be the worst stomping the entire tournament.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

virtus pro saving strats for major

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
The Virtus.:killdozer:

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
ok g2 is bad maybe a nv g2 swap will happen again

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7f1M5fSjEA

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The smoking gun is real, liked and subscribed.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

lol

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I wonder what the majors would look like with the normal map veto system. For example, there's no way in hell Navi would be playing C9 on train in a regular bo1 map veto scenario.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smol posted:

I wonder what the majors would look like with the normal map veto system. For example, there's no way in hell Navi would be playing C9 on train in a regular bo1 map veto scenario.

c9 could have def won overpass, sucks that rng is such a big factor at majors for no good reason

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Wow, 100% proved

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I didn't see the game but why the gently caress did G2 let VP play on Train?

As far as I can see of VP's last 10 matches on Train, 4 of them were against G2 and they won all of them - the time before this being 16-2.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

rng

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Hold on, why is it that VP got 3 vetoes and G2 got 2?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

qhat posted:

Hold on, why is it that VP got 3 vetoes and G2 got 2?

The better team (the legend in this case) got to decide whether they want 3 bans or 2 bans and pick which side to start on. The opposing team got the other option.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Efb

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

hold on, how is it that G2 did not ban loving train against Virtus.Pro?

Not that it matters, you don't go 1-14 on CT Train if you have any chance against the opposing team. This would have been a slaughter on loving Dust

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Katana Gomai posted:

The better team (the legend in this case) got to decide whether they want 3 bans or 2 bans and pick which side to start on. The opposing team got the other option.

Am I the only one who sees that as ridiculously unfair?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

qhat posted:

Am I the only one who sees that as ridiculously unfair?

I don't think it's unfair with a group stage format.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Photex posted:

I don't think it's unfair with a group stage format.

What does that change? Is there a reason it shouldn't be 2 bans each or even 3 bans each, and just flipping a coin on which side to start? For some reason there is RNG in the most important part of the matchup, but none in the least important.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

qhat posted:

What does that change? Is there a reason it shouldn't be 2 bans each or even 3 bans each, and just flipping a coin on which side to start? For some reason there is RNG in the most important part of the matchup, but none in the least important.

again this is only for the group stage format, there should at least be SOME slight advantage for a higher seeded team.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

8/8 on the pick 'em and 199 points in fantasy. Yesterday wasn't too bad.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I was 7/8 and 152 points. Not a bad start. Too bad I won't see another match until Friday :qq:

Dr. McReallysweet
Sep 12, 2006

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I was 7/8 and 152 points. Not a bad start. Too bad I won't see another match until Friday :qq:

Apparently nv is a bad team. Had half my team suck balls. Got 102 points which nets me in the top %91. Goodbye golden wet floor sign. At least I have my Doritos from last year

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

5/8 (seriously, gently caress nv for being bad and VP for suddenly being good) and 153 points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
I unironically love these puff pieces on pro CS players. It's pretty fun for a newb like me who doesn't know most of these teams from a hole in the ground. That little vignette before the VP match made me root for VP and I was happy to see them killdozer.

Markeloff is kind of adorable