Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

can riot please code the game so that blitzcrank and bard get a minor buff to blade of the ruined king so that my gimmick builds are slightly stronger and i do not feel guilty about them please and thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
^^^ Bard 6th or 5th or any item BotRK is great and I have a 100% win rate on it. Over 3 games. On a smurf in silver...

It turns out Hextech crafting pretty much means I can always just unlock new champs that way, and spend my IP on dumb runes and name changes..

I just bought a full set of scaling armor quints and critical damage runes with my newfound wealth.

falconry
Oct 9, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

or just don't because you shouldn't be dueling go take an objective goddammit

Fair enough, thanks bud. I'll try to remember this the next time I try spamming some normals with him. Lucian is more than serviceable enough for ranked for the time being.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Hextech is great for new players and almost entirely useless to anyone who already plays a ton of games because you've probably got most of what you wanted anyway and the skins are all based on RNG

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

RealFoxy posted:

Hextech is great for new players and almost entirely useless to anyone who already plays a ton of games because you've probably got most of what you wanted anyway and the skins are all based on RNG

It's a cool catchup mechanic and I wish more games had them.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
That you can get shards for poo poo you already own is real stupid

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

henkman posted:

How else are you going to get essence?

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

henkman posted:

Only a major problem for champions since if you own all of them then blue essence is literally useless.

For skins its just poo poo you disenchant for essence.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
From boxes or shards of whatever I don't want

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

henkman posted:

From boxes or shards of whatever I don't want

I'm pretty sure "something you already have" falls under "shards of whatever [you] don't want"

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Taitale posted:

Only a major problem for champions since if you own all of them then blue essence is literally useless.

I'm in this boat

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

I'm pretty sure "something you already have" falls under "shards of whatever [you] don't want"

Yeah, I'm glad it makes that choice for me

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's literally the same thing as just dumping 325 essence into your pocket.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Why

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Are you trolling me or something? Is this a practical joke?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

henkman posted:

Only from chests. If you reroll you'll always get something you don't own.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

Are you trolling me or something? Is this a practical joke?

Why?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I mean it would be better if you couldn't get stuff you already own, especially if it swapped over champion shards to skin ones if you own all the champs. For whatever reason I've gotten a majority champion shards, which I can't do anything until a champ releases, at which point I'll presumably have another pile of them to get rid of. Still free stuff though.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Lady Naga posted:

It's literally the same thing as just dumping 325 essence into your pocket.

Some spoilsports might casually suggest that it's an issue that a game that has barely any currency sinks (it's pretty much only name changes) has added another way to acquire literally unusable resources.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's still silly how much champions cost, that runes cost at all, and that there's still only 10 free champions any given week despite there being almost 150.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah and only six bans come on riot

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Why dont you all go play a game of Dominion about it if you're so unhappy

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Ok, I managed to get another jungle game recorded through OP.GG.

http://na.op.gg/match/observer/id=2141624173

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Taitale posted:

Technically they're not useless either. If you own all champions, just save any champion shards you get, and combine three of them whenever a new champion comes out. You'll get the new champion guaranteed.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Technically they're not useless either. If you own all champions, just save any champion shards you get, and combine three of them whenever a new champion comes out. You'll get the new champion guaranteed.
But there's not much else to spend IP on if you've got all champions other than really gimmicky rune pages and name changes.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

this didn't work for me because when Sol was released I rerolled 3 champ shards and got Ahri, and I owned every champion except for Sol. it might have been a client bug but I've got over 50k ip already so buying the champions with ip still means the shards / essence is useless.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

SlyFrog posted:

Ok, I managed to get another jungle game recorded through OP.GG.

http://na.op.gg/match/observer/id=2141624173
This game is quickly a stomp and you had nothing to do with it. Here are some tips.

Kite the creeps--krugs, buffs, wolves--both to take less damage and position yourself closer to the next camp and have higher health in case you need to duel or invade or gank or whatnot. Don't attack the little creeps in between the big ones because the extra damage from your red buff does ends up being overkill and it slows your clear. When your top dies and you're right there you don't freeze for her. When you're still farming up to buy devourer, getting that gold is all that matters, you should tax hold the lane. If you did, their top would have to play forward and you could gank them later, if you ever ganked more than once. Instead your top has to play forward and dies more.

After the double kill on the support and mid, you try to help bot push its wave instead of mid. The enemy adc is still alive, so pushing that does nothing. Their mid died though so pushing that would be uncontested. The best choice would probably be to take dragon and crab right then and gotten 7 stacks, or just farmed your stacks if dragon were taken. Instead you end up starting dragon after everyone's respawned, it wastes a lot of time you could have spent stacking.

Your team fights and does a lot of dumb roams happen and you end up having to hold top again. In general, you want to yell at your top--Quinn the best wave catcher in the game, who has no cs--to pick it up then go back to whatever stupid roams she's doing, because she can both cs and be relevant easier than you. On the way to pick up the wave, you take blue, instead of going straight there or taking any other camp. The small camps respawn faster and take less time to kill, so killing them is better for stacking and you might have caught more cs with the time. Also, Lux could have used that blue a minute later, when she backs for being out of mana.

Their top pushes a wave to tower and you turn around from chickens to go there to catch it, then try to push tower, but they return after you get only 5 hits on their tower. If a wave hits the tower and the laner isn't hitting the tower, they backed. Pushing that lane will do nothing unless their tower is really low. You can instead farm bot and be closer to the ARAMing mid, and be able to get the dragon, which probably would get you sated right then.

Stop creeping after you get sated. Run around killing people or split pushing and dueling--make use of your power spike. You kill a few people with your team, then eventually solo split top and get all the towers but by then your team already won the game 4v5.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
If anyone wants to do some 1v1 tonight or tomorrow i would be really happy, I'd like to make gold this year!!

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

slydingdoor posted:

This game is quickly a stomp and you had nothing to do with it. Here are some tips.

Kite the creeps--krugs, buffs, wolves--both to take less damage and position yourself closer to the next camp and have higher health in case you need to duel or invade or gank or whatnot. Don't attack the little creeps in between the big ones because the extra damage from your red buff does ends up being overkill and it slows your clear.

I will have some questions on the rest of this, but this immediately stood out to me. I actually did this differently in this game, because of recent comments from another game review here yesterday, where the reviewer criticized the jungler for not killing the little creeps early. He said the little creeps do all the damage, and you should attack and kill them. Previously, I had been simply beating down the big creep first, but had specifically started doing damage to and killing the little creeps earlier because of that comment.

Which is right?

(Also, thanks for taking a look at it. I am already trying to internalize some of the things you reference that I know I do wrong, in particularly spending too much time post-sated still taking camps and such, as opposed to running around creating havoc and pushing lanes and poo poo.)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How the hell do you fix the "you left a game, please reconnect" when all I did is left before I see the match score?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

SlyFrog posted:

I will have some questions on the rest of this, but this immediately stood out to me. I actually did this differently in this game, because of recent comments from another game review here yesterday, where the reviewer criticized the jungler for not killing the little creeps early. He said the little creeps do all the damage, and you should attack and kill them. Previously, I had been simply beating down the big creep first, but had specifically started doing damage to and killing the little creeps earlier because of that comment.

Which is right?

Kill the little creeps early, they do the most damage (except at wolf camp, where I believe it's actually better to kill the big wolf first).

I didn't watch the replay, but you should focus on one or the other, not both. So don't attack both the big creep and the little ones - focus the little ones first (or big wolf at wolf camp).

This really only matters in the early game, though. Later on, when you're not taking a significant amount of damage from the jungle, just do whatever you can to clear camps as quickly as possible.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 30, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hextech giving you champion shards if you own all the champions is dumb. Rerolling even just gets you another frigging champion you can't use unless a new champion is out. It'd be better if there was just one kind of essence because then at least those worthless-rear end shards would be good for something.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

SlyFrog posted:

Which is right?

(Also, thanks for taking a look at it. I am already trying to internalize some of the things you reference that I know I do wrong, in particularly spending too much time post-sated still taking camps and such, as opposed to running around creating havoc and pushing lanes and poo poo.)
I think you try to hit the small creeps each once to spread the red buff instead of focusing each at a couple camps. I was fast forwarding more after I saw you weren't kiting them. As for always killing the smalls for all camps rather than chickens--which I forgot to mention that the smalls can be kited a bit--I like to always kill the big ones first so I don't spaghetti and waste a krug buff stun on a small creep, and more importantly in case I get invaded. I'd rather have a better chance of last hitting the big one or having a 50/50 smite than not. I try to invade a lot and it's mattered. As long as you always have potions running and kite the melee creeps the HP saved isn't as important.

Unless you're khazix obviously, then you always always kill the smalls first because it's always faster and you are a squishy baby bug that gets wrecked otherwise.

e; Whoever told you this probably plays Nunu or something. Nunu also doesn't care about being invaded or 50/50 smite fights except at his first buff, where he can actually die or not have consume up because he has to use it on cooldown.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 30, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Hextech Crafting is very explicitly supposed to be a catchup mechanic for new players with the added bonus of giving veterans ~free skinz~ so while I suppose they certainly could've come up with more ideas for rewards for endgame peeps it was very much likely not their main focus with the system.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
make chromas for every skin in the game and let me use essence to buy chromas only if I own all champions.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I just wish you could gift hextech crafted champs.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

Kill the little creeps early, they do the most damage (except at wolf camp, where I believe it's actually better to kill the big wolf first).

I didn't watch the replay, but you should focus on one or the other, not both. So don't attack both the big creep and the little ones - focus the little ones first (or big wolf at wolf camp).

This really only matters in the early game, though. Later on, when you're not taking a significant amount of damage from the jungle, just do whatever you can to clear camps as quickly as possible.

I would add that this depends on your champ. If you're irelia, for example, always kill the smalls first since you don't want then getting free damage on you.

If you're hecarim however, don't even touch the smalls. They'll die to 3 qs/w anyway and you're wasting auto attacks in the interim

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

Hextech Crafting is very explicitly supposed to be a catchup mechanic for new players with the added bonus of giving veterans ~free skinz~ so while I suppose they certainly could've come up with more ideas for rewards for endgame peeps it was very much likely not their main focus with the system.

Why?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

There are better ways that the biggest MOBA in the world could have done this than introducing more useless currency and creating another real money sink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

RealFoxy posted:

There are better ways that the biggest MOBA in the world could have done this than introducing more useless currency and creating another real money sink

It's only useless if you have all the champions (so, someone who isn't trying to catchup) and I somehow doubt Riot got League to be the biggest MOBA in the world by not implementing ways for people to spend money.

• Locked thread