Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
panda clue
May 23, 2014

climboutonalimb posted:

Couldn't he just make someone else the GM?

:ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Ultima66 posted:

HM: Vaal Spark: Was a very popular build, was completely dumped on by GGG "in nearly every possible way," is now total trash.

Vaal spark is still good for murdering bosses, but it's probably about the same as vaal storm call now, unless you're in a tiny room or also have vaal glacial hammer. It's still probably pretty bad without Winds of Change or the other stuff you'd already have in a regular spark build.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Storm Call (regular flavor) is obscenely powerful in a crit inquisitor setup and has great clearing speed + boss murdering speed. Cheap as gently caress, too, since you can do life, hybrid, LL or CI with it and basically choose your own adventure with how expensive it is.

Actually I guess take that back, crit inquisitor in general is amazing. I realized I have literally zero element specific damage nodes so you can run with whatever.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

panda clue posted:

the best part of this league was him logging in on the third day, bitching about having to rename the stash tabs every league, and then literally emailing support on the spot to ask them to develop a feature for the tabs to auto-name themselves every reset. you know, so he wouldn't ever have to log in.

and then he logged back off.

Don't forget him getting triggered when someone said girl-parts are gross.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Apple Craft posted:

Don't forget him getting triggered when someone said girl-parts are gross.

I know we're all gay in the goon guild, but I'm trying to imagine how this would come up in gchat and coming up blank.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Count Uvula posted:

I know we're all gay in the goon guild, but I'm trying to imagine how this would come up in gchat and coming up blank.

Something about the scion and how bad her lines are. Or the templar and his lack of pants. Idk

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i was thinking probably some comment about the tits on piety's wenches but who knows could be anything

Hauki
May 11, 2010

panda clue posted:

the fact that you still cant make it so officers can remove people is honestly kinda gross

my favourite is that officers can't rescind or cancel invites they've sent, so god forbid someone mistype their char name or give an account name that happens to be someone else's character name

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

-I was thinking of doing a semi-coop playthrough with a couple friends, any particular tips?
-I want to rename some of my characters, any good way to do this?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
1) Assuming your friends are new to the game, voice comms so you can yell at them to hurry up. Oh, and decide ahead of time who is siding with what Bandit.
2) Delete and start over, unfortunately.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 30, 2016

panda clue
May 23, 2014

whypick1 posted:

2) Delete and start over, unfortunately.

??? if you email support they will change the name for you in less than 15 minutes.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Huh, could've sworn that wasn't a thing. NEVERMIND ME THEN.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Also I've been leveling a trapper and the guide suggested running Fire Nova Mine/Minefield to boost the AOE of your traps with the ascendancy class, am I missing something or is manually laying mines every 16 seconds as annoying as it sounds?

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
If you're running a RT Cyclone Scion, you definitely should go for Champion as one of your ascendancies, because 10% chance to fortify on melee hit lets you get away with dropping the Fortify gem for something else with enough attack speed. Well, that's my input.

BannedNewbie
Apr 22, 2003

HOW ARE YOU? -> YOSHI?
FINE, THANK YOU. -> YOSHI.

StashAugustine posted:

Also I've been leveling a trapper and the guide suggested running Fire Nova Mine/Minefield to boost the AOE of your traps with the ascendancy class, am I missing something or is manually laying mines every 16 seconds as annoying as it sounds?

It's just as bad as it sounds. I only do it before a boss fight or opening a chest. 99% of the time you should have enough AoE that it doesn't really matter.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012
Would any one like to take a look at my character 'BloodyMez' and see if there is any glaring optimizations I may have missed? I hit 91 last and realized I am running out of skill points and still want many things. Mainly life.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mezlat/characters

I started the character with no real plan other then I wanted to play with Gladiator and Gratuitous Violence. Currently it has become an attempt at max aoe cyclone vacuum.

Notable problems:

Single Target Damage: My main cyclone tooltip w/ auras is 5,371. This is because of using the prismatic eclipse for weapon range offers poo poo base damage. To keep with the vacuum gimmick I don't have very good damage links - I mainly use Cyclone - Fortify - Blood Magic - Life Gain on Hit - Knock Back - Increase AoE. This works fine on clearing trash and most rares(thanks to Gratuitous Violence explosions)

I've set up a weapon swap with better damage links in a Kaom's Primacy: Cyclone - Melee Phys - Bloodlust - Life Gain on Hit - Blood Magic. tooltip: 12,340.
This is better but clunky. Since my main cyclone is in my chest, when I weapon swap the Cyclone skills don't replace each other and I'll end up using the weaker cyclone still since its on my right mouse.

Low max life total: The skill tree planner shows me at 161% max life%, currently in gear at 4,949. I am unwilling to currently change my gloves and neck which offer no flat life. My current helm offers no life, and I'm not really sure if its even ideal in the build, up for recommendations.

Otherwise, I've gone super greedy on AoE, and Bleed. I'm going to test dropping nodes from the Dirty Techniques wheel in hope of freeing up 9 points. I would also like to drop the Blood Letting wheel if I can apply bleeds well enough with Gratuitous Violence alone. Any thing I do free up here would be moved towards the scion life wheel.

Finally, I've currently got 4 free skill points to spend. I think my options are picking up 2 jewel sockets (located: scion towards witch, and witch area) or pick up 2 strength nodes and drop into the scion wheel for Constitution.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
I turned in 3 divination cards and got the worst Ventor's I've ever seen:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Nezkar posted:

Would any one like to take a look at my character 'BloodyMez' and see if there is any glaring optimizations I may have missed? I hit 91 last and realized I am running out of skill points and still want many things. Mainly life.

I started the character with no real plan other then I wanted to play with Gladiator and Gratuitous Violence. Currently it has become an attempt at max aoe cyclone vacuum.

Notable problems:

Single Target Damage: My main cyclone tooltip w/ auras is 5,371. This is because of using the prismatic eclipse for weapon range offers poo poo base damage. To keep with the vacuum gimmick I don't have very good damage links - I mainly use Cyclone - Fortify - Blood Magic - Life Gain on Hit - Knock Back - Increase AoE. This works fine on clearing trash and most rares(thanks to Gratuitous Violence explosions)

I've set up a weapon swap with better damage links in a Kaom's Primacy: Cyclone - Melee Phys - Bloodlust - Life Gain on Hit - Blood Magic. tooltip: 12,340.
This is better but clunky. Since my main cyclone is in my chest, when I weapon swap the Cyclone skills don't replace each other and I'll end up using the weaker cyclone still since its on my right mouse.

Low max life total: The skill tree planner shows me at 161% max life%, currently in gear at 4,949. I am unwilling to currently change my gloves and neck which offer no flat life. My current helm offers no life, and I'm not really sure if its even ideal in the build, up for recommendations.

Otherwise, I've gone super greedy on AoE, and Bleed. I'm going to test dropping nodes from the Dirty Techniques wheel in hope of freeing up 9 points. I would also like to drop the Blood Letting wheel if I can apply bleeds well enough with Gratuitous Violence alone. Any thing I do free up here would be moved towards the scion life wheel.

Finally, I've currently got 4 free skill points to spend. I think my options are picking up 2 jewel sockets (located: scion towards witch, and witch area) or pick up 2 strength nodes and drop into the scion wheel for Constitution.

you hit 91 with a sub 6k cyclone :psyduck:

don't ever dual wield cyclone, don't cyclone with a 1c trash unique

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Nezkar posted:

Sell your gear and make a new character

Congrats, you did it! You leveled a beginner build to 91, you can finally rest easy and sell your old gear for a good build, just play voltaxic LA/BR and call it a day

e: respec to this guys champion build
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tarom/characters

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Nezkar posted:

Notable problems:

Dual-wield Cyclone is fine but it is not ideal to use two Prismatic Eclipses (or even one). If you're going to dual-wield you should probably use rapiers and probably crit. Since that would be a massive change to your tree I'd instead recommend switching skills to cleave (if you really want to dual-wield), leaving the witch area and using those points to pick up damage and life in the Templar/Maruader area. You should see a massive increase in clear speed from having a large increase in damage over your massive AoE. Cyclone isn't linked to a single damage gem and your ideal 6-link should have almost entirely damage links. I don't understand the desire to use Empire's Grasp knockback, what is it offering you over a pair of gloves with life/attack speed/flat phys? Devoto's Devotion is a fantastic Cyclone helmet and probably your only actual DPS increase. Basically you've got a Dual-Wield Cyclone build and no nodes or gear or gems to scale any of that damage.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
2 prismatic eclipses with all white sockets is an awesome gimmick Cyclone build :colbert:

And Cyclone tool tip dps is misleading like most tool tip dps in this game. But yes 6k does seem low.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Valle posted:

I turned in 3 divination cards and got the worst Ventor's I've ever seen:

:smith:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Mortimer posted:

Congrats, you did it! You leveled a beginner build to 91, you can finally rest easy and sell your old gear for a good build, just play voltaxic LA/BR and call it a day

you should post less, or perhaps not at all

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

The Real Foogla posted:

you hit 91 with a sub 6k cyclone :psyduck:

don't ever dual wield cyclone, don't cyclone with a 1c trash unique

Mortimer posted:

bakka bakka posted:

Dual-wield Cyclone is fine but it is not ideal to use two Prismatic Eclipses (or even one). If you're going to dual-wield you should probably use rapiers and probably crit. Since that would be a massive change to your tree I'd instead recommend switching skills to cleave (if you really want to dual-wield), leaving the witch area and using those points to pick up damage and life in the Templar/Maruader area. You should see a massive increase in clear speed from having a large increase in damage over your massive AoE. Cyclone isn't linked to a single damage gem and your ideal 6-link should have almost entirely damage links. I don't understand the desire to use Empire's Grasp knockback, what is it offering you over a pair of gloves with life/attack speed/flat phys? Devoto's Devotion is a fantastic Cyclone helmet and probably your only actual DPS increase. Basically you've got a Dual-Wield Cyclone build and no nodes or gear or gems to scale any of that damage.

Dumb, all you guys. He wasn't asking how to make a better character. He was asking how to optimize what he has with the goals that he has set.

Holyshoot posted:

2 prismatic eclipses with all white sockets is an awesome gimmick Cyclone build :colbert:

And Cyclone tool tip dps is misleading like most tool tip dps in this game. But yes 6k does seem low.
Not dumb.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

There is a valid DW white socket Prismatic Eclipse build that a few people have done before. It is not a viable physical build because Prismatic Eclipse is an ungodly awful phys weapon.

If you want to make the build do reasonable damage, remove all your physical damage nodes for elemental/elemental damage with weapons nodes, use some combination of Wrath/Anger/Herald of Thunder/Herald of Ice as auras, and find room for a WED gem and get WED jewelry/belt. I don't feel confident that it's possible to make Gratuitous Violence's bleed do particularly good damage while keeping the Prismatic Eclipses, but it can still be useful for the vacuum + explode. On the other hand, Champion probably fits the build better since it frees up a gem link and gives you a large amount of movement speed.

Here is a rough estimate of where I'd go with your build, still keeping Gladiator. It has 240% or so increased damage, which is a bit low, and only 2 jewel sockets. The life is also quite a bit higher than necessary, at over 240%. Initial thoughts after looking at an analysis say that it's probably worth dropping some life for Celestial Punishment and Celestial Judgement, picking up the jewel socket next to those, and trying to get 3 +30% damage jewels, which would probably put you at a pretty comfortable amount of damage. Links would be Cyclone/WED/Fortify/Blood Magic/Increased AoE/Knockback. You should not need LGoH with those leech nodes, and if you Blood Magic all your skills, you honestly can just use both Anger and Wrath for maximizing flat elemental damage. If you were to play the same build as Champion, you would drop Fortify for Added Lightning Damage, which would give you more damage and movespeed, but causes you to lose out on the bleeding enemies exploding.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Holyshoot posted:

How so? I have a 5l Hezmana Cyclone setup that shows up as 35k, and a 4l Marohi with Earthquake that barely trips 10k. I'm sorta using EQ for clearing trash & cyclone for single-target, but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
don't use tooltip dps for anything other than comparing yourself to someone doing literally the exact same build. that is about how useful it is.

my fastest clearing build this league has 5k tooltip dps, and I could clear something like gorge in 3 minutes flat.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

funmanguy posted:

Dumb, all you guys. He wasn't asking how to make a better character. He was asking how to optimize what he has with the goals that he has set.

Not dumb.

Here is the build in action for any one curious - Its not really as bad as I made it sound in the post asking for advice.

Yes my pc is garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwInsy6hzss

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Any goons on SC perandus got Elreon 8? I want to multimod my sweet T2 crit mult dagger :getin:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Firos posted:

Any goons on SC perandus got Elreon 8? I want to multimod my sweet T2 crit mult dagger :getin:

Just PM JessicaBBB she gets level 8 every master every league before everyone and doesn't scam/ask for money (she appreciates tips tho)

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Firos posted:

level 8 masters are a myth

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Kild posted:

Just PM JessicaBBB she gets level 8 every master every league before everyone and doesn't scam/ask for money (she appreciates tips tho)

Thanks. Getting it done as we speak.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

funmanguy posted:

Not dumb.

This basically. I don't think half of you even realized what he was trying to do. Most of the clear speed comes from making everything bleed and dragging it along until one thing dies, and then explosions from the ascendancy start chaining through. Having watched him play it in game, it actually works fairly well for what it is.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Kild posted:

can confirm - this person is trustworthy and has assisted me two leagues running now.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

What stats should I be looking for on jewels or weapons to save/sell?

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

Jewels: max life on anything sells well, then it depends on the build. For example, SWT builds would go for increased aoe, crit chance (if crit), increased cast speed.

In general though, max life is always wanted, attack/cast speed (both the generic and versions that require a particular weapon type), increased damage, crit chance etc. Minion damage and resists are popular too if you're doing something like an SRS build. Increased trap or mine damage would also be popular i'd say this league with how popular ice trap is.

For example, with EQ being so big currently, a jewel with max life, increased mace physical damage, increased aoe damage, increased melee damage would sell for exalts.

If a mod is more specific, it'll have higher possible values - phys damage with maces can roll 14%-16% while increased damage can only roll 8%-10%.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Caster weapons (wands, daggers): Bunches of spell damage combined with cast speed, crit and/or damage added to spells.
Staves: +2 gems in a 5-link, or +3 gems.
Attack weapons are complicated. In general, very few rare weapons sell for much, since uniques with high damage rolls and additional bonuses are so plentiful. Phys weapons need a massive +% phys roll combined with flat phys. Ele weapons need top tier ele damage rolls and attack speed. 2-handers also need sockets/links.

There may be some odd exceptions to the above which will be super valuable to certain builds.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Somehow I got this in like 4 chaos:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

you should post less, or perhaps not at all

hmm, I will take that into consideration and not make jokes anymore

unrelated to that: I'll pay someone to run me through PSC merc labyrinth. Name your price, I got to the last izaro twice and got owned and I'm real mad about that big waste of time I'll never do again. I'll sit in the lobby area for bosses, but I can clear trash like crazy.

ign: hasphatantabolis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Any EK gurus can recommend out of these two builds which would be more viable for a returning (poor) player? I liked my old EK build but it seems to have been made redundant with all the changes.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1317901
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1610530

If there's something better kicking around that isn't EK for a witch, I'm happy to try something new. The AE style nuking appeals to me.

• Locked thread