Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

My Lovely Horse posted:

I cannot believe McFarlane is trying to get another one made in the year 2016. Actually I can't believe Spawn is still being published. I'm rereading it and it's so terrible.

The only thing unbelievable about a new Spawn movie is that it hasn't already started filming, and not just because of Deadpool's success. The 90s are now, and there is nary a thing more 90s than Spawn.

I do however find it completely unbelievable that Spawn is still going, and I refuse to accept any evidence that it does because it's just too terrible to imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Spawn has been going on so long Angela decided to cross dimensions and become a Marvel character.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The MSJ posted:

Spawn has been going on so long Angela decided to cross dimensions and become a Marvel character.

The most entertaining part about the Spawn comics will always be the legal battle between McFarlane and Neil Gaiman and the wacky outcome. :v:

(Short short version if anyone isn't familiar with the story: McFarlane reprinted issues he'd co-created with Gaiman but didn't pay Gaiman any royalties. Gaiman sued and part of the out-of-court settlement was that Gaiman gained full control of Angela, a character he'd created for those issues. Gaiman then went and sold the character to Marvel for $1 as a final 'gently caress you' to McFarlane.)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
And didn't Grifter somehow end up with DC? Was that a similar arrangement?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The most entertaining part about the Spawn comics will always be the legal battle between McFarlane and Neil Gaiman and the wacky outcome. :v:

(Short short version if anyone isn't familiar with the story: McFarlane reprinted issues he'd co-created with Gaiman but didn't pay Gaiman any royalties. Gaiman sued and part of the out-of-court settlement was that Gaiman gained full control of Angela, a character he'd created for those issues. Gaiman then went and sold the character to Marvel for $1 as a final 'gently caress you' to McFarlane.)

:psyduck: Jesus, Neil.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Phylodox posted:

I thought that was DC assimilating Wildstorm.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
Probably old news, but if you like avoiding spoilers then I suggest staying out of the Lego aisle in stores like Target/Walmart. They put out a Civil War set that has a pretty big spoiler plastered right on the front.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

HIJK posted:

:iceburn: Jesus, Neil.

Fixed. Like, holy poo poo, don't gently caress with Neil Gaiman.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You forgot the best bit: supposedly the whole reason Image was formed was to protect "Creator's rights". As long as said creator doesn't create a popular character that can be exploited, that is.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Tony's funeral now in Lego form.

Just kidding - Hulk dies.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

HIJK posted:

:psyduck: Jesus, Neil.

The best part is they actually have used her really well to date.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I always halfway wondered who the gently caress Grifter was whenever he showed up.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Polegrinder posted:

Probably old news, but if you like avoiding spoilers then I suggest staying out of the Lego aisle in stores like Target/Walmart. They put out a Civil War set that has a pretty big spoiler plastered right on the front.

Can you spoiler tag it?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Jose Oquendo posted:

Can you spoiler tag it?
Ant man big

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lego isn't exactly reliable.

Img-mandarin-attack-hover boat-dock-fight-set.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
This is major news so I should probably spoiler tag it, but Hulk drives a huge goofy Hulk car with a huge goofy Hulk fist attached to the front

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

SPOILERS

[spoiler]

[/spoilz]

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Not my Lego.

Like, seriously, used to be that you had to build your own poo poo with Lego blocks and nowadays it's basically ready-made Lego action figures. Get off my lawn, millenial Lego!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Grendels Dad posted:

Not my Lego.

Like, seriously, used to be that you had to build your own poo poo with Lego blocks and nowadays it's basically ready-made Lego action figures. Get off my lawn, millenial Lego!

There's a very good documentary with Chris Pratt that came out recently about this topic.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

You still have to assemble the vehicle. And as The Lego Movie suggests you can frankenstein anything out of any combination of sets.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

I hear that in Justice League Part 2, Lois goes undercover as a black woman.

(please, Mr. Snyder?)

The sequel no one thought we would be cursed to have.

Soul Man 2: Soul Sistah

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Lego always had the prebuilt stuff like with cities, castles, pirates, spaceships, etc.

Then they almost went bankrupt.

And once they started doing licensed stuff they are now one of the biggest companies out there. Just got the Slave-1 ship that is like 2000 pieces and is huge - it's fun as hell to build and super relaxing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Watch out for this Iron Man 3 spoiler, guys:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Have Lego announced Independence Day sets?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

Todd did not create Grifter. Jim Lee left Image and sold his entire little "universe" to DC who have very poorly integrated it into their own line.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

The best part is they actually have used her really well to date.
Although it's not exactly hard to use a character better than McFarlane does.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Not my Lego.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Classic-Large-Creative-Brick/dp/B00NHQF6MG

Insert Wayne's World <we fear change> gif here.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
HBOs animated Spawn series loving owns and it deserves a proper ending :colbert:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

TheBizzness posted:

HBOs animated Spawn series loving owns and it deserves a proper ending :colbert:

I agree with this. That series is legit. It's one of the few physical DVDs that I own.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

teagone posted:

I agree with this. That series is legit. It's one of the few physical DVDs that I own.

what's the storage space on those metaphysical dvds

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Freakazoid_ posted:

Spawn is a good movie.

You have to live the rest of your life knowing that I believe this and that I post on these forums.

The CGI is a huge black mark, but other than that it's a really fun movie that gets way too bad of a rap. And, as mentioned, the soundtrack is :krad:.

(Seriously, the practical effects for Spawn himself are actually fantastic. They really should have just stuck to practical all through instead of doing that horrible CGI.)

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Suicide Squad is gonna be good.

I can feel it

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Yaws posted:

Suicide Squad is gonna be good.

I can feel it

It will be better received if the tone is at all like the trailers.

Either that or critics will mark it low because it "doesn't match the tone of BvS" (which they marked low because they didn't like the tone)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

oddium posted:

what's the storage space on those metaphysical dvds

4.7GBČ?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LORD OF BUTT posted:

The CGI is a huge black mark, but other than that it's a really fun movie that gets way too bad of a rap. And, as mentioned, the soundtrack is :krad:.

(Seriously, the practical effects for Spawn himself are actually fantastic. They really should have just stuck to practical all through instead of doing that horrible CGI.)

Movies around that time had some really loving great practical effects, for whatever reason. It was right after Jurassic Park, so the amount of advancement in technology was still huge (before people stopped caring and CGI looked better), and a lot of bigger budget movies used at least some CGI, and the CGI at that time was really pretty garbage. Mortal Kombat is the same way; that Goro animatronic is super dope.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Yoshifan823 posted:

Movies around that time had some really loving great practical effects, for whatever reason. It was right after Jurassic Park, so the amount of advancement in technology was still huge (before people stopped caring and CGI looked better), and a lot of bigger budget movies used at least some CGI, and the CGI at that time was really pretty garbage. Mortal Kombat is the same way; that Goro animatronic is super dope.

That's funny because when I saw it in theaters I thought Goro looked really bad.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

computer parts posted:

It will be better received if the tone is at all like the trailers.

Either that or critics will mark it low because it "doesn't match the tone of BvS" (which they marked low because they didn't like the tone)

I'll need at least 20 articles about how GRIMDARK it is before I feel safe to see it opening day. At least 4 of them need to comment on how this is Not My Waller.

It's a given that all articles will talk about how much Joker sucks because it isn't Ledger Joker.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'd be surprised if there was any complaining about Viola Davis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'd be surprised if there was any complaining about Viola Davis.

SHE'S NOT FAT ENOUGH
:goonsay:

• Locked thread