Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Dalael posted:

So why did you go gently caress goons anyways? From what I read of your PL application, you're mad because "Something something Mittani has a website"
Care to go in more details?

I spoke with a few old corpmate who are in CO2 and it doesn't seem like this was an out of the blue thing from leadership. CO2 had been expected to leave the CFC for months now. Whether or not the line members knew about the backstab tho is anyone's guess :shrug:

maybe he likes bat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

maybe he likes bat

That would be more plausible and understandable than saying "Goons became weird"
Seriously.. Goons were always weird.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
Maybe he likes weed and shooting mans and feels like doing that in PL for a bit? poo poo isn't always complicated

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Maybe he likes weed and shooting mans and feels like doing that in PL for a bit? poo poo isn't always complicated

Nah, there's some ulterior motive just like everyone else who left.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Unfunny Poster posted:

mentally unstabvle

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

DUST 514 is being shut down on May 30th, and CCP confirmed they're still working on a PC version

Looking forward to playing that kickass World of Darkness MMO they've been working on too!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

feedmegin posted:

Looking forward to playing that kickass World of Darkness MMO they've been working on too!

Probably not gonna happen

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jun/05/world-of-darkness-the-inside-story-mmo-ccp-white-wolf

followed by

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/29/paradox-white-wolf/

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

The goon wiki's login page hasn't worked for the last few days. Is that a known problem?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Funso Banjo posted:

The goon wiki's login page hasn't worked for the last few days. Is that a known problem?

You need to log on through the forum first for some reason.
https://www.goonfleet.com

Ater you log on there, the wiki should work.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

:thejoke: dude

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Dalael posted:

You need to log on through the forum first for some reason.
https://www.goonfleet.com

Ater you log on there, the wiki should work.

I am logged in at the forums, still no working wiki though. Probably because I am vacationed.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Dalael posted:

So why did you go gently caress goons anyways? From what I read of your PL application, you're mad because "Something something Mittani has a website"
Care to go in more details?

I spoke with a few old corpmate who are in CO2 and it doesn't seem like this was an out of the blue thing from leadership. CO2 had been expected to leave the CFC for months now. Whether or not the line members knew about the backstab tho is anyone's guess :shrug:

Leaving drama free to join another space guild isn't gently caress goons , I remember when you had to actually do something to be gently caress goons but now it's aperently wanting to play a video game with who you want :psyduck:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Funso Banjo posted:

I am logged in at the forums, still no working wiki though. Probably because I am vacationed.

Yeah you need to have proper active auth credentials.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

I'm bad at internet humour. :suicide:

Zasze posted:

Leaving drama free to join another space guild isn't gently caress goons , I remember when you had to actually do something to be gently caress goons but now it's aperently wanting to play a video game with who you want :psyduck:

My bad, I misspoke.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

mentally unstabvle

lmao

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I knew I couldn't out do the great goonfucker Clay whatever his loving last name is.

So I bowed out quietly with a love you all to the right folks.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Zasze posted:

tbh wanting to shoot goons in deklein really shouldn't be a crime.

Like, awoxing a super is loving goons, running off with random corporate hangars? loving goons.

Shooting someone running an afk ishtar is really a service though.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Foehammer007 posted:

I knew I couldn't out do the great goonfucker Clay whatever his loving last name is.

So I bowed out quietly with a love you all to the right folks.

you couldn't outdo shooting an afk vni and then losing your entire fleet?

anyway yeah, do what you want. eve is best played with friends and the horrendous amount of political bullshit that gets in the way of that is a problem. shame you're on the other side of this war, i'd have enjoyed rolling with you.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

you couldn't outdo shooting an afk vni and then losing your entire fleet?

anyway yeah, do what you want. eve is best played with friends and the horrendous amount of political bullshit that gets in the way of that is a problem. shame you're on the other side of this war, i'd have enjoyed rolling with you.

I will shoot co2 with you :3:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

eonwe, what is your opinion of SA poster Foehammer007's decision to join bobfrommarketing in Pandemic Legion? or is playing with him only hosed up in archeage

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Unfunny Poster posted:

Don't you get it, it isn't us, the problem is that huge group of other people that used to be with us and are all complaining about roughly the same things.

I'm sure they are all delusional and now - after losing 2 regions without a fight which triggered an ally to jump ship- is not the time to re-evaluate things.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
PL's BfM isn't the same as pedo ex goon BfM, right? I seem to recall hearing there are two of them, at some point.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Goatman Sacks posted:

PL's BfM isn't the same as pedo ex goon BfM, right? I seem to recall hearing there are two of them, at some point.

they're both in pl, the bad one and the other one

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

There is two of them and they are both valued members of pandemic legion, however, discussing the bad bfm and his past sins is no bueno as per mods since it just gets run into the ground.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://zkillboard.com/kill/52915536/

:eyepop:

Zasze posted:

Yeah this is the mindset I don't get but whatever, it's a bunch of nerds slapfighting with internet pixels.

crew posted:

There is two of them and they are both valued members of pandemic legion, however, discussing the bad bfm and his past sins is no bueno as per mods since it just gets run into the ground.

Fake Bob (B FM) hasn't been around in months sadly, he's a pretty chill guy and would steal supers from pubbies once a month or so. Also yeah according to VideoGames, the mod with the best avatar, talking about both BFM & Xenuria is not allowed.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 30, 2016

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

they're both in pl, the bad one and the other one

Ok, now I know I absolutely want goons to push their poo poo in.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Zasze posted:

Goonfucking is also speaking out against the kickstarter, SoE games, or having a rational opinion of zombie survival shooters.

What a time to be alive!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Xolve posted:

Goonfucking is also speaking out against the kickstarter, SoE games, or having a rational opinion of zombie survival shooters.

What a time to be alive!

I've called the kickstarter dumb as gently caress on goonfleet.com and on jabber, and refered to the author they picked as "The worst possible guy for the job" and have yet to be kicked out. Also called our CSM Candidate X a reprehensible shitbag. But you know, something something external narrative.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
I am very curious about whether or not CO2 actually wanted to trap our supers, by offering lawn+bastion a highway to VFK and seeded dictors in every "safe" tower on the way.

Querns' post and :godforbid: Reddit's posts are completely 2 separate tones, one saying CO2 offered a highway to trap, the other saying that was CO2's defence plan discussed with lawn+bastion before Mittens vetoed it. I would like to believe Querns' account, but both side seems spinning stories out of their asses to rally moral. I guess I have to wait till the war is over to find out what actually happened. Now back to shooting CO2.

Dear Eonwe, I didn't actually read this thread before calling your brain little. Here, I will make up for it by posting here.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Is this the true Eve thread now?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Altran posted:

I am very curious about whether or not CO2 actually wanted to trap our supers, by offering lawn+bastion a highway to VFK and seeded dictors in every "safe" tower on the way.

Querns' post and :godforbid: Reddit's posts are completely 2 separate tones, one saying CO2 offered a highway to trap, the other saying that was CO2's defence plan discussed with lawn+bastion before Mittens vetoed it. I would like to believe Querns' account, but both side seems spinning stories out of their asses to rally moral. I guess I have to wait till the war is over to find out what actually happened. Now back to shooting CO2.

Dear Eonwe, I didn't actually read this thread before calling your brain little. Here, I will make up for it by posting here.

The amount of people that would need to be in the know for a trap is pretty small. Someone to offline the tower, a FC, and someone like gigx on comms to explain that they are no longer in the cfc

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

I've called the kickstarter dumb as gently caress on goonfleet.com and on jabber, and refered to the author they picked as "The worst possible guy for the job" and have yet to be kicked out. Also called our CSM Candidate X a reprehensible shitbag. But you know, something something external narrative.

I said that I thought the writing by Jeff Edwards wasn't that great in my opinion, and it got featured in a TMC article about how it was bullying Jeff Edwards and damaging EVE Online as a result. :toot:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oops, double post.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Reverand maynard posted:

The amount of people that would need to be in the know for a trap is pretty small. Someone to offline the tower, a FC, and someone like gigx on comms to explain that they are no longer in the cfc

The amount of EVE players required for such a plan is approximately 900 lbs

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I can't think of any legitimate reasons for putting dictors on perches around friendly staging towers during a move.

:v: "It's to bubble the bad guys if bad guys land on grid."

:fuckoff:

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Reverand maynard posted:

They have to work out with PL/NC. first, and not making NC./PL thinking it's a trap set for them. Once something is known by more than 3 guys, surely it will leak out. Someday.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Altran posted:

stop reading reddit you retard it is literally just the new failheap/sh/kugu except aligned entirely against goonfleetswarmwaffeplatoon

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Here's a different way to look at it. There are two possibilities:

A) CO2 tried to trap and ambush our super fleet by leading it into a bad situation in range of the enemy apex force, while that fleet was already logged in and formed.

B) CO2 is so dumb that they honestly thought it was a good idea to move our super fleet through a bad situation in range of the enemy apex force, while that fleet was already logged in and formed.

Take your pick. If either of those is false, the other is necessarily true.

Vladimir Simic
Mar 30, 2016
You Don't think Co2 knows they hosed up with this move? They just turn their backs on the Largest Organized Coalition in Eve .. Numbers if not organized means poo poo but what a time to be alive mining to save the sov :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
welcome

• Locked thread