Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I don't think that needs any text. It speaks volumes all by itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
If it says anything, it should be something like 'NO HOLDS BARRED' or whatever Rueben Langdon says during Ken's super.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

"lets turn up the heat"

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
"preheat the oven to 450 degrees!"

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

"My iron body is invincible so beware!"

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
"Where's your flowchart now?"

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

"bro ken"

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Crayvex posted:

Is there still an IRC goon chat room or anything to find matches? I'm getting tired of getting my face kicked in by randoms.

#goonsgarden on SynIRC is where most of the SA fighting game old guard hang out.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Sarchasm posted:

"bro ken"

I liked this one on multiple levels.

Shoutouts to bep for making life easy.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

cloofish posted:

I liked this one on multiple levels.

Shoutouts to bep for making life easy.

Oh oh he did it!

Lost Rivell
Jun 4, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Well, one positive thing about SFV, for anyone that still cares about Street Fighter as a whole, I guess now we can see a true grapple match between Zangief and Alex. There's got to be at least one person in the world that's excited about that.

That fight is actually a lot of fun for both the Gief *and* the Alex.

I'm actually really satisfied with SFV, primarily because of how many grapplers and grappler-like characters there are in it. As a KOF player, I will take as many as I can, even if Capcom doesn't understand how comboing into a grab should work.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I play Ryu like a grappler.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Agoat posted:

I play Ryu like a grappler.

This game is basically Saturday Night Slam Masters so you're doing things right.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

netcat posted:

Did they fix the directinput thing?

no

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

cloofish posted:

This game is basically Saturday Night Slam Masters so you're doing things right.

except saturday night slam masters was fun

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I'm gonna keep killing people with no special moves.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
As if we need any more reasons to avoid Survival for color unlocking, my investigations today have suggested that they have increased the difficulty for Normal survival. After five attempts at gaining Alex normal colors, I was met with a soul destroying Ryu at stage 25 that crushed the dream repeatedly by the tall-tail sign of reading inputs; normally a tactic reserved for Hard and above difficulty opponents. Asking around revealed the same issues for others, but on all characters at the same stage. This was vastly different an experience than when I originally did the run with Necalli many moons ago.

Pretty sure stage 25 has always been known as the stage where the CPU actually turns on, but up until the last patch a few days ago, it wasn't to the level of Hard difficulty. Now it seems the AI acts more like it does in Hard Mode when closing in the last 10 stages on that difficulty. You can expect full combo completions, anti-airs and hard-counters to your buttons by the AI in the last 5 stages of Medium difficulty.

The need to abuse the ranked/casual pop-up tactic is very strong now for both difficulties, made all the worse by not having these survival colors available for purchase in the store. So far, you can only purchase colors 11, 12 and 13 via fight money - choices that don't even exist for Alex at present.

edit: I guess since I'm talking about colors, word has it colors 14 and 15 are unlocked via character-specific levels. 25 and 30, though I can't seem to verify this for certain.

Lothire fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Mar 31, 2016

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Lothire posted:

As if we need any more reasons to avoid Survival for color unlocking, my investigations today have suggested that they have increased the difficulty for Normal survival. After five attempts at gaining Alex normal colors, I was met with a soul destroying Ryu at stage 25 that crushed the dream repeatedly by the tall-tail sign of reading inputs; normally a tactic reserved for Hard and above difficulty opponents. Asking around revealed the same issues for others, but on all characters at the same stage. This was vastly different an experience than when I originally did the run with Necalli many moons ago.

Pretty sure stage 25 has always been known as the stage where the CPU actually turns on, but up until the last patch a few days ago, it wasn't to the level of Hard difficulty. Now it seems the AI acts more like it does in Hard Mode when closing in the last 10 stages on that difficulty. You can expect full combo completions, anti-airs and hard-counters to your buttons by the AI in the last 5 stages of Medium difficulty.

The need to abuse the ranked/casual pop-up tactic is very strong now for both difficulties, made all the worse by not having these survival colors available for purchase in the store. So far, you can only purchase colors 11, 12 and 13 via fight money.

😄

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Baal posted:

Alpha Ken's model looks like garbage keeping with the trend of Ken looking terrible in this game

Ken has been an ugly fucker in every game except SF3, though

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

All I've read from this thread is to play Ken.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Lothire posted:

The need to abuse the ranked/casual pop-up tactic is very strong now for both difficulties, made all the worse by not having these survival colors available for purchase in the store. So far, you can only purchase colors 11, 12 and 13 via fight money - choices that don't even exist for Alex at present.

Maybe so, maybe not. I had the opposite experience. Trying to unlock Normal on day 1 or two, I failed it at least twice with the usual Survival mode rage inducing AI cheating each time until I learned to play better. A month with a character, unlocking alt costume Normal colors today, I did it in one try, with very little problems. It's just really boring and a horrible waste of time, but I didn't notice any particular spike in difficulty. The AI is completely braindead and blocks only randomly no matter what difficulty it's on.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Mar 31, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ag Bengip posted:

Ken has been an ugly fucker in every game except SF3, though

He looks like an action figure in SF4 a bad one

In SFV he looks like the loving crypt keeper with a banana split on his head

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Baal posted:

He looks like an action figure in SF4 a bad one

No, he looks like an insane grandmother

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I dunno what grandmother has abs as nice as those buster, but she sounds like a strong lady

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Lothire posted:

edit: I guess since I'm talking about colors, word has it colors 14 and 15 are unlocked via character-specific levels. 25 and 30, though I can't seem to verify this for certain.
i bopped normal survival twice last night to get story mode colours, sounds like you're just bad at the game

that doesnt mean survival doesnt suck though

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Cat Machine posted:

i bopped normal survival twice last night to get story mode colours, sounds like you're just bad at the game

that doesnt mean survival doesnt suck though

same

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

cloofish posted:

Since they've been going with some semi-obscure Street Fighter characters, I really think they should add someone from Saturday Night Slammasters and Rival Schools \ Project Justice because they're tangentially related to Street Fighter and Final Fight. Rival Schools has Sakura in it and Slammasters has Haggar who was from Final Fight which is in the SF universe so it's like a Kevin Bacon degrees of separation thing.

Also, we have Cody, Guy, Rolento, Sodom, Poison and Hugo all playable in Street Fighter games, I'd really like Mike Haggar to finally show up as a playable character someday.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I'd love to see rival school fighters. I miss edge.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Since they've been going with some semi-obscure Street Fighter characters, I really think they should add someone from Saturday Night Slammasters and Rival Schools \ Project Justice because they're tangentially related to Street Fighter and Final Fight. Rival Schools has Sakura in it and Slammasters has Haggar who was from Final Fight which is in the SF universe so it's like a Kevin Bacon degrees of separation thing.

Also, we have Cody, Guy, Rolento, Sodom, Poison and Hugo all playable in Street Fighter games, I'd really like Mike Haggar to finally show up as a playable character someday.

He's in Marvel 3. Plus I don't see Haggar making it into anywhere that already has Zangief since their usually depicted offense is the same. Maybe if they hosed around and gave him some pipe based attacks or something.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Commissar Ken posted:

He's in Marvel 3. Plus I don't see Haggar making it into anywhere that already has Zangief since their usually depicted offense is the same. Maybe if they hosed around and gave him some pipe based attacks or something.

Which is true. Haggar is almost like to Zangief what Ken is to Ryu and Charlie is to Guile, except they've just never shown up in the same game. This game has a lot of grapplers, too.

What I'm saying is they need to make a Saturday Night Slammasters 3 which includes the wrestlers from the first two games, plus Zangief, Alex, Hugo, Rainbow Mika, Birdie, Hakan, Honda and well.... Fuerte I guess...

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Gammatron 64 posted:

Which is true. Haggar is almost like to Zangief what Ken is to Ryu and Charlie is to Guile, except they've just never shown up in the same game. This game has a lot of grapplers, too.

Aww man, as a Zangief player it would just be the loving best if the mayor turned up.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

!Klams posted:

Aww man, as a Zangief player it would just be the loving best if the mayor turned up.

Or at least give gief his Green Hand back. Yeah, it might be a bit redundant with his v-skill and v-trigger, but he just feels so weird without it.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Rufus knows a real Ken Masters when he sees one and clearly this is another fake double.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

NecroMonster posted:

I am deeply surprised that no one has taken that ken drawing as an avatar yet.
Was surprised no one gave it to beebop.

Golem II posted:

All I've read from this thread is to play Ken.

ken players piss me off to no end and hes ugly as gently caress so yes play ken and use default or new ugly ken skin.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Mar 31, 2016

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Gold chain birdie is awesome and also needs a fix so the chains around enemy are also gold ASAP.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Draynar posted:

Gold chain birdie is awesome and also needs a fix so the chains around enemy are also gold ASAP.

The Japanese Collector's Edition comes with this, actually.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

bhsman posted:

The Japanese Collector's Edition comes with this, actually.

so I'd imagine they sold all 10 of those :v:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Microwaves Mom posted:

so I'd imagine they sold all 10 of those :v:

The main thing almost all of the costumes had was the white, almost luminescent, color scheme, but Birdie came with gold chains. They could still use that for another scheme.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Gammatron 64 posted:

Or at least give gief his Green Hand back. Yeah, it might be a bit redundant with his v-skill and v-trigger, but he just feels so weird without it.

It was such a useful gap closer, in a way that they aren't, though. Would be great to have back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
I'm guessing they removed green hand as to make sure gief didn't have the same SF4 vortex.