Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

This isn't true. The lock-on tutorial specifically mentioned ZL for the "new Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL."

Yup, there we go. Yeah, I basically just skipped through the text and just paid attention to the in game prompts with the up dpad button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Finally beat the whole of Legend Mode and took down the Demon King on the original Adventure Map. Onwards to the Great Sea Map!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Yeah, I have a new 3ds xl and I've been having difficulties with lock on - hasn't stopped me from finishing maps (block still centers the camera) but I can't figure out how to switch between lock on officers, so I've just been jerry rigging facing my opponent, blocking, and smashing the poo poo out of them

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011

tithin posted:

Yeah, I have a new 3ds xl and I've been having difficulties with lock on - hasn't stopped me from finishing maps (block still centers the camera) but I can't figure out how to switch between lock on officers, so I've just been jerry rigging facing my opponent, blocking, and smashing the poo poo out of them

The little camera joystick switches between lock-on targets

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
C-stick will switch between lock-on targets when there's more than one in range, but it's the C-stick, which is terrible. :(

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

My dream of goofy doodle dorf has been ignored :negative:

Can just toss out my code later to someone then.
I don't have classes tomorrow and am planning on working on it!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I don't suppose that there's anyway to improve the C stick is there? because it is loving atrocious

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
You can go into the settings and change the D-pad to camera controls, which allows you to use left and right on it to switch between lock-on targets. It's still not great though.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i still have no idea how to get an a rank on that "defeat 800 enemies" quest with two manhandlas and four dark enemies that pop up without insane abuse of shiek's water shield. if you don't fight the bosses, you get destroyed by seed attacks you can't see, if you do you fail the incredibly strict time requirement

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Still clearing through the Wii U Adventure map and holy poo poo is the stage for Lana's level 2 Summoning Gate just a hellhole. Is it the same on 3DS? Managed to A Rank it by going co-op with my girlfriend but I know the 3DS version doesn't have that luxury.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sudden Javelin posted:

Still clearing through the Wii U Adventure map and holy poo poo is the stage for Lana's level 2 Summoning Gate just a hellhole. Is it the same on 3DS? Managed to A Rank it by going co-op with my girlfriend but I know the 3DS version doesn't have that luxury.

Everything is a little different/rebalanced due to all the level 2 weapons being on the master quest map.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

did anyone ever find a more reliable way to perform the max rupee glitch? I want to use all these new characters but fuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkk leveling them up

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Kaubocks posted:

did anyone ever find a more reliable way to perform the max rupee glitch? I want to use all these new characters but fuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkk leveling them up

I think it only took me 4ish hours of attempts to get it the dozen or so times you need to level the five new characters to 255 in the WiiU version, and some of that was messing around with trying out the new characters to see if they had the potential to trigger it easily and quickly. Only Skull Kid had a pattern worth trying, though, and I ended up going with my old Cia method most of the time since her attempts are always super fast and easy.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Linkle seems to utterly trivialize 'all attacks are devistating!' stages.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Keiya posted:

Linkle seems to utterly trivialize all stages.

A bit more accurate.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I think it only took me 4ish hours of attempts to get it the dozen or so times you need to level the five new characters to 255 in the WiiU version, and some of that was messing around with trying out the new characters to see if they had the potential to trigger it easily and quickly. Only Skull Kid had a pattern worth trying, though, and I ended up going with my old Cia method most of the time since her attempts are always super fast and easy.

Think you could refresh my memory on this method? I tried using a Lana method I've triggered before but couldn't get it to work again. Think I never tried Cia because I don't have a weapon for her that has Rupee+

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Kaubocks posted:

Think you could refresh my memory on this method? I tried using a Lana method I've triggered before but couldn't get it to work again. Think I never tried Cia because I don't have a weapon for her that has Rupee+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRkIqA1Gjkw

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Right on, thanks! I'll give it a shot next time I play.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
There is a mission titled "Attend the Festival of Cuccos!". You're not allowed to take Linkle into it. Boo.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

tithin posted:

I don't suppose that there's anyway to improve the C stick is there? because it is loving atrocious

There is, and it involves pulling it out and throwing it in the trash, where it belongs: https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/44spty/i_replaced_my_cstick_with_a_psp_analog_stick/

I've done this and I can confirm it works a lot better than the standard C-stick and doesn't prevent the N3DS from closing. Don't actually throw the C-stick nub away since you can just tuck it back in if you ever need to send the 3DS in for repairs or whatever.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Neat, you're a life saver.

Gonna have to find somewhere that sells psp1000 nubs though, those things were great.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Keiya posted:

Those maps are pretty trivial anyway if you use the bow.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

tithin posted:

Neat, you're a life saver.

Gonna have to find somewhere that sells psp1000 nubs though, those things were great.

I got mine off eBay but they're not exactly hard to find.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I like the King. He's fun and powerful, and also very kind and wise.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

How do you use the king good, I used him bad

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

many johnnys posted:

How do you use the king good, I used him bad

Always have his wind meter charged, it makes his attacks twice as fast. All his moves have good range and power, so idk, he's not hard to use.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
tetra seems bad at first but once you unlock her full moveset she becomes very very good

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Lemon-Lime posted:

There is, and it involves pulling it out and throwing it in the trash, where it belongs: https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/44spty/i_replaced_my_cstick_with_a_psp_analog_stick/

I've done this and I can confirm it works a lot better than the standard C-stick and doesn't prevent the N3DS from closing. Don't actually throw the C-stick nub away since you can just tuck it back in if you ever need to send the 3DS in for repairs or whatever.

Thank you so much for this.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dizz posted:

Thank you so much for this.

You're welcome.

Sadly, it's still not a proper thumbstick because of the way the underlying mechanism works (basically it detects input when you push against the bit under the C-stick), but it's at least a million times more usable since your thumb can actually rest on it to use it.

I really wish Nintendo would do a proper second thumbstick for the N3DS. :sigh:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
just give me the N64 controller scheme for the 3ds. I miss the C buttons.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Dizz posted:

:psyduck: :barf:

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Dizz posted:

:yikes:

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

The best designed controller

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Maybe madkatz has a peripheral that's an n64 controller that attaches to your ds and creates an ungodly abomination of shapes and buttons.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Keiya posted:

What combos of hers work for that? I've always just used the bow on those stages.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Realtalk, I never understood the confusion over the N64 controller.

Right hand grabs the side with the buttons. Does the game use the control stick? Left hand holds the middle handle. Otherwise, it holds the left handle. It really isn't that hard unless you are a sperg and absolutely positively MUST use all the buttans.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Unlucky7 posted:

Realtalk, I never understood the confusion over the N64 controller.

Right hand grabs the side with the buttons. Does the game use the control stick? Left hand holds the middle handle. Otherwise, it holds the left handle. It really isn't that hard unless you are a sperg and absolutely positively MUST use all the buttans.

I don't think anyone is confused, it's just a silly design is all.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

many johnnys posted:

I don't think anyone is confused, it's just a silly design is all.

Less silly than the GameCube controller at least.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Unlucky7 posted:

... what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

It is the opposite of less silly than the Gamecube controller, but it's also not that bad.

• Locked thread