Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

hakimashou posted:

i think crazy binkley has an alt called "@kimmybink" now, was display binkley-style spasticism on esd and claiming to be 'his brother.'

Binkley is also back on the forums with another alt account: marimariam

Also, yes, the Caitian Star Hero or whatever is a furry RP fleet that contained the likes of Ashkrik and Adventurecat, so I'm guessing it's mostly a Christian furry fleet or whatever. I spoke to one of their members the other day who admitted that AdventureCat was a little "too extreme" for the rest of them and often made people in the fleet very uncomfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Asimo posted:

Also, as always, :lol: at the loadouts Cryptic devs use on their ships.

Trendy usually takes the screenshots. It was probably what was on her character that she uses for PR stuff.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 30, 2016

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

Look at how much trouble they've had getting the chell gret as an account unlock for people who did it the first year before it was a reputation project, despite the fact it's trivially easy to check if a character has one in their roster. Or how they're utterly unable to let you buy a c-store pack (even without a discount or something like that) if you already own one part of the pack, loving them out of sales of people who don't want to drop the full price all at once.
Honestly, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that their database schema is so bad that actually running the query to check if each char has a particular ship would bring the whole game down.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Tuskin38 posted:

Trendy usually takes the screenshots. It was probably what was on her character that she uses for PR stuff.

I'd love to see her do a promo stream and just decide "gently caress it" and generate herself an Annorax and a set of gold equipment and just blitz through some queues.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

g0del posted:

Honestly, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that their database schema is so bad that actually running the query to check if each char has a particular ship would bring the whole game down.

Remember that they stagger doff assignment completions because 20 assignments finishing simultaneously when you logged in caused lag issues.

Space Hero Keith
Sep 26, 2015

g0del posted:

That would definitely take the game down. That's why there are weekly maintenance periods, it's the one time a week to get all that business done.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Asimo posted:

The problem is the account system in this game is such a clusterfuck of failure that Cryptic couldn't do something like this even if they wanted to. Look at how much trouble they've had getting the chell gret as an account unlock for people who did it the first year before it was a reputation project, despite the fact it's trivially easy to check if a character has one in their roster. Or how they're utterly unable to let you buy a c-store pack (even without a discount or something like that) if you already own one part of the pack, loving them out of sales of people who don't want to drop the full price all at once.

Also why can't they sell the Intrepid/Voyager interior separately?

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

g0del posted:

I would honestly not be surprised if their database schema was literally non-existent. Having to pull the entire character record for even the tiniest changes would certainly explain the 1-2 second lag when doing literally anything that'd modify any part of the character records that all three of Cryptic's current games have even when you're otherwise not lagging at all.

General Maximus fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Mar 30, 2016

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

SKY COQ posted:

I'd love to see her do a promo stream and just decide "gently caress it" and generate herself an Annorax and a set of gold equipment and just blitz through some queues.
I'm not sure if most of the PWE/cryptic people could blitz through a queue even with a great ship and epic equipment. Ship and equip is only a part of a build. It needs to be combined with the right traits, doffs, boffs, and boff skills.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I could assemble a couple teams out of my friends list that could run Hive ground and space back to back on Elite, and probably get most if not all of the optionals, too.

I am quite confident that no team of 5 Cryptic employees, on non-dev accounts without cheating, could beat those queues.

Edit: and I'm not saying every dev needs to be good at their own game, but bet enough Blizzard devs are good enough at WoW to run a raid. I bet a team of TOR devs could do a hard mode Flashpoint. John Romero regularly schooled competitive deathmatch players.

If devs can't playtest their most difficult content without cheating at it, then it ain't getting playtested. And that's STO.

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 30, 2016

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

It needs to be combined with the right traits, doffs, boffs, and boff skills.

I would question that. Not entirely, but parts. How to put it....there's a strong difference between what you'd like and what you need. There's also the third issue of 'what can I get at in a reasonable time/cost'.

Traits? Yes, some. I don't mean lockbox, I mean your bog-standards. You can do well enough, there's enough useful traits.

Bridge Officers? You can get by with whoever, really. Sure, you'd like to have those super Romulan whatevers, but you can manage. Klingons get the better end via Nausicans in the 'what i can get at'-don't they give +damage in space?.

Duty officers help, but you need a good base.

Without a decent setup in terms of what skills are on your crew for space and ground, the rest falls completely flat. Even the 'basic' Power to Weapons/Power to Shields loop puts you above most of the crowd.

And despite Mark 13 and 14 and Gold, you can still manage with Mark 12. Indeed, you'll have to given the upgrade costs.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 30, 2016

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

FuturePastNow posted:

it ain't getting playtested. And that's STO.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
The Wesleys' Wiki is a good place to visit if you're bored.

https://redd.it/4cmj6s

ltcommander-data posted:

Yes- it is Dental that is doing it. Every time i ask how its done, people just keep saying "Foundry". That doesnt tell me very much.

Brickus posted:

Someone from Dental was doing this on Drozana earlier and intentionally blocking the walkway that's beside the exchange that leads up to the vendors.

soldier1st posted:

I bet a couple hawt female captains got the idea during a swim on risa, where they had hardly anything on, and to impress other hawt chicks,"Hey other hawtees, lets travel to the beaches in our hawt ships and let others try to jump on, so we can have a blast" I bet starfleet dental h00ters are in on it too.
What? :psyduck:

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 31, 2016

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

I'll explain when you're older.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9892173-star-trek-online%3A-first-contact-giveaways

first contact themed Giveaways from today to the 6th.

First one is a DOFF named Neal Falconer. (reference to Lt. Hawk, and his actor Neal McDonough)

Funny.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Account reclaimable if you grab it today too, so that's nice.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Actually they're doing one item every 48 hours this time so you get 2 days to claim it.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Tuskin38 posted:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9892173-star-trek-online%3A-first-contact-giveaways

first contact themed Giveaways from today to the 6th.

First one is a DOFF named Neal Falconer. (reference to Lt. Hawk, and his actor Neal McDonough)

Funny.

Amusingly, I was able to claim both the Fed and KDF versions on my independent Romulan (Reman), but, of course, was unable to open either box.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Should've used the Defiant, say you're reenacting One Little Ship.

Nita
Apr 27, 2008

fakemirage posted:

The Wesleys' Wiki is a good place to visit if you're bored.

https://redd.it/4cmj6s

What? :psyduck:

Where in the wiki is this?

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Nita posted:

Where in the wiki is this?
GM Commands, under the fun things to do header.

It will outright break all your costume slots so you can't mix different ships or ground costumes, but I'm having fun so far.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I see the problem: Nita hasn't been hooked up with a GM account yet.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Beautiful

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9890613-star-trek-online%3A-new-playable-species-horta%21

Klingon player art updates on the way, this isn't April Fools

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/12885313

http://imgur.com/v7VYDhB
http://imgur.com/9bkakFz
https://imgur.com/PxlHA7p
http://imgur.com/a/9HOAZ

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 1, 2016

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
I heard Risa was imploding so I went to take a look.

quote:

[Local] GreenGaint@xxspiderbitexx3: YES
[Local] GreenGaint@xxspiderbitexx3: Its back
[Zone] Riii@richtofen6: uhhhg
[Local] Jarvis@captainbean2: here we go....
[Local] Sandrine@marquisnoir: and u r such an idiioot, ppl asked me to ignore u becaause u r metal, told them just as long as dont have too deal with him
[Local] GreenGaint@xxspiderbitexx3: Im leaving
[Local] Riii@richtofen6: all report that ship for hacking
[Local] Sandrine@marquisnoir: annnd gere u r alway acting, u feel so week
[Local] Jarvis@captainbean2: Tis not hacking
[Zone] Aliseh@sausage10: YES IT IS
[Local] GreenGaint@xxspiderbitexx3: No it isnt
[Zone] Aliseh@sausage10: WHAT A TOTAL PRICK
[Tell] Riii@richtofen6: piss off you hacking prick
[Local] GreenGaint@xxspiderbitexx3: There is so much poo poo going on here. It is a perfect time for a intermission.
[Zone] Aliseh@sausage10: go and gently caress yourself stupid ship
[Local] Riii@richtofen6: look its starfleet retards
[Zone] Odyssey@atquick: No need to be upset.
[Local] Riii@richtofen6: get lost hacker
[Local] Jarvis@captainbean2: Tis not hacking
[Local] GreenGaint@xxspiderbitexx3: It isnt hacks oh my jesus
[Zone] Aliseh@sausage10: no but it's pissing me off
[Zone] Lyras Biddle@caut37: ok after we vote off Thomas can we vote off Ribbon this ship thing is getting old fast and messing up the game.
[Zone] Aliseh@sausage10: and i want to murder the person in real life
[Zone] Sean C. Wolslau@seanwolslau: what the hell
[Zone] Lauren Biddle@l31: 20 votes to vote Thomas off Risa. Put *Signed* in zone. If already voted I have you down.
[Zone] Aliseh@sausage10: i want to murderer the person controlling the ship in real life
[Zone] Lauren Biddle@l31: 8/20.
[Zone] Aliseh@sausage10: murder*
[Zone] Odyssey@atquick: You sound terribly upset, Aliseh.
[Zone] Aliseh@sausage10: i am
[Zone] Odyssey@atquick: Maybe you should take a break.
[Local] Riii@richtofen6: i dont give a poo poo if its hacking or not i want this problem delt with
[Zone] Sean C. Wolslau@seanwolslau: why is there an odyssey class ship on risa
[Zone] Aliseh@sausage10: odyssey your a total jackass
[Zone] Aliseh@sausage10: i have had a break from sto for 6 months now so go and gently caress your self you horrible little oval office
[Tell] Lyras Biddle@caut37: Go find a new map to troll
[Zone] Odyssey@atquick: Take 6 more. Sounds like you need it.
[Zone] Aliseh@sausage10: oh gently caress off
[Zone] Aliseh@sausage10: what a bloody idiot
[Tell] Jarvis@captainbean2: I don't understand why people are so upset
[Zone] GreenGaint@xxspiderbitexx3: Sit back and relax. There is plenty of salt in the basins of the sea. Risa is its own WarZone.
[Zone] Riii@richtofen6: every one report it and it will be delt with
[Zone] Aliseh@sausage10: gently caress THIS FERASAN TIME!
[Local] COLDSTEEL@stardate2015: welcome to my ignore list Sandrine life ignoring you is well earned
[Zone] Lauren Biddle@l31: Its been reported a lot. Nothing happens.
[Zone] Riii@richtofen6: lets vote this guy off risa aswell
They really dislike the Odyssey. :(

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
White kljngons are going to ruin the game.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Just posting to remind everyone that Psycho mounts Xean vigorously at every opportunity.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Preechr posted:

Just posting to remind everyone that Psycho mounts Xean vigorously at every opportunity.

Welp, not a secret anymore.

I ride that fucker gloriously.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Psycho Landlord posted:

Welp, not a secret anymore.

I ride that fucker gloriously.

You ride Xean dry and come back solo wet, all bare chested and poo poo.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Da Mott Man posted:

You ride Xean dry and come back solo wet, all bare chested and poo poo.

S'alright, I hear you really turn 'em inside-out.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Preechr posted:

Oh we've got people in this very thread who can attest to that.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Present.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Preechr posted:

I cast bone swarm on this dead game's corpse.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Future.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Da Mott Man posted:

I cast bone swarm on this dead game's corpse.

Wait, it can be saved if you get it to a healer competent game designer!

Edit: reminder to grab your borg doff before it switches to the next 48 hour giveaway later.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 2, 2016

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

I really want a Wells class, I know they're outdated, but I like the design.
Why couldn't it be the Lobi store ship instead of the mirror version?

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Aleth posted:

Wait, it can be saved if you get it to a healer competent game designer!

Hey man, don't question the expert.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
So today we get another admiralty card of the Phoenix shuttle thing. Yay.

Edit: someone hosed up because this appears but is unclaimable:

Aleth fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 2, 2016

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Here is an interesting fact, you might not realize. If you're playing a mission with a map transition without a loading screen, if you recall your fighters to dock they'll stay with you during the transition.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The giveaway is working now for the next couple of days so go get your:

Or don't. Whatever. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost