Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

oatgan posted:

Eva was turning heel

Turning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Was?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Tripwyre posted:

Rosenberg's primary example of Gawker being bad was them celebrating Rob Ford's death, which he condemned by saying "Rob Ford brought a lot of joy to a lot of people," as if he was a clown entertainer and not a monstrous politician. Rosenberg is very dumb.

well yeah

but it was funny to hear shoemaker get all angry about somebody defaming the good name of gawker dot com

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Also I still have no idea why they set up a situation where Eva Marie and Lana charged each other like age-old enemies, when I don't recall ever seeing them interact at all.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Jerusalem posted:

Also I still have no idea why they set up a situation where Eva Marie and Lana charged each other like age-old enemies, when I don't recall ever seeing them interact at all.

Eva Marie doesn't like bullies.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Jerusalem posted:

It was also frustrating to hear Sempervive talk about how he doesn't believe they wanted a face pop based on how the other wrestlers in the ring are reacting to her, which is true. There's nothing really, other than Dave saying so, that indicates they thought she was going to get a positive response. Of course, instead of addressing the point, Bryan just reiterates the same thing again as if that proves anything.

Also had to laugh at Bryan making GBS threads on Ambrose showing up on Raw, then proudly proclaims how he 'fixed' the segment without even thinking about it, something Dave proves moments later when he points out that Bryan's plan involves Ambrose coming down to the ring, giving Lesnar all of his weapons and then leaving empty handed.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Meltzer on Mike Tenay's Professor Vegas podcast.
http://www1.play.it/audio/professor-vegas-mike-tenay-sports-betting-podcast/

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
Eva is the type of wrestler who's booked like a heel but gets go away heat rather than proper heel heet. see: The Gangstaz in Smoky Mountain

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Big Dave starts at 16:00, match analysis starts at 21:30.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

For whatever it is worth Lana was apparently upset that Eva Marie upstaged her on Raw. It WAS Lana's angle before Eva Marie appeared and stole all the attention. Their interactions on Sunday might be something to see or dirtsheet fodder.

Spermgod posted:

For what it's worth Squared Circle Sirens is saying that's bullshit: http://squaredcirclesirens.com/backstage-news-on-eva-maries-return/

I think they're considered a trustworthy source in this sort of thing, but Big Trev would know better than me.

Casey (who runs the site) knows a lot of the Divas as he used to go to FCW shows a lot and was in communication with some of them that day.

The Divas division is so weird and quirky and there's the blurred line truth wise due to Total Divas confidentiality it had be hard to get to the actual truth. But I don't recall Casey being kayfabed or misled by his friends there.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast - Dean Ambrose Interview 30th March, 2016

‘Dean Ambrose talks to Sam about Wrestlemania, his match with HHH, Total Divas and more’

Full Podcast: http://notsam.com/wrestlingpodcast/

Surprised to see no much talk about this as Dean mumbles and swears his way through the interview. Not really face of the company stuff.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

rovert posted:

For whatever it is worth Lana was apparently upset that Eva Marie upstaged her on Raw. It WAS Lana's angle before Eva Marie appeared and stole all the attention. Their interactions on Sunday might be something to see or dirtsheet fodder.

Why should Lana be upset? She's like in the opposite position of Eva Marie: should be treated as a heel, but the fans cheer her as a face more often. She and Brie are probably the only people in the 10 diva tag match who could get face heat right now. Eva Marie being in just means the crowd is going to want the Total Divas to get crushed.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

rovert posted:

Surprised to see no much talk about this as Dean mumbles and swears his way through the interview. Not really face of the company stuff.

Yeah. Because he knows that he won't ever be the face of the company. Especially with the way he hasn't been protected at all in how he's been booked. It's Roman or bust at this point.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i highly doubt dean ambrose is depressed that he isn't getting the monster push lol, he's probably just not one for interviews/PR stuff. see: his twitter account

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

WOR: "a black"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There was a great Bearcat Wright detour on today's show.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Welp. The stupidest question of all time was asked on WOR.

"Why are Wrestlemania tickets expensive?"

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

St Evan Echoes posted:

WOR: "a black"

"a black" and "blacks" multiple times ffs

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

"a black" and "blacks" multiple times ffs

I think he is quoting Vince verbatim on that.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dave really hates racism. Like, a lot. He really hates it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hate it too.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dave's Steiner math for McGregor vs Diaz 2 was pretty funny.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
If Dave could go back in time and stop one thing, it would be the career of Hulk Hogan, but if he could stop two, the second one would be racism.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Big Show is back on Austin's podcast today and it's great.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Luigi Thirty posted:

Dave really hates racism. Like, a lot. He really hates it.

He hates it the same way a lot of liberals his age hate it, in that they hate burning crosses and segregation and the n-word but blind themselves to the more subtle and pernicious aspects

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
I want Dave on Between The Sheets

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

BlueArmyMan posted:

I want Dave on Between The Sheets

Same

E: oh, you said "on"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

St Evan Echoes posted:

Same

E: oh, you said "on"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'd take a "Meltzer Driver" if you know what I'm saying. I'm talking about gay sex

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

He hates it the same way a lot of liberals his age hate it, in that they hate burning crosses and segregation and the n-word but blind themselves to the more subtle and pernicious aspects

This was pretty obvious on Tuesday's show when he didn't understand how "anybody" could keep getting pulled over (talking about Jon Jones) when he (Dave) breaks the law all the time and hasn't been pulled over in ten years.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Dave's old timey wrestling detour was one of the longest Meltzer soliloquies in a while, I think. Bryan could have gone and played with the cats for like 10 minutes.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

triplexpac posted:

Dave's old timey wrestling detour was one of the longest Meltzer soliloquies in a while, I think. Bryan could have gone and played with the cats for like 10 minutes.

It was amazing. Only Dave can take a quick note about how Sailor Art Thomas wasn't really a hall of famer and turn it into a 10 minute monologue on the career of Bearcat Wright.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I forgot what the original point was. Was it that there's additional HOF inductees beyond the official class?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kinda weird that Dave is flying into Dallas but not staying for Mania, unless he means he's flying home on Saturday, and then flying back to Dallas on Sunday

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

that was a paraphrased quote from some old WOR

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

Kinda weird that Dave is flying into Dallas but not staying for Mania, unless he means he's flying home on Saturday, and then flying back to Dallas on Sunday

he did the same thing for summerslam. dave is a weirdo and also he will write a million words so he cant spare the time to watch the show twice even though he probably will

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

St Evan Echoes posted:

I think last year he talked about how being at Mania was fun and all but it created like twice the work for him since he had to go home and watch it again and write it up anyway

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

He talked about this last year. He enjoyed watching the show live but really wanted to hear the commentary.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

I forgot what the original point was. Was it that there's additional HOF inductees beyond the official class?

Something was leaked suggesting this year they were also gonna honor stars from long ago:

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/legacy-award-be-added-wwe-hall-fame-210221

Kinda like they now have a veteran's committee

Also, can't blame Dave for leaving, I've heard of sports radio hosts leaving the Super Bowl site before the Super Bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

mariooncrack posted:

He talked about this last year. He enjoyed watching the show live but really wanted to hear the commentary.

I guess we found the one person who wants to listen to the inane WWE commentary team

• Locked thread