Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the secret to all stealth is that far and away the #1 thing you need to be successful in stealth is map knowledge. sometimes that map knowledge comes easier for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Tempest_56 posted:

Uncommonly, but yeah. It's more a puzzle than a shooty game then - very different but still fun. If you want some real serious stealth challenge, I recommend Alesso, Train Heist and Dockyard. If you want ball-busting tough stealth that feels loving amazing when you finally get it, try Golden Grin. On DW, of course.

They've fixed GGC's cameras and buggy detection- it's a lot more bearable now, though it's still not very fun.

Geight posted:

Weird, Grin felt way easier to me than any of those three.

Luck is indirectly a major factor in GGC, because a couple of guards on the map in higher difficulties have really massive patrol areas-meaning they can spend a lot of time nowhere important, or a lot of time right by objectives.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Explosionface posted:

Your friend hates fun, from the sound of it.

He thinks it's unfair

Not my fault he insists on sniper builds and inevitably gets cloaked :v:

Leaving me to ferry every drat bag to the escape in meltdown. At least it was only very hard and a loco+g3 loadout is pretty decent but still

Can't say I didn't get a motherfucker of an adrenaline rush tearing rear end around all these containers in the car, though. Got all the bags minus one :smugdog:

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I get some perverse joy when I stealth something by accident. Loud kit, I go in and melee a guard, no one notices and I just run with it.

Of course it doesn't happen on maps like Big Bank or Golden Grin, but stuff like Night Club or Election Day or Jewelry/Diamond Store are fun to run like that.

Otherwise I usually stealth solo, since stealthing with pubs is a nightmare unless it's H&T, my friends don't play this anymore and goons only click cops.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I love the team stealth ones. First World did feel like a solo job (one man was masked while the other three scouted) but something like GO Bank was amazing as everyone splits up to deal with all of the tasks simultaneously like a well planned round of Rainbow Six. I'm hoping there are more of those in store for us.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Zigmidge posted:

I don't know if you jaded assholes can feel feels anymore but I thought I'd share and bring some joy to your cold optimized hearts.

We'd been trying all week to clear a stealth, any stealth heist and poo poo was just not clicking for us until last night and, wow, that feeling when you open the first world bank vault on deathwish and its your first succesful stealth!! Despite it being a videogame, walking into that vault was a powerful feeling. We wanted to take screenshots and record video and call our moms and I think one of us teabagged a guard out of giddyness which is a little weird at this age but I feel it.

Of course, it being a videogame we felt nothing but met expectations when we did it a second time later on but I hope I helped you remember your first popped vault!

After so many hours, do you guys still stealth things?

That's awesome, congrats. It's a great feeling to get over that hump for the first time. My group beat Deathwish Rats for the first time the other night. And by group I mean a friend + 2 AI. And I think we got it on only our 2nd attempt. Granted that is probably one of the easier DW heists anyways because you can bunker down upstairs for basically the entire heist and run around to grab ingredients when there's a break between assaults. It was still a good feeling. We also tried FWB once on DW stealth for the hell of it and ended up clearing it first try. There were several times where we probably should have lost but got extremely lucky. Just one of those times where everything falls your way.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Yeah GO Bank stealth gets some flak for the RNG elements but the rush at the beginning followed by the management of civs and phone definitely make it a stealth map that keeps everyone on their toes.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Geight posted:

Yeah GO Bank stealth gets some flak for the RNG elements but the rush at the beginning followed by the management of civs and phone definitely make it a stealth map that keeps everyone on their toes.

*sound of 25-100 player using an smg to kill every civilian as well as the cop reinforcements* good stealth

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Geight posted:

Weird, Grin felt way easier to me than any of those three.

The schtick is that on DW, you've got no error room. Guards will alert off the door to the security room in the back being open; there are four guards that will patrol in sight of it on DW. Meaning you HAVE to save all four pagers for them, and you have zero others for the rest of the heist. That's what makes it hard, really. The pagers issue aside, I'd call Dockyard more difficult (and fun) to stealth.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

*sound of 25-100 player using an smg to kill every civilian as well as the cop reinforcements* good stealth

Don't shoot civilians :saddowns:

Tempest_56 posted:

The schtick is that on DW, you've got no error room. Guards will alert off the door to the security room in the back being open; there are four guards that will patrol in sight of it on DW. Meaning you HAVE to save all four pagers for them, and you have zero others for the rest of the heist. That's what makes it hard, really. The pagers issue aside, I'd call Dockyard more difficult (and fun) to stealth.

Now that I think about it, I think those are generally the only guards I've shot the few times I've stealthed Grin, so I just never thought about how they were taking up all my pager slots.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Geight posted:

I can and will blame it on another person in the lobby if it's brought up that every civilian has been executed. I'll go waingroČ given the chance since stealth is so boring and I don't get the chance to shoot drat near anybody

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Yeah, stealth becomes much easier when you realize you can just put bullets in the heads of civies you can't tie down. Here's a challenge mode for everyone, stealth without killing anyone including guards! I've done it ONCE and it was painful.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Geight posted:

I love Bain freaking out over how "UNPROFESSIONAL" you are. And every time he calls me Mr. Blonde, I wish I could have Flames of Love playing during heists and not just during menus. That's it, time to get "Stuck in the Middle With You" and run that in the background for a few heists.

So for the Bigger lobby mod, does that prevent you from getting achievements involving "do this with your four man crew"? I know people just SAM it, but I think it'd be hilarious to still get those achievements during the heist. When that Arkansas toothpick glitched concealment, I solo'd that Shadow Raid heist with the RPG/minigun. Good times.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
if I'm not slaughtering almost a hundred cops per minute I don't know why I'm even playing pd2 since that is where pd2 shines at its brightest

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
There should be a perk deck that gives you bonuses for killing surrendered cops :kheldragar:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

BillmasterCozb posted:

There should be a perk deck that gives you bonuses for killing surrendered cops :kheldragar:

Smacking surrendered cops around is a great way for an infiltrator to regain health. Just slice yourself a bit of pork when you're hurt. Sociopath probably procs off of surrender kills as well.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Cheeto posted:

Smacking surrendered cops around is a great way for an infiltrator to regain health. Just slice yourself a bit of pork when you're hurt. Sociopath probably procs off of surrender kills as well.

That's a great idea, I should do Sociopath stuff again instead of grinding all day

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Planning on dusting this game off tonight to try out the new heists. Are enough people still playing with the Big Lobbies mod to make it worth messing with that?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
HEISTS ARE UP! Let's see what they've add-

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
- Fixed an issue that caused the Black Bulldozers to deal higher damage than intended

Interesting...

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

ClonedPickle posted:

- Fixed an issue that caused the Black Bulldozers to deal higher damage than intended

Interesting...

That's probably the burst damage/damage gating issue they do which insta-downs you on DW.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

BillmasterCozb posted:

HEISTS ARE UP! Let's see what they've add-

Oh god, the Kawaii mask is spreading. Soon we will all be anime.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Are they seriously giving us ANOTHER deagle?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

quote:

A scientist inspired by the virtual-reality sex scene in Demolition Man made his own attempt at building a device where no physical contact would actually be needed when performing intercourse. The experiment was an utter failure but a few of the prototypes still exist.

Lmfao, my goodness.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Are they seriously giving us ANOTHER deagle?

Yeah it looks like it's a free baby deag.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Grapplejack posted:

Lmfao, my goodness.

Glad we finally got the true history of the ICTV.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Grapplejack posted:

Yeah it looks like it's a free baby deag.

I guess that's one way to increase loadout diversity.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I hope you are ready to hear the most guitar thrashing song in Payday 2 yet with Sweat. Also 2 Russian Band songs for menu fun.

With this heist making new cop variants for different missions, the sky's the limit on dreaming up special variants literally from hell when The Dentist contacts us again to bring the Ark of the Covenant to him or some other cursed mystic artifact.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Crabtree posted:

With this heist making new cop variants for different missions, the sky's the limit on dreaming up special variants literally from hell when The Dentist contacts us again to bring the Ark of the Covenant to him or some other cursed mystic artifact.

It's gonna come in handy for the Shadow Warrior DLC :pray:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
All sorts of good things...It looks like one of the main gimmicks of the stealth heist will be automated security. I can't wait to get home and start downloading it in ~6 hours!

edit: those mask descriptions are absolutely brutal weeaboo takedowns. I love it.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 31, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
And yet to get most of the weeaboo masks, you have to obsess over stealth and optimal speed-running. Huh.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Crabtree posted:

An Indiana Jones spoof heist would be really cool imo. It's nice to see more heists that expand from just being set in DC to other areas.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Maybe speedrunning isn't gonna be that bad, map control might be an option given

also

quote:

Fixed an issue where a camera could be pointing towards a mandatory mission objective on Day 3 of Framing Frame Job.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
I've had that camera before, in a time where it wouldn't alert off an open bookcase but would on an open vault.

That camera can get hosed and I'm glad it's gone.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh man gently caress that camera for sure, I'm pleasantly surprised they fixed that

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Odd, they'd said they'd fixed that before. Maybe I'm thinking of the ones in FS2?

Yeah, that cheevo is why I think we should expect no camera operator and a bunch of new security systems on the stealth heist.

edit: Overkill apparently just streamed the new heist here.

edit2: it just occurred to me that they're probably building out assets for The Raid here.

edit3: wowww, they're terrible.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 31, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

grancheater posted:

Maybe speedrunning isn't gonna be that bad, map control might be an option given

also

So do these guards not have pagers? Or do they expect us to get to the end and the murder everyone before running for the exit?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

So do these guards not have pagers? Or do they expect us to get to the end and the murder everyone before running for the exit?

A) We don't know,
B) There may only be four guards,
C) As the website and several others have mentioned, there are other alarm systems in the heist.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Good news, The Ground is Too Cold does not count group downs just you.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Crabtree posted:

Good news, The Ground is Too Cold does not count group downs just you.

It's even better-folks are reporting that it's not counting any downs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
drat, they still haven't added the Goat Simulator heist music to the soundtrack? Step it up Overkill.