Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F2B
Feb 13, 2003
Sorry if I don't know this one, but is there an easy way to turn around and talk smack to the person who just beat you? Because I'm not seeing an easy way on PC. I've got Steam for all of 2 games 4 and 5.

If not, I believe this is absolutely a good thing. Every time I get out match I win I'm still waiting for that nasty hate message I remember getting on Xbox. If this was a decision on Capcom's part then it was a solid one I think. Obviously they're trying to follow the model set by Riot games for e-sports, but it if this is true they're looking take some of the toxicity from it all. I mean I could be reading too much into this but if they're as smart as I think they are then they used this as an excuse to release a semi-made game on a solid premise. Because I would rather have a semi-made game early than a fully made one later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

F2B posted:

Sorry if I don't know this one, but is there an easy way to turn around and talk smack to the person who just beat you? Because I'm not seeing an easy way on PC. I've got Steam for all of 2 games 4 and 5.

If not, I believe this is absolutely a good thing. Every time I get out match I win I'm still waiting for that nasty hate message I remember getting on Xbox. If this was a decision on Capcom's part then it was a solid one I think. Obviously they're trying to follow the model set by Riot games for e-sports, but it if this is true they're looking take some of the toxicity from it all. I mean I could be reading too much into this but if they're as smart as I think they are then they used this as an excuse to release a semi-made game on a solid premise. Because I would rather have a semi-made game early than a fully made one later.

Not on Steam, you have to add the guy and he has to accept, etc. But that's because of Steam, not because Capcom is smart. After the switch to Steamworks from GFWL, USF4 worked the same way. Pretty sure it's still easy as gently caress to ragemessage on PSN and XBL.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Dias posted:

Not on Steam, you have to add the guy and he has to accept, etc. But that's because of Steam, not because Capcom is smart. After the switch to Steamworks from GFWL, USF4 worked the same way. Pretty sure it's still easy as gently caress to ragemessage on PSN and XBL.

I used to think this about steam until I noticed you could message people in CS:GO, its not some in game system either, just straight up opens a chat window to them. So why most other games don't do it I don't know.
Seeing as Capcom make you pick a unique fighter name they 'could' implement some kind of messaging system, but I doubt its a high priority for them.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 31, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Dias posted:

Not on Steam, you have to add the guy and he has to accept, etc. But that's because of Steam, not because Capcom is smart.

This.
I have had people rage message me over dark souls via steam which was hilarious. The most they can do is try and invite you to a group on steam.

If anything I'm sure capcom would love to add some message system into the game, but fortunately they're too incompetent / behind schedule. In SFV some guy murdered the hsit out of me and I had to track him down via twitter to tweet him about the great sets. Lol he half expected me to come at him with salt and was surprised when I was asking for more.

But yes this is purely because steam is smart.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
It rarely happens, but I've definitely gotten invited to group I JUST poo poo ON YOUR rear end (or something like that) after getting beatdown by some invader in Dark Souls. Really the amount of effort you need to put in to poo poo talk random people on steam just makes it kind of admirable if you go all out on it.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Just checked and sadly the trainer does not work :smith:

I'm surprised capcom patched it to fix it as they're incompetent at everything else.
I'd imagine it was a coincidence and it probably doesn't work because of a number or something changed in the game from 1.01 to 1.02

Hopefully a new version will be out for color farming soon.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I think the most pathetic "sad person uses video games to try and bully others" moment I ever had was Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on the 3DS. So, in an online lobby, you can tap out (very short) messages using the touchscreen. In addition to that, though, you have a huge palette of customizable quick-messages. Take note: once you embark on a hunt, you can only use the quick-messages; typing is disabled.

A guy joined our little mid-high rank room with Hunter Rank 999. It's a red flag because you'd have to have played MH4U like a full-time job since its release date probably to be up there, and there's an easy to use save editor available for the game. Most people you see like this have spoofed it with Powersave, and probably have like way OP spoofed weapons and stuff. We didn't care, and brought him with us to kill a Brute Tigrex. The fight was pretty straightforward, but that's when he turned heel. He started knocking us around with his weapon (there's non-damaging friendly fire) while we were trying to get our loot in the 20-second window you have to carve off chunks of the dead monster, while broadcasting messages like "Git gud" and "No scrubs allowed", and so on. He actually went to the trouble of making custom messages so he could troll people :v:

After returning to the lobby, I kicked him from the game. He returned immediately because it's a public room, and told me to "kill urself human being" so promptly that I can only assume it was also in his quick menu. I just hope that guy gets the help he needs to one day move out of his mom's house :ohdear:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
https://twitter.com/vryu123/status/715579323370106880

lol

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

On the other hand, I had some great back-and-forth matches with a ken, and I would love it if there was an easy way to talk to him afterwards. The rematch system is the best thing capcom has done so far and gives me a sliver of hope for the future.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

What did you think about Ultradavid's point about this?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

bhsman posted:

What point? He asked a question and the guy who tested it replied saying it doesn't matter.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bhsman posted:

I didn't see anything on his twitter. Regardless, a move being a frametrap on left corner but not a frametrap on right corner is pretty stupid.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's harder for her with all that hair in the way when she's on the right side.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Asymmetrical hairdo, asymmetrical frame traps. Working as intended.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

LMFAO

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Microwaves Mom posted:

The most they can do is try and invite you to a group on steam.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AnonSpore posted:

What point? He asked a question and the guy who tested it replied saying it doesn't matter.

Dias posted:

I didn't see anything on his twitter. Regardless, a move being a frametrap on left corner but not a frametrap on right corner is pretty stupid.

I actually was thinking of a different OS involving Karin, my bad. Here's the video in question:

https://twitter.com/Mr_Shibazaki/status/715478013006090241

Ultra's point to that was basically "Yeah this exists but has been a thing for awhile."

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Microwaves Mom posted:

Just checked and sadly the trainer does not work :smith:

I'm surprised capcom patched it to fix it as they're incompetent at everything else.
I'd imagine it was a coincidence and it probably doesn't work because of a number or something changed in the game from 1.01 to 1.02

Hopefully a new version will be out for color farming soon.

It's not really Capcom patching out the trainer, it's just that they're made for specific versions of a game and updates usually break them. It'll be updated soon probably.

Otherwise, use this: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=458045118

Jfc capcom. This is getting embarrassing now.

croutonZA fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 31, 2016

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Alex's weird weight lifting bro costume makes him look like a lovely extra from Pain & Gain.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

lmfao.

croutonZA posted:

It's not really Capcom patching out the trainer, it's just that they're made for specific versions of a game and updates usually break them. It'll be updated soon probably.

Otherwise, use this: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=458045118

Yeah tahts what I figured it was them literally chaning it from v 1.01 to v 1.02 or some small stupid word change.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Gunder posted:

Alex's weird weight lifting bro costume makes him look like a lovely extra from Pain & Gain.

"Why'd you make me do that to you, Ryu?! I have responsibilities! Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts! One of them is knocking someone the gently caress out!"

Zingih
Jan 2, 2013
Ultra 4 sides weren't actually identical either, there were lots of dumb unblockables and hit crossup, fall front setups that only worked on one side. I like how they somehow managed to make the situation even worse in 5.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

https://twitter.com/TOOLASSlSTED/status/715605570699595776

The explanation for why the Laura/Chun frametrap above doesn't work.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This game really is still in beta

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I like that the art team saved time by just hitting random on the character feature creator.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Yeah didn't they redo Cammy's face to look more human? They reeeeeeeeaaly need another pass or 3 for Ken.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think they actually changed Cammy's model, they just updated the lighting/shading.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

I laughed out loud at this for ages, and then it suddenly occurred to me, this might actually be real....

is this real or a photoshop? Its so loving funny!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

!Klams posted:

I laughed out loud at this for ages, and then it suddenly occurred to me, this might actually be real....

is this real or a photoshop? Its so loving funny!

It's Ken's head from the wonky costume photoshopped onto Ryo from KoF14's body.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
no thats the new character kevin masters

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Jmcrofts posted:

I don't think they actually changed Cammy's model, they just updated the lighting/shading.

Something like that. I think they darkened the color of her eyebrows \ hair or something. Early screenshots of her face looked really weird though. For some reason her face looks better on her battle costume and I'm not really sure why as I think her face is the same? Maybe it's because she has goggles on her forehead and her hair is different. I dunno.

SFV has some seriously weird looking hair. It's not so noticeable on characters with dark hair like Ryu, but Ken's hair is like a solid plastic piece... that clips into his shoulder.

Ken looks like this:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/175851560424973636/

or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWdgAMYjYSs

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the real answer is that rufus lost a lot of weight and killed ken and is pretending to be ken

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Played Alex a bit today to get his colors.

He is really fun.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I love Alex's #6 color, makes his hair and his whole look way better.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Dracula Factory posted:

I love Alex's #6 color, makes his hair and his whole look way better.

I've been rocking the one that makes him look like hulk hogan. I think that may be #6 of his battle outfit.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

https://twitter.com/TOOLASSlSTED/status/715605570699595776

The explanation for why the Laura/Chun frametrap above doesn't work.

So... this might be a terribly stupid question, but is there any real reason for the coordinates to be floating-point numbers? The precision of the grid positioning in the old CPS1/2/3 games felt just fine, IMO, and that had a total of maybe 700-800 possible X positions across the whole stage. Heck, shouldn't coarse quantisation reduce - albeit marginally - the potential for perceived randomness, even outside of edge cases like this one? Floating point feels like a fake upgrade of the same character as 3D hitboxes, and right now it's only looking slightly less offensive.

EDIT: Also, I want to play as CHUB-LI

my girlfriend is Legos fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 31, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

anime was right posted:

no thats the new character kevin masters

Kevin is good but we can do better.

Kevin Mashers makes sense for most low tier ken players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Ag Bengip posted:

So... this might be a terribly stupid question, but is there any real reason for the coordinates to be floating-point numbers?

Everything should be float for accuracy in programming.

They just shouldn't gently caress up the numbers they set them up this horribly.

That said this may be the result of someone forgetting to put a float and just setting a flat int value that gets converted into a float. If you take an int to a float or it can get a complete random .000 value loving it up.

Whereas if you set something as a float such as 4.0 you know you're getting exactly 4.0 instead of say 4.0001