Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Vladimir Simic posted:

You Don't think Co2 knows they hosed up with this move? They just turn their backs on the Largest Organized Coalition in Eve .. Numbers if not organized means poo poo but what a time to be alive mining to save the sov :)

Source your quotes please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Vladimir Simic posted:

You Don't think Co2 knows they hosed up with this move? They just turn their backs on the Largest Organized Coalition in Eve .. Numbers if not organized means poo poo but what a time to be alive mining to save the sov :)

Lol we are not in that good of shape.

The Co2 betrayal plot only works if we don't have our own capital fleet fully online at the time the supposedly smaller enemy super fleet is online. It would also apparently rely upon groups of dictors to be hanging out for apparently no reason.

The PL super fleet also makes sense to have on-line in case of an Imperium capital op or to act as a preventative measure hopefully ward off a capital escalation.

The supposed co2 trap would also require a number of different alliances to be involved with knowledge of the plan.

It is generally safer to assume that incompetence was involved rather than some conspiracy.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Torpor posted:

The PL super fleet also makes sense to have on-line in case of an Imperium capital op or to act as a preventative measure hopefully ward off a capital escalation.

PL can flash form supers in minutes, the fact that they were already logged in means they weren't in fact 'setting up the trap' and we're online as a potential response/deter Imperium Supers.

The whole 'IT'S A TRAP' narrative is woefully stupid and misinformed.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Xolve posted:

PL can flash form supers in minutes, the fact that they were already logged in means they weren't in fact 'setting up the trap' and we're online as a potential response/deter Imperium Supers.

mlyp

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Torpor posted:

Lol we are not in that good of shape.

The Co2 betrayal plot only works if we don't have our own capital fleet fully online at the time the supposedly smaller enemy super fleet is online. It would also apparently rely upon groups of dictors to be hanging out for apparently no reason.

The supposed co2 trap would also require a number of different alliances to be involved with knowledge of the plan.

It is generally safer to assume that incompetence was involved rather than some conspiracy.

Incompetence is much more believable when talking about FCON, RAZOR, or Goonswarm at the beginning of a war.
When i comes to CO2, considering they had planned for a while to turn on us, I think a trap is much more likely.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Xolve posted:

Remember the last time 3000 nerds formed up out of the blue for a IHUB? Yeah, me neither.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dalael posted:

Remember the last time 3000 nerds formed up out of the blue for a IHUB? Yeah, me neither.

Man there was some timers today but the most I seen out of ~the allies~ was 300

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Dalael posted:

crew posted:

You don't say? It's almost as if Wednesdays are not holiday weekends.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

crew posted:

Hooray! Wars over then.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Yall are awful defensive about a war you're supposed to be doing well in wassup

And quit posting in the wrong thread

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

You're not my space dad

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Or we can keep this thread since it's clearly superior in every way given.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

Or we can keep this thread since it's clearly superior in every way given.

It was until the 5th post.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's as bad of an :iceburn: as the time you followed me to a different thread to sperg about being made fun of in the EVE thread.

What I'm saying is, you should stop posting.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
I just caught up and the last two pages of this thread are really bad thanks to all the mighty forum myrmidons who got mixed up between threads and launched into defending their space tribes against scurrilous charges in spacecourt.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
that post too ^^

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

That's as bad of an :iceburn: as the time you followed me to a different thread to sperg about being made fun of in the EVE thread.

What I'm saying is, you should stop posting.

That time was really loving awful and you owned me as much as I self owned. You will always have my admiration for that day. :worship:
and no.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Dalael posted:

That time was really loving awful and you owned me as much as I self owned. You will always have my admiration for that day. :worship:
and no.

You are the epitome of :justpost: and im beginning to love you for it :allears:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This thread is also a good thread

Xolve posted:

PL/NC didn't need to be in on it for it to be a trap. In fact the trap likely would work better if PL/NC didn't know that it was in the works. CO2 would just have to get the move started and then say "oh hey guys, we can light a cyno for you if you want to dogpile some goon supers"

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

please be chill in the chill thread

hi endie how's things in PL, I hear you're having fun and stuff

I miss your OPs, samahiel's wasn't as good :(

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
today i poo poo on my keybkoard and then mashed my face against it

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Blazing Zero posted:

today i poo poo on my keybkoard and then mashed my face against it

ah you post in the dota thread too

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

not yet but ill take this as a recommendation

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

id also like to point out that reading all the posturing about this war is amazing. an unironic thanks from me, for yall writing it

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Blazing Zero posted:

not yet but ill take this as a recommendation

cant, it got gassed because its bad in a bad way

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

cant, it got gassed because its bad in a bad way

darthvaderno.swf

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

please be chill in the chill thread

hi endie how's things in PL, I hear you're having fun and stuff

I miss your OPs, samahiel's wasn't as good :(

I'm not Endie, but hey ChickenWing how are you? I am taking what I learnt in the right honorable Top Goon and teaching some of the interested Horde dudes about it. They love bombing runs and honestly I couldn't be happier they get a war to be a part of instead of reading. Also my dumb video explaining the war is at 25k views on YouTube, which is abnormal for my EVE videos.

Also Saturday marks the 1 year anniversary of Horde being founded so that should be fun.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm not Endie, but hey ChickenWing how are you? I am taking what I learnt in the right honorable Top Goon and teaching some of the interested Horde dudes about it. They love bombing runs and honestly I couldn't be happier they get a war to be a part of instead of reading. Also my dumb video explaining the war is at 25k views on YouTube, which is abnormal for my EVE videos.

Also Saturday marks the 1 year anniversary of Horde being founded so that should be fun.

Hi HendrUba TallarStij

You know what's funny? I don't think I ever actually launched a bomb while in topgoon. Glad you're having fun with it though, gotta teach those newbies how to accidentally pres butan and see who's not fast enough on the mwd off button.

Next teach them dictors and indirectly how to "accidentally" bubble their own fleets :sun:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The only thing i remember about Top Goon was that something went wrong during the Fountain War and TheAdj blamed us for it and demanded a complete overhaul of everything.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Goatman Sacks posted:

The only thing i remember about Top Goon was that something went wrong during the Fountain War and TheAdj blamed us for it and demanded a complete overhaul of everything.

That's probably about the last important thing that ever happened to us, yep.

e: i guess we also helped blackops blops IRC(?) into disbanding

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

Hi HendrUba TallarStij

You know what's funny? I don't think I ever actually launched a bomb while in topgoon. Glad you're having fun with it though, gotta teach those newbies how to accidentally pres butan and see who's not fast enough on the mwd off button.

Next teach them dictors and indirectly how to "accidentally" bubble their own fleets :sun:

Yep, there's also dudes learning interdictors & command destroyers. The latter of which are the best loving ships in EVE.

Goatman Sacks posted:

I was only in Top Goon during the start before being kicked out of the alliance entirely, but I don't really recall any thing dumb we did. If I remember correctly were were staging out of Serpentis Prime (or whatever that NPC system nearby was) and having a blast not being in the TiDi fuckfests.

I do remember fondly during the first big fight (JSA?), my brother who was in Waffles and I were in Interceptors and found each other and just orbited each other's ship while shooting the poo poo and watching a movie. Good times.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 31, 2016

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yep, there's also dudes learning interdictors & command destroyers. The latter of which are the best loving ships in EVE.

I haven't touched CDs yet. Hell, I haven't even used a T3D beyond flying it in a circle and playing space transformer.

seven loving days until I can be shot of this whole "school" business and fly a spaceship again

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

I haven't touched CDs yet. Hell, I haven't even used a T3D beyond flying it in a circle and playing space transformer.

seven loving days until I can be shot of this whole "school" business and fly a spaceship again

CD's are amazing. If you get two or three, you can chain bazooka people off an undock right towards your buddies and kill them. We did that to SMA a few times and it never stops being funny simply because of the confusion the victim has during it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So from what I'm reading, goons lost their territory because they failed to adapt to mechanics changes, again. Not as funny as when they forgot to pay the power bill.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty much.

The blame they're putting on the lone dev who posted the new mechanics' dev blog is pretty funny though.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Unguided posted:

So from what I'm reading, goons lost their territory because they failed to adapt to mechanics changes, again. Not as funny as when they forgot to pay the power bill.

Are you reading reddit? Goons lost territory because holy god we have too much loving space, and every space personality with a rifter and a grudge has come to grind their way to Deklein.

Basically we just have to hold them until they realize how much they really hate each other, then they'll all splinter off into their respective factions again and we can surge back out to full turgidness.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Pretty much.

The blame they're putting on the lone dev who posted the new mechanics' dev blog is pretty funny though.

Never not shoot the messenger.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unguided posted:

you're reading dumbass poo poo by dumbasses please get off reddit

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

you're reading dumbass poo poo by dumbasses

That's what I get for reading the actual thread and trying to decipher the :words:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unguided posted:

That's what I get for reading the actual thread and trying to decipher the :words:

its like 50/50 right now TRUE GOONS POSTING GOOD THINGS AOBUT GOONFLEET/people returning and asking about the war, and people talking about poo poo they dont know or Bad Guys (the other side of the war) kind of spinning poo poo, or actual retards with bad gimmicks

• Locked thread