Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, I know. But I think those crying foul, missed the point I was making. To wit: how many cat pics, recipes etc haven't we endured around here? Did I say anything? Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRh_vgS2dFE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

D_Smart posted:

Did I say anything? Nope.
Derek, on ELE.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I'm sure we'll all go ballistic once there's something else to discuss.

Endless speculation about a thing DS already knows about isn't really fun for the rest of us.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
Derek, I got your back.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

AtV in 20 mins

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why did we join this guy's cult again?

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
Well that was a weird page

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

:fedora:

Codekeeper
Feb 10, 2013

Innocence proves nothing.

D_Smart posted:

I am on p2788.

When I get to the current last page (2798) that I am on now, for every loving Ryan Archer post that I see, I won't post for 1 day. e.g. if I see 10 posts after p2798, that's 10 days that I won't post.

And when I do come back, I will start reading from page count + number of days. Which means that every thing that came before, I will neither read, nor respond to.

So yeah, you loving idiots need to stop with this Ryan Archer poo poo and go create another thread for it.

That is all.

Congratulations on making this threat all about RYAN ARCHER

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

D_Smart posted:

You missed the point. But hey, it makes no difference to me either way.

well if its something you can't talk about for legal reasons or whatever there are much better ways of communicating that. the post you wrote makes it sound like you're just flipping out because its not directly related to your warlording.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Daztek posted:

AtV in 20 mins

okay but how late will it be?

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I think it's all very interesting and it's all SC related anyway so lets be cool :shobon:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, I know. But I think those crying foul, missed the point I was making. To wit: how many cat pics, recipes etc haven't we endured around here? Did I say anything? Nope.

Would you care to restate your point then. Until you or CIG or whoever provides something else to talk about, the thread is going to fluctuate all over the place. The Ryan Archer stuff is semitopical and easy for a lot of people to point and laugh at, at least until we get to this E.L.E. or whatever you've been hyping.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

BMan posted:

Ryan Archer RYAN ARCHER RYAN ARCHER

Original do not steel

drat near spit out my drink my man

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 31, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

I am on p2788.

When I get to the current last page (2798) that I am on now, for every loving Ryan Archer post that I see, I won't post for 1 day. e.g. if I see 10 posts after p2798, that's 10 days that I won't post.

And when I do come back, I will start reading from page count + number of days. Which means that every thing that came before, I will neither read, nor respond to.

So yeah, you loving idiots need to stop with this Ryan Archer poo poo and go create another thread for it.

That is all.

In fairness to others, I have to re-think my position.

So new rules. For every loving Ryan Archer post, which means 1 day of my not posting AND skipping pages, I want to see at least 4 non-RA posts. So that's a good ratio and it means that I won't miss that many pages.

But seriously, unlike my reading every page religiously, if this RA bullshit continues, even with the above ratio, it just means a lot of skipped pages containing stuff directed at me; and which will never get replies.

ps. E.L.E. in-bound

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

D_Smart posted:

So new rules. For every loving Ryan Archer post, which means 1 day of my not posting AND skipping pages, I want to see at least 4 non-RA posts. So that's a good ratio and it means that I won't miss that many pages.

But seriously, unlike my reading every post religiously, if this RA bullshit continues, even with the above ratio, it just means a lot of skipped pages containing stuff directed at me; and which will never get replies.

Nope, still go gently caress yourself.

The End.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

A dumb idea poorly exeucted!

i read that in a down syndrome voice.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

D_Smart posted:

But seriously, unlike my reading every page religiously, if this RA bullshit continues, even with the above ratio, it just means a lot of skipped pages containing stuff directed at me; and which will never get replies.

I'm sure those posters will either ask you again, or will live without. Tough burden I know, but you don't have to sacrifice yourself for us.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

ZenMaster posted:

:siren: Who wants to learn art the Ryan Archer way? :siren:

https://sendvid.com/n6fln1tn

I am dying.

I am dying.

I am ded

Those folder names.

:perfect:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sickening posted:

Nope, still go gently caress yourself.

The End.

You're not very bright are you? Your post just helped the ratio quota.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

We just need Eonwe to post a few pages about animes

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Don't tell people your personal kryptonite Derek, especially here. The recipe poo poo bores the hell out of me but you say anything about it and you'll only make it worse.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D_Smart posted:

Just go with flow. It's ok if you're not fond of the Ryan Archer stuff. I enjoy the stuff about Star Citizen being a technical and financial disaster far more, but the plagiarism poo poo is a good palate cleanser.

The Jessica Biel Sandi stand-up was sublime, even you have to admit that. Just imagine how pissed she was to know she was carting around and showing off Jessica Biel.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

D_Smart posted:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Aww man that's clever. :five::five::five:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Do remember that mods can help you if you desire a self imposed moratorium on this, or any thread for that matter.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
You better ask Archer to trace you an abacus, because boy howdy are you going to have some posts to count.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

D_Smart posted:

lol checkmate

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I'm really looking forward to reading about this on r/dereksmart

e; ryan archer

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I fully expect this thread to pop into FYAD or at least GBS tomorrow so maybe it's best Derek stops posting/reading anyway.

also Ryan Archer.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Derek how many people will jump ship today?*

*Not counting anyone called Ryan.

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.

D_Smart posted:

Outsmarted

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

D_Smart posted:

ps. E.L.E. in-bound

For every loving Derek Smart Anti Ryan Archer post, which means precisely gently caress-all, we want to see 1 post that isn't vaguer than Chris' pronunciation. So that's a good ratio and it means you won't be constantly laughed at.

But seriously, you're going to read every page religiously, you're far too committed to your own bullshit & need to get all the "in jokes", there's no way you're skipping pages & possibly not get a joke or two.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daztek posted:

We just need Eonwe to post a few pages about animes

anime, is in fact, good

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Toops posted:

LMFAO IT DOESN'T STOP!!! AAAHAHAHAHA!!

gently caress that dude.

This forever and ever

Fool yourself once, that's faith, fool yourself again, that's space court

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

What's everyones favourite Derek quirk? Lets cheer the old lug up.

Mine is how when he's quoting a post that quotes something he's written he edits his own words back into their quote because he loves the sound of his own voice lmao

the Archer stuff has been the funniest stuff in the thread lately, don't make us choose between Derek and Ryan we love them equally

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

On the other hand I have to concede that the ele came right on time

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

D_Smart posted:

I hate to shatter your illusions but if you never posted on SA ever again this thread would still exist and just as much information would end up in it.

Actually, it would probably have less blue balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Eonwe posted:

anime, is in fact, good

Let us talk at length about the latest light novel adaptations

• Locked thread