Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

waitwhatno posted:

Is there too much lead in the Berlin tap water of something? Can someone with legal knowledge explain how Beleidigung could ever be considered straflindernd?

Is Heiko Maas a douchebro who never grew up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

blowfish posted:

"Schwere Beleidigung" shouldn't be a reason. It's basically Eherenmord (but totally not for religious/cultural reasons). We are a civilised society and people shouldn't get allowances for being unable to check their temper.

I totally agree. If you kill a person who insulted you deeply just now, we already have that law:

Wikipedia on Totschlag posted:

In § 213 StGB ist der minder schwere Fall des Totschlags geregelt. Er ermöglicht eine mildere Bestrafung desjenigen, der ohne eigene Schuld durch eine ihm oder einem Angehörigen gegenüber begangene Misshandlung oder schwere Beleidigung zum Zorn gereizt und auf der Stelle zur Tat hingerissen wurde. [...] § 213 StGB stellt keinen eigenen Tatbestand, sondern ebenfalls eine Strafzumessungsregel dar, die den Regelstrafrahmen des Totschlages auf ein Jahr bis zu zehn Jahre absenkt.

If, on the other hand, you get insulted, go home, mull the thing over, and then go back and murder the guy, you absolutely should get the normal punishment for murder.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

pidan posted:

I totally agree. If you kill a person who insulted you deeply just now, we already have that law:

If, on the other hand, you get insulted, go home, mull the thing over, and then go back and murder the guy, you absolutely should get the normal punishment for murder.

The whole point of the reform seems to be to extend the period in which murdering someone is more acceptable, because people feel like the current law unfairly discriminates against the physically weaker, who are not able to kill someone in affect, but need to use some kind of malice, e.g. poison someone in his sleep, to achieve the same result.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
[quote="Strafgesetzbuch (StGB)
§ 34 Rechtfertigender Notstand"]
Wer in einer gegenwärtigen, nicht anders abwendbaren Gefahr für Leben, Leib, Freiheit, Ehre, Eigentum oder ein anderes Rechtsgut eine Tat begeht, um die Gefahr von sich oder einem anderen abzuwenden, handelt nicht rechtswidrig, wenn bei Abwägung der widerstreitenden Interessen, namentlich der betroffenen Rechtsgüter und des Grades der ihnen drohenden Gefahren, das geschützte Interesse das beeinträchtigte wesentlich überwiegt. Dies gilt jedoch nur, soweit die Tat ein angemessenes Mittel ist, die Gefahr abzuwenden.[/quote]

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Yes, Germany does indeed have baggage leftover from our glorious Prussian past.

Fiet Fiet
Jun 22, 2009

blowfish posted:

Is Heiko Maas a douchebro who never grew up?

Maas is an Antifa-Activist in a tailor-made suit.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/panorama/wien-blick-aufs-handy-des-sitznachbarn-fuehrt-zu-flugzeugraeumung-1.2923757

:allears:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

I wonder what would happen if someone browses something awful in an airport and the screen is filled by the Al-Aqsa brigades avatar of some leftover LF goon

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Nevermind that, remember the logo.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

Nevermind that, remember the logo.

Reminds me of the time some guy got arrested at the airport for having "atom bomb" tattooed on his hand

az
Dec 2, 2005

blowfish posted:

I wonder what would happen if someone browses something awful in an airport and the screen is filled by the Al-Aqsa brigades avatar of some leftover LF goon

I can tell you from experience that some people aren't down with al aqsa irl.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

blowfish posted:

az posted:

I can tell you from experience that some people aren't down with al aqsa irl.
I'm shocked, shocked that rockin' a gang tang for a proscribed terrorist organization in the U.S. and E.U. attracts attention from security services.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Omi-Polari posted:

I'm shocked, shocked that rockin' a gang tang for a proscribed terrorist organization in the U.S. and E.U. attracts attention from security services.

Heh, they don't give a gently caress, or at least they didn't use to when I was part of the apparatus. 90% of offense comes from students that walk around with "how dare you" imprinted on their faces as part of their normal modop.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Omi-Polari posted:

Goons only destroy their own lives, not the lives of others. Except for the occasional Assad/Putin mercenary, some murderers here and there, some pedophiles and a couple of large scale drug manufacturers, goons are pretty harmless people and police has no business stalking them on this forum.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Turkey's president Erdogan is trying to get extra3's song about him off the air. Ordered the german ambassador to the turkish foreign ministry and all.
What kind of poo poo-tier dicta- autocrat is so insecure that a bad karaoke cover of a Nena song punctures his ego?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2e2yHjc_mc

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Lunar Suite posted:

What kind of poo poo-tier dicta- autocrat is so insecure that a bad karaoke cover of a Nena song punctures his ego?

Erdogan.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Lunar Suite posted:

Turkey's president Erdogan is trying to get extra3's song about him off the air. Ordered the german ambassador to the turkish foreign ministry and all.

The funny part is that the song got ~2.65 million views since Erdogan complaint vs ~60k before that and that's not even including the version with Turkish subtitles, which was only created because of the complaint and got >127k views in less than a day.

But Jan Fleischhauer has the best assessment of the true damage Erdogan caused https://twitter.com/janfleischhauer/status/715061707958300672

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Jan Fleischhauer has the best nothing of gently caress-all, he's an ugly wart on the face of journalism.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Lunar Suite posted:

It's an easy mistake to make. Erdogan wouldn't know anything public media that aren't completely state-controlled, so he probably thought the video was Merkel calling him an idiot in a roundabout way.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Perestroika posted:

It's an easy mistake to make. Erdogan wouldn't know anything public media that aren't completely state-controlled, so he probably thought the video was Merkel calling him an idiot in a roundabout way.

Yeah, he's probably thinking "I'd never have my journalists say something like that about you!"

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

pidan posted:

Yeah, he's probably thinking "I'd never have my journalists say something like that about you!"

But he's definitely petty enough that it might happen now. I would not at all be surprised -- in fact I kinda expect it.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
watch erdogan start a loving war!

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

botany posted:

Jan Fleischhauer has the best nothing of gently caress-all, he's an ugly wart on the face of journalism.

Please show us on this doll where the bad man touched you

Drone posted:

But he's definitely petty enough that it might happen now. I would not at all be surprised -- in fact I kinda expect it.

Nah, he needs Merkel more than Merkel needs him, even though you wouldn't get that impression at first.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

GaussianCopula posted:

Please show us on this doll where the bad man touched you

sure http://www.spiegel.de/thema/spon_fleischhauer/

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Böhmermann is at it again, and has decided to explain to us what it means to be DEUTSCH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMQkV5cTuoY

I kind of like it, but it's no Polizistensohn.

az
Dec 2, 2005

pidan posted:

Böhmermann is at it again, and has decided to explain to us what it means to be DEUTSCH:

Lmao those comments, nationalist dorks are really quick when salty.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

az posted:

Lmao those comments, nationalist dorks are really quick when salty.

quote:

The Golden One1 hour ago (edited)
Bring Angela Merkel to court for treason.

489 likes

Okay then.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

pidan posted:

He overshoots his target when he propagates that the Burqa is part of German culture/Germany. I don't mind a modern Islam, but we don't need the Wahhabist variant here just because it irritates the idiots in the AfD. But I guess this follows a trend in the media, where you either are a supporter of the AfD or vote Greens, with nothing in between.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

GaussianCopula posted:

He overshoots his target when he propagates that the Burqa is part of German culture/Germany. I don't mind a modern Islam, but we don't need the Wahhabist variant here just because it irritates the idiots in the AfD. But I guess this follows a trend in the media, where you either are a supporter of the AfD or vote Greens, with nothing in between.

That's not a Burqa, that's a Nikab.

az
Dec 2, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

Besides not having any idea what a Burqa is I love that the Greens are the extreme end of any spectrum in your world :allears:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

pidan posted:

That's not a Burqa, that's a Nikab.

You are right, but that makes my argument even stronger, because the Niqab and not Burqa is part of Wahhabist culture, while the Burqa is more a part of Afghani culture.

az posted:

Besides not having any idea what a Burqa is I love that the Greens are the extreme end of any spectrum in your world :allears:

I'm not sure where you got the idea that the Greens are the extreme end of the spectrum (hint: neither is the AfD) they simply are one pole in the current (social) media discussion in Germany.

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 31, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

GaussianCopula posted:

He overshoots his target when he propagates that the Burqa is part of German culture/Germany.
He's not saying that they're part of german culture, but that the person in the picture wearing it is a legal german citizen.

There's not even any need to interpret to understand that, the lyrics literally say exactly that.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Mithaldu posted:

He's not saying that they're part of german culture, but that the person in the picture wearing it is a legal german citizen.

There's not even any need to interpret to understand that, the lyrics literally say exactly that.

Well, given that the person in the video is first shown without a Niqab, she is probably an actress that doesn't wear the Niqab outside of this video anyway, but I'm not sure that's the message the song is supposed to convey.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

GaussianCopula posted:

Well, given that the person in the video is first shown without a Niqab, she is probably an actress that doesn't wear the Niqab outside of this video anyway, but I'm not sure that's the message the song is supposed to convey.

On the one hand you could wildly speculate and "read between the lines"; on the other hand you could read the subtitles which spell out the lyrics and believe they actually mean the words they say. Hmmm, tough.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

GaussianCopula posted:

The video is full of contradictory images. I imagine Böhmermann doesn't actually advocate running AfD-voters' votes through the shredder. I imagine he's aware that Arab-identified muslims and orthodox Jews don't normally hug in the streets and that niqabi women don't hold hands with male strangers. Creating some level of cognitive dissonance is kind of Böhmermann's thing.

az
Dec 2, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

I'm not sure where you got the idea that the Greens are the extreme end of the spectrum

GaussianCopula posted:

But I guess this follows a trend in the media, where you either are a supporter of the AfD or vote Greens, with nothing in between.

This is what you believe, functionally your perception of reality, in your words. You literally created a spectrum. Spectra are ranges or sequences of things, such as colors, beliefs or whatever else you want to plot on them. I shouldn't have to explain this but you charted a spectrum from Afd to the Greens, fin.
I'm not even talking about how ridiculous it is that you think the media is carrying the torch for a political party because that party does ...something? How you perceive any non acceptance of the Afd in the media as embracing the Green party of all things is really weird and speaks volumes about what you think about this entire subject and the poor Greens.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

az posted:

This is what you believe, functionally your perception of reality, in your words. You literally created a spectrum. Spectra are ranges or sequences of things, such as colors, beliefs or whatever else you want to plot on them. I shouldn't have to explain this but you charted a spectrum from Afd to the Greens, fin.
I'm not even talking about how ridiculous it is that you think the media is carrying the torch for a political party because that party does ...something? How you perceive any non acceptance of the Afd in the media as embracing the Green party of all things is really weird and speaks volumes about what you think about this entire subject and the poor Greens.

So if I said there are no colors in the spectrum of colors between blue and green (disregarding certain shades of blue and green) that would mean I denied the existence of all other colors?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

pidan posted:

I imagine Böhmermann doesn't actually advocate running AfD-voters' votes through the shredder.

Yeah, seriously, it should be the AfD voters who should be run through a shredder.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
RIP
https://twitter.com/BR24/status/715843798622986244

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

I wish his party had died instead of him.