Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Does the fur cup keep showing up just because it sounds like fuckup, or is there something more to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

ro5s posted:

Does the fur cup keep showing up just because it sounds like fuckup, or is there something more to it?

The first. It's a very large fur cup that follows Osborne around. Sometimes even a massive fur cup.

No Growth Sloth this time though. I hope the Growth Sloth is okay.

Fans fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 1, 2016

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
So the gibber kit and unravelling budgies mean what then?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Cliff Racer posted:

So the gibber kit and unravelling budgies mean what then?

Unraveling Budgies is a reference to the Unraveling Budget.

The Gibbet Kit I don't think is a play on words. A gibbet's one of these, presumably to go with the hangsman rope and it's "Do it yourself" in reference to how Osborne is destroying his own chance of a career.

But it might also be a pun I just didn't get.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Personally I miss the THIS GOVERNMENT INSTALLATION IS A SERCO PROPERTY etc. sign.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Fans posted:

The first. It's a very large fur cup that follows Osborne around. Sometimes even a massive fur cup.

No Growth Sloth this time though. I hope the Growth Sloth is okay.

So many of the omnishambles menagerie was left back in that yellow wasteland they wandered around 2010-2014.
Miss 'em all. Triple Diplodocus. The Credit A's. "Danny" Alexander.

edited to add:
really big fur cup! huge growth sloth!

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 1, 2016

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Dabir posted:

That's motherfucking Meatwad's face on that there cup.
And Gideon seems to have a mini rage face meme thing on his nose.

Venmoch
Jan 7, 2007

Either you pay me or I flay you alive... With my mind!

Guavanaut posted:

And Gideon seems to have a mini rage face meme thing on his nose.

Is that not Sajid Javid?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Rowson seems to have drawn him as this though

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Buddy you're meme-sick.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Redeye Flight posted:

This loving thing again. And again, and again, and ad infinitum nauseum. "WHY SHOULD WE GIVE MONEY OTHER PEOPLE WHEN NOT ENOUGH MONEY US?!"
And most of the money DOES go to British firms, so he's completely full of poo poo as well as a total oval office.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

And most of the money DOES go to British firms, so he's completely full of poo poo as well as a total oval office.
The problem is that the net transfer is one from British taxpayers to British businesses, and a lot of the foreign aid is used to buy things that are used for the propping up of oppressive regimes, not for the betterment of people overseas.
People that win: British businesses, foreign governments. People that lose: British and foreign proles.
Unfortunately a lot of people hate foreign aid simply because they think it means that foreigns roll around all day in their taxes, and so would be against any form of reform at all.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Buddy you're meme-sick.
Not my fault that Javid looks like a bad meme.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oh, sure. But this is the point he was making:

Guavanaut posted:

Unfortunately a lot of people hate foreign aid simply because they think it means that foreigns roll around all day in their taxes, and so would be against any form of reform at all.

which is a whole other kettle of fish to a potentially okay system being corrupt. Mac is just a oval office.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on George Osborne's proposed cuts to public spending – The chancellor said cuts to public spending would be ‘equivalent to 50p in every £100’ spent by 2020, ‘not a huge amount in the scheme of things’"

Telegraph:

Tata Steel: David Cameron raises concerns with Xi Jinping

Independent:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Chris Riddell on the prime minister’s response to Port Talbot’s woes - David Cameron’s decisive intervention in the steel crisis"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Nuclear terrorist attack would 'change our world', says Obama

And since Xander77 mentioned how bad Punch cartoons were in the other thread, I'm responding to him with these examples.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the EU-Turkey migration deal – Greek officials have insisted hundreds of refugees will be deported to Turkey as part of a controversial EU deal, despite doubts over its implementation"

Telegraph:

Anti-doping: Government inquiry into Ukad's doctor probe

Independent:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and the Panama Papers – Prime minister’s father ran an offshore fund that avoided ever having to pay tax in Britain"

Telegraph:

Panama Papers: Putin associates linked to 'money laundering'

Independent:

Times:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

While it's not a good-looking or particularly smart cartoon, I would like to hang out with that lady.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
I don't have anything to say about the cartoons posted lately so I'd just like to compliment the decision to make the label for this thread in the D&D index the word "GROSS" in puke-color emblazoned on a field of poo poo.

Cloud Potato posted:

And since Xander77 mentioned how bad Punch cartoons were in the other thread, I'm responding to him with these examples.

These just looked like New Yorker cartoons to me, so I looked up "C. Barsotti."
He was American (died 2014) and was a New Yorker cartoonist. Small world of lame one-panel cartoons.

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 5, 2016

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

nobodyssweetheart posted:

I don't have anything to say about the cartoons posted lately so I'd just like to compliment the decision to make the label for this thread in the D&D index the word "GROSS" in puke-color emblazoned on a field of poo poo.

Thank you. :yayclod: We work with the tools we have.

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and the Panama Papers - The prime minister today gave only partial answers over his links to an offshore fund set up by his late father"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... World leaders using tax havens

Guardian Sport:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Sharks here representing... journalists? the electorate?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Actual live sharks to which the bastard will be fed.

It's an obscure tradition dating back to the time of the Tudors, honest.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't even like sports but the guardian sport is really quite funny a lot of the time.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

If you look at the Telegraph cartoons you notice anything bad news for the conservatives is some outside force being cruel to rosey cheeked Cameron, while anything bad that happens to Labour is due to the malicious stupidity of the Labour Leader.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

The idiotic braying public who don't know what's good for them.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
X from the UKMT thread...

twoot posted:

The Green's party broadcast is pretty funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2dNEQiHUUo
Little Teresa is scarily accurate
It's cartoon-ish so it goes here.

possibly child abuse to make a child be george osborne

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Days off are nice.

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on No 10 and the Panama Papers – Downing Street refuses to answer further questions about David Cameron’s involvement with a multimillion-pound offshore fund set up by his late father"

"Steve Bell on David Cameron profiting from his father's offshore fund – After three days of stalling, the PM admitted he had owned shares in the tax haven fund which he sold for £31,500 in 2010"

"Martin Rowson on the fallout from the Panama Papers – Politicians, businessmen and celebrities worldwide have been caught up in the storm caused by the leak of law firm Mossack Fonseca’s documents – not least of them the UK prime minister" After Nedeljkovich, Brashich, & Kuharich

Telegraph:

EU referendum: Government to spend £9m on leaflets to every home

The Grand National

Independent:

After Theodoor van Thulden

The i paper:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... David Cameron's tax affairs

'David. There's a gentleman from the Inland Revenue to see you... David?'

Mac on... Pro-EU leaflets

Stephen Collins:

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"David Cameron explains his offshore interests - Chris Riddell on the prime minister’s place in the Panama Papers"

Sunday Telegraph:

Archbishop of Canterbury learns real father was Churchill's private secretary

Independent:

Bonus! Some Norwegian Newspaper:

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 10, 2016

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... World leaders using tax havens

Such itching loathing of the lower orders.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

That's both excellent and terrifying.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on David Cameron’s taxing week – The prime minister said it had ‘not been a great week’ following his admission that he profited from his late father’s offshore trust"

Telegraph:

The Masters

Times:

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Apr 12, 2016

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron's tax details – PM offers defence of his family’s tax affairs and his government’s anti-corruption record in attempt to draw line under offshore controversy"

Bonus! LDN magazine:

London mayoral election, 2016

Telegraph:

Independent:

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
A couple years back there was an artist who did the skeletal anatomy of cartoon characters, all warped and deformed...

I suspect Rowson's pinpoint-focused hatred of Boris is they sound the same. I've heard R give lectures and it was Boris + ADD medication.

Why is Ed Miliband fourth in line? Is the answer "Adams can't draw?"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on George Osborne publishing his tax return summary – The chancellor published in an attempt to show greater government transparency following revelations in Panama Papers that the PM benefited from father’s offshore firm"

Telegraph:

Times:

Guardian Sport:

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
Looks like Daddy had the best boner of the family.

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

I know Corbyn's IRA connections are controversial but drawing him as Gerry Adams seems a bit over the top.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
What does the flat cap one even mean? Is it corbyn is secretly posh or something? oh it's a pun on council estate nvm.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's a pun on council estate, Corbyn's hat, and the flat cap being the traditional headgear of manual workers for a while.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
What's that on top of Boris' head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

His hair?