Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Party Plane Jones posted:

I playtested for EA and got it through there and the codes were right in the cases. Incidentally the PC version of Battlefront is literally just an empty case with Origin codes inside, the TOR code, and an ad for the Battlefront season pass, which is weird.

Cases? I got it on PC so no physical case. I just assumed I'd get the code by email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

I forgot about how every single thing was voiceovered in this game. They probably single-handedly propped up the entire voiceover industry while this was in dev.

Funny thing, when I got back on my ship, every companion wanted to have 10 conversations with me. In a 30 minute period I romanced Ashara, watched Andronikos go on missions twice, geeked out with archaeologist dude companion, and talked to Khem/Zash and went to Hoth to press a button. I got an entire level just from conversations.

I also remembered how expensive companion missions are and how it feels to be spacepoor (~10k credits).

Should I take the common crystals reward if I don't want the other rewards from a mission?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Stalkerr posted:

Should I take the common crystals reward if I don't want the other rewards from a mission?

Yes

E: unless you want the clothing for dress-up. The stats on those items will be far worse than anything you can buy with comms.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Stalkerr posted:

Get the data crystals. You can get some decent welfare gear if you don't want to run dungeons and you can buy gifts that sell for up to about $40k for 10 data crystals.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Cases? I got it on PC so no physical case. I just assumed I'd get the code by email.

This is what the PC version's case looks like, it basically just contains those 3 slips of paper:

If you bought the game off Amazon or GMG or something the second code is probably still in your games library unused. It's a 16 digit code.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Delerion posted:

Any EU goons playing this? Playing on the us server or eu?

I'm in the US guild but during my primetime its usually just me online, though maybe it's just due to no new content in a while.

Im EU goon in the US guilds. Theres at least 1 other EU dude i can name, Jgant on the forum

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

thrakkorzog posted:

(What happened to my Aussies?)
Can't speak for the others but I took a two week vacation coinciding with Easter and I haven't had much time to log on recently. I'll be back on over the weekend I expect.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Yay I got one of my strongholds to 50%

Now I just need to get 5 of your dorks to visit one of them at the same time for the achievement.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons

Richard M Nixon posted:

Get the data crystals. You can get some decent welfare gear if you don't want to run dungeons and you can buy gifts that sell for up to about $40k for 10 data crystals.

What are these hot gifts you can resell?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Althair posted:

I forgot which it was, but most of the rank 5 pink items will sell for 20-30k on Harbinger, and I've seen a few go for 40k at odd midweek times. If you don't mind sitting and waiting for massive sell-offs and idiot undercutters to clear out.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Althair posted:

Not Courting.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

I've got several codes for that Tauntaun Mount/Thermal Retention Suit pack if anybody wants them.

If you still have a tauntaun I'd take one off your hands.

Mgant
Nov 26, 2005

Best in the West

Ineptitude posted:

Im EU goon in the US guilds. Theres at least 1 other EU dude i can name, Jgant on the forum

EU goon. No problems playing on the us servers. Also you can make fun of the yanks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mgant posted:

EU goon. No problems playing on the us servers. Also you can make fun of the yanks.

I've seen you play. There's *some* problems playing...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh snap newest Rebels Malachor is now Canon!

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

Oh snap newest Rebels Malachor is now Canon!

That was an amazing episode. From some of the interviews about how's he's trying to get approval on the source of that voice and that it sounds like it's Darth Traya's Holocron

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Mgant posted:

Brit here, only problem with the server is everyone wants to do raids and poo poo midnight onwards my time but ping and everything is just dandy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Iron Tusk posted:

That was an amazing episode. From some of the interviews about how's he's trying to get approval on the source of that voice and that it sounds like it's Darth Traya's Holocron

It really is a great show. I can't stand the spinny lightsabers the Inquisitors have, and not a huge fan of Ezra's blaster saber but I do have to accept it's a kid's show at heart.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

It really is a great show. I can't stand the spinny lightsabers the Inquisitors have, and not a huge fan of Ezra's blaster saber but I do have to accept it's a kid's show at heart.

"Do you know what I've become?"

Yeah Rebels is good stuff.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hahaha you can tell when it's a lovely conquest week when it's Thursday and #10 has just under 200k points.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Mgant posted:

Thought it was Jgant...

Yeah ping is no problem as an EU player. Its much worse trying to play e.g. FFXIV on US server (average 350 ms)

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

While slicing on yavin I noticed quite a few people that looked like they were botting the nodes. Does BW not ban this type of thing ?

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

Got an email or Steam ID or something I can message you on? You've got the last one I have.

I am also General Maximus on Steam, yes. This should get you my profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197974048807
If not just search for my name I guess, it'll give a pile of results. I'm the one in New Zealand.

Someday I'll get around to buying the thing that lets me get private messages here.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Bob NewSCART posted:

While slicing on yavin I noticed quite a few people that looked like they were botting the nodes. Does BW not ban this type of thing ?

As much as they ban gold spammers.

Mgant
Nov 26, 2005

Best in the West

Medullah posted:

I've seen you play. There's *some* problems playing...

Put on your PvP armours!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
No April Fools' update for us this year? :(

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

General Maximus posted:

I am also General Maximus on Steam, yes. This should get you my profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197974048807
If not just search for my name I guess, it'll give a pile of results. I'm the one in New Zealand.

Someday I'll get around to buying the thing that lets me get private messages here.

Invite sent.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Nipponophile posted:

Yeah, they're gonna fix all the raid bugs and the lag spikes.

Nah, just fuckin' with you--it's still gonna suck.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

I think that anything they announce will be less of a joke than the actual rewards they've provided already.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Hello again thread. So i got to the end of KOTFE content (didn't do any of the repeatable stuff once you get your base), what's been added since?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Thyrork posted:

Hello again thread. So i got to the end of KOTFE content (didn't do any of the repeatable stuff once you get your base), what's been added since?

More HK-55-inspired gear

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
No new chapters yet? :raise:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

One a month. We're at 11 now, with 12 set to launch in a few.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Dulfy put up some item previews for the Cartel pack coming out with Chapter 13 and I'm pretty sure the Analog Load Lifter should be a required mount for any characters in Fleet Maintenance.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Fuschia. Hmm....

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
How long/good are the new episodes? I've been curious as to whether I should check out the new stuff.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Robutt posted:

How long/good are the new episodes? I've been curious as to whether I should check out the new stuff.

Honestly at this point I'd just wait and sub for a month once the kotfe content is all finished in August.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
Yeah, probably the best course of action. Where did they say kotfe would be done by august? I mean I'd always like something a little different every few years but my impression of BioWare when they first announced kotfe was that they had finally found their viable business model and planned to milk it for years to come. Though I guess you can do that with any storyline I just expected it to be one storyline that goes on for as long its profitable.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
episodes 10 and 11 are Not Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Turbl posted:

Dulfy put up some item previews for the Cartel pack coming out with Chapter 13 and I'm pretty sure the Analog Load Lifter should be a required mount for any characters in Fleet Maintenance.

Wow. I've still got some work to do on that one, too.

It's weird how quick stuff gets out sometimes.

• Locked thread