Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Hey, only 1 hour late finish this time. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I honestly never "seriously" watched Liquid when he was calling. But after watching his stream, his videos and now this major it's pretty clear the dude is extremely intelligent. Now we know he has the aim to back all of that up. I really hope he goes to a good team.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
How loving good is Simple, though

He's like a Ukrainan and actually good kennyS with a supporting but actually good team

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
adren's aiming videos taught me so much about cs i hope he gets signed to a cool team after this tournament :shobon:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Thom and the Heads posted:

adren's aiming videos taught me so much about cs i hope he gets signed to a cool team after this tournament :shobon:

maybe a team like liquid ought to pick him up

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I thought tsm already picked him up

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

maybe a team like liquid ought to pick him up

He's got a 1.20 rating so far this lan. loving insane.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Bohemian Nights posted:

I'm late to the party but fnatic lost 0-2 to TSM? What the fuuuuuuuckl

:denmark: > :sweden:

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Google Butt posted:

oh poo poo they did. hopefully he'll get signed to a cool team that doesn't have fns on it heh

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko

dex_sda posted:

Yeah he's been a rock since the qualifiers. So happy for him to be shutting up the twelve year old thorin parrot squad; he's one of the nicest dudes in the scene and didn't deserve all the poo poo he was given.

He kind of did, though. Mind you, I'm speaking strictly of criticizing him as a player because like you said, he seems like a great person and chill dude. He didn't seem to be a particularly good IGL and his fragging was abysmal. All of this while being on one of the top NA teams.

I'm really happy that he gets to show everyone what he can do when he isn't concentrating on being an IGL because his performance has been very solid and he definitely had a big impact in Liquid's victories.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

a cs major without a swede playing in it is a joke, i've already uninstalled the game

Astralis better not gently caress this up for scandinavia, they knocked out fnatic so they better take responsibility for it

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Bohemian Nights posted:

Astralis better not gently caress this up for scandinavia, they knocked out fnatic so they better take responsibility for it

don't worry buddy the rock solid giants of cs go in scandinavia will carry their fallen brothers all the way to the semifinals and then crash horribly

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Big L posted:

He kind of did, though.

No, he didn't.

He was dire and deserved to be called out. He didn't deserve to be turned into a meme by loving Thorin. You forget that dude's been giving thousands of salty teenagers who lost skins a scapegoat. It's not a regular 'you suck bro'.

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 2, 2016

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've gotten no drops, and I've been running the stream the entire time in the background the last 3 days. What gives? My account is linked to steam and I've gotten drops at dreamhack.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Safety Scissors posted:

I've gotten no drops, and I've been running the stream the entire time in the background the last 3 days. What gives? My account is linked to steam and I've gotten drops at dreamhack.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress MLG.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
I did the math once and you'd average out like one drop every 200 matches or so, best case scenario. And that's assuming it doesn't let people get something twice. Sometimes the number of viewers has been so low it's almost hit a 1% chance per match, during poo poo nobody cares about.

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko

dex_sda posted:

No, he didn't.

He was dire and deserved to be called out. He didn't deserve to be turned into a meme by loving Thorin. You forget that dude's been giving thousands of salty teenagers who lost skins a scapegoat. It's not a regular 'you suck bro'.

I don't recall him being turned into a scapegoat (as in poo poo on in multiple reddit threads, made fun of repeatedly like JW, etc.). Certainly wouldn't deserve that treatment but like you said, he deserved to be called out.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Google Butt posted:

I think he just tried out for TSM. He didn't sign anything yet.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Safety Scissors posted:

ive watched every csgo major and have never had a drop

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Safety Scissors posted:

I've idled for (almost) every day for the last 3 majors and never gotten a drop. Welcome to the club dude.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Thom and the Heads posted:

I thought about it and I feel like C9 might drop FREAK and sign adreN. He can relieve n0thing of IGL duty so Jordan can be straight-up support or whatever else he does.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

I thought about it and I feel like C9 might drop FREAK and sign adreN. He can relieve n0thing of IGL duty so Jordan can be straight-up support or whatever else he does.

That would be a waste. We've seen that he can't IGL and frag at the same time.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Well n0thing can do the strats and adreN can do mid-round calls (which is what I think he's doing now).

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

A TURGID FATSO posted:

They have a coach now. They wouldn't really need a dedicated IGL but someone to make solid in-game decisions. And they sure as poo poo don't have any veteran leadership on that team.

\/ True. The team honestly needs to be scrubbed. Unless C9 really, truly changes the team will never get any consistent results.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 2, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

Well n0thing can do the strats and adreN can do mid-round calls (which is what I think he's doing now).

fennesz posted:

They have a coach now. They wouldn't really need a dedicated IGL but someone to make solid in-game decisions. And they sure as poo poo don't have any veteran leadership on that team.

While signing adreN would be good for them, it won't fix the main problem with C9: lack of dedication. They can switch around as many players as they want to, but as long as they still have n0thing, shroud, and skadoodle they are hosed. All three of those guys are not into buckling down and doing what needs to be done in order to stay on top of the NA scene, and it really has shown over the past few months. They will just continue to focus on streaming and not giving a poo poo as long as they can pull a paycheck.

spootime
Oct 31, 2010
I think Liquid should release koosta and put Adren back on the starting lineup based off of tomorrow's results. Is koosta honestly a better LAN awper than adren? I doubt it. Plus you lose his rifling abilities and lan/stratcalling experience.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

A TURGID FATSO posted:

While signing adreN would be good for them, it won't fix the main problem with C9: lack of dedication. They can switch around as many players as they want to, but as long as they still have n0thing, shroud, and skadoodle they are hosed. All three of those guys are not into buckling down and doing what needs to be done in order to stay on top of the NA scene, and it really has shown over the past few months. They will just continue to focus on streaming and not giving a poo poo as long as they can pull a paycheck.

Ska doesn't stream. But ya.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Google Butt posted:

Ska doesn't stream. But ya.

Oh. I thought he would every once in a while. I don't want streamers much so that's why I erroneously said that he did. Either way, shroud and n0thing are the harbinger of death for C9.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Oh. I thought he would every once in a while. I don't want streamers much so that's why I erroneously said that he did. Either way, shroud and n0thing are the harbinger of death for C9.
Skadoodle doesn't even like to go out in public.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i watched him stream one time.

i liked it cuz his stream wasnt plastered with all the poo poo everyone else puts up for donation links and top donators and daily subscribers and all that other stuff

but he seems like a real odd fellow thanks for reading.

spootime
Oct 31, 2010

A TURGID FATSO posted:

He doesn't stream but he also doesn't play counter strike

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

A TURGID FATSO posted:

While signing adreN would be good for them

spootime posted:

Is koosta honestly a better LAN awper than adren? I doubt it. Plus you lose his rifling abilities and lan/stratcalling experience.
lets uh not get ahead of ourselves here

he's up to 4 good maps but it has taken 3 years

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

For some reason I went into today trying to believe in CLG. That last series hurt so much.

I'm going to be waking up earlier so I can actually get a solid seat in the middle of everyone tomorrow.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Waltchelg posted:

For some reason I went into today trying to believe in CLG. That last series hurt so much.

I'm going to be waking up earlier so I can actually get a solid seat in the middle of everyone tomorrow.

Watching them play against gambit yesterday was really painful, so you shoulda been well prepared

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I remember the stream showing that one dude who was going nuts cheering for CLG. Poor guy.

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

That guy and the CLG Red girls were pretty much the only ones cheering for them by mirage.

Waltchelg fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 2, 2016

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Waltchelg posted:

I'm going to try to get a seat in the middle section. Not being able to see the player screens from the sides kind of sucks.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Safety Scissors posted:

About 7500 drops have been happening every game. Average viewership has been ~800k. There is a very good chance you do not get a drop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Stumbletron posted:

lets uh not get ahead of ourselves here

he's up to 4 good maps but it has taken 3 years

At this point if C9 signed me it would be good for them. They are dead in the water if they don't make any sort of change, period.