Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

You know how in an mmo that sometimes a level 80 hunter trains an endgame raid boss from all the way across the map to a peaceful village of level 1 newbies who are just totally overwhelmed for hours

Yeah

What does that make Koos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Enourmo posted:

I mean,

that's one sixth of one post

BKEW has written several hundred of those posts just on the topic of their "aspect inversion" theory

Was it ever confirmed that BKEW had some kind of low-level schizophrenia?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

RZApublican posted:

Hussie said in a previous news post that he has nearly a half-hours worth of flash animation ready to be used during the final updates, didn't he? Because unless I've miscounted the days we only have the updates tomorrow before we go on a short break, and after that it's only 40 pages until the End of Act Five update, to be followed by Act 7 in one day. Unless he sprinkles flashes in with those 40 pages he'll have to use the animation either during End of Act Five or Act 7. Are we really looking at a 30 minute Homestuck flash here?

I really really want it to be at least 40 minutes so it can open for a limited engagement in Los Angeles County theaters and be technically eligable for an Oscar. I guess you can always just concatenate Cascade and it or something, even as nonsense as that would be without context.

Urodov
Feb 14, 2016

bkew's poo poo is pretty interesting, but there isn't much space left for some of his theories to be revealed. for the controversial "inversion" thing in particular, i believe he said that if homestuck ends without it being pretty much explicitly confirmed, he would consider that a disconfirmation. i wonder if he really will change his mind..... i wonder if hussie will deliver any "word of god" statements on the content of the story after its conclusion. probably not, i suspect he'll want to dive right into whatever he's doing next, monster that he is.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Ariong posted:

I just had a thought. With her mind control nullified, the most powerful weapon the Condesce has is her psionics, particularly her eye lasers. That led me to another thought: It has been far too long since we've seen Rose apply knitting needles to someone's eyes.

Strictly speaking, now that it's not a chaotic clusterfuck of a mess, Condy might actually be out of her league.

I mean yeah, massive eye lasers and telekinesis, but she's fighting 3 God Tiers who have been god tiers for quite a while. One of whom seems to have powers well beyond his normal level, and no Bec/Jack/Jade/Jane to distract them.

Granted, it's not quite as bad as the Jack-off featuring the Striders and Terezi, but still.

Jakes about to get jumped, though.

Enourmo posted:

I mean,

that's one sixth of one post

BKEW has written several hundred of those posts just on the topic of their "aspect inversion" theory

The best part about BKEW is how terrifically wrong he is, but his scattershot approach means the one time out of a million he's right, he thinks he's got a flawless record.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Doctor What, when you eventually make it into this thread, just know a friendly face awaits you.

PlomBar.

If they're not friendly to you then I don't know what to tell ya man

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
I AM PLEASANT AND AGREEABLE, AND I WILL GENTLY LOWER A MAGNIFICENT, CORUSCATING COLUMN OF HOT gently caress YOU DOWN THE PROTEIN CHUTE OF ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Plom Bar posted:

I AM PLEASANT AND AGREEABLE, AND I WILL GENTLY LOWER A MAGNIFICENT, CORUSCATING COLUMN OF HOT gently caress YOU DOWN THE PROTEIN CHUTE OF ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE.

/

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
we are all perfectly delightful people in this, the thread for screaming the word "irony" while beating ourselves with chains

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It's funny that Toxx thinks Doctor What's posts in this thread are gonna be worse than his own

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
well at the very least, theyre considerably less angry

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

To me it's the idea that he can just call up some carpetbagger to start posting their breathless liveblogging theories in here and we're supposed to be shaking in our boots. In these days, the twilight of Homestuck, after five years and 1700+ pages, complete with lean years spent doing nothing but clawing at each other like wild animals.

Just another glob of phlegm in the bucket.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I grant the importance of striking poses, but I hope most of the god tiers will be fighting with their powers, not just with their fists and/or weapons. Assuming carapacians have souls, Dirk ought to be able to take out one Jack single-handed, for instance. I realize Striders gotta sword, but it does seem like a waste.

Also, Plom Bar, you have my axe. It's a labrys.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I grant the importance of striking poses, but I hope most of the god tiers will be fighting with their powers, not just with their fists and/or weapons. Assuming carapacians have souls, Dirk ought to be able to take out one Jack single-handed, for instance. I realize Striders gotta sword, but it does seem like a waste.

Also, Plom Bar, you have my axe. It's a labrys.

Well, Dave is almost definitely not going to time travel, but neither of the Jacks should be too difficult anyway.

And John has drilled through a planet, before. Dude better be using that terrifying command of the Breeze fighting the Batterwitch.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Android Blues posted:

It's funny that Toxx thinks Doctor What's posts in this thread are gonna be worse than his own

when did i say that

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Classtoise posted:

Well, Dave is almost definitely not going to time travel, but neither of the Jacks should be too difficult anyway.

And John has drilled through a planet, before. Dude better be using that terrifying command of the Breeze fighting the Batterwitch.

can't wait for john to show us that when it comes to demigods, their very breath is destruction

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

creationist believer posted:

/

Dang that's vintage.

Also shame on all of you for not knowing a good Karkat line when you see one

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm reasonably sure everybody recognized it, nobody felt the need to say so

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Tunicate posted:

What does that make Koos?

pre-nerf C'thun

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

That guy is a right oval office.

edit: not the dog. gently caress sake.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It would be weird to see a Jack die right now. They don't die, they inexplicably survive against all odds

Like Gamzee

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Just reread the sequence before Terezi: Remember. Really good stuff, and very relevant to the recent talk about multiple instances of people forming a whole the knowledge of which is a kind of apotheosis. In the context of the recent log on that subject it feels like even more of a redemptive moment for Terezi - and pretty impressive as well!

She talks about how perhaps she'll never be whole because she didn't complete her quest back in the trolls' session, but achieving awareness of her other self through her Mind powers actually seems like a belated moment of quest completion, when you think about it in the context of meta-awareness as enlightenment.

Android Blues fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 2, 2016

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dolash posted:

To me it's the idea that he can just call up some carpetbagger to start posting their breathless liveblogging theories in here and we're supposed to be shaking in our boots. In these days, the twilight of Homestuck, after five years and 1700+ pages, complete with lean years spent doing nothing but clawing at each other like wild animals.

Just another glob of phlegm in the bucket.

It's not supposed to be bad it's supposed to be exciting you cynical fucks!!!!!

I'm nice

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Regy Rusty posted:

It's not supposed to be bad it's supposed to be exciting you cynical fucks!!!!!

I'm nice

Why would it be exciting?

Oh wow, fresh hot take #1,382,494. I can't wait for that! Golly, do you suppose they'll figure out the terrible mystery of [x] before [y]?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

So a person is going to liveblog their opinions of Homestuck here? And it's an analitycal sort of person? That's cool. few livebloggers are, it might be interesting.

Who What Now posted:

Why would it be exciting?

Oh wow, fresh hot take #1,382,494. I can't wait for that! Golly, do you suppose they'll figure out the terrible mystery of [x] before [y]?

different people find different things exciting or amusing
i am sorry you had to find out this way

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Urodov posted:

bkew's poo poo is pretty interesting, but there isn't much space left for some of his theories to be revealed. for the controversial "inversion" thing in particular, i believe he said that if homestuck ends without it being pretty much explicitly confirmed, he would consider that a disconfirmation. i wonder if he really will change his mind..... i wonder if hussie will deliver any "word of god" statements on the content of the story after its conclusion. probably not, i suspect he'll want to dive right into whatever he's doing next, monster that he is.

last time I checked on BKEW this was my takeaway from him. Since when I am not really interested in something I leave it be instead of stalkingly mock it, I don't know if he changed anything in the last months though

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

paradoxGentleman posted:

different people find different things exciting or amusing
i am sorry you had to find out this way

I always knew. It just still bewilders me that people can be so objectively wrong.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I have seen the light. I have learned to love the One True Way to enjoy Homestuck discussion.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Who What Now posted:

I always knew. It just still bewilders me that people can be so objectively wrong.

I would think you of all people would understand that.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I have seen the light. I have learned to love the One True Way to enjoy Homestuck discussion.

With a delightful Pramnian, scratching and sniffing nacho-smelling books.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

a neg8ive influence

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Plom Bar posted:

With a delightful Pramnian, scratching and sniffing nacho-smelling books.

I'm a Lesbian wine? /baffled

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The final update before the end has struck.

poo poo's getting real.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

poo poo's getting real.

I thought tomorrow was the final update, then the miniomegapause, then the straight shot to the end?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tenebrais posted:

poo poo's getting real.

I can't wait to see how this gets hosed up.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Classtoise posted:

I thought tomorrow was the final update, then the miniomegapause, then the straight shot to the end?

Today is the last of the six days, the 28th was the first.

The Probably Absolutely Final Three-Day Pause has begun.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So there are like 40 pages left right?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Aaaand here we all are at the top of the rollercoaster hill. Hands in the air, kiddies, here we go! I don't have any deep analysis. Jake is in trouble, and he knows it. Rose has the Thorns of Oglogoth out, which is not necessarily a good sign.

What's this thing behind Tavros?

Dave is doing the one-pixel smile, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Jake is in trouble, and he knows it.

I dunno, his expression looks more like, "Wait, why am I fighting these guys?"

I feel like he's either going to suddenly remember he can fly and just leave, or pull some kind of power of hope/friendship speech shenanigans.