Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

also lol at going "oh a guy stole a goon bank, gosh darn that isn't normal for goon guilds"

I think he meant Age of Wushu in general was an exceedingly atypical game experience in general.

No loving dogs allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I doubt Lumbering Troll remembers it but as an officer in the horrible game Global Agenda I stole the guild bank, am I cool yet.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Next time someone hands me a guild bank, I change the dang password.

WTS one GoonTangClan, slightly used

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

The Quake posted:

I doubt Lumbering Troll remembers it but as an officer in the horrible game Global Agenda I stole the guild bank, am I cool yet.

we also have jack d ripper here who stole the archeage goon guild bank because all of the officers left, but not the goons

Neutron Bandit
Apr 28, 2008

This game is the first mmo since my first that ive just run around doing random things with no real goal in mind.

My only concern is how very reliant on hp potions Berserker is and I'm wondering how to make sure I always have enough of the right level before I end up dry.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Neutron Bandit posted:

This game is the first mmo since my first that ive just run around doing random things with no real goal in mind.

My only concern is how very reliant on hp potions Berserker is and I'm wondering how to make sure I always have enough of the right level before I end up dry.

Until level 45 you are very reliant on hp potions, but once you get the ability to awaken skills (add bonus effects) immediatly try and get "Instantly Restore health by 4" on Raging Thunder. It will completely remove your reliance on pots and you'll be able to carry 1/4 them for pvp purposes only or pve emergencies.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It's one of the awesome things about the sorc. I think I've used maybe 4 potions of both kinds in the 30+ levels I've done. So much healing and mp restoring in and out of combat.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
I'm going on vacation for a week. If I come back and I'm removed from the guild again, when Lewtt goes to sleep, ima be under his bed.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LegalPad posted:

So how does the release of Med change the Agerian + Yuria advice? Should new players be skipping agerian for a new set?
Not until market stabilises at the very least.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

kalstrams posted:

Not until market stabilises at the very least.

please stop giving bad advice, potato
the market has almost nothing to do with the current meta of getting an alt and amity spamming the gruniel vendor

LegalPad posted:

So how does the release of Med change the Agerian + Yuria advice? Should new players be skipping agerian for a new set?

depends on what "new players" means; if you aren't level 30 yet and have no armorstones, you can just grab whatever gear you want as you level up. Taritas is a good option because of the accuracy
but for anything above, i'd head to altinova, talk to all the npcs, then conversation minigame the armor vendor to get full gruniel. it's the safest bet in the game regardless of class. yuria or bares are good, since the only thing notably better is liverto/kzarka, which are endgame items

SweetBro posted:

I'm going on vacation for a week. If I come back and I'm removed from the guild again, when Lewtt goes to sleep, ima be under his bed.

i will probably just remove you again if someone else asks me for an invite, because this will be the third time you'll be offline for almost a week when the game's been out hardly a month

--

gonna do next scrawls at 5pm reset tomorrow, hopefully. depends on if big_bo's kid accidentally chops his own balls off, or whatever shenanigans happens when you have a family

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

randombattle posted:

It's one of the awesome things about the sorc. I think I've used maybe 4 potions of both kinds in the 30+ levels I've done. So much healing and mp restoring in and out of combat.

then what the gently caress am i doing wrong because i'm gobbling pots by the dozen

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Quake is super cool.

I had scrolls like i always did. Clocks is a dirty liar!

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Whats the haps goon mans, I haven't really played this game much will be online this weekend and pooping in a sock. Have goons taken over the world and griefed everyone into the ground yet?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Azerban posted:

then what the gently caress am i doing wrong because i'm gobbling pots by the dozen

As a sorc? Why aren't you just healing all the time?

You knock people down and fire your regen gohadoken everytime it's off cooldown for like 10% of your hp back. If you're avoiding poo poo like you should be with night crow you won't take much damage and what you do gets topped up by the gohadoken. Worse case you can top up with bloody contract. Energy is the only sort of problem but luckily abyssal flame also gives a gently caress ton of shards. You don't even need to charge abyssal flame since if you combo it off night crow it just shoots out at max charge instantly.

With the shield you get a decent bump to your dp but it's mostly about staying moving. Every attack can be evaded even arrows and stuff if you dodge right. Night crow is just all i-frames out the rear end so you can just blink around never taking damage.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Goddamn waiting for a liverto weapon to pop up on the marketplace is an exercise in frustration.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Zarcnest posted:

Quake is super cool.

Can confirm that Luxily brought 7 scrolls to our group.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lewtt posted:

please stop giving bad advice, potato
the market has almost nothing to do with the current meta of getting an alt and amity spamming the gruniel vendor
Sorry, boss, I just assumed a newbie is someone with low level and with neither money nor knowledge required for amity game. Or knowledge about availability of Grunil from the amity game to begin with, hence planning to get it on marketplace where the price is likely higher than it will be.

sushibandit posted:

Goddamn waiting for a liverto weapon to pop up on the marketplace is an exercise in frustration.
When it pops up, you place a bid, market runs rng and checks against your roll, if it fails then you don't get it, if anyone else placing the bid succeeds - you don't get it again. Only 1-2 minutes after being available for purchase it becomes available for straightforward purchase.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Apr 2, 2016

Derrio
Oct 13, 2010

That's not funny.
So I found a decent set of 7 topics for the amity game you have to play with the Grunil vendor.

If anyone finds a higher yielding set, don't hold back.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Derrio posted:

So I found a decent set of 7 topics for the amity game you have to play with the Grunil vendor.

If anyone finds a higher yielding set, don't hold back.

Thanks! Only thing that sucks is if he wants any "failed to spark" conversations you're pretty much hosed. The dude's interested in everybody.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

lewtt posted:

be offline for almost a week when the game's been out hardly a month
Because what is having a job during the week.

lewtt posted:

game's been out hardly a month
Your release dates mean nothing for head start master race.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

kalstrams posted:

Sorry, boss, I just assumed a newbie is someone with low level and with neither money nor knowledge required for amity game. Or knowledge about availability of Grunil from the amity game to begin with, hence planning to get it on marketplace where the price is likely higher than it will be.
When it pops up, you place a bid, market runs rng and checks against your roll, if it fails then you don't get it, if anyone else placing the bid succeeds - you don't get it again. Only 1-2 minutes after being available for purchase it becomes available for straightforward purchase.

the knowledge required for the grunil amity npc are all altinova npcs
if they're sub 30 ie total newbie, anything will likely be sufficient for whatever they're doing, but 7 ap and 150 hp are fantastic for lowbies

SweetBro posted:

Because what is having a job during the week.

Your release dates mean nothing for head start master race.

it's totally fly with me that you do/don't/dink have a job
but if someone else asks to get in, i give 5d+ people the boot so said guy asking for invite can contribute to guild xp
at the worst, you get the 40k severance package every time you get kicked, which far beats the 0 money you make over the course of not playing

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Zarcnest posted:

Quake is super cool.

clocks interrupts me when i talk in mumble so i'm siding with you on this one.
though i don't actually have any idea what is going on

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lewtt posted:

the knowledge required for the grunil amity npc are all altinova npcs
if they're sub 30 ie total newbie, anything will likely be sufficient for whatever they're doing, but 7 ap and 150 hp are fantastic for lowbies
I stand corrected then, I hadn't looked into knowledge needed for Grunil amity.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

HapiMerchant posted:

I think he meant Age of Wushu in general was an exceedingly atypical game experience in general.

No loving dogs allowed.

lol if you think delamore wasn't skimming off the top from all the dealing he did

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

lol if you think delamore wasn't skimming off the top from all the dealing he did

I honestly wouldn't know, I was in NoTrabbu. The most I knew of goon politics was that we shared a teamspeak for antiviet purposes and i got to hear the stories.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
http://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/2008-black-desert-upcoming-future-content

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

quote:

New Awakening Series
-Ninja Awakening (Multiple Swords 3-5) (Like Zoro of One Piece) (Image Below)
-Kunoichi Awakening (Large Chakram)
-Wizard Awakening (Elemental Orbs Water and Fire)
-Witch Awakening (Elemental Orbs Earth and Lightning)

New Playabe Character / Race Added
-Dark Elf (Image Below)
-Long Sword (It looks like a Great Sword, but my KR friends say Long Blade)
-Sub Weapon (Image not clear) (Magic?)
-Elf Race specialty is movement and offensive playstyle. (I'm thinking Dark Knight Style)

PvE Content
-New Areas Winter
-Snow Areas and More
-Underwater Content
-Underwater Exploring
-Random Life Stuff
-Siege Islands
-New Battleships will be added for Naval War
-Trading Merchant ships to be added

-Giant's home area and new Snow Area
-Coop content TBA

Horse Stuff
-T9 Added
-New Skills Added
-Offensive Skills Added
-Pegasus added (What?) (No fall damage) (Not flying or limited?)
-Unicorn Team Buffs

Misc Stuff
-Skill Awaken System (Enchanting Changes?)
-Wanted Bounty System
-Something about Baby Elephants (Pet?) Not sure.

Welp.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

oh boy i can't wait for a million femdrizzts also zoro zolo zollo zorro zorlos. at least battleships and underwater stuff sounds cool

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Jesus christ no underwater content please swimming and attempting to swim up in the water makes me cry.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Just what we need. Another loving elf.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

HapiMerchant posted:

oh boy i can't wait for a million femdrizzts also zoro zolo zollo zorro zorlos. at least battleships and underwater stuff sounds cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96NlkdsH6RA

At least they won't have any problems coming up with attacks.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

wow racist

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

Totally going to roll one of those elves now. You heard it here first folks, we're short on elves.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

lewtt posted:

clocks interrupts me when i talk in mumble so i'm siding with you on this one.
though i don't actually have any idea what is going on

Lux attempted to leech scrolls which I pointed out once. It's quite possible he's become reformed since then. How useful he is is still questionable though. Lux, how's your waifu doing? :allears:

Underwater combat/exploration sounds awful given how the controls for swimming currently handle, but on the flipside I once mentioned how I would totally breed a pegasus/unicorn if I could so dreams do come true! :3:

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

Goddamn, i was hoping they would at least make one of the pre-existing races avaliable as the next class , and up to this point i can't think of any mmo that did underwater content well.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Looks like they added a new continent to the world map.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

It would take loving hours to sail there holy poo poo

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I imagine by that point they could probably magic up some portals...

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
http://www.dogdrip.net/index.php?document_srl=94585629&mid=game&comment_srl=94585939#comment_94586032

Here are the slides, this time not taken pictures of with a cellphone. Also cool site name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Huh, I didn't think the koreans celebrated april fools.