Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I seem to remember reading somewhere that it would be 3 volumes but can't remember for sure now. Could be the first two volumes have other stories not from the main series but vol 3 will have 24 issues and no other stories.

Vol 1 is not the best Absolute ever but if you really love the series the upgrade is worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestheHammer posted:

There is speculation we are getting a clone saga omnibus.

Hell yeah

If only they'd had the foresight not to waste the "One of the most notorious narratives of the nineties!" blurb on the Crossing omnibus.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Fantagraphics is doing a complete Fletcher Hanks hardcover that contains material not included in the previous paperback collections:

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/1606999672

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Action Jacktion posted:

Fantagraphics is doing a complete Fletcher Hanks hardcover that contains material not included in the previous paperback collections:

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/1606999672

Nice! Though I'm not sure I could handle all that madness.

Street Soldier
Oct 28, 2005

An egotistical being like myself can't be allowed to live...

Endless Mike posted:

You don't really need to. I can see my copy from here. Glaring in bright, unmatching white.

Get the Master Editions.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I want to, but I'm trying not to double-dip on things.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thanks to a clearance sale I am now the proud owner of all the Season One HCs except the Doctor Strange volume. I read the Ant-Man one first.

Dear God, what have I done

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Thanks to a clearance sale I am now the proud owner of all the Season One HCs except the Doctor Strange volume. I read the Ant-Man one first.

The Hulk, Strange, X-Men, and Fantastic Four ones are good. I didn't care for the Daredevil one. Didn't read the rest.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

The Hulk, Strange, X-Men, and Fantastic Four ones are good. I didn't care for the Daredevil one. Didn't read the rest.

I think I've read X-Men and Hulk, both of which are fine. Maybe one other that I forget? If nothing else, the art in X-Men is great.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools
Before I splurge on Vols 2-6 of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run, what are the chances this gets a collected omnibus or some such?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Anything is possible but I'd assume low chance.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Back at DCBS's old location there were like 50 or 60 of those Ant-Man Season Ones and I don't know if anyone ever bought one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senor Candle posted:

Back at DCBS's old location there were like 50 or 60 of those Ant-Man Season Ones and I don't know if anyone ever bought one.

It's really terrible. Glad I paid $2 for it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Saw this linked in the chat thread
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/wc-exclusive-idw-reveals-new-mutants-bill-sienkiewicz-artist-select-edition

quote:

The New Mutants: Bill Sienkiewicz Marvel Artist Select Series
Chris Claremont (w) • Bill Sienkiewicz (a & c)

The next installment of the smash-hit Marvel Artist Select Series is here! Each deluxe hardcover in this series features a collection of issues never-before released together. This oversized, limited-edition hardcover celebrates the legendary Bill Sienkiewicz’s complete run on The New Mutants and X-Men Unlimited #43. Each copy of this 999-copy limited-edition hardcover is slipcased, hand-numbered, and signed.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hey cool, put out a complete run of a cool book that isn't properly collected, but make it impossible to get. Thanks.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Hakkesshu posted:

Hey cool, put out a complete run of a cool book that isn't properly collected, but make it impossible to get. Thanks.

Well the George Perez Avengers and Sal Buscema Hulk book is still available for retail.

Am I the only one who can't stand the flat colors on a glossy white page? Give me the moiré on off white pages for older books.

Another option would be to buy the run and have it custom bound. I did that. The floppies and the cost of binding probably came out to under fifty bucks. One of the cheaper binds I have done. Those issues can be had dirt cheap. Of course it won't have any extras... unless you count the awesome old advertisements.

In other news I just started unpacking my books at my new house. Got about 3/4 the way through and ran outta room. I have some shelves inside a closet that I'm gonna use but I like all my books out in the open so I can browse them from my chair. My vinyl collection takes up double the space so I am getting no sympathy from the wife.

Not pictured Artist editions, various EC and three boxes of random crap I'm gonna sell.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sporklift posted:

Not pictured Artist editions, various EC and three boxes of random crap I'm gonna sell.
No, Identity Crisis is right there.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Endless Mike posted:

No, Identity Crisis is right there.

Bought it at a library sale for a couple dollars... a couple dollars too much.
:(

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just discovered the Large Format Books section in Forbidden Planet. for gently caress's sake my life is over

Street Soldier
Oct 28, 2005

Hakkesshu posted:

How is it impossible to get?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Street Soldier posted:

How is it impossible to get?

999-copy limited run, probably won't be carried in Europe? You tell me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hakkesshu posted:

Can we assume it's gonna be $100?

I could try and get it for you and my discount might be enough to even out the shipping cost.

Street Soldier
Oct 28, 2005

Hakkesshu posted:

So get it online.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a tpb of some sort for alan moores captian britian?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Fsmhunk posted:

Is there a tpb of some sort for alan moores captian britian?

its out of print but worth it if you can track down a used copy

unfortunately it looks like it goes for close to $40 now, I managed to get a copy for $20 a few years back.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Moore's Captain Britain is also collected in the "Siege of Camelot" and "End Game" TPBs published by Panini Comics (they've collected the entirety of Captain Britain up to the end of the original run - those are the fourth and fifth volumes).

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Was there talk of a Deluxe-sized JLA/Avengers coming out sometime soon?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

irlZaphod posted:

Does anyone know if the Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 is getting a reprint? I've delayed getting it and the prices are starting to go up. :emo: I just noticed this listing on Amazon though saying that it's being released on May 17th (although it also has the image and description of the Vol. 1 omni).

Just noticed on Amazon UK and remembered that you'd been asking - UXM Vol. 2 is being reprinted for this October.

Other recent omnibus announcements from include Doctor Strange Vol. 1 (Ditko era), Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Vol. 1, Brian Michael Bendis Crime Noir omnibus, War of Kings omnibus, and Ms Marvel Vol. 1 (Kamala Khan).

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also ASM vol. 2 in September I think.

Pato
Mar 15, 2006
Duck
Is there really no Ultimate Comics HC collections for Ultimates and X-Men? UC Spider-Man and Avengers both have omniboo but not even an oversized hardcover for Ultimates, X-Men, Thor, Hawkeye and all the rest. Buying a bunch of tiny arse HCs and TPBs is the opposite of what I'd prefer. I know it's old but I just want to finish off the Ultimate Universe in a real format.

Pato fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Apr 2, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pato posted:

Is there really no Ultimate Comics HC collections for Ultimates and X-Men? UC Spider-Man and Avengers both have omniboo but not even and oversized hardcover for Ultimates, X-Men, Thor, Hawkeye and all the rest. Buying a bunch of tiny arse HCs and TPBs is the opposite of what I'd prefer. I know it's old but I just want to finish off the Ultimate Universe in a real format.

The Ulttimates Omni is out of print. Ultimate X-Men had a series of OSHC but it ends with the first series. As far as I remember none of the Ultimate Comics relaunch was put in an OSHC aside from the Spider-man stuff.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

The Ulttimates Omni is out of print. Ultimate X-Men had a series of OSHC but it ends with the first series. As far as I remember none of the Ultimate Comics relaunch was put in an OSHC aside from the Spider-man stuff.

And from what you told me, that first Ultimate Spidey omni is the only one we're getting, which makes me sad.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 2, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

And from what you told me, that first Ultimate Spidey omni is the only one we're getting, which makes me sad.

I keep holding out hope that they will at the very least finish Ult Spidey in the OSHC format but it's been quite a few years since they released and oversized volume.

Pato
Mar 15, 2006
Duck
Yeah the Ultimate Comics relaunch is what I was looking for. I've already got most everything of the first series in OSHC format. Sucks that it's not even all hardcover let alone oversize. Going to get reamed with shipping individual books too poo poo. Curse you Marvel for not anticipating my exact needs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
David Gabriel reportedly hates the oversize format and tried to kill it numerous times.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
The oversize is the best though.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Veg posted:

Yeah, it's the best format.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Veg posted:

Agreed. Between Marvel Unlimited and OSHC's/Omnis I'm at the point of selling pretty much all of my Marvel trades, and some of the non-oversize HC's

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Napoleon Nelson posted:

Agreed. Between Marvel Unlimited and OSHC's/Omnis I'm at the point of selling pretty much all of my Marvel trades, and some of the non-oversize HC's

This is the direction I've got after getting back into comics.

My wife makes me buy her trades as a compromise for giving up her single issues. I just hide those in the closet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Rhyno posted:

David Gabriel reportedly hates the oversize format and tried to kill it numerous times.

Why? Does the profit margin suck or something?