Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Some do, some don't. It really varies. You could probably make a business on importing and then direct mailing officially licensed stuff from Japan. I doubt a storefront would do too well.

There's a place around my parts called Cosplay N' Charm. They moved out of their Asian indoor mall location a couple years ago into another location and then expanded to another store, so they're not doing too bad. Mostly, they sell stuff like wigs, Gothic Lolita wear, pre-made outfits and various kchotckes but, from the looks of their webform, they do some costume manufacturing or assembly as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

cyberia posted:

It certainly takes me back to all those iconic Star Wars scenes that took place on rolling, green hills. Oh no, wait, that was Sound of Music :geno:

The hills are alive with the sound of Gungans!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYfibSaDHrM

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

I was really hoping this was finally a solution to the age old question of "how do I arm my dog"?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Dog tag knife isn't a terrible idea- but not at that price.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Germstore posted:

I don't understand how it's "for all your friends".

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hey, remember that console that will change gaming forever? Homestar Runner does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQO1RHETKy4&t=610s

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

A lot of gross loser nerds would fit in well with all the white supremacists. Where is that "where is your chin" comic when I need it

On GIS, where it's literally the first result for "where is your chin".

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So this hasn't been posted yet as near as I can tell.

Are you sick of having too many plastic bottles and not enough rope? Buy our block of wood with a razor blade built in and you'll never have to worry about that problem again.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/910418035/plastic-bottle-cutter

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I am an idiot who likes idiot things, but that is even too dumb for me.

I mean, I lovingly make little alcohol burner stoves out of old beer cans and poo poo, and that product is still too dumb for me.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

bongwizzard posted:

I mean, I lovingly make little alcohol burner stoves out of old beer cans and poo poo, and that product is still too dumb for me.

Man, one day you are going to be trapped in a recycling center in a zombie apocalypse, need something to tie the doors shut, and rue the day you didn't buy the bottle cutter.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

RandomPauI posted:

So this hasn't been posted yet as near as I can tell.

Are you sick of having too many plastic bottles and not enough rope? Buy our block of wood with a razor blade built in and you'll never have to worry about that problem again.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/910418035/plastic-bottle-cutter

Who the hell wants thin plastic rope? Yeah you can weave it and make a big plastic sheet... to replace a cheap lawn chair? :v: I'm struggling to think of any time you'd want a rope where a thin weak plastic rope would be even remotely acceptable.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Who the hell wants thin plastic rope? Yeah you can weave it and make a big plastic sheet... to replace a cheap lawn chair? :v: I'm struggling to think of any time you'd want a rope where a thin weak plastic rope would be even remotely acceptable.

Well if you had bothered to read the KS page for it, you would know that it would be your tool of choice when you need to tow a car in a zombie apocalypse, obviously.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

bongwizzard posted:

I could actually use something like that, as stupid as it seems.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Germstore posted:

loving dog tag knife already exists - this one is only 50 bucks and the handle is made of carbon fibre

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kilo147 posted:

I'll give you that it has a niche arts and crafts utility, but using it as a way to make an emergency towing cable is a bit much.

Also, it says good for saving space with your recycling. Not every municipality is equipped to do the fancy plastic sorting. So your plastic ribbons get tossed.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

Kilo147 posted:

You can just make your one like in this vid https://youtu.be/7v-FlEx1_EM
I don't know why you'd bother buying one, I spent all of five minutes making one out of crap I had laying around,
the end product is nothing fantastic just a plastic ribbon that cuts your hands and shrinks when you heat it.

coldpudding has a new favorite as of 14:33 on Apr 2, 2016

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

I work in satcom where everyone makes jokes about RF killing your sperm... This would be a great gag gift.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://gearjunkie.com/refunded-triton-artificial-gills-campaign-update

No poo poo.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

So they lied with an outrageous, patently impossible claim to protect their proprietary real, true innovation.

Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Kinda bummed that they're refunding backers. Their "actual product" sounds only slightly less bullshit so here's to hope.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

muscles like this? posted:

Some do, some don't. It really varies. You could probably make a business on importing and then direct mailing officially licensed stuff from Japan. I doubt a storefront would do too well.

That market is pretty saturated as it is. J-list and hobbylink japan, when you can't just get it from amazon.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
The triton relaunch is no less bullshit, but at this point the $200,000 in backers really have no one to blame but themselves. Fool me once shame on- you, fool me- can't get fooled again.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Oh no, they've got the "everyone's nose is red and swollen and shiny" comic disease :ohdear:

considering they're outside in the cold, this is one of the few instances where red noses is actually appropriate

simplyhorribul
Jul 30, 2013

Tippis posted:

Not at all true. We don't have nearly as many guns. :sweden:
What's the forum link?

e: Also, unlike Canada, we don't have polar bears.
I mean I couldn't find any hubbub about it in Swedish. Or then my Swedish google-fu is rusty, which is most likely since I can't even find the actual link to the forum (it was really old, popped up around the time they first introduced Triton Gills in the internets in god knows when). :v:

simplyhorribul has a new favorite as of 21:54 on Apr 2, 2016

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

lmao, that thing looks like moulded plastic, they look like greebles on a movie prop

i cant even see holes for air exchange

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
has kickstarter ever created anything worthwhile?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

A bunch of video games and I think some sous vide machines?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I think that potato salad turned out pretty well.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I've gotten some not-terrible board games and art out of it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SpacePig posted:

I think that potato salad turned out pretty well.

It was German!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Yes.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

But it also created your weird obsession with it so it's probably a wash overall.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

cyberia posted:

I've gotten some not-terrible board games and art out of it

lol. so nothing

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TetsuoTW posted:

But it also created your weird obsession with it so it's probably a wash overall.

sorry you got tapped for money when everyone with it said no. If I am going to invest in something, I would like to get something back.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

My parents kickstarted me

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

A horse kickstarted me in the head when I was a child

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

sorry you got tapped for money when everyone with it said no. If I am going to invest in something, I would like to get something back.
sorry kickstarter rejected your project because "selling your virginity isn't a project"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TetsuoTW posted:

sorry kickstarter rejected your project because "selling your virginity isn't a project"

kickstarter would be good if they gave a percentage of the profits to their investors. Instead they give stickers. It is awful.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

kickstarter would be good if they gave a percentage of the profits to their investors. Instead they give stickers. It is awful.
and what's the deal with airline food??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TetsuoTW posted:

and what's the deal with airline food??

it sucks. much like kickstarter