Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Ventana posted:

I can't speak for why, but I've definitely had DLC codes that said it was only available through X date, and then I tried it afterwards and it still worked. No reason not to try, I guess, just be prepared if it doesn't work.

Yeah I bought that Uncharted boxset that had... I think 1 and 2 in it a while back and it had a DLC voucher that had "expired" 2 or 3 years before I bought that and it still redeemed itself so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

corn in the bible posted:

i am genuinely disappointed they didn't just copy lightning returns's combat

the point of final fantasy is challenger

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They probably have to include expiry dates on the vouchers for weird legal reasons but no one is especially interested in putting in the legwork to make them expire.

It must be strange for Yoko Shimomura to be hearing music so long ago only becoming relevant now.

The Niflheim base combat demo looks so much better than what you can do in Platinum Demo that it compounds disappointment, even though that gameplay demo is 100% heavily rehearsed and the result of intense scrutiny and editing.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Content gets added to the console stores manually whenever someone gets around to it, it shouldn't be a surprise that it gets removed the same way

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ok how do you do any of this

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
One thing that really annoyed me about the demo was the camera/controls. The way it was set up made it really difficult to run straight, anyone else have that problem? For whatever reason that annoyed me more than anything else.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

ok how do you do any of this

By getting good.

Next you'll be asking how to do Distortion toggling during Real Impacts to maximize damage. It's a 4 frame window, it's the easiest thing in the world.

Joking Aside I am absolutely excited for FFXV especially to see long time FF fans (read: People who aren't the greatest at jRPGs) having to tackle an action game. There's going to be a lot of scrub quotes. The only thing that could have been better is if FFXVI turns out to be a fighting game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Dunno if there's going to be too much complaining. They built an auto-evade button and tactics to run away from the battle to recharge said auto-evade. And even if you reach 0 HP, you still get a rad summon if Duscae if anything to go by.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA6BQoajKKQ

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

gently caress yeaaa

Wait is this actually out in arcades?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

By getting good.

Next you'll be asking how to do Distortion toggling during Real Impacts to maximize damage. It's a 4 frame window, it's the easiest thing in the world.

Joking Aside I am absolutely excited for FFXV especially to see long time FF fans (read: People who aren't the greatest at jRPGs) having to tackle an action game. There's going to be a lot of scrub quotes. The only thing that could have been better is if FFXVI turns out to be a fighting game.

I play so many action games and I still could not do well on that last boss fight. It just feels completely different, it's not like DMC/Bayonetta where if you're good at the game you can do well no matter what, it feels like you have to know some hidden information about it first.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Lol if you don't think the primary demographic of these games doesn't love the boy band cast.

The primary demographic is teenagers (and since this is so similar to KH, teenage girls at that.)

It's also gay dudes because

I mean they've got something for all the different tastes you could have in boys. There's the quiet one with a troubled past, the rambunctious immature trouble maker, the big buff guy who likes to brawl, and the smart genius with glasses. Truly, this is a game that transcends all differences and gives everyone a boy to love. :allears:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My favorite Chocobro is Glasses

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's also gay dudes because

I mean they've got something for all the different tastes you could have in boys. There's the quiet one with a troubled past, the rambunctious immature trouble maker, the big buff guy who likes to brawl, and the smart genius with glasses. Truly, this is a game that transcends all differences and gives everyone a boy to love. :allears:

lacks ethnic diversity

wheres all the black people

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My friend, The Car, is black and a trustworthy ally.

Unless you count the fact he was broken down and unusable in Duscae and did not feature in Platinum demo*. I guess he isn't that trustworthy.

* He might do, I didn't have a lot of time to explore.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Sazh is my husbando

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Saint Freak posted:

My favorite Chocobro is Glasses

Same, but I expect big tit kain waifu to surpass him.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, and Michaelangelo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

My friend, The Car, is black and a trustworthy ally.

Unless you count the fact he was broken down and unusable in Duscae and did not feature in Platinum demo*. I guess he isn't that trustworthy.

* He might do, I didn't have a lot of time to explore.

There are cars in the demo but not The Car.
I think the whole boy band image will really be completed when I have them stepping into the rainbow on the car radio for the entire 50+ hour trip

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

General Morden posted:

lacks ethnic diversity

wheres all the black people

There's no black people in Japan you silly sausage.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I hope we'll be able to play dress-up in FFXV

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Nihilarian posted:

$50 up front, gaijin. :colbert:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
If I can't dress up Noctis as Kraken from FF1 all the hype is basically ruined.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is there a mod for FF-X HD that replaces Kimahri with Worf?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

One of the DLC you get for buying a collector's edition (the cheaper one) is a suit for Noctis, so there will probably be more of that. Get ready to pay 1.99 a couple times over to deck out your crew in suits, both formal and birthday.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Rafclan/status/716183508280979456

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's absolutely right

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Terper posted:

One of the DLC you get for buying a collector's edition (the cheaper one) is a suit for Noctis, so there will probably be more of that. Get ready to pay 1.99 a couple times over to deck out your crew in suits, both formal and birthday.

Except the Thunder From Down Under pack, which is $9.99.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

http://i.imgur.com/sqeuRtt.webm

Fighting the Iron Giant without getting your head knocked in 24/7 is pretty tough, but when you do get a good combo off it feels great! I've had my reservations about FFXV for a while but after this week's event I'm really starting to get excited for it.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah, I don't think the Nier guy would be a good fit for Final Fantasy. The one oddball pick I'd make for an FF director would be Kamiya, but there's no way he'd go freelance off of Platinum.

...!

Hideo Kojima to direct Final Fantasy XVI.

giffan
Jul 10, 2012
I wish they had shown the female character (Luna?) stab a thing with that trident of hers.

related: FF7R Aerith gameplay when??

edit:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The one oddball pick I'd make for an FF director would be Kamiya, but there's no way he'd go freelance off of Platinum

I can't even imagine the obscene amount of money I would throw at that.

giffan fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 3, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I would like Martin Scorsese to direct the next Final Fantasy

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

giffan posted:

I wish they had shown the female character (Luna?) stab a thing with that trident of hers.

They've said she won't be playable. Maaaaybe a guest party member?

giffan
Jul 10, 2012

RatHat posted:

They've said she won't be playable. Maaaaybe a guest party member?

I don't mind that she's not playable. I just like girls in dresses beating up monsters.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I want Taro Yoko to make a Dissidia sequel where he emotionally crushes every FF character to despair until they eagerly await their inevitable deaths.

The entire game would have Theatrhythm gameplay, of course.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcznlgYNPZk

I take it back, I take it all back. I had my reservations about making a more upscaled Dissidia game, I thought the game worked perfect on the PSP and I was worried that the move would ruin it, but this is everything I wanted. The basic gameplay is still there, the fundamentals are still there, and everything looks phenomenal. I want this. I want to play this. Square, start making the port for this.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Gologle posted:

I take it back, I take it all back. I had my reservations about making a more upscaled Dissidia game, I thought the game worked perfect on the PSP and I was worried that the move would ruin it, but this is everything I wanted. The basic gameplay is still there, the fundamentals are still there, and everything looks phenomenal. I want this. I want to play this. Square, start making the port for this.

Oh poo poo, I knew this game was teams of 3, but I didn't know it was three human-controlled characters per team. Hell yeah.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
This is basically what I was expecting Dissidia to be at release.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

If they can polish that camera control a bit more, I'd be all in on the action. Hell, Platinum Does A Final Fantasy Spinoff would be interesting. Let me play as a badass moogle, I'm in.

Mega64 posted:

I want Taro Yoko to make a Dissidia sequel where he emotionally crushes every FF character to despair until they eagerly await their inevitable deaths.

The entire game would have Theatrhythm gameplay, of course.

Also would be down for this.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The only thing that could have been better is if FFXVI turns out to be a fighting game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VBJby8pJoU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gologle posted:

LEVIATHAN LEVIATHAN coming out and wrecking poo poo all over the stage is pretty drat awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Gologle posted:

I'm betting they're already making the PS4 version, but it isn't out yet because the game is basically incomplete. Right now we just have 15 heroes and no story mode. They're likely using the arcade version as a sort of paid, extended beta test, and once they've gotten the villain slate in there and made the story mode, along with incremental gameplay improvements based on feedback, that's when the PS4 version will come.