Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

PogChamp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
So that's what those $100 training sessions are paying for.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Which stick do you think is the best for doing a massive line of coke off of? One of those giant hori viewlix sticks?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Which stick do you think is the best for doing a massive line of coke off of? One of those giant hori viewlix sticks?

one that has a big booty anime bae on it

Vel
Jun 7, 2014

So I'm really low ranked in rookie league, but I've slowly been making some progress. I just fought someone who had obviously just picked up Alex and took him online. At the end of his runback he DC'ed to save his sub-500 LP. Just whhyy? If it's this bad when there's literally nothing to lose, I can't imagine what it's like for you guys that are actually good and trying to play ranked.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Vel posted:

So I'm really low ranked in rookie league, but I've slowly been making some progress. I just fought someone who had obviously just picked up Alex and took him online. At the end of his runback he DC'ed to save his sub-500 LP. Just whhyy? If it's this bad when there's literally nothing to lose, I can't imagine what it's like for you guys that are actually good and trying to play ranked.

There are people that rage quit casual

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

darealkooky posted:

one that has a big booty anime bae on it

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Hori RAP gives ample space and is at least $100 cheaper, money that can be spent on other thingz

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

slev posted:

See, that actually makes more sense than doing it ranked. There's been a few times I lost a close casual on a dumb mistake and immediately alt-f4'd out in disgust, since, you know, who cares, it doesn't hurt the other guy's ranking and I wanna stop looking at this dumb game.

Vel
Jun 7, 2014

slev posted:

:eyepop: Seriously? I can't imagine the mindset of these players.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

See, that actually makes more sense than doing it ranked. There's been a few times I lost a close casual on a dumb mistake and immediately alt-f4'd out in disgust, since, you know, who cares, it doesn't hurt the other guy's ranking and I wanna stop looking at this dumb game.

Lol you big baby

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Vel posted:

:eyepop: Seriously? I can't imagine the mindset of these players.

Actually it makes even more sense in casual. If you are in a matchup with someone with potato wifi and getting wrekt with rollback what's the point of continuing. They don't get any points or anything so it's arguably in both players interests to find a better connection

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

darealkooky posted:

in games like SF5 with anemic normal ranges and no real ability to frametrap or string moves together sure

I can think of a bunch of characters/games where if someone tried to walk back while blocking they'd just get tagged by a low hit into combo

there's nothing wrong with proximity guard and im not saying it shouldn't be in SFV, but it's not a 100% fundamental law that all fighting games need to have

what's a 2d fighting game without prox block and no guard button

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Spiritus Nox posted:

You're still denying that guy a paltry amount of fight money and character XP.

Don't be a baby.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

interrodactyl posted:

what's a 2d fighting game without prox block and no guard button

i'm not saying it exists, i'm saying it wouldn't matter if it did if that game also had characters with threatening lows (like many do) b/c you'd just frame trap them all day until they stopped trying to hold back

although im pretty sure marvel 3 either doesn't have prox guard or it's so small it almost never comes up

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

darealkooky posted:

although im pretty sure marvel 3 either doesn't have prox guard or it's so small it almost never comes up

Marvel might as well not even have walking so it's not a great example.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

darealkooky posted:

i'm not saying it exists, i'm saying it wouldn't matter if it did if that game also had characters with threatening lows (like many do) b/c you'd just frame trap them all day until they stopped trying to hold back

Marvel 3 has proximity guard only if the attack connects with the person blocking (which is good)

Vel
Jun 7, 2014

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Actually it makes even more sense in casual. If you are in a matchup with someone with potato wifi and getting wrekt with rollback what's the point of continuing. They don't get any points or anything so it's arguably in both players interests to find a better connection

Do you guys not search 5 only? I haven't had any trouble since switching.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

darealkooky posted:

oh boy

e: marvel 3 has proximity block but basically only very close

morridoom w large proximity block would own

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 2, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

darealkooky is wrong about something... again? holy crap stop the presses.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

darealkooky posted:

in games like SF5 with anemic normal ranges and no real ability to frametrap or string moves together sure

I can think of a bunch of characters/games where if someone tried to walk back while blocking they'd just get tagged by a low hit into combo

there's nothing wrong with proximity guard and im not saying it shouldn't be in SFV, but it's not a 100% fundamental law that all fighting games need to have

i think it's good to be able to press a button at max range and know that if they didnt already walk out of range by the time you pressed it, it will connect

this "just frame trap them all day" argument doesn't really work when you're thinking about fighting at poke range. it's like the stupid argument 3s fanatics make about parries not being safe because "if you guess wrong you get hit".

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Not new, poisons U2 in sf4 did this

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Wanna buy this real bad.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Vel posted:

Do you guys not search 5 only? I haven't had any trouble since switching.

Ftr, I don't rage quit or anything. I play on ps4. Just pointing out that I think rage quitting in casual seems more justified than ranked.

Regarding bars, I'm still trying to figure out what that is a measurement of. Ping to some geographic landmark? What if you have a decent ping to San Jose but get your wifi connection gets hit with an emp bomb every time someone in your building microwaves a hot pocket? Basically, does it account for lag spikes?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I dont search 5 only because i don't want to wait 20 minutes between each match.

Even some 4's are as bad as other games 1's.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ60zNQSYB8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Holy poo poo, lol

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

that is inspired

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

I duno what he's on about. I better be hosed up on something to play this bullshit game.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

SectumSempra posted:

I dont search 5 only because i don't want to wait 20 minutes between each match.

Even some 4's are as bad as other games 1's.

Ive had juttering occur on 5 bar connections, Ive had juttering occur against people who I play fightcade SF3 against flawlessly.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fozzy fosbourne posted:

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Blast city bitch blast blast city bitch

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yes, when.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...d-counter-poke/

Congrats you're famous

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

It would have been cool if the characters looked like that in game.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Capcom really doesn't want people to have colors lol.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mattavist posted:

It would have been cool if the characters looked like that in game.

sfv would be a better game if care love and time was put into it yes