Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You bailed??!?

I was looking forward to catching the end when I got home. :(

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Namtab posted:

turns out there are 9 hours of RWBY, we probably won't be watching all of the RWBY

it can't be helped

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Namtab confirmed pussy

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

There is so much rwby, why is there so much rwby

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
They see you as young and helpless, they see you as just a child...

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Namtab posted:

There is so much rwby, why is there so much rwby

I warned you namtab. I warned you.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Well, this is going to be a thing I know this video was uploaded on April 1st, but that was when Roosterteeth was founded, apparently, and they don't do pranks for the day as a result, according to the RT site comments.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
anime is bad

rwby is bad

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ur bad

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I think it's because they realized main RWBY is going to a more action-driven kind of tone so they didn't want to alienate all the older fans/RvB fans who liked RT's series more when they were more sitcom-like.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Baal posted:

Ur bad
i can't in all honesty deny it

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The real April Fools joke is that it's going to be better animated than anything so far by virtue of being on proper animation software rather than the impressive hackjob they've been using.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I thought they were using some weird version of the hatsune miku animated software poo poo

Covok
May 27, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

I thought they were using some weird version of the hatsune miku animated software poo poo

For Chibi or the main series? Because the main series uses a version of poser as the late Monty Oum was most familiar with that animation software and they didn't want a shift to a new animation software to hinder his fight choreography.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is seriously hope RWBY is not animated using MMD.

:wtc:

Covok
May 27, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

Is seriously hope RWBY is not animated using MMD.

:wtc:

MMD? I'm not an animator so I do not know what you mean. We know they used Poser, an outdated version, as they mentioned so on site extras and an ad for poser would appear at the end of the older videos.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Miku Miku Dance is what I assume Luna is referring to by "hatsune miku animated software poo poo"

It would have explained the quality, I guess.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
That was just what I heard, didn't know if it was true or not

Covok
May 27, 2013

I'm actually pretty okay with RWBY Chibi if only because I do miss when Red vs Blue was just a dumb internet show I used to watch during recess or something similar. Though, some of that may be nostalgia.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

RWBY chibi exists because of anime SD spinoffs

RWBY is animated using poser, specifically an outdated poser that monty liked because it met his workflow.

Who knows if it was upgraded for season 3

Season 2 synchtube next Sunday 9PM BST

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Covok posted:

For Chibi or the main series? Because the main series uses a version of poser as the late Monty Oum was most familiar with that animation software and they didn't want a shift to a new animation software to hinder his fight choreography.

LMAO, Monty Oum's greatest accomplishment was making people think he was a good animator.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If you have a question about rwby, the answer is "monty watched an anim"

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Which anime resulted in that bullying arc at the end of the first season?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Namtab posted:

If you have a question about rwby, the answer is "monty watched an anim"

tbf the answer may also be that one of the other two writers watched an anime.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Level Slide posted:

Which anime resulted in that bullying arc at the end of the first season?

This may actually be the one thing based more on Western cartoons, because it's near identical to the bullying arc in literally every single kids show in the entire US.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

That explains why the whole thing was so jarring, even in the RWBY vacuum.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Covok posted:

I'm actually pretty okay with RWBY Chibi if only because I do miss when Red vs Blue was just a dumb internet show I used to watch during recess or something similar. Though, some of that may be nostalgia.

I don't know aside from some bad jokes, the first three seasons of RVB held up when I watched them a couple of months ago.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
The secret about RWBY is that it is way more like a saturday morning cartoon like Totally Spies or some poo poo than it is anime.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Golden Battler posted:

The secret about RWBY is that it is way more like abject loving garbage than it is anime.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

yeah that

I still kinda like it though, just like I used to like Totally Spies

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You ever gonna finish that synchtube watch the whole show thing

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

The Shortest Path posted:

You ever gonna finish that synchtube watch the whole show thing

Luna Was Here posted:

Namtab confirmed pussy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Vol 3 Soundtrack is out and I can finally hear the one song I heard this volume I care about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REJ8voKowPw

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
i randomly decided to click this thread and was greeted to poser animes (HEH) being in the club music and I was all whoa did rwby go to the club untz untz but then the vocals kicked in and it was dead

this is my tale

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

While that's one of the less aurally offensive songs Casey Lee Williams has done vocals for, it's still not good. She is not a good singer.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She is not but it's the Neon Katt theme which is why I care

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Baal posted:

She is not but it's the Neon Katt theme which is why I care

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I kind of want to make a bingo sheet for when season 4 starts.

• Locked thread