Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

now would be the perfect time for some unsuspecting goon to pop in and say he just bought a starter pack is this game any good

I started playing Elite: Dangerous today, is that any help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Turd Burglar posted:

I also like to repeatedly slam the refrigerator door on my testicles until I pass out

How do you feel about Bitcoin?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

now would be the perfect time for some unsuspecting goon to pop in and say he just bought a starter pack is this game any good

It's a perfect time to be trying to offload this special prize jpeg :smith:

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

TTerrible posted:

How do you feel about Bitcoin?

Strongly

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It stayed a secret for longer than nine seconds and is therefore a win in my book.

I'm guessing a bunch of CIG engineers are running this through computers all weekend.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Klyith posted:

It's amazing how history has given full context to Romero & Daikatana as "dumb, but not actually criminal or even completely incompetent when you think about it". After all they managed to ship multiple games before they died. 50% of them weren't terrible even! The people at the top were arrogant and terrible at their jobs of being corporate executives, but at least they knew how to make a game.

It was a crazy trainwreck at the time, but now on a honest list of the stupidest & most expensive blunders in videogames they wouldn't even make the top 5.

Yeah, I think it has been said a couple of times already in the thread, but Romero is probably by far the greatest beneficiary from this whole project. After well over a decade of being “the guy who once made a great game and then pissed it all away”, he will finally, not so much hand over the crown as hire a crack team of rocketeers to send the crown into the stratosphere. That's how far the new king and title holder has surpassed him.

His relief must be palpable. :haw:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

I'm guessing a bunch of CIG engineers are running this through computers all weekend.

Yeah, and they can spin up all the computers at Google Compute Engine or Amazon Web Services or the "cloud" or whatever so they have supercomputers worth of processing power at their disposal.

So it's gonna get cracked any minute now.

So someone tell me!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Hey reddit,

archive this

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Scruffpuff posted:

Star Marine, Arena Commander, Squadron 42, Star Citizen PTU, Star Citizen PU

Star Citizen bad

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007
For a while, I didn't care about the money I dropped on this game, because I've spent money on worse things.

Just finally bothered to request a refund out of principle.

This Wu Tang secret was enough for me to push the button.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

D1E posted:

Yeah, and they can spin up all the computers at Google Compute Engine or Amazon Web Services or the "cloud" or whatever so they have supercomputers worth of processing power at their disposal.

So it's gonna get cracked any minute now.

So someone tell me!
Those fuckers can't make a ship move W when you press W, without it also veering towards the D. How the gently caress are they going to break the Smart-lock?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

D_Smart posted:

Google's cloud goes down when they fire up 10,000 instances for the cause.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
"Veering towards the D" is the name of my autobiography.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU
If you're trying to keep Croberts' attention away from your terrible secret until you drop it, Derek, then maybe "crack" isn't the best word to be throwing around

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

Hello thread, been lurking for a long while. You guys seem to be having a hard time, so I come bearing distressing amounts of cats as a gift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0A3JhPaeVI

Stay safe commandos. o8

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

D_Smart posted:

And yet another person I spoke with, made a point that I had missed. If you look in the script, there are some unintelligible strings. These are likely linked to game scripts and or code that indicates where that dialog happens. Such strings are also found in some localization resources.
Yeah I suspect the cues are for animation files. Cryengine uses Track View to create it's cutscenes and this is done via a WYSIWYG timeline editor, a bit like Source Filmmaker.
And yes there is a non-skippable toggle box.

Also Track View can render out in-game scenes into an image sequence to import into another program. So it's why you kind of have to treat "in-game graphics" with a fair pinch of salt. While it may be the case you are looking at something that potentially is made up of several chunk of scenes stitched together in post.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Is there any legal impediment to you visiting younger members of you extended family?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Full Metal Boxers posted:

If you're trying to keep Croberts' attention away from your terrible secret until you drop it, Derek, then maybe "crack" isn't the best word to be throwing around

Heh, that did make me snort with laughter.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Huh? No ever pronounced Kage as "Cage."

Matthew Cox posted:

"During a meeting I explained to John that I was working on the end-game cinematics with Kage [the antagonist]. I pronounced it 'Cage.' Romero giggled. 'Who? What? What are you working on?' I said it again. Now everyone was laughing at me. Romero: 'Who? Say it again!' Me: 'Um ... Kage?' Romero: 'No, dude! It's pronounced Kah-gee!' Me: 'Um ... well, you better check the voiceover recordings, because it's 'Cage.' And suddenly Romero's face turned white. Half the audio in the game had his name pronounced wrong, and it was too late to fix."

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Dear commandos,

I know you guys are reading this thread, why not show your confidence in this project by buying my special edition reclaimer space ship for a song, hit me up nomodsnomasters at gmail

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

Heh, that did make me snort with laughter.

ill bet it made you snort with something

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Brumaldo posted:

Hello thread, been lurking for a long while. You guys seem to be having a hard time, so I come bearing distressing amounts of cats as a gift.

Stay safe commandos. o8

drat, i miss my catte

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Brumaldo posted:

Stay safe commandos. o8

Those cattes :3: If they are yours please post more

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

now is it kah-gee pronounced like in the Beegees or like in geese

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

They're not. Sorry commandos.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

The name of that cat video on YouTube is ADpHvPO

Is that a clue?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They told me because they were tired of me saying was an April fools thing, and it owns guys

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Hey cultists. Why don't you just loving post here instead of living the thread second hand?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Brumaldo posted:

They're not. Sorry commandos.

its ok you can still post.

its now or never anyway.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

TTerrible posted:

Is there any legal impediment to you visiting younger members of you extended family?

No, I hate star trek

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Toops posted:

Thing is, Unity does so much work for you, it's hard not to make good progress. I just went to the unity store, picked out a package that had all these prefabs designed to make a "sci-fi interior," paid 25 bux, downloaded/imported it, and got to work. Took me about 2 hours to go from zero to this.

And that's the key: picking the right tools for the job makes all the difference, imo.

poo poo dude, have you ever thought about putting this project on kickstarter?

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

Sillybones posted:

Hey cultists. Why don't you just loving post here instead of living the thread second hand?

Lmao if you think they have any money left to register after the sweet sales cig just had

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

starkebn posted:

poo poo dude, have you ever thought about putting this project on kickstarter?

After you hit funding cancel the project so everything comes full circle

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Turd Burglar posted:

No, I hate star trek

Lmao

eviljack
Feb 26, 2016

You're getting hungry
in b4 SWAT raid to bust up CIG cocaine ring

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

eviljack posted:

in b4 SWAT raid to bust up CIG cocaine ring

Is that it?

Is Chris Roberts using Ben as a drug mule, taking advantage of his cavernous stomach to transport cocaine in condoms?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

Hey who is on the discord that can/will invite me?

https://discordapp.com/invite/0sasVA7SRFDxTrlh

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU

Brumaldo posted:

Stay safe commandos. o8

You will go far here.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

Yeah, someone from SA is buying reddit gold for the good folks at /r/dereksmart.

Of all the stupid poo poo these people ever said this has to be the dumbest.

I swear those guys over there are a few sips short of a full bottle.

• Locked thread