Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
I saw each LOTR film more than ten times. FOTR was 18 times, TTT 16 and ROTK 17. I wrote it all down in a journal which is how I know this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HIJK posted:

I saw each LOTR film more than ten times. FOTR was 18 times, TTT 16 and ROTK 17. I wrote it all down in a journal which is how I know this.

I... I guess I'm impressed you found enough time in the day.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Having a big Friday drop is not necessarily a sign a trouble. The final Harry Potter movie and 2nd Twilight movie also had 70% second Friday drop, and the former is another billion dollar WB movie.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

ImpAtom posted:

I... I guess I'm impressed you found enough time in the day.

It was over an eight month period and I was 11-13 at the time.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I can count the films I've seen twice in the cinema on one hand. I barely get a chance to see 10% of the films I want to see as it is.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

When i was in high school me and my friends saw Kill Bill part 1 like at least half a dozen times. We had a cheap theater in my hometown though. Sin City was another one I saw a bunch.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I see movies I love at least 2-3 times in the theater. A lot of people do actually.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

achillesforever6 posted:

There is no honor at fighting at range, been that way since the Iliad.

On the one hand, great post/name combo. But Homer gave Teucer plenty of props.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I think Titanic is the go-to answer for this. That thing was in theatres for like eight months.
Titanic is an old school Hollywood epic's last horrah before the century ended. I think it spoke to a type of phenomenon that films don't become anymore; and less and less people remember.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mordiceius posted:

I remember when I was in 6th grade and Titanic came out, a few of the girls would brag about having seen it six or seven times.

I saw Fury Road twice. I know a few people who saw Deadpool three times. Other than Fury Road, I don't think I've even seen a movie twice in theaters.

Titanic is a different beast all together, you really can't compare its fans viewing habits to, like, anything else. Although apparently my grandmother watched the Errol Flynn Robin Hood in theaters like a dozen times.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It was easier when a movie ticket was two bits.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I saw the first Spider-man flick three times on opening day.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also there used to be DICK all to do. Even in the 90s, video games weren't very mainstream and the internet was barely a thing.

Early 2000s wasn't too much better.

Now? Oh God you have to schedule to make time AWAY from the internet now

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There used to be plenty of poo poo to do. In my shithole town in the early 90's we had laser tag, two bowling alleys, go carts, three theaters, two youth clubs. And that isn't even county the illegal poo poo we did.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It was easier when a movie ticket was two bits.

While it was certainly cheaper back then, there was more to it. I don't think it's a coincidence that my mother's name is Robin.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Skwirl posted:

Titanic is a different beast all together, you really can't compare its fans viewing habits to, like, anything else. Although apparently my grandmother watched the Errol Flynn Robin Hood in theaters like a dozen times.

Movies were in theaters way longer back in the day and got re-released quite a bit due to lack of home video options.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Luminous Obscurity posted:

I'm honestly curious about this too. Like I know Star Wars nerds will see Star Wars films like three times on the first week, but I always figured most people see a film once, maybe twice in theaters.

There's a Star Wars podcast I listen to and I think each of the three hosts has seen Force Awakens 20 times now, which is just mind-boggling.

...but not as mind-boggling as the fact that the main host apparently saw The Phantom Menace 76 times in theaters. I know this because he recently complained about how mean people are by making fun of him for this.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I've watched Empire Strikes back almost every week for like at minimum 20 years. Come at me.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I rarely see movies in a theater more than once (new releases I mean, screenings of older films is a different thing). The only one I've seen twice recently is, embarrassingly, Age of Ultron. :suicide:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

There's a Star Wars podcast I listen to and I think each of the three hosts has seen Force Awakens 20 times now, which is just mind-boggling.

...but not as mind-boggling as the fact that the main host apparently saw The Phantom Menace 76 times in theaters. I know this because he recently complained about how mean people are by making fun of him for this.

This is autism spectrum poo poo.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Daveski posted:

I rarely see movies in a theater more than once (new releases I mean, screenings of older films is a different thing). The only one I've seen twice recently is, embarrassingly, Age of Ultron. :suicide:

What's embarrassing about that? Unless you were doing it for the purposes of sexual satisfaction or something, in which case you should probably do that in your home.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Boogaleeboo posted:

What's embarrassing about that? Unless you were doing it for the purposes of sexual satisfaction or something, in which case you should probably do that in your home.

Because I spent a lot of money to see a lousy movie twice. You're right though, not embarrassing - "regretfully" would've been a better word.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Boogaleeboo posted:

Unless you were doing it for the purposes of sexual satisfaction or something, in which case you should probably do that in your home.

Wait, what?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

I take it you object to keeping people that ironically masturbate to bad movies out of our public cinemas? Well you are entitled to that opinion, but I for one do *not* share it.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Daveski posted:

Yeah for me the most recent one I doubled up on was Avengers, primarily to try and figure out why I disliked it so much the first time when my friends enjoyed it.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
*ejaculates ironically*

You see, I am already eating from the trash can all of the time

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Whenever I hear someone say "OH MY GOD THERE IS ANOTHER CAR IN FRAME, I'M ALMOST FINISHED!" I just jump backwards over the seat and start punching them in the face. It's for the good of society.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Finally watched Ant-Man since it came to Starz this weekend. It was actually pretty rad, definitely within the better half of MCU movies. You could also definitely see Wright's influence, although it sucks that he didn't actually get to direct.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The both times I saw movies in theaters multiple times it was because I was taking my family. Can't imagine doing it alone twice, that's why I bought a bluray player.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Boogaleeboo posted:

I take it you object to keeping people that ironically masturbate to bad movies out of our public cinemas? Well you are entitled to that opinion, but I for one do *not* share it.

You sonofabitch.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Guy A. Person posted:

Finally watched Ant-Man since it came to Starz this weekend. It was actually pretty rad, definitely within the better half of MCU movies. You could also definitely see Wright's influence, although it sucks that he didn't actually get to direct.

I watched ant man tonight and it's really good. An MCU movie that is intentionally funny and makes it work. Can't wait for the wasp.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

He said he wants to be in Infinity War and noted that casting isn't done for it yet, but that he hasn't been approached by Marvel to do it so far.

I could see Loki replacing Mephisto in Infinity Gauntlet.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rough Lobster posted:

I could see Loki replacing Mephisto in Infinity Gauntlet.

Hey, Marvel's sharing the Spider-Man rights, they can use Mephisto! :downsrim:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ghost Rider should just end Civil War with his Shame power. It's like the Penance Stare, but he wags his fingers at the combatants while a ghostly "shaaaaaame" permeates the air.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The MSJ posted:

Ghost Rider should just end Civil War with his Shame power. It's like the Penance Stare, but he wags his fingers at the combatants while a ghostly "shaaaaaame" permeates the air.

They could do a crossover with Game of Thrones and have Shame Nun as his sidekick.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

lomzus posted:

and the greatest

Daaaamn look at all them cars!

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvS351QKFV4

KHAAAAN!

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

Eastbound Spider posted:

Daaaamn look at all them cars!

We're in for so many battered and bruised bonnets

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

"Wheeee I'm an airplane! Wooooooooosh! Vrrrrrrm!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Chairman Capone posted:

I think those people might be insane?

• Locked thread