Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Skunkrocker posted:

Holy poo poo, this much salt over me posting "git gud" in the thread and all from the mother fuckers who give me poo poo all the time and tell me to "calm down, skunkrocker", and yet I was loving kidding. That turret was absolute bullshit and led to like 90% of our downs.

I'm upset you didn't quote me. I thought we were a team!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I believe the phrase is "take a break, Skunkrocker"

Also, take a break, Skunkrocker.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

So, No Witnesses.
1. Stealth the heist as normal, preferably without using any pagers.
2. There are 3 guards in the basement; take them out quietly.
3. This leaves, on Overkill, 8 guards up top. Use your remaining pager on one of these guards. Take out and bag the construction workers if you can.
4. The final rush varies depending on where the escape is. In either case, consider starting things off with a grenade to identify all guard locations.
a. Boat escape is a bit of a crapshoot. One player should run each "aisle" between trains, taking down enemies. Each kill should be counted up so you know when you hit the goal.
b. Van escape is easier. 3 players on the overpass, 1 on the middle level underneath, covering the area under the overpass. Count up kills to 7 as before, then run to the van. Watch out that the lower player covering the blind spot can have a blind spot immediately in front of them.

When I got it, we did it the other way around entirely. With the boat escape, you have easy access to the basement so we left the three guards and both civs alive down there and instead used all four pagers on guards topside. When it came time to go loud, I cleaned out the basement with ease since everything was easy to locate while the others swept through the trainyard and picked off the four remaining guards.

My thought is that you're best off saving your pagers until you know which escape you've got and then adjust accordingly, using my method if you get the boat and yours if you get the van.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Discendo Vox posted:

So, No Witnesses.
1. Stealth the heist as normal, preferably without using any pagers.
2. There are 3 guards in the basement; take them out quietly.
3. This leaves, on Overkill, 8 guards up top. Use your remaining pager on one of these guards. Take out and bag the construction workers if you can.
4. The final rush varies depending on where the escape is. In either case, consider starting things off with a grenade to identify all guard locations.
a. Boat escape is a bit of a crapshoot. One player should run each "aisle" between trains, taking down enemies. Each kill should be counted up so you know when you hit the goal.
b. Van escape is easier. 3 players on the overpass, 1 on the middle level underneath, covering the area under the overpass. Count up kills to 7 as before, then run to the van. Watch out that the lower player covering the blind spot can have a blind spot immediately in front of them.

Interesting. I did this solo, burned 3 pagers to the guards in basement, one to one guard in the middle aisles and when it was time, I ran a lap around the yard killing everyone and then ran to boat escape. Had around 4 seconds left when I got there. I was pretty sure getting the van would make the cheevo impossible, but of course you can have people sniping on the overpass.

You don't need to kill the civs by the way.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Those are all excellent strats- my group just kept finding there wasn't enough time to really sweep the yard if guards were far away from each other.

Question on Boiling Point: is the escape always on the opposite side from your spawn?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Skunkrocker's gone past the boiling point

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

from the mother fuckers who give me poo poo all the time and tell me to "calm down, skunkrocker"

You mean the moderators?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
What's funny is LM said it first, so talk about persecution complexes

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I bought a poop gun ironically.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
One of the times I did "No Witnesses," we killed all the guards before we even got all the EMP parts to the van :smug: :smugdog: :smugteddie:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

UnknownMercenary posted:

I actually like it

edit: i just realized that this is not a surprise for anyone

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

Question on Boiling Point: is the escape always on the opposite side from your spawn?

It seems to be random, independent of the spawn point. I've seen it at the spawn point and not. It's best for the runner to grab the briefcase when the server carriers get a little ways past the wall, but before they commit to one side.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

ClonedPickle posted:

It seems to be random, independent of the spawn point. I've seen it at the spawn point and not. It's best for the runner to grab the briefcase when the server carriers get a little ways past the wall, but before they commit to one side.

I just grab the briefcase when I first get in- to my knowledge there's no advantage in leaving it for the end.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Is that COP? The skin has that feel of "this is a really nice design for something that wouldn't wind up on a gun". Plus the nonsensical label.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Discendo Vox posted:

I just grab the briefcase when I first get in- to my knowledge there's no advantage in leaving it for the end.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Anyway, by leaving the briefcase alone, you can turn on the infinite assault when you're ready, and the server has already been moved as close to the escape as possible. Grab briefcase, and run like hell. My assumption is that, since it's not a bag, even if the runner goes into custody, someone will get the case and be able to exit. This assumption has not been tested.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Skunkrocker posted:

Holy poo poo, this much salt over me posting "git gud" in the thread and all from the mother fuckers who give me poo poo all the time and tell me to "calm down, skunkrocker", and yet I was loving kidding. That turret was absolute bullshit and led to like 90% of our downs.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

Do you have LuciferMorningstar on ignore or something? Grabbing the briefcase last is a really good idea, at least if you're having trouble with the escape. But, hey, if you wanna keep grabbing the briefcase right away, more power to you.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

ClonedPickle posted:

Do you have LuciferMorningstar on ignore or something? Grabbing the briefcase last is a really good idea, at least if you're having trouble with the escape. But, hey, if you wanna keep grabbing the briefcase right away, more power to you.

I just ignored the gitgud guide to camping corners. I've not found the escape particularly difficult-running the server out during an assault isn't a substantial burden.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

I've not found the escape particularly difficult-running the server out during an assault isn't a substantial burden.

Yes, tell me about how you completed DW Boiling Point on Thursday night. Oh wait...

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

I just ignored the gitgud guide to camping corners. I've not found the escape particularly difficult-running the server out during an assault isn't a substantial burden.

On Death Wish? Because I just assume all talk of Pro Strats applies to Death Wish. But I suppose after Fresh Blue Hell I haven't actually tried grabbing the briefcase immediately on Death Wish, I guess I should! It'll be fun.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Yes, tell me about how you completed DW Boiling Point on Thursday night. Oh wait...

We've been over this before. I'm not pursuing it again. Get over yourself.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

We've been over this before. I'm not pursuing it again. Get over yourself.

It has been pointed out to me that you have not, in fact, completed DW Boiling Point as of this post. So I'm a little confused as to how you assert knowledge about the difficulty of the escape at this point in time, regardless of your ultimate conclusion. Perhaps you might wish to pursue that point?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

This is all very stupid.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Heads up if anyone else just revisits the game when there is new "stealth" stuff to do, you'll need 2 hours to finish everything from the last update.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
murky station is fun but there is not enough murlocs

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Afraid of Audio posted:

murky station is fun but there is not enough murlocs
Eh I might be asking too much from the game, but it felt like they just had a intern cobble up a gently caress-off stealth mission so people stop whining for a week.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

It has been pointed out to me that you have not, in fact, completed DW Boiling Point as of this post. So I'm a little confused as to how you assert knowledge about the difficulty of the escape at this point in time, regardless of your ultimate conclusion. Perhaps you might wish to pursue that point?

holy poo poo how the gently caress do you care so much about this silly game

it is not healthy

this is coming from someone who has spent a substantial portion of the last 5 years of his life playing various old-rear end video games for the internet

GET HELP

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

I'll think about that once I start compiling documents with video game design fan-fiction.

Until then... *deeply inhales scent of shitposts*

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Colour me surprised someone glorified being a masochist to spite game mechanics that were broken for one day.

Abusing game versions to make WR speedruns, sure, that's understandable. But using it as a platform to be smug in high speed low drag PvE cop clicking simulator PD2? :yikes:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I've been rocking an akimbo SMG, Grindr, low-detection build and it's made me realize just how good the micro uzi is since I've been forced to use it more than my primaries because lmao 1800 effective RPM. I just built one for maximum concealment but it's still cutting down people like crazy.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

Is that COP? The skin has that feel of "this is a really nice design for something that wouldn't wind up on a gun". Plus the nonsensical label.

Yes. In spite of how ugly it is the mint condition version actually goes for a good amount of money.

watho posted:

I've been rocking an akimbo SMG, Grindr, low-detection build and it's made me realize just how good the micro uzi is since I've been forced to use it more than my primaries because lmao 1800 effective RPM. I just built one for maximum concealment but it's still cutting down people like crazy.

It is so good. They buffed it so much but people still rarely use it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The final Megamasks are here and there isn't a Mega Richard.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Mega Mark is pretty drat sweet.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

I'm upset you didn't quote me. I thought we were a team!

That's why I didn't, fool. Bros 4 lyfe.

Also I wanna heist like as soon as I get home from work, still wanna do that 100% DW Murky run. We were so close last time!

That's disappointing, but Mega Mark looks cool. Not sure how I feel about the others, but, hey! Fan vote, right? Everyone is happy.

I really wanted a Mega Jean Claude. :smith:

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Apr 3, 2016

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Mega Gage Blade might be the first mask I spend gagecoins duplicating. Most of the mega masks don't mesh well with a lot of patterns. Mega boom box was probably a pipedream, daft punk helmets with particle effects could never be a bad thing.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

watho posted:

I discovered it with my Grinder fartgun build about two months ago - it really is a crazy fun gun. I actually rarely use my primary, since the micro-uzi just eats cops alive. It seriously needs more usage.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Mega mark makes akimbo SMGs all the sweeter :hellyeah:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The only problem with Gage Blade and Doctor Crime is that they look really samey outside of their split between red and green. Mega Grin I'm okay with as its the first infamous item I got from the RNG and its OVK history. But gently caress Mega Zombie. What in the gently caress, that is the most boring thing ever. Who loving wears regular zombie?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

kalstrams posted:

Eh I might be asking too much from the game, but it felt like they just had a intern cobble up a gently caress-off stealth mission so people stop whining for a week.

Murky Station has safe spots absolutely everywhere, all the mission equipment has audio cues telling you where they are, there's a whiteboard displaying the location of every piece of equipment, and drones give you a lot of advance warning before they actually turn on. It's absolutely not a gently caress-off stealth mission and clearly had a lot of thought put into it.

e: there's even a place for people who aren't good at stealth to hang out and spot guards with the theia scope with no risk of getting spotted. Have someone good at stealth carry you through while you actually perform a useful task. Best stealth heist in the game bar none IMO.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 3, 2016

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
It instantly replaced Shadow Raid as my favorite heist and might replace Art Gallery as my favorite solo soon. I haven't tried it yet, but I might once I learn the patterns a bit more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The one complaint I have is guards doing 180-degree turns with no warning or anything, pathing is a little weird but it's manageable when you're never more than a stone's throw from an absolutely safe spot.