Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

It was written one night, RMT are pretty glorious guys. Ungaar's voice is like liquid silk in my ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
did goons win the big war?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

hakimashou posted:

did goons win the big war?

Judging by the amount of hurfing going on in this thread? Both sides are winning and :smug:ing it up real hard.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Groon was the only ever true and pure Goon corp.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Ice Fist posted:

Judging by the amount of hurfing going on in this thread? Both sides are winning and :smug:ing it up real hard.

Pretty much every EVE war ever, right here.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
As someone who has not logged into this game in half a decade is there any way for me to take a look at my character's skills and poo poo without resubbing?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ice Fist posted:

ya im not reading this thread i dont know anything about eve and dont want to I just want to know if goons won the eve war

:confuoot:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Well, I hate to not be playing when things are happening. I'm reading about a lot of groups and individuals leaving Imperium, and wars?

Question, I haven't really played since before the sov changes, let's say I was one of the many morons making isk with a semi-afk ishtar setup around ju-. Has my income source/stream been hosed with? For someone who has been playing on and off since 2012 I basically have the income stream of a typical goon at about 12 months in, because I am lazy as hell. If something's changed that makes that non viable, it's probably gonna put too much of a burden on me to really want to play again because I am fuuucking lazy, unless there is a new, amazing, equally effortless income stream to replace it.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

literally less than half an hour before EVE goes down to a DDOS or something

hi tux :3:

lots of weird things have happened.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

schaden sucks rear end there i said it

he's uncannily good at not dying in sabres

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

As someone who has not logged into this game in half a decade is there any way for me to take a look at my character's skills and poo poo without resubbing?

You should be able to go to https://www.api.eveonline.com and access your characters API, then go to https://www.eveboard.com or use EVEMon to check the skills without having to be subscribed.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Was? Don't tell me they're gone now? :(

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

scandoslav posted:

he's uncannily good at not dying in sabres

not being subbed, not undocking, not being in fights will do that #gotem

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

hemophilia posted:

Was? Don't tell me they're gone now? :(

they turned into hole squad and hole squad is dead now so rip

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

nigga crab pollock posted:

they turned into hole squad and hole squad is dead now so rip

We're not dead goddamit.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
somebody forgot to tell the 50 or so people who showed up at the state of the sqwid

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Mederlock posted:

The SV deployments to Syndicate and then the stealth bomber poo poo we did after back then was pretty drat sweet. My name in-game was Joba Korako, and after reading the new stuff going down I think I'm gonna roll up my sleeves and come back as well. The UI sure has been overhauled to some degree from what I last remembered, re-learning this game is gonna be a proper nightmare.

SV doesn't really exist in GSF as it once did. Mark Artreides took over the sig when suas/bos were kicked from gsf. EU TZ was pretty much all bos anyway, US TZ either joined bos or joined hole squad (and then went afk)

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

But for real, can I still do the AFK ishtar setup? I haven't played since before the sov changes so I sincerely don't know, and that was pretty much my reliable income source.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Oodles posted:

It was written one night, RMT are pretty glorious guys. Ungaar's voice is like liquid silk in my ears.

Definitely worth the top-3 EVE songs of all times, together with How To Stay Aligned by Cearul and the immortal HTFU by Permaband.

Also, that "ooops wrong cable" moment when.....

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

hemophilia posted:

But for real, can I still do the AFK ishtar setup? I haven't played since before the sov changes so I sincerely don't know, and that was pretty much my reliable income source.

The thing to do it with is Chimeras now. Except I think they're changing that soon, so I 'unno. Rattlesnakes would be my guess.

Edit: the PVE guide says its still doable with Ishtars. :shrug:

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Apr 3, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Is GFSFM still around? I still have a bunch of the old radio bumps from that.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
afktars are still perfectly viable though :shrug:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

darth cookie posted:

The thing to do it with is Chimeras now. Except I think they're changing that soon, so I 'unno. Rattlesnakes would be my guess.

Edit: the PVE guide says its still doable with Ishtars. :shrug:

I had and have no plans to get a capital setup going. I don't want to put th effort required to plex multiple accounts, and I don't want to pay $30 a month for this game. If ishtars are workable that's fine with me even if the isk/hr isnt as good.

Aztech
May 30, 2009

Landsknecht posted:

in the name of the truth i really dont care about culture but y'all sure seem to be worked up about saying that nothing is wrong, definitely not, nope, nothing at all wrong

You dont care and yet you are responsible for this happening on a page largely of your posts.

I am the gooniest goon that ever gooned though, just so you dont call my e-forum racial purity into question.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Keep in mind anyone can assign contracts to your corporation (including hostiles). You should be clicking the issuer's name on the contract to verify the seller is blue. Not checking that is how those 100mm plated battleship/t3 losses happened.

I almost got caught today. We were in fleet earlier and the fc needed more logi. Some guy volunteered but had no ship. I decided to buy one on contract to loan him. Its a good thing I checked what was the contract and who was selling because instead of a Basilisk, it was a Basilisk BPC.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Landsknecht posted:

I went fuckgoons cause it was a funny thing to do and to get some laffs (I can't even really remember why - a few months later I moved to a new country so that's what I remember from that year), but that was like 4 years ago; time flies.

You'd have to really have your head in the sand to think that GSF is actually "goony" anymore. I don't want to get into the "true goon" bullshit, but the reality is that GSF is now majority pubbies; not that these are bad pubbie, many of these corps like MRCHI and the TCF guys have a really long and great bro history with goons stretching back 10 years, but they still aren't SA-sourced "goons." When I look on evemaps, which is cold, hard numbers, the biggest corp is now the reddit one, not goonwaffe, which has slightly over 3k characters in a 17k character alliance. Even if I give the benefit of the doubt to GSF and say that another 3000 of the characters are goon alts in altcorps, it still means that GSF is 2/3rds pubbies.

While I'm not going to try to find info on the GSF/GS goon/pubbie historical ratio, from a somewhat outside perspective it looks to me like GSF isn't really a goon alliance anymore, but rather just a big eve alliance which has a decent-sized goon component at it's center. To compare with this, TEST, which is another external community alliance, has Dreddit consisting of over 40% of it's membership (and even more - closer to 80% - if I use the same altcorp math I used for GSF).

The conclusion that I'd probably draw from this is that GSF likely traded the idea of being a true goon alliance (sourcing the majority of alliance members from SA) for nullsec longevity and power in EVE. Just looking through the GSF corps on evemaps one gets the idea that over the past 5 years GSF has hoovered up corps from various failed/broken allies in order to maintain a certain bulk and strength.

Hi friend,

J4G Dalael here. I feel for you dude, I really do. Us ~NotTrueGoons~ have definitely conquered the mighty goonswarm from the inside. Its something we've been working on for years and discuss every Thursday at 17:45 in our pretend AA meetings. We've done it right under Vyst's nose too. Poor guy, he never had a chance.

See, when too many ~TrueGoons~ like you got butthurt over minor details such as a name change, Mittani making a website or simply cuz it was 'funny' to go gently caress goons, they had no choice but let many waves of us in. You know, people who actually don't get mad because of space pixels or being called names. Pubbies who are not 12 years old kids who cry to the teacher.

What I'm trying to say in so many words, can be resumed with Deadtear's 3 favorite words: "Shut up idiot"

Doctor Nick
Dec 27, 2003

the current conspiracy theory on r/eve is that the servers were DDOSed by someone from imperium because they're winning a bunch of timers because of this.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dalael posted:

Hi friend,

J4G Dalael here. I feel for you dude, I really do. Us ~NotTrueGoons~ have definitely conquered the mighty goonswarm from the inside. Its something we've been working on for years and discuss every Thursday at 17:45 in our pretend AA meetings. We've done it right under Vyst's nose too. Poor guy, he never had a chance.

See, when too many ~TrueGoons~ like you got butthurt over minor details such as a name change, Mittani making a website or simply cuz it was 'funny' to go gently caress goons, they had no choice but let many waves of us in. You know, people who actually don't get mad because of space pixels or being called names. Pubbies who are not 12 years old kids who cry to the teacher.

What I'm trying to say in so many words, can be resumed with Deadtear's 3 favorite words: "Shut up idiot"

Stop doing this, it makes me uncomfortable because I have trouble reconciling stuff like this with your Peruvian Atlantis fantasy.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

quote:

As mentioned, Goonswarm leadership knew about all of these issues long before the M-O betrayal. We showed up to defend CO2 time and time again these past few months despite these background issues because that’s who we are, we honor our word--we honor our commitments--even when it is difficult to do so. We have bled and will continue to bleed for our allies, minor and major problems aside, because they would do the same for us.

This is something Gigx, Da Winci, and TheJudge increasingly failed to understand. The Imperium isn’t held together by moons, by isk or by space. It’s held together with intangible bonds forged in blood and sweat, over beers in bars, and on the dance floor in clubs. A CO2 increasingly consumed with greed lost sight of that.

This is what makes me think we're going to win.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

hemophilia posted:

Well, I hate to not be playing when things are happening. I'm reading about a lot of groups and individuals leaving Imperium, and wars?

Question, I haven't really played since before the sov changes, let's say I was one of the many morons making isk with a semi-afk ishtar setup around ju-. Has my income source/stream been hosed with? For someone who has been playing on and off since 2012 I basically have the income stream of a typical goon at about 12 months in, because I am lazy as hell. If something's changed that makes that non viable, it's probably gonna put too much of a burden on me to really want to play again because I am fuuucking lazy, unless there is a new, amazing, equally effortless income stream to replace it.

I'd be disapointed to see you spend money on EVE when you can donate to you know who. :colbert:

Nah just kidding, it'd be cool to play with you.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

darth cookie posted:

Stop doing this, it makes me uncomfortable because I have trouble reconciling stuff like this with your Peruvian Atlantis fantasy.

Get yer facts straight newly appointed direkkktor, its Bolivia. :colbert:

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Dalael posted:

Get yer facts straight newly appointed direkkktor, its Bolivia. :colbert:

holy poo poo really?

They still let Aussies be directors after what happened last time?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

scandoslav posted:

holy poo poo really?

They still let Aussies be directors after what happened last time?

Wow rude.

what happened last time?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Dalael posted:

Hi friend,

If you don't see the cultural shift that happened to an alliance that used the alliance leader panel to encourage it's members to grief a person until he kills himself to one that renamed its coalition to "Imperium" because the old name was not as marketable as it had profanity in it, I don't know what to tell you. But that's not a question of ~TrueGoons~ vs. pubbies because the change seems to be driven not be the unwashed masses demanding that Goons change, but by the Goon controlled leadership that changed their goals for what they want the alliance/coalition to be.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

darth cookie posted:

Wow rude.

what happened last time?

how the gently caress would I know?

congrats arkady, tell the waifu I said hi. :3

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

scandoslav posted:

how the gently caress would I know?

congrats arkady, tell the waifu I said hi. :3

She's very disappointed that you left us but happy that you're feeling better and are doing well away from the game. :)

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

GaussianCopula posted:

If you don't see the cultural shift that happened to an alliance that used the alliance leader panel to encourage it's members to grief a person until he kills himself to one that renamed its coalition to "Imperium" because the old name was not as marketable as it had profanity in it, I don't know what to tell you. But that's not a question of ~TrueGoons~ vs. pubbies because the change seems to be driven not be the unwashed masses demanding that Goons change, but by the Goon controlled leadership that changed their goals for what they want the alliance/coalition to be.

poo poo dude, you're right. I remember last time I decided to grief some guy, Dear Pubbie Leader The Mittani cane to my home and gave me a 2 hour sermon on how I was not nice. He used words like, "Your mother would be ashamed", "St-Peter won't let you through the perly gates", "Think of the children" and my personal favorite "What would Jesus do?".

He really made me see the errors of my ways.

Now I can feel Sion's watchful eyes through my screen whenever I'm about to be bad and I once caught Digi trying to put Bee stickers in my niece backpack, like he did Marlona Sky.

Man have times changed. Now excuse me while I go on goonfleet dot cum to read about someone's latest multi billion isk scam.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
And just so you know... Jesus was a carpenter.
So he built a boat. Its was a big boat and he painted it red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jairock
Apr 1, 2016

Dalael posted:

And just so you know... Jesus was a carpenter.
So he built a boat. Its was a big boat and he painted it red.

I second this .. Go Boat !!!!!

• Locked thread