Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I think I'd make fun of these people if they went to the theater 76 times, no matter the movies they saw. I don't feel like breaking out my calculator but I'm pretty sure that dude spent more money on seeing a Star Wars movie than I spend on my son's clothing all year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Yeah, that just sounds like a very particular manifestation of mental illness.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Viewing #118: I'm sure of it, Rey made blatant eye contact with me this time. Even the audience was aware of it, the tension was unbearable. Soon... soon I will enter the film. I'm getting closer every day.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Remember when those Avatar people tried to kill themselves to enter inside that lovely movie?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I would watch BvS over TFA any day. TFA is just the definition of completely fine, inoffensive, a loosely strung series of events with just not much going on, full of non-characters who tell jokes and do vague hero things. BvS is interesting and confrontational.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010

greatn posted:

I would watch BvS over TFA any day. TFA is just the definition of completely fine, inoffensive, a loosely strung series of events with just not much going on, full of non-characters who tell jokes and do vague hero things. BvS is interesting and confrontational.

Pretty spot on opinion.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

greatn posted:

Oh god no. BvS is not interesting or confrontational in any way. It clearly wishes it was though, which makes it borderline unwatchable.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I felt like wasting 10 minutes of my morning before work. Apologies to the original creator of this masterpiece.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I have seen Dawn of the Dead upwards of a hundred times but that's spread out over 20 years, and even that at some point feels like religious observance. I can't imagine seeing a movie like 20+ times, even if you run a projector I have to think you're reading the newspaper or something.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Everyone name a movie you've watched more than twenty times that wasn't something constantly on TV like Just One Of The Guys.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I've never watched any movie over twenty times. The very idea confounds me. Like...I might have, over the course of my entire life, watched a couple of movies I've really, really loved, like, eight to ten times, but even that seems like a bit of a high estimate.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Everyone name a movie you've watched more than twenty times that wasn't something constantly on TV like Just One Of The Guys.

When I was a kid? Big Trouble in Little China. Maybe...Last Unicorn.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

There was a summer (2003?) wherein my friend and I smoked too much weed, played smash brothers melee, and watched the movie Out Cold everyday for like a month.

I don't think I can quote any lines from that movie today tbh.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I watched The Road to El Dorado at least 100 times when I was younger

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alien.
Aliens
Predator 2

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ooh, and Sin City. I know that movie by heart now. It blew my mind as a 15 year old. It's so quint now isn't it...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
There was one period in college where I went, like, 72 hours without sleep during which I watched the Lost in Space movie with Gary Oldman on cable non-stop for the last 36 hours or so to the point that it reduced me to tears, but even that wasn't twenty times.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

GonSmithe posted:

I watched The Road to El Dorado at least 100 times when I was younger

Yeah but that's a stone cold classic.

Phylodox posted:

There was one period in college where I went, like, 72 hours without sleep during which I watched the Lost in Space movie with Gary Oldman on cable non-stop for the last 36 hours or so to the point that it reduced me to tears, but even that wasn't twenty times.
Why.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I used to work in a theater and apart from having to run three movies simultaneously, there was no sound in the booth anyway. And these days you launch files from a computer terminal. Went to a theater the other day where the terminal wasn't even in the booth, just set up in the foyer. As one of the perks, I did get to see Fellowship of the Ring about six times. Then Two Towers came out and I don't know if it was the movie itself or fatigue from making a double feature of it, but halfway through I was like "gently caress this poo poo" and never touched a piece of LotR media since.

The movie I watched the most in the shortest amount of time was without a doubt the South Park movie, but on VHS. We're talking every single day for two weeks and regularly for a good deal of time afterwards. And stuff like Big Lebowski has to be up there in the double digits just by virtue of how long I've had it.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Robocop, Star Wars, 12 Monkeys, Aliens, Terminator 2, Ghostbusters, Total Recall.

Oh and Die Hard, Army of Darkness, and the original Planet of the Apes.

The Fuzzy Hulk fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 3, 2016

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

My dad's seen Notting Hill at least 20 times, probably many many more. One time he had it on and I asked him what the name of Hugh Grant's character was. He shrugged and said, "Who gives a drat?"

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Rushmore

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Well the first rule is I'm not allowed to talk about it...

Jenny Angel posted:

My dad's seen Notting Hill at least 20 times, probably many many more. One time he had it on and I asked him what the name of Hugh Grant's character was. He shrugged and said, "Who gives a drat?"

He's right. Dad views on films, are the best views.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

That's the right reaction but otherwise what's the deal there? Did he have a thing for Julia Roberts?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
When I was a kid there were two days where I watched Better Off Dead on constant loop

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

That's the right reaction but otherwise ehstd fbe deal there? Did he have a thing for Julia Roberts??

Hang in there.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Maybe the original Transformers movie, when I was between 6 and 10 years old. I think the movie I've seen the most as something close to an adult might be Road Trip, because in college my friends and I would make the mistake of getting high before renting a DVD. Also Road Trip is eminently forgettable.

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick

When I was like 13 I watched Empire Strikes Back so much I could recite all the dialogue in real time.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Braveheart. I loving love Braveheart. I don't now exactly how many times I've watched it, but I know it's for sure over 20. I still even have my Dual-VHS widescreen copy that I bought from my local Blockbuster with money I made from mowing lawns.

Jenny Angel posted:

Notting Hill is a great movie. I still laugh every time Hugh Grant offers Julia Roberts apricots soaked in honey, or when Spike complains about the yogurt tasting like mayo.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
Star Trek The Undiscovered Country my very first VHS my mom got me i watched that movie 100's of times. I loving love that movie.

Greataval fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 3, 2016

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

maybe Toy Story? It was literally the first movie I ever saw in theaters and I did like it for a while.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Probably saw films like Return of the Jedi, Temple of Doom, Gremlins, Ghostbusters, Goonies, and Back to the Future about ten times each in theaters, but then again these were summer films in 83-85 when home video wasn't really a thing yet (we didn't get our first VCR until 86).

I first saw Ghostbusters at a drive-in.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
nevermind

Sir Kodiak fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Apr 3, 2016

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I've probably watched Lost in Translation about 15 times in high school in an attempt to mainline comfyfeels and gf feels. I doubt I've seen any other movie more than 2 or 3 times

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick
I used to have trouble falling asleep if I didn't have some kind of noise on in the background, and Sin City is kinda perfect for that with its constant droning narration. I guess that doesn't count, though.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've seen the Star Wars OT movies more than 50 (maybe even 100 in the case of Jedi) times each. But that was due to some strange circumstances that existed when I was very young more than anything else.

Watching a movie in the theater more than a handful of times on its first run is weird as gently caress.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Big Lebowski and Spinal Tap.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
If I've seen any movie 20 times it's Labyrinth, but it's probably less than that, and mostly the product of growing up with hundreds of mostly-bootleg VHS tapes and no television.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Right after I moved out of my parents house the only thing I had was a laptop with a broken disc drive (couldn't afford internet at the time) and a tiny CRT TV with a built in VHS player. The only VHS I owned? Rain Man. Because of this I've seen Rain Man at least 150 times.

Semper Fudge fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Die Hard, Lion King, Aladdin. I could watch those movies any time of day and be entertained.

• Locked thread