Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Smol posted:

lol I'm 11 points away from gold... and I forgot to select a winner in the CLG vs. Liquid match :negative:

top 1% in my player fantasy though!

Edit: Oh wait... you get 1 point from playing each day. So I still have a chance for double golden dorito! :woop:

does it look like the woop guy has 3 eyes to anyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
That emote has always bothered me, but now I have a pretty good reason why :woop:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

the line for the pins is hilariously long right now.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Photex posted:

will suck cock for pins

i got these cheeeeeeseburgers

Gingerbread House Music fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 3, 2016

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Photex posted:

When I was in Cologne I went there Sunday morning at 8am (the pin store opened at 10am) and there were already ~150 people in front of me. I ended up getting some but that was pretty much the only day where you even had a chance unless you literally skipped half a day of matches.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
Valve could just sell the pins online and make a hojillion dollars but they don't need the money so it's more fun for them to troll nerds at their events.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
There is no way they have enough for all the people up there, some Hyper X dude said the line is wrapping the arena now.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I think it's also an easy, artificial way for them to promote attendance at events. Just like they promote view botting with drops.

e: Haha why and the gently caress is Skadoodle awping for NA over JDM? :psyduck:

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Photex posted:

There's an mlg guy telling everyone in line to leave because they already counted and only have enough for the first 1000.

Literally wrapped around the entire arena 3-4 wide before that.

xsf421 fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 3, 2016

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Purchases were capped at 3 per person in Cologne (which everybody got, of course) and they sold them in 4 batches of 5000 each (Saturday and Sunday, mornings and afternoons) iirc. They didn't check your ticket or anything but I doubt many people stood in line more than once. I'll definitely try to get some again this year, I love those stupid things and selling the keys paid back my tickets several times over.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Katana Gomai posted:

Purchases were capped at 3 per person in Cologne (which everybody got, of course) and they sold them in 4 batches of 5000 each (Saturday and Sunday, mornings and afternoons) iirc. They didn't check your ticket or anything but I doubt many people stood in line more than once. I'll definitely try to get some again this year, I love those stupid things and selling the keys paid back my tickets several times over.

We got one for free with entry, claimable Friday and Saturday. Sunday they're selling off whatever is left at three per person. Line must have filled within seconds of the doors opening, I got here 3 minutes after and it was already done.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

xsf421 posted:

We got one for free with entry, claimable Friday and Saturday. Sunday they're selling off whatever is left at three per person. Line must have filled within seconds of the doors opening, I got here 3 minutes after and it was already done.

Yea in Cologne the store was outside the actual vanue (so you could have just gone there without attending the event itself), which is why we could line up before doors opened on Sunday.

Also gently caress me, Thoooooooooorin is gonna cast the all-star match. notlikethis

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

hope you enjoy the map

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
These guys were voted in by fans, right? :laffo: at nobody from fnatic being on the European team.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

the clutch king except after round 15?

loving brutal

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

TheFlyingLlama posted:

I hoped Hiko was going to react to that...

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Photex posted:

hope you enjoy the map

Nuke better give souvenir drops

TheFlyingLlama posted:

loving brutal

savage

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

loving brutal

Yeah that was a nasty :iceburn:

Also it's good that for the all-star game they got non-casters to cast the game.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Thorin looks like loving death.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

redeye, rlewis, and thorin mean I have to mute this entire game

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

also it would have been hilarious if S1mple had to play for team Europe

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Wow adreN has a fantastic showing at the tournament and Thorin just immediately dumps on him for Liquid losing when he's not even on that team. I wish Thorin would just kill himself.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

just asked and yes Nuke drops are activate.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
on the other hand adren was useless yesterday

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Up Circle posted:

on the other hand adren was useless yesterday

adren finished 2nd behind simple in the last game? :shrug:

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Photex posted:

adren finished 2nd behind simple in the last game? :shrug:

did you watch it? werent you at the event?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Up Circle posted:

did you watch it? werent you at the event?

...i was sitting behind him the whole time, which is why i'm saying i didn't really think he was useless.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

sleppy posted:

redeye, rlewis, and thorin mean I have to mute this entire game

I still don't understand who hears Richard Lewis or Thorin speak and then decides it's a good idea to give them money to talk.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 3, 2016

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
this casting is terrible beyond belief

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Photex posted:

just asked and yes Nuke drops are activate.

Awesome. I wonder what kinds of stickers will be on them since there are no team stickers for this game

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

Awesome. I wonder what kinds of stickers will be on them since there are no team stickers for this game

The All Star stickers were leaked a few days ago. They look pretty dope.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Photex posted:

...i was sitting behind him the whole time, which is why i'm saying i didn't really think he was useless.

lmao if i knew this i would have had u pass a message to him

the message was "B IS loving OPEN U IDIOT PEEK 1 TIME WHILE YOUR IN CHECKERS AND YOUR TEAM IS GOING TO WIN"

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Photex posted:

actually serious question can you hear the team comms on stage over all the noise? do they say anything interesting or is it all boring call outs

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Thorin so edgy

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Up Circle posted:

actually serious question can you hear the team comms on stage over all the noise? do they say anything interesting or is it all boring call outs

i can hear the players but i can't disclose what they are saying sorry. We sit right behind the white noise so it doesn't affect us as much. (it wasn't like that first day we had to listen to white noise for like 12 hours)

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Oh boy it's a LISTEN-IN like a garbage Halo event. :v:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I wanna hear comms but I don't wanna hear Thorin, dammit

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Please keep Thorin and RL at the analysis desk, TIA

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Smol posted:

Please keep Thorin and RL at the analysis desk, TIA

more like keep them in the garbage can

This game should be a strat roulette match. It's fun watching the game but they're playing like it's a real game :v:
e: not anymore they're not.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

This is boring garbage, NA tryharding almost as much as Thorin with his "jokes"