Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ludicrous G. Gibs
Jan 28, 2012

Drinks?
I was going to thank you all for possibly the most entertaining thread I've read on these forums, second only to Brian-san from 2005 or so, but I think Fiona the catte will do a better job of it.

She's also making the face I imagine dsmart's going to make when Roberts comes asking for shelter from the shitstorm. Thbbt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

XK posted:

Exactly, what happens if they actually finish SQ42 Episode 1? They are going to just jump right into Episode 2.

Beyond the fact that Crobert's interest is in the cinematic SQ42, they're hosed technologically on Star Citizen anyway. I know Star Citizen is never coming out in any form similar to what has been promised, and I have huge doubts about them being able to even get out SQ42, but I very badly want to see SQ42 released. I want to see it be just be a wet plop, get critically destroyed, make no money because nobody wants it, and anyone that does want it is already entitled to it, and for that to be the killing blow, short of the FTC swooping in or straight bankruptcy. Chris Roberts managing to release SQ42, and it being a huge nothing burger and getting eviscerated over it, would be pretty entertaining. All the believers still waiting for Star Citizen while Roberts takes his ball and goes home would cause spectacular fireworks.

Now we've seen the script I really really want to see real actors (and Sandi) reading that absolute bollocks in terrible mocap-o-vision.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
got the crack and holy heck who saw that coming

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I don't believe any of you motherfuckers that say you've cracked it

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Bolow posted:

I anticipated that, so I've encrypted proof...

StarBegotten
Mar 23, 2016

Nation posted:

got the crack and holy heck who saw that coming

Yep, its a doozy! :D

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

XK posted:

Exactly, what happens if they actually finish SQ42 Episode 1? They are going to just jump right into Episode 2.

Beyond the fact that Crobert's interest is in the cinematic SQ42, they're hosed technologically on Star Citizen anyway. I know Star Citizen is never coming out in any form similar to what has been promised, and I have huge doubts about them being able to even get out SQ42, but I very badly want to see SQ42 released. I want to see it just be a wet plop, get critically destroyed, make no money because nobody wants it, and anyone that does want it is already entitled to it, and for that to be the killing blow, short of the FTC swooping in or straight bankruptcy. Chris Roberts managing to release SQ42, and it being a huge nothing burger and getting eviscerated over it, would be pretty entertaining. All the believers still waiting for Star Citizen while Roberts takes his ball and goes home would cause spectacular fireworks.

I long for Chris telling the world that it's the realization of his grand vision ever since he was a very small boy, only to turn around one month later when sales figures are in and say that it was actually ruined by things out of his control

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Bolow posted:

i begged someone to share

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Bolow posted:

I guarantee that several have cracked this - Derek has confirmation from some of them. There's a reason those people haven't said a word. Two weeks.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
The backers will really get some worth out of their cognitive dissonance training

Roeben
Jul 23, 2013

Scruffpuff posted:

I guarantee that several have cracked this - Derek has confirmation from some of them. There's a reason those people haven't said a word. Two weeks.

I've heard this "two weeks" thing for like half a year now and nothing has happened.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Scruffpuff posted:

it is that bad?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

intardnation posted:

it is that bad?

It's a sickening and heartbreaking truth.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bolow posted:

You have almost everything you need to instantly decrypt Derek's secret. If you can figure out how it was encrypted there is only one piece of information missing and you can brute force it. You can also just wait until tomorrow when he gives the last clue, but what's the fun in that.

Some people have absolutely solved it, it's worth the effort.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

intardnation posted:

it is that bad?

It's hosed.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Roeben posted:

I've heard this "two weeks" thing for like half a year now and nothing has happened.

It's a biblical two weeks.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

drat Dirty Ape posted:

It's a biblical two weeks.

Can we start using a fortnight instead? It will sound better when the story is retold in the future.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

alphabettitouretti posted:

Now we've seen the script I really really want to see real actors (and Sandi) reading that absolute bollocks in terrible mocap-o-vision.

You can already see Sandi reading absolute bollocks every week, though.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

XK posted:

Can we start using a fortnight instead? It will sound better when the story is retold in the future.

A what? Fork-knife? No.. No. Two weeks.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Bolow posted:

e: then again, I'm really lazy

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Reharakhti posted:

I made some peter gabriel fanart
Hope you see it peter, your videos are the best :3

Not only is this space suit canon now, I already named parts of it, such as the Emergency Helmet Deployment Thingy, or EHDT for short yes

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Does anyone have a link to the script? I had a moment of weakness, skipped a 1000 posts and must have missed it

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AP posted:

Meanwhile at CIG.

Remember when backers called bullshit on the 20K coffee machine? Now CIG post it on social media. They really don't give a gently caress about even pretending to be frugal with backer money any more.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Never forget https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3iKfqaPKkU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

CellarDweller posted:

Derek, if it gets out that you leaked this you are loving finished.

I guess it was pretty loving dumb for him to explicitly say "I gave it to Beer, here you go, also here is some Davinci Code stuff to solve it, lol" then. Pretty easy to tie it to him.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Berious posted:

Remember when backers called bullshit on the 20K coffee machine? Now CIG post it on social media. They really don't give a gently caress about even pretending to be frugal with backer money any more.

everyone with the sense to care has already jumped ship

only plan left is to play to the whalecult

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Scruffpuff posted:

Two weeks wasn't it wednesday tomorrow?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I never thought I would be taking screen caps of forum stuff, but this was a little too wtf for me.

In what reality does this make sense?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I was picturing a big fancy automatic coffee machine that could serve a bunch of people at once. Still wasteful but you can see what they were trying to achieve (no caffeine lines for their perma crunch crew). But something you have to screw around with a taking loving lessons to use is just completely stupid and totally CIG

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Scruffpuff posted:

Well half of one week really. I'm considering asking for Wednesday off due to unforseen circumstances :f5:

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

i absolutely dont believe mr smart would use the "two weeks" as a sarcastic catchphrase, much less one he does not mean literally

he definitely wouldnt use it to bullshit about having info he really doesn't just to rile people up and see how they react

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

XK posted:

And lo, the time of waiting was four and ten nights, giveth or taketh a year.

Cobblers
Feb 5, 2016

Come commandos, on wings of joy we'll fly
To where my bower hangs on high;
Come, and make thy calm retreat,
Among procedurally generated green leaves and blossoms sweet.

Banano posted:

Does anyone have a link to the script? I had a moment of weakness, skipped a 1000 posts and must have missed it

http://pastebin.com/G8fNs8dT

You'll laugh, you'll cry, it'll change your life.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Cobblers is back.

This is good.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sillybones posted:

I never thought I would be taking screen caps of forum stuff, but this was a little too wtf for me.

In what reality does this make sense?

The kind of reality where Star Citizen is coming out.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Star Citizen: Flipping Imaginary Birds, Get The Money, Bit Bit Bitcoin, Ya Heard?

e: Star Citizen: Sick Crowdcoin Mining Rig, Bro

XK
Jul 9, 2001

orcinus posted:

The dumbest poo poo i ever did was to put some isopropanol in the ultrasonic cleaner.
It didn't blow up or anything (concentration too low), but it ate the gaskets.

The first thing I thought of when reading this is when I added lighter fluid into a charcoal grill that wasn't quite started enough. The realization of my mistake was immediate, then seeing the cloud form in front of me, and explode in a fireball as I dove away, cemented the lesson with absolute permanence.

I only use cooking oil, balled-up newspaper, and a chimney starter, to start charcoal grilling anymore. Pro-tip: Lighter fluid sucks, and use chunk charcoal.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Bolow posted:

I want to believe, but I don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

What sites or programs have people used to crack it? I'm back home and want to have a go

• Locked thread