Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

Who's idea was it to have non-casters for a game that could predictably be a bit boring. Some actual casters could at least keep it entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

whodatwhere posted:

Who's idea was it to have non-casters for a game that could predictably be a bit boring. Some actual casters could at least keep it entertaining.

No no it's great, because in an all-star game what I want to hear is Thorin talking about himself.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Let's quick petition the White House to have Obama detain and deport Thorin. It's not too late.

Smurfwow
Apr 23, 2004
I am the King of No Pants

whodatwhere posted:

I've found this pretty entertaining

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I just wish Thorin would shut the gently caress up.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
The crowd just started chanting "Thorin sucks".

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
"Thorin sucks" chant from the audience.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Katana Gomai posted:

This is boring garbage, NA tryharding almost as much as Thorin with his "jokes"

You should see the dota 2 major allstar matches. Literally just 10 players loving about for an hour, not finishing, and doing nothing interesting at all.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Photex, go and smash thorin's headset. Or his face. Either or.

e: After three majors I end up with a Get_Right Nuke Souvenir Package. This is cool and good.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 3, 2016

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

So many awful jokes. Even worse, nerds are laughing hysterically to it on the crowd mics.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Thorin making jokes about banana bread haircut or something and there's some nerd laughing super hard at it in the background

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

this all star game has been so bad I don't even want to watch the grand final anymore

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

qhat posted:

Thorin making jokes about banana bread haircut or something and there's some nerd laughing super hard at it in the background

That sounds like the dude that goes to AGDQ with the weird laugh. Blueglass or whatever.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

RyokoTK posted:

That sounds like the dude that goes to AGDQ with the weird laugh. Blueglass or whatever.
Yeah, that's Blueglass.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Match is fine buf i feel real commentators poining out stuff thats not that easy to grasp from individual povs would do wonders especially on a new and somewhat complex map like nuke

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

ArfJason posted:

Match is fine buf i feel real commentators poining out stuff thats not that easy to grasp from individual povs would do wonders especially on a new and somewhat complex map like nuke

The match is a bunch of pug stars trying to win normally with no team chemistry, rather than goofing off and doing funny stuff like the all-knife round that the entire crowd wanted to see.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I'm so glad I get to enjoy this casting for 40+ rounds

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Thank god it's over.

I think S1mple is the only one that got the memo that it's an all-star match.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

RyokoTK posted:

The match is a bunch of pug stars trying to win normally with no team chemistry, rather than goofing off and doing funny stuff like the all-knife round that the entire crowd wanted to see.

Well yeah itd be better with a real team, and im not saying its fantastic. Its a fine game that could be more entertaining with people who can sell it better

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

RyokoTK posted:

Thank god it's over.

I think S1mple is the only one that got the memo that it's an all-star match.

Niko tried some bullshit earlier but he stopped after Hiko wrecked him with a rifle in melee range.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Niko had a knife kill or two as well. I was hoping for an all M249 round in OT or something though.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Anyway now for the true matches

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArfJason posted:

Well yeah itd be better with a real team, and im not saying its fantastic. Its a fine game that could be more entertaining with people who can sell it better
All three of the caster combos at the event could have sold the match way better.

Gotta get the analysts to cast for no reason, though.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Go for true all-star casting, commission Tasteless and Artosis to cast the game.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Katana Gomai posted:

I'm so glad I get to enjoy this casting for 40+ rounds

the height of comedy, to me, a man who attends csgo events and holds up kappa signs, is a guy calling back to Thing That Happened in a Game #12 or some other guy saying "north america lol!?" 35 times while his fat friend nearly asphyxiates from laughter. You won't believe what movie line he'll mix it with on the 36th go.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Also did you know that Hiko makes money?

As a professional CSGO player and streamer, he gets a salary :laffo::laffo::laffo::tviv:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
*dude is in a 1v5 with 10 seconds to go*
guy 1: Now this guy, is renowned for his clutches... except NOT!!! Remember that last game
guy 2: *rich evans laugh* Oh my god, I remember, holy poo poo yes I do.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Just had another comp ruined by a pair of dudes griefing. I love solo queueing, it's the bestest.

edit: I'd finally gotten my own head right and started playing like I'm supposed to, and so clearly that's when to hit me with the griefer train. I love solo queueing.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen
At least that made me appreciate even the shittiest regular casters.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
They should really go out and have noted retard comedy man TimTheTatman cast the next all-star game.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

ArfJason posted:

the height of comedy, to me, a man who attends csgo events and holds up kappa signs, is a guy calling back to Thing That Happened in a Game #12 or some other guy saying "north america lol!?" 35 times while his fat friend nearly asphyxiates from laughter. You won't believe what movie line he'll mix it with on the 36th go.

"reference game", as the kids say, "on point"

except the kids don't actually say that because his stupid catchphrase isn't catching on no matter how much he tries

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

RyokoTK posted:

Also did you know that Hiko makes money?

As a professional CSGO player and streamer, he gets a salary :laffo::laffo::laffo::tviv:

keep posting

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Mukaikubo posted:

Just had another comp ruined by a pair of dudes griefing. I love solo queueing, it's the bestest.

edit: I'd finally gotten my own head right and started playing like I'm supposed to, and so clearly that's when to hit me with the griefer train. I love solo queueing.

Don't solo q dude. Not if you are at a low rank. If you wanna play comp while your friends are not online, just play on the 5 v 5 community comp servers you can find in the server browser. You get lots of various types of greifers at the lower ranks.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

They should really go out and have noted retard comedy man TimTheTatman cast the next all-star game.

That dude is why I never watch Hiko's stream. They loving ALWAYS play together.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
:ughh:

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

I like Tim's yelling. Its refined and tasteful.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Maguro posted:

Don't solo q dude. Not if you are at a low rank. If you wanna play comp while your friends are not online, just play on the 5 v 5 community comp servers you can find in the server browser. You get lots of various types of greifers at the lower ranks.

dont worry you get the same thing at higher ranks the difference is they know when to force up pistols armor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
no the idea that the crowd should chant and clap clutch every round or whatever