Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

smertrioslol posted:

I convinced Suas to name our new capitol system SCHADENFREUD APPRECIATION STATION :v:

is it a dilapidated hovel in the freezing northern wastelands of EVE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Bought a bunch of different ships from contracts in Saranen the other day to start filling out the various fleet ships, before discovering the Cerberus I bought wasn't actually a doctrine ship but was instead some special snowflake Space Violence fitting :argh:

I think I will sneak it into the next Caracal fleet and try to blend into the background

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

smertrioslol posted:

I convinced Suas to name our new capitol system SCHADENFREUD APPRECIATION STATION :v:

Please rename it to SCHADENFREUDE APPRECIATION STATION if you want to use the best German word, please use it correctly.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

GaussianCopula posted:

Please rename it to SCHADENFREUDE APPRECIATION STATION if you want to use the best German word, please use it correctly.

Schadenfreud is his character's name, misspelled and everything. He did this on purpose because the correct spelling was already taken, which is somehow even worse than if he'd just screwed up. :sun:

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

This character doesn't have standings, but I might still have a few Gallente standings alts from my level 5 days. Do you own the 'Pointy' Loyale twins? I can't imagine anyone else would have bought them.

e: Looks like they're still on my inactive third account. Want to buy some standings characters? Are you even still doing Gallente missions or did you switch to something else?

still doing gallente but I've been kinda lazy about it recently and I should probably test missions with the carrier changes before I commit to investing any more into my set up.

The only gimmicky standing alt name I have is Loyalty Points, which, I'm still amazed was available when I made it. Most of mine were higher SP characters since I always had lots of liquid and barebones standing alts were always horribly overpriced, then sp extracting was added and I was able to free up 80b while keeping my set up intact, which was nice.

also it looks like thanatos aren't gonna be the best for missions once the carrier changes go live and selling them is :effort: so I'm probably gonna buy some chimeras/archons and either forget about the thanatos for months/years or plat insure them and go for a roam. :sun:

objectively bad fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Apr 3, 2016

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Unfunny Poster posted:

Querious' money moons under Horde sov are owned by the alliance with all the money earned going into the alliance wallet to fund the ships for the newbies. All the other crews in Querious get the moons in their systems and are off limits for people to hit. I would know this since I'm in the chat channels that sort this stuff out, but please tell me more about how it's a secret scheme to funnel money towards PL's wallet. :allears:

Wow you really slurped up what the "chat channel" said. This is really easy to verify, fly to every dyspro in Querious and see who owns them (hint: It's not Pandemic Horde).

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

The point of grindr's is we need numbers and everyone can fly a mega or apoc these days.

And if you don't someone will surely sell a fitted one to you with only a 40% markup.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Rapulum_Dei posted:

And if you don't someone will surely sell a fitted one to you with only a 40% markup.

Theta gotta eat.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rapulum_Dei posted:

Jita prices spike massively every time a war happens with goon doctrines. Just look at the price of interceptors doubling over the past few days as proof. The markup is not nearly what you think it is.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Venom Snake posted:

To elaborate on this carrier thing: the theta method of jumping to save others is going to be more effective after this patch and taking down carriers with subcaps that don't have significant logi support isn't going to happen.

Yeah but they don't auto-aggro so who gives a poo poo?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

vulvamancer posted:

Wow you really slurped up what the "chat channel" said. This is really easy to verify, fly to every dyspro in Querious and see who owns them (hint: It's not Pandemic Horde).

PH is full of spies and other bad people, and PL pays the bills.

That's some impressive :tinfoil: you have there though.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Schadenfreud is his character's name, misspelled and everything. He did this on purpose because the correct spelling was already taken, which is somehow even worse than if he'd just screwed up. :sun:

Yeah basically this. Next station we take is going to be named "Tuxedo Catfish Taranis Retirement Home"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So I got my character into eve mon. I remember I was training for a reimbursed dread and carrier. Are the required skills for that still opsec or can someone give me a plan so I can plug it in and see where I'm at?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So I got my character into eve mon. I remember I was training for a reimbursed dread and carrier. Are the required skills for that still opsec or can someone give me a plan so I can plug it in and see where I'm at?

You can download Evemon plans here:

https://capswarm.goonfleet.com/required

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

vulvamancer posted:

Yeah but they don't auto-aggro so who gives a poo poo?

so instead of completely afk ratting it's just semi-afk, but also 100 times safer and also more profitable.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Zephyrine posted:

You can download Evemon plans here:

https://capswarm.goonfleet.com/required

Super!

edit: oh Im so dumb, skill injectors already have the 500k sp in them you don't have to get them separately. Duh

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 3, 2016

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You should known that there will soon (april 27) be a big capital ship rebalance and that a lot of things will be impacted by those changes.

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/reworking-capital-ships-and-thus-it-begins/

TLDR
New logistics capital ships
Everything becomes much more lethal but also vulnerable
More skillpoints intensive.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So is Suas's crusade against us the same as Villy's, i.e., "Since when does disappearing for a year without telling anyone cause me to lose my positions of authority? Alien and ungoony! Time to blue every former BoB corp!"?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Krogort posted:

You should known that there will soon (april 27) be a big capital ship rebalance and that a lot of things will be impacted by those changes.

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/reworking-capital-ships-and-thus-it-begins/

TLDR
New logistics capital ships
Everything becomes much more lethal but also vulnerable
More skillpoints intensive.

this stuff all looks good, and we'll probably start to see ratting dreads with those new guns, which I guess is another thing to tank

The DD changes will either be good or horrible, depending on the numbers. Every time CCP rebalances DDs they seem to run up against the fact that superweapons are a dumb idea when a lot of players start to have access to them.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Goatman Sacks posted:

So is Suas's crusade against us the same as Villy's, i.e., "Since when does disappearing for a year without telling anyone cause me to lose my positions of authority? Alien and ungoony! Time to blue every former BoB corp!"?

"Here Vily all you have to do is run 10 smaller fleets and you'll get all the access back that you used to have"

"gently caress YOU YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD"

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

objectively bad posted:

you probably shouldn't take every shitpost go on reddit, seriously

Ftfy

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

He was an interview on some cringey eve Twitch thing i was watching and he said lots of dumb poo poo about 'lack of content' with goonfeet and a bunch of other stupid kugu level horseshit so its probably better that hes over in Mens Rights Fleet.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

bonewitch posted:

if half the fleet is going to do functionally zero damage to the primary doctrine our enemies are using maybe thats a bad idea

It's fine if you only need half the fleet to alpha the primary.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Cygni posted:

He was an interview on some cringey eve Twitch thing i was watching and he said lots of dumb poo poo about 'lack of content' with goonfeet and a bunch of other stupid kugu level horseshit so its probably better that hes over in Mens Rights Fleet.

I mean, is he wrong? Lack of content is why I left. Maybe that's not the most accurate way to describe it; lack of content I enjoyed is why I left. I'm having a lot more fun shooting FCON now, and the context of this war is all meaningless to me. As long as I have space mans to shoot.

Goatman Sacks posted:

Smiling Vagrant corrected me earlier ITT and reminded me that Suas was not even around when BOS was shown the door. I don't see why everyone who is on either side of this war is required to have some melodramatic reason for picking which side of the line they're on. Is it that hard to believe that it's fun to have active targets to play against?

smertrioslol fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 3, 2016

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Goatman Sacks posted:

BOS were kicked before suas came back from being afk (he doesn't seem to concerned about whatever position of authority he once had in GSF) and have been in on this action before every former bob corp turned up, so I have no idea why you'd think that.

Pretty sure suas came back to BOS outside GSF and decided to do what provided him and BOS with the best content.

objectively bad fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 3, 2016

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

smertrioslol posted:

Is it that hard to believe that it's fun to have active targets to play against?
is it really so hard to believe that nobody gives a poo poo what your dumb reasons are

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Cygni posted:

is it really so hard to believe that nobody gives a poo poo what your dumb reasons are

uhh, he's in SUAS' corp and was responding to someone asking what SUAS' reasons were? So I guess someone might care.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Cygni posted:

:same:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

objectively bad posted:

uhh, he was responding to someone asking what SUAS' reasons were and a member of BOS (SUAS' corp) responded?

i was looking for something to quote to tell him i didnt care and that one seemed pretty good !!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Zephyrine posted:

To say that suas was kicked is a bit of a misnomer. BOS fell into decline because suas (the main driving force) went inactive. BOS was then kicked for low participation. After which suas came back to call foul. With him back the activity in BOS went up and now they are used as an example of an active corp that was kicked unfairly from GSF.

Did I miss anything?

Syndicate is dead?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Cygni posted:

i was looking for something to quote to tell him i didnt care and that one seemed pretty good !!

You could just not read it. You don't have to jump into every conversation to let everyone involved know your care level.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bilirubin posted:

Syndicate is dead?

It's been extremely dead for a while.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Venom Snake posted:

The locals need time to respawn. This has all happened before and it will all happen again.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Venom Snake posted:

Syndicate is that bad? Like there's nobody living in the reblier, s-u, or fd- areas anymore? I always loved syndicate pvp and thought that the regional dynamic added a lot of fun

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Goatman Sacks posted:

Time to blue every former BoB corp!"?

Former Bob corps is like 600 members over three corporations. Might be time to let this cringey grudge go.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

SperginMcBadposter posted:

You could just not read it. You don't have to jump into every conversation to let everyone involved know your care level.

it was related to the thing he quoted me about geeze you guys geeze

realtalk, im sorta confused by the skill injector prices. doesnt really seem worth it to produce them at the current price, unless im missing somthing? seems like you would just break even to make a plex per plex spent.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

kiresays posted:

Former Bob corps is like 600 members over three corporations. Might be time to let this cringey grudge go.

you first

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Landsknecht posted:

Syndicate is that bad? Like there's nobody living in the reblier, s-u, or fd- areas anymore? I always loved syndicate pvp and thought that the regional dynamic added a lot of fun

There's nobody there because you can't make money and all the moons are tied up by people who will drop enough capitals on you to collapse into a black hole if you threaten them. Also now that PvP can be found a lot easier people don't need to live in an NPC null area right next to highsec.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Cygni posted:

realtalk, im sorta confused by the skill injector prices. doesnt really seem worth it to produce them at the current price, unless im missing somthing? seems like you would just break even to make a plex per plex spent.

You come out ahead if you're training with implants in and the correct attribute remap. More importantly, even if you were only breaking even, that means you could keep an account subbed indefinitely by selling injectors (and just not permanently accumulating SP in the mean time.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Cygni posted:

It lets you keep the account active at the cost of not gaining SP, so accounts dedicated to alts that don't need further training.

• Locked thread