Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

If they can't do melee scenes properly, maybe they should change his fighting style to be more ranged-heavy. To me, Arrow is about... arrows. Like this one:

Have Diggle and Laurel in melee role and Ollie and Thea support them from range with fancy arrows that disable, confuse, stun, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

enraged_camel posted:

If they can't do melee scenes properly, maybe they should change his fighting style to be more ranged-heavy. To me, Arrow is about... arrows. Like this one:

Have Diggle and Laurel in melee role and Ollie and Thea support them from range with fancy arrows that disable, confuse, stun, etc.

I'd have to say that's what irritates me the most about the Arrow. They took a character who's forte is fighting at range, and made him a kung-fu god.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well no, the comic did that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I see a bit of an uproar over the dropped Mayoral plot and the people griping seem to think Ollie was mayor of Star City for a really long time when it was really like 15 issues (4 of which were a flashback story arc). Why do people get so attached to one tiny piece of a character's history?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Tequila Ranger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99MH4uSypzI This one?

I like Arrow. A lot. But I loved it back when Ollie killed the gently caress outta everyone.

Yep. Pretty sure it was that one. Shorter than I remembered. And I also miss those days. The first time Ollie just straight out killed a criminal I was like "gently caress. Ok. This isn't going to be like Smallville at all." Welp. I mean not that Arrow is as bad as Smallville, ever, but I don't remember Ollicity-type poo poo in the first season.

I love that double or triple head-into-the-wall at the end.

Rhyno posted:

I see a bit of an uproar over the dropped Mayoral plot and the people griping seem to think Ollie was mayor of Star City for a really long time when it was really like 15 issues (4 of which were a flashback story arc). Why do people get so attached to one tiny piece of a character's history?

I think many of us just actually want to see him juggle being Mayor and the Green Arrow at the same time.

But also I think people latch onto the concept, because just in general, the idea of a vigilante also being a public official is a pretty interesting one.

King of Solomon posted:

Then you do not remember the Laurel stuff in S1.

Yeah, I must've blocked it out, but was it really as bad as this long string of Felicity stuff? I mean maybe it's just rose-colored glasses.

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 3, 2016

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Longbaugh01 posted:

Yep. Pretty sure it was that one. Shorter than I remembered. And I also miss those days. The first time Ollie just straight out killed a criminal I was like "gently caress. Ok. This isn't going to be like Smallville at all." Welp. I mean not that Arrow is as bad as Smallville, ever, but I don't remember Ollicity-type poo poo in the first season.

I love that double or triple head-into-the-wall at the end.

Then you do not remember the Laurel stuff in S1.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Longbaugh01 posted:

I think many of us just actually want to see him juggle being Mayor and the Green Arrow at the same time.

But also I think people latch onto the concept, because just in general, the idea of a vigilante also being a public official is a pretty interesting one.

I don't deny that it's interesting, it's just puzzling that people (who clearly don't read comics) seem to think it's some major part of his history.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Here's some fighting scenes from a children's show that are generally better than what we usually get in Arrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEzQ1t7unvU

Starting iZombie!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That is a 28 minute video that doesn't have a single punch or kick landing in it. Impressive.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay, giving Arrow another try becuase this episode was said not to be too bad, but yes lets give the super hacker computer access, yup, great work.

Though the Harry Potter conversation was pretty amusing.

Okay, Curtis stuff is pretty excellent, and I'm liking the girls being trapped.

Brie Larvel is just terrible name, even by a DC comics naming level.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 4, 2016

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

twistedmentat posted:

Okay, giving Arrow another try becuase this episode was said not to be too bad, but yes lets give the super hacker computer access, yup, great work.

Yeah I was under the assumption that criminals charged with computer crimes were specifically not allowed to access any kind of computer for a certain amount of time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Though the Harry Potter conversation was pretty amusing.

Okay, Curtis stuff is pretty excellent, and I'm liking the girls being trapped.

Brie Larvel is just terrible name, even by a DC comics naming level.

It's Larvan.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Aphrodite posted:

It's Larvan.

Yeah, like larvae. I think that's the reason anyway.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Yeah I was under the assumption that criminals charged with computer crimes were specifically not allowed to access any kind of computer for a certain amount of time.

Her time was limited by a judge.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Clearly without supervision. Also that that people wouldn't realize that the date was changed.

I'm pretty sure Thea could have kicked her rear end gun or no gun.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Longbaugh01 posted:

Ah yes the "Hackers" rule.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Scyantific posted:

Ah yes the "Hackers" rule.

Haha. Yes it is in that I guess, but I also thought it was a real thing. Though nowadays it seems pretty severe.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Longbaugh01 posted:

Haha. Yes it is in that I guess, but I also thought it was a real thing. Though nowadays it seems pretty severe.

Kevin Mitnick got that order during his second supervised release from prison, though he eventually had it overturned in court. Kevin Poulsen and Chris Lamprecht did as well, it's not unheard of for severe enough hacking/computer crime offenses.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 4, 2016

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Longbaugh01 posted:

They did say it wasn't connected to the Internet. Apparently it was connected to something though!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Kilson posted:

They did say it wasn't connected to the Internet. Apparently it was connected to something though!

The prison's local wikipedia server!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Echo Kellum just got bumped up to series regular for S5

God I hope this means Felicity's in the grave.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Scyantific posted:

I can't wait for Curtis to turn into a whiny self-entitled brat :toot:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

God I hope they aren't planning on having Felicity stay off the team and have her own parallel storylines.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Scyantific posted:

I hope he keeps it light, turns into the teams Sisco.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

God I hope they aren't planning on having Felicity stay off the team and have her own parallel storylines.

Come on dude. That's exactly what they have planned.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe that's what will replace the flashbacks. Completely unrelated scenes of Felicity doing stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"Meanwhile" is one of the words I hate seeing most in episode descriptions.

If you start to look for it you'll see just how often it gets used for TV. Most shows shouldn't have their casts split up doing different things, this isn't Friends.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

OB_Juan posted:

Maybe that's what will replace the flashbacks. Completely unrelated scenes of Felicity doing stuff.

Oliver: "I never thought I'd see those flesh-eating slugs again, after..."
Digger: "After what, Oliver?"
Oliver: "... I can't talk about it"
*Cut to scene of Felicity pushing a cart down a grocery store aisle with fresh produce in the cart*

Sieje
Jun 29, 2004

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes.
Season 5 has Felicity on the Island during all the flashbacks and ends with her being sent back to Starling city with amnesia of her time there.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

OB_Juan posted:

My name is Felicity Smoak. After four years of undergrad CS I have come home with only one goal- to make rent. But to do that, I can't be the Goth I once was. To honor my lease agreement, I must be someone else. I must be something else.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

I hope he keeps it light, turns into the teams Sisco.

I hope he turns into Roy. He already has the sick flips.

edit: Felicity is still dead in this scenario. Replaced by the Bee lady.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

jscolon2.0 posted:

My name is Felicity Smoak. After four years of undergrad CS I have come home with only one goal- to make rent. But to do that, I can't be the Goth I once was. To honor my lease agreement, I must be someone else. I must be something else.

hire this person s/he has instantly rehabilitated Felicity

libertao
Jun 23, 2006
Doofus

Scyantific posted:

Is this a running joke I'm missing or wasn't Felicity in the limo after Oliver visited the gravesite?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

libertao posted:

Is this a running joke I'm missing or wasn't Felicity in the limo after Oliver visited the gravesite?

Robert, Tommy, and Shado have all appeared as life-like hallucinations, so it possible (as in we want this poo poo to happen) that limo Felicity is one too.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rarity posted:

I can't wait for Curtis to turn into a whiny self-entitled brat :toot:

Curliver

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Azhais posted:

Curliver

Longbaugh01 posted:

You know what would be hilarious? If Curtis as the "Oracle" character also gets into a relationship with Ollie, and at the beginning we all like it, but then a season later it's full of the same melodrama as Olicity and it gets to the point like it did with Felicity where we just want him to go away.

Curllie? Ollitis? Collie?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hope y'all like watching Mr. Terrific's perfectly happy domestic relationship fall apart as he continually lies more and more to his man!

That was sarcasm, no one would enjoy that and yet we're going to have to watch it anyway.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Robert, Tommy, and Shado have all appeared as life-like hallucinations, so it possible (as in we want this poo poo to happen) that limo Felicity is one too.

It's actually Felicity's long-lost twin sister in the limo.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Hope y'all like watching Mr. Terrific's perfectly happy domestic relationship fall apart as he continually lies more and more to his man!

That was sarcasm, no one would enjoy that and yet we're going to have to watch it anyway.

God dammit, you're right...

It should be the writers who should be in the grave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Chokes McGee posted:

Yep, basically felt that coming from just the couple scenes we got in this last episode.

• Locked thread