Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm so ready for the other shoe to drop after like, The Surface fight or whatever where Actually Part 4 Is Bad, When Will They Find The Stand Arrow

Josuke Higashikata posted:

In the words of Araki, ero is inevitable.
josuke and yasuho are actually cute and sweet and they sing about large fries, so it's cool romance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm clicking the hidden option 3, graphic hardcore sex between a gps and a robot.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

spoilery stuff like avatars and the like don't really count for much because they're missing a hell of a lot of context and people won't exactly know anything about the details of them unless they deliberately look it up, in which case that's kind of their deal. for me, personally, it gets mildly annoying when people start talking full out about later parts/events using the most bare bones of prompts to go off of in the anime thread, because it takes all of like half a second to check what thread someone is posting in.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

I'm clicking the hidden option 3, graphic hardcore sex between a gps and a robot.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Spoilers also aren't the end of the world, especially with something as "about the journey" as JoJo. Knowing what the final villain looks like, or even knowing his power, doesn't take away the excitement of seeing how he uses it, and how events unfold. Sure it'd be ideal if everyone was totally blank slate on everything, but we've all read the manga, and still adore the animation even though we know everything that's going to happen, because JoJo is good. One might even say G R E A T!

My personal opinion is if something is only good the first time through, it wasn't good in the first place. Art should stand up to repeat viewings. It's still polite to tag things, to not talk about future arcs, and to not coyly flaunt your knowledge of the future like a dickbag, of course. But if some gets through the cracks, it's not a big deal at all, especially when they're as benign as "this character exists".

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 3, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JoJo just has moments where it speaks to the soul.
Where the things they say resonate on every level.

Norisuke is extra good at it though.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I knew okuyasu died but didn't know he came back and reading that part still destroyed me so much that i had to take a reading break. I was way more upset than I was about kakyoin, though I had seen the ova ages ago so that was way different.

I wonder how much more upset I would have been if i hadn't known about oku at all, though death is always safe bet with brojos.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I knew okuyasu died but didn't know he came back and reading that part still destroyed me so much that i had to take a reading break. I was way more upset than I was about kakyoin, though I had seen the ova ages ago so that was way different.

I wonder how much more upset I would have been if i hadn't known about oku at all, though death is always safe bet with brojos.

I didn't know Okuyasu died and I was very upset by it, even though deep in my heart I knew Josuke would find a way.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

I hate PSAs and people who tend to post them are insufferable.

It's surprising that I don't.

e: The existence of future JoJos/the fact they have stands isn't a spoiler IMO. I mean, hell, if you were watching the show as David intended on Friday, before the show even started it showed the splash image on the official site http://jojo-animation.com/ as the sponsor image and the commercial break showed Josuke, Yasuho, Joshuu and Soft and Wet. There's nothing in my avatar/gang tag that's really a spoiler by any real definition of the term.

Plus, the first OP showed all the jojo's up to jolyne

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Insane way of looking at things: Jolyne technically appears onscreen before Jonathan in the anime

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jolyne is perfect so she deserves it.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Part 4: Thread Is Crash.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the call was coming from inside the thread

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Phew dang. That was unpleasant to read.

I've seen some gifs though i actually prefer plain images; when the thread comes back can we do manga/ anime comparison shots

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My vote is: An indepth discussion about the size of Lisa Lisa's butt based on scale using Joseph's stated 195cm frame as reference and then further comparisons to determine if she has the best butt in Battle Tendency or do Kars, Esidisi or Wham have her beat?

My preliminary research suggests Esidisi isn't loving around and is packing some serious buns.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

no they will not posted:

Insane way of looking at things: Jolyne technically appears onscreen before Jonathan in the anime

The first episode didn't have the OP so actually no.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Part 4: Thread Is Crash.
Part 4 is the most feelgood part.

I just want people to enjoy themselves enjoying it, and to be excellent to each other. Please understand.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'll talk about Lisa Lisa rear end any day, any thread, any time.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

To both Oku and Seafood

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Just a few more weeks until my perfect son makes one tiny mistake and tries to kill josuke before hitting himself in the face with a flower pot.

God is real and extremely good

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

The first episode didn't have the OP so actually no.

son of a bitch!!!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When I read the jojo manga I pretty much already knew all of spoilers about who dies and stuff but somehow I managed to miss that Joseph gets brought back to life, and that narancia dies. Both ended up hitting me hard because it was like "holy poo poo joseph you son of a bitch hahaha" really happy he was just alive again, while narancia's death just felt so out of nowhere like an even more sudden version of avdol's death.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kakyoin could never be uncle Kakyoin i cry every tiem

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Kakyoin would tell Jotaro that he was taking Jolyne off for an educational trip to the local museum and halfway there he'd say "okay we're actually going over to Polnareff's house to TP the place and sabotage his toilet so it explodes on him, that loving rear end in a top hat deserves it"

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Moltrey posted:

I'm so ready for the other shoe to drop after like, The Surface fight or whatever where Actually Part 4 Is Bad

You're a liar.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Moltrey posted:

I'm so ready for the other shoe to drop after like, The Surface fight or whatever where Actually Part 4 Is Bad, When Will They Find The Stand Arrow

josuke and yasuho are actually cute and sweet and they sing about large fries, so it's cool romance

probe anyone who complains about italian food with duwangs tia mods

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Make them scrub Tonio's kitchen top to bottom

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

In the words of Araki, ero is inevitable.

Soft and Wet sporting a serious bulge there, drat. :stwoon:

(All kidding aside I do love Yasuho and Gappy, their relationship is cute and I love how realistic Yasuho's motivations are for helping out Josuke).

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Soft & Wet takes things, right?
:shepicide:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

ManlyGrunting posted:

Soft and Wet sporting a serious bulge there, drat. :stwoon:

You're correct. Gappy's Josefumi Kujo's Stand is cool & powerful & obviously has a serious junk

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
we're talking about his Soft & Wet package but we aren't even discussing her Paisley Park.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

If Yasuho & Gappy end up alive and safe and happy at the end of JJL, the slate will be wiped clean in terms of sad/unfair deaths in prior arcs. Let Norisuke and Jobin go down with the ship (Jobin a self-sacrifice after realizing he's been helping the wrong loving people). Keep Joshuu off the ship entirely and just leave him down the drain. Protect Yasuho and it'll all be good.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Joshuu has gone down the drain and we will not see him again.

Until he emerges in part 9.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it IS about time that we had a part where people can be sorta happy at the end. ignoring stone ocean, that is, because other than emporio there's something to be said about New Jolyne and the crew being freed from the burden of fate. i can definitely see gappy and yasuho + others being able to scrape out a happy life at the end while gappy tries to figure out who he is. metaphorically, not literally. he already knows the latter.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

Joshuu has gone down the drain and we will not see him again.

Until he emerges in part 9.

the drain actually leads to the same place as Cream

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it was already established that if someone gets far enough away from vitamin c then they'll reform with no damage unless damo or whoever straight up cuts them, so i have a feeling that joshuu is going to have a rude awakening when he's dunked into the ocean by a storm drain or something. same with kyo, even though we're not 100% sure what all happened with her once she was melted. norisuke is definitely out of a hand, though.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Johnny Joestar posted:

it was already established that if someone gets far enough away from vitamin c then they'll reform with no damage unless damo or whoever straight up cuts them, so i have a feeling that joshuu is going to have a rude awakening when he's dunked into the ocean by a storm drain or something. same with kyo, even though we're not 100% sure what all happened with her once she was melted. norisuke is definitely out of a hand, though.

This part doesn't have any "healers," does it?
EDIT: Other than the fruit of course. Which is highly likely to take something much more important than a hand.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Can't Nut King Call kinda heal?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

EDIT: Other than the fruit of course. Which is highly likely to take something much more important than a hand.

I wouldn't be surprised if Soft & Wet could heal by moving stuff around, and nut king call will probably be able to heal in the same way Sticky Fingers could.

Killer Queen could apparently be used for surgical stuff like destroying blood clots but that seems to be it.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Johnny Joestar posted:

it IS about time that we had a part where people can be sorta happy at the end. ignoring stone ocean, that is, because other than emporio there's something to be said about New Jolyne and the crew being freed from the burden of fate. i can definitely see gappy and yasuho + others being able to scrape out a happy life at the end while gappy tries to figure out who he is. metaphorically, not literally. he already knows the latter.

Hey now, Part 7 does a great bittersweet ending. Yes, ultimately Gyro died and that was terrible, but Johnny is finally standing on his own two feet (metaphorically and literally) and moving forward with his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Hey now, Part 7 does a great bittersweet ending. Yes, ultimately Gyro died and that was terrible, but Johnny is finally standing on his own two feet (metaphorically and literally) and moving forward with his life.

Except then he gets crushed by a rock.